Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I knew he wasn't gonna be there but it's still kinda lovely to confirm that Pat Francis isn't there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Was PFT wearing a fake mustache

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh I totally didn’t notice that, and now I’m curious. Maybe he had to shave the real one for a role or something?

I don’t know who the current lady on is, but the only thing that’s salvaging her time is being ragged on for being horribly unfunny.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Was PFT wearing a fake mustache

Yeah he tore it off right at the end

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Anyone listen to that Punch Up the Jams podcast? As interesting as it sounds?

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

Anyone listen to that Punch Up the Jams podcast? As interesting as it sounds?

It is absolutely wonderful. If you liked any of his fake Will Smith end credit raps you'll love it. It became a staple of my very heavy Thursday schedule.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh, hi Pod Casterman.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
Jimmy abdicated and Scotty Auks turned it into live CBB.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
What a romantic proposal.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That was amazing. Show needed more bits amongst the interviews, and Scotty Too Hotty delivered.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

...no new hollywood handbook =[

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

cams posted:

...no new hollywood handbook =[

IDK what's wrong with your stuff, I'm listening to one of the best press junket interviews ever on my feed

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I'm extremely excited for the boys' new junket format

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I’m still in awe at “Peter Sit-and-spin-awitz”

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess just a heads up to anyone who used a Howl free trial for Hollywood Handbook Pro version that auto renewal for a years subscription is the default (with no email reminder or anything obv)

of course i definitely didn't get caught by this but maybe other people aren't as smart as I am

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah it’s good practice to either cancel free subs the moment you get them, or put an alert in your calendar a few days before at the least.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah I feel stupid since I usually don't get caught by it but I was surprised an annual sub was the default. I wonder if Howl will still be up a year from now (the same account works for Stitcher but their app is so bad)

It's funny because I finally subscribed to Harry's a while back since they're in the UK now and they actually email you a few days before instead of desperately hoping you'll forget

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The fresh food delivery people are the worst. There’s no way to put anything on hold, so you have to log in every now and again to turn the deliveries that are now scheduled to ‘off’ before they mail it out and charge you $50. Very much by design.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Stitcher Premium's trial signup was very good and let you opt out of auto renew during the signup process.

Of course then I ran into the other issue where it was impossible to renew or use any kind of code once I decided "Yes I do want this service." When I attempted to cancel it said "Your account is cancelled" but I retained access until the date my trial was supposed to expire anyhow.

Help Im Alive posted:

It's funny because I finally subscribed to Harry's

They should call those things "Smoothy's"

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

EL BROMANCE posted:

The fresh food delivery people are the worst. There’s no way to put anything on hold, so you have to log in every now and again to turn the deliveries that are now scheduled to ‘off’ before they mail it out and charge you $50. Very much by design.

Lol ya Blue Apron made me send an email, wait for a reply, and then double confirm in order to cancel.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Sure they'll be free at some point but I might just pony up the cash to listen to Don DiMello discuss the Trump Piss Tape as soon as it's available.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's the Columbia House profit model, they send you stuff automatically and make it hard to cancel so that it feels like it's your fault you owe them money.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

my podcast machine was broken but i fixed it

the dynamic on today's hh was great and peter serafinowicz playing straight man to the boyz was a dream

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
great ad for cool hats on today’s HH

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Sure they'll be free at some point but I might just pony up the cash to listen to Don DiMello discuss the Trump Piss Tape as soon as it's available.

If this doesn't sell Howl/Stitcher subscriptions, I don't know what will.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I hope Don Dimello directed the pisstape.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
As in today's R.E.M, every story I've ever heard Scott tells about his childhood/parents has been mildly alarming/concerning.

SpaceParrot
Jul 18, 2006

Something big just snuck in under the radar

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/stitcher-premium/an-oral-history-of-the-1993-tappan-jr-high-talent-show

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Early REM is so bad.

Koholint
Jan 1, 2010

~Neck Angels~
The fawning praise the Scotts are giving every identical sounding REM song is more surreal to me than I remember the U2 show being.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Obviously music is massively subjective, but calling early R.E.M. albums great isn't exactly going out on a limb. If you look at pretty much any 'Best Albums of the '80s' list you'll see Murmur and Reckoning right up there. So the Scotts are in the majority (of nerdy music fans anyway) for their love of them.

I like the records already discussed a lot, but actually prefer Green/Out of Time/Automatic for the People-era R.E.M., which I can already tell Scott A. doesn't like, so I look forward to getting irrationally annoyed by those episodes.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Hello, it's me, the person who thinks Murmur is a good album, but also agrees that the songs tend to all sound the same and bleed together (on the first few listens).

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

it's pretty bad

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Stitcher: We don't know how to promote the thing you are paying for on our website that doesn't work

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

quote:

Starring: Sean Clements, Gabe Delahaye, Jon Gabrus, Lauren Lapkus, Tom Scharpling, Lakshmi Sundaram, Andrew Ti, and Tia Carrere

quote:

Starring: Andrew Ti
🤔🤔

SpaceParrot
Jul 18, 2006

HolePisser1982 posted:

it's pretty bad

Yeah I'm not loving it so far

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

But Sean is in it!

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

hahaha now I understand why Sean made an offhand joke about a parody true crime podcast this week

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Teenage Fansub posted:

Early REM is so bad.

take this to the c-spam hot takes thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Based on what I've heard on the podcast REM is even worse than U2. Maybe you had to be a teenager in the early '80s to find it OK?