Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Tutorial is like 10 minutes max and has some fun moments/lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Tutorial is super charming and just a short little walk in the park.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Tamayachi posted:

It's weird to me that people don't just mash the mark button while sweeping a field so you can see where all the specials/potions/bombs are.

I do this anytime I hear a special spawn sound. It will frequently highlight them even when they are behind scenery, and doesn't cost anything to do.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

Digirat posted:

It's making zero difference in damage to the training dummies.

The training dummy doesn't seem to be very accurate. It's a hugely noticeable difference on bosses where you can see the healthbar, or just dropping knights in a single grudgeraker shot.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the grudgeraker is really goddamn good and it's great enough to even make me want to use it now and then even if i'm playing the ironbreaker and don't have the innate boosts to ranged going on. it seems to work kind of like a real shotgun in that it has actually decent power at medium range and i can reliably pop off specials that round the corner if need be.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
If the drakegun didn't exist I would totally use the grudgeraker all the time.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

the grudgeraker is really goddamn good and it's great enough to even make me want to use it now and then even if i'm playing the ironbreaker and don't have the innate boosts to ranged going on. it seems to work kind of like a real shotgun in that it has actually decent power at medium range and i can reliably pop off specials that round the corner if need be.

As the Veteran Ranger, is there any point using any ranged weapon other than the Grudge Raker? With the VR being subjected to ranged damage drop off, there doesn't seem to be much point using anything else.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Johnny Joestar posted:

It's powerful in every possible situation. Hordes, armored enemies, specials, near, far, whatever. Having only two shots is barely a downside unless you're completely surrounded and that doesn't happen all that often.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
DOOMDWARF LIVES

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I like when you pump up the shield bash on Kruber and you knock down 500 dickheads in a glorious anime power wave every time you use it.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Calihan posted:

As the Veteran Ranger, is there any point using any ranged weapon other than the Grudge Raker? With the VR being subjected to ranged damage drop off, there doesn't seem to be much point using anything else.

i think in one of the last couple patches they actually lowered the damage dropoff on 'sniper' weapons? which would include the crossbow and handgun, i guess. i haven't done intensive testing by any means but they feel better to use and less like i'm uselessly thunking a bolt or 3 into something to kill it.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

Tutorial is super charming and just a short little walk in the park.

Further reinforced why I play the Dwarf

Bardin :swoon:

JBP posted:

I like when you pump up the shield bash on Kruber and you knock down 500 dickheads in a glorious anime power wave every time you use it.

KRUUUUUUUUUUUBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

A Bug posted:

The training dummy doesn't seem to be very accurate. It's a hugely noticeable difference on bosses where you can see the healthbar, or just dropping knights in a single grudgeraker shot.

continuing on from this half the wizard's melee attacks (ceremonial dagger charge attack and flamesword charge attack) don't hit the dummies, none of the dot from her flames are visible making that a moot point, and you can't hit them with conflagration aoe either

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Lunethex posted:

The moral of the story is, it doesn't matter what difficulty it is or what level you are because this is Vermintide and you will die in the most inane ways. if you aren't in LoS of a teammate or within 30m of them back the gently caress up.

Also don't abandon your buddy entirely when a horde starts because one of you dropped a tome.

Johnny Joestar posted:

It one-shots Stormvermin it's so nice.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I would enjoy this game a lot more if there were more than one map.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Where is the cheapest place to find vermintide 2 now that greenman gamings deal is done?

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Humble Store with their subscriber discount maybe. You do subscribe right?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
is there a way to get the collector's edition if you've already pre-ordered? it shows up as a DLC, but it's the full value of the base game+collector's edition, and doesn't even allow you to check out.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Bardin should be able to use the drakegun as a jetpack.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Night Blade posted:

I would enjoy this game a lot more if there were more than one map.

There are four. But it's only a little under a week until all maps are released.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm not doing quick play, I'm picking the maps since it always dumps me on the mine one and pubs can't deal with it

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene
Did they nerf Salty's pistol? It feels completely impotent

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Lunethex posted:

The moral of the story is, it doesn't matter what difficulty it is or what level you are because this is Vermintide and you will die in the most inane ways. if you aren't in LoS of a teammate or within 30m of them back the gently caress up.

The A.I. director will absolutely spawn a gutter, packmaster, or leech to punish someone for being way ahead or behind the group.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

MonsterEnvy posted:

There are four. But it's only a little under a week until all maps are released.

How many are there? It feels like these are all stage 3 of campaign threads.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

Did they nerf Salty's pistol? It feels completely impotent

The sidearm with the rapier does feel pathetic. I headshot a warpfire thrower 6 times and it didn't die. It kept getting staggered, and each time I heard the crit sound I was like "finally, this is the time it'll die." Nope~

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Darke GBF posted:

The sidearm with the rapier does feel pathetic. I headshot a warpfire thrower 6 times and it didn't die. It kept getting staggered, and each time I heard the crit sound I was like "finally, this is the time it'll die." Nope~

Wasn't it great before the new patch? I haven't used it but my mate thought it was decent.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

JBP posted:

Wasn't it great before the new patch? I haven't used it but my mate thought it was decent.

I didn't try him before the new patch, so I have no basis for comparison. It still seems to one or two hit fodder but maybe it's got poo poo damage dropoff or something.

edit: Reddit delivers

Darke GBF fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 4, 2018

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene
Unless I'm missing something it's completely worthless now. It does ok damage at point blank range, literally once enemies are beyond melee range the damage is about half and if the`y're in melee range you're better off just swinging.

e. did some testing on the dummy, it's less than half a sword swing's damage at just a few paces away. If you stick it in their stomach and fire, it's about as much damage as a fully charged thrust. I would much rather them put the ammo requirement back and keep the damage what it used to be.

Capri Sun Tzu fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Mar 4, 2018

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I had an interesting bug with pubs. I guess the game de-synced for a moment, as the game decided I died while on my end I was still alive, if by a thread. It was proper death, too, while I still was running around and everyone was all sorts of confused. I freed myself later (CUZ WHY NOT) and then there were two krugers, how terrifying, but my client one didn't actually seem to exist. (Didn't get targetted, didn't attack. (The other one was just arms, too, amusingly.)) Fixed itself when I revived someone, but I assume there was still a ghost-me in the corner as the game decided to spawn no less then fifteen assassins on the group through the rest of the map.

we lost

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

Unless I'm missing something it's completely worthless now. It does ok damage at point blank range, literally once enemies are beyond melee range the damage is about half and if the`y're in melee range you're better off just swinging.

e. did some testing on the dummy, it's less than half a sword swing's damage at just a few paces away. If you stick it in their stomach and fire, it's about as much damage as a fully charged thrust. I would much rather them put the ammo requirement back and keep the damage what it used to be.

Maybe it's good with the bounty hunter since there's no drop off.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
I finally did it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

JBP posted:

How many are there? It feels like these are all stage 3 of campaign threads.

It appears these are all the stages of Act III. The final mission Warcamp is beating the Chaos Champion after you upset him, by freeing his slaves, blowing up his supplies, and stopping his big plan.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

MonsterEnvy posted:

It appears these are all the stages of Act III. The final mission Warcamp is beating the Chaos Champion after you upset him, by freeing his slaves, blowing up his supplies, and stopping his big plan.

I suppose I too would be a little upset if someone came into my house and ruined absolutely everything.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Had the chaos boss spawn in that stretch of the festering ground where you cross the river.

It was actually horrifying and hilarious to watch as it then proceeded to knock kruber off, eat the dwarf and gently caress me and the elf.

Game still feels great when my pubs fail

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
If you talk to Olyssa after finishing a mission she reports on how you pissed off the Chaos Lord.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Looking at getting V2 to play with some goons, I miss the days when L4D2 had a real playerbase. Is it looking like it's any good from the beta?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

PMush Perfect posted:

Looking at getting V2 to play with some goons, I miss the days when L4D2 had a real playerbase. Is it looking like it's any good from the beta?

Yes.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

My run speed is consistently 5-10% lower than everyone else's, with no one having gear equipped that affects move speed, and it's driving me insane

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

PMush Perfect posted:

Hm, that depends. What are your feelings about rats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Any one played with ceremonial dagger on sienna? Any comments? How is it?

• Locked thread