Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Honestly I got burnt out on BF1 before that map came out, so I have no idea. Naval combat doesn't interest me at all, so turning tides didn't pull me back. Apocalypse doesn't sound too great either. Plus what I'm looking forward to is eastern front and French country side with hedgerows. I would like to see some less well known areas, like China. I doubt they'd do that though, I'm sure it'll be WW2s biggest battles but this time in Frostbite. Which, honestly, I'm 100% cool with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

It would be cool if they forced the campaign only up to a certain point. Like not going past 1945 or whatever.

Whatever year was “most balanced”

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Did the ‘get 15,000 points in a round with the death toll affliction equipped’ challenge by peppering airplanes all match on Albion with the lMG lol

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I hope they unfuck the stupid vehicle decisions they made in BF1.

Some of the most fun Ive ever had playing Battlefield was spent sneaking onto an enemy flag, waiting for the armor to spawn, and fighting my way out.

Now? You spawn into armor on a point from the map. You can repair your tank from *inside*. It's so dumb. BF1 cured me of a 10,000+ hour Battlefield addiction.

Bf1943 with more maps and D3.0 and I'll get back on the wagon (off the wagon?).

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 4, 2018

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Stealing tanks from spawn/bombing planes on the runway was absolutely terrible for games, and I hope it never returns

red19fire
May 26, 2010

It's fun in a goon squad, but no fun to be on the receiving end of a steamrolling.

I think the C4 jihad jeeps did a lot to keep the tanklords under control. If dynamite stuck to vehicles it would change the game for the better.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
one goon squad stingering helicopters as they try to take off

one goon squad shooting the mans who come to try to stop them from doing so

Stinger Mountain binches

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Stealing tanks from spawn/bombing planes on the runway was absolutely terrible for games, and I hope it never returns

That's great, I didn't say anything about stealing tanks from spawn. Primo critical reading skills.

Armor that spawns at cappable points should be fair game. Hence why I said "flags" and not "enemy spawn"

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 4, 2018

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

The clarinet(?) menu music added with the Apocalypse patch is really really good.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

red19fire posted:

I think the C4 jihad jeeps did a lot to keep the tanklords under control. If dynamite stuck to vehicles it would change the game for the better.
A-loving-men to this. Dynamite is so useless against vehicles it's insane. Anyone even slightly paying attention (and even 75% of drivers who aren't) will just drive away. It loving owns on maps like Fort de Vaux to kill infantry around corners, though. Love playing Assault on that map.

But yeah, jihad jeeps need to make a comeback. That would also require the other change that needs to happen in the new BF, allowing players to spawn in transport vehicles from the map again.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I finally shot down two airplanes using an LMG! :)

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
jihad jeeps need to come back if for no other reason than it’s incredibly loving funny to wreck peoples poo poo with them

red19fire
May 26, 2010

My lovely pub team got steamrolled the previous round, then held A, B and C on Suez for pretty much the entire round by me nonstop pounding it with mortars and gas. They got one kill on me, 3 calvary horse dudes rushing my truck at once.

On linear maps the mortar truck is straight up unfair.

v: Nope, just creeping mortar fire between C and D. Almost a total deadlock, team couldn't do much of anything else, and I got a 6-man multi kill on a sniper nest.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 6, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If you capped a good amount of flags then I am impressed. If you capped less than 5 you are camping scum.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

red19fire posted:

My lovely pub team got steamrolled the previous round, then held A, B and C on Suez for pretty much the entire round by me nonstop pounding it with mortars and gas. They got one kill on me, 3 calvary horse dudes rushing my truck at once.

On linear maps the mortar truck is straight up unfair.

v: Nope, just creeping mortar fire between C and D. Almost a total deadlock, team couldn't do much of anything else, and I got a 6-man multi kill on a sniper nest.

Mortar Trucks are amazing.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
What can the marty truck do that the mortar tank can’t?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Red u bitch pick up da squad invites holy poo poo I was spamming you to death last night lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

e.pilot posted:

What can the marty truck do that the mortar tank can’t?

It shoots the heavy mortars as fast as normal mortars

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Red u bitch pick up da squad invites holy poo poo I was spamming you to death last night lol

Sorry I was singularly focused on getting roadkills in the plane, and playing at like 2 am with people in the house, can't talk that much.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It shoots the heavy mortars as fast as normal mortars

Holy poo poo that’s ridiculous, I’ll have to try it the next time I play, I always wrote it off as some kind of poorly armored mortar tank.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
It used to shoot a different mortar round before a recent patch, didn't it? Might have to give it a try again too.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

red19fire posted:

Sorry I was singularly focused on getting roadkills in the plane, and playing at like 2 am with people in the house, can't talk that much.

It's good man, I'm just giving you poo poo I always assume people are busy or doin stuff. I did p well considering it's been a month since I played last

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Noctone posted:

jihad jeeps need to come back if for no other reason than it’s incredibly loving funny to wreck peoples poo poo with them

the core philosophy of my playstyle. Hoping in the new BF we can at least cover explosives in tar to stick them to vehicles

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

The truck lets you drop 4 rounds back to back to back. Also gives you Smoke and Gas. Quick enough to get the gently caress out when assaulted.

The tank blows. Truck is king.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Also DICE needs to bring back Commander mode so I can drop supplies on campers.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I guess the EA servers are down or something?

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I guess the EA servers are down or something?

Been hosed up most of today.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
just a little horsin' around

https://i.imgur.com/HgpcLMG.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/Gkyn8fF.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/O8PN9r2.gifv

The lance has made the cavalry sword so goddamn worthless in comparison. I'm always sad when I steal a horse and the owner had a sword equipped.

EDIT: Also, pro-tip, I'm not sure when this was changed, but if you drop a medkit at a full gallop now, you'll automatically pick it up yourself... and it heals the horse too. :madmax:

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 9, 2018

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
although if you're like me you only really notice avatars, I have changed my forums name to align with my PS4 name

too many places i'm interacting with Internet People that I need to keep straight...

and, contrary to Curt Schilling's feverish ranting, I do exist.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Gunshow Poophole posted:

although if you're like me you only really notice avatars, I have changed my forums name to align with my PS4 name

too many places i'm interacting with Internet People that I need to keep straight...

and, contrary to Curt Schilling's feverish ranting, I do exist.

My forum name used to align with my Xbox and PlayStation names (baconfeet) but I asked a mod to change my forum name and I happened to like Live At Five!

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

A new bug introduced with the last patch, the animations for the (box fed variant) Autoloading 8 are broken: It does the empty reload animation (mag change, pull charging handle) for a partial reload and vice versa

Cmon dice

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
I absolutely love the SMG 08/18 after whatever patch that upped the fire rate. :discourse:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I can’t stop playing the heavy bomber it’s just so insane carpet bombing people all game

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Every time I try to use that thing I get shot down within a minute

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Gosh is the trench variant of the Russian 1895 lever action a fun weapon to use in cqc maps

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

OK I've made a lot of horseposts in this thread but I don't think I'm gonna top this one.

https://i.imgur.com/MMpkdvB.gifv

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Oh my god

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

There should be a mix of :discourse: and :stare: for that, holy poo poo dude.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
lololol wow that's gotta be the best BF1 highlight I've seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

OK I've made a lot of horseposts in this thread but I don't think I'm gonna top this one.

https://i.imgur.com/MMpkdvB.gifv

Holy poo poo

Pisssssssssssss