Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Well, my fault for being slow. I'll re-write it I guess.

Here's my belt.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Edit: I was down in your neck of the woods today, goddamn gently caress why is every road in and out a loving toll road

Lol what, the only toll road is the crosstown and that's optional. Just take I-4 to 275 south, no tolls.

If you come up through the south over the Skyway then you pay one toll for the bridge.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Lol what, the only toll road is the crosstown and that's optional. Just take I-4 to 275 south, no tolls.

If you come up through the south over the Skyway then you pay one toll for the bridge.

682 (685?) To skyway.

Because I4 was so goddamn bad at the 275 interchange we did the crosstown (toll) so we got hit on there, the other road, and the bridge.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
... I just side piped a buddies lifted miata with scraps around the shop. It's way better then I want to admit. The sound is amazing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Found a comic book store!

Douche inside was arguing that Black Panthers powers are all drug induced so he's just another black crackhead.

So much for California being the promised land!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

682 (685?) To skyway.

Because I4 was so goddamn bad at the 275 interchange we did the crosstown (toll) so we got hit on there, the other road, and the bridge.

This time of year the crosstown won't be much better honestly. Depending where you're going in St.Pete, it's probably quicker and easier coming up from the south end even tho it's longer distance, and you only have one toll at the Skyway, take 75 down to 275 then back up. Or whatever way you want to take to 275 will work.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Douche inside was arguing that Black Panthers powers are all drug induced so he's just another black crackhead.

I mean technically, it was some purple drank...

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

California, home of the LAPD. anything you hear in a comic book store is literally child's play by comparison

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

San Diego is weird.
Have you had both carne asada fries and a california burrito yet?

IIRC, you're also going to LA. There is nothing worth doing in LA but eating and looking at cars. But they are both amazing. Like I was s sick of Veyrons when I lived in socal. You can also get a good version of any food in the greater LA area if you know where to look.
Skip Hollywood and go directly the Mario's (Peruvian), thai town, or langer's (better pastrami than NYC, fight me).
Make a reservation of the Peterson vault tour (way better than the actual museum, which is also quite good. You have to make a reservation.
If you can get to the Mullin museum, it will be open on the 10th and the 24th this month, it is literally the most amazing car museum in the US if you like 20-30s era cars. You must buy tickets in advance. Totally amazing.

BraveUlysses posted:

California, home of the LAPD. anything you hear in a comic book store is literally child's play by comparison
LAPD isn't even nearly the worst department in the greater LA area.

nm fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Mar 4, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The fries were nothing new. They have that poo poo in Indiana. The burrito was awesome though.

We're doing Hollywood mostly i guess and not LA as that's what she wanted most out of the trip.

Just got back to the hotel, we walked through the edge of downtown after dark and the homeless are everywhere. And we're told it's unnaturally cold righ now so everyone is suffering. This city is breaking my goddamn heart.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

the spyder posted:

... I just side piped a buddies lifted miata with scraps around the shop. It's way better then I want to admit. The sound is amazing.

So it sounds like your saying I shouldn't sell my miata to my brother and lift it like I had been thinking about.....

How is it to drive?

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Dtla has some interesting stuff but you should head out to the coast a few times.

Stuff in/around downtown:

Philippes
Fashion district
Olvera st
Little tokyo
Tommy's original
Griffith Park
La brea tar pits
Korea town if you like kbbq and/or karaoke

I think there's an observation room and glass floor or something way up in the tallest building (us bank?). Also a mccormick and schmicks in there which we always used to go to for late night happy hour.

The Grove is a good place to wander around and has a good food court

It's cool to drive down sunset all the way to Santa Monica. Lots of interesting stuff along the way.

You can drive up PCH to Malibu and go up in the canyons. And go to Neptune's net.

I never really liked going to Venice Beach but it's a touristy thing to do.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
I went wakeboarding today for about ten minutes. It's my second time and first in about 10 years. I think my whole body below my nipples may be hosed.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Watching my 4yo projectile-poo poo across the bathroom as she dry heaves into the toilet is not how I expected to begin my Sunday.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

angryrobots posted:

Watching my 4yo projectile-poo poo across the bathroom as she dry heaves into the toilet is not how I expected to begin my Sunday.

Well poo poo.

But seriously, that sucks. Hope she gets better ASAP

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

It's a pain in the rear end is what it is.

It's literally just a carnival that has some strawberries at it. That's it. And it's dry, so you can't even have a beer to take the edge off the Gibsonton-bred folk shouting at you from every ride and game.

If they go, tell her that if they're thirsty they need to find the Catholic church booth/tent (easy to find, it's where the make your own strawberry shortcake line starts) because a fountain drink is a dollar, bottled water is two bucks. Rest of the fair a smaller drink starts at 4 bucks.

Edit: I was down in your neck of the woods today, goddamn gently caress why is every road in and out a loving toll road

Orlando is the Land of the Toll Road. I fuckin hate how I can’t get anywhere without using 417, 408, 429, or 414. To get from work to pick up my kids, I got through 3 toll plazas. To get home after taking them back to their mother is another 3 toll plazas.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Isn't the BP pretty much black Trump? Wakanda is extremely isolationist, has a big gently caress off cloaking shield around it "protecting" it from everyone else and pretty much says "gently caress everyone else" until his country is threatened. It's been years since I read the comics, so I could be wrong.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Fuckin hell, woke up to find my smoker stalled out overnight and my 3 seven pound pork shoulders have to be tossed out :argh::argh::argh:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

BraveUlysses posted:

Fuckin hell, woke up to find my smoker stalled out overnight and my 3 seven pound pork shoulders have to be tossed out :argh::argh::argh:

This is worse than my morning. :(

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

angryrobots posted:

Mmm, lovely. Hopefully it's something that'll clear up of its own accord soon enough.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tide posted:

Isn't the BP pretty much black Trump? Wakanda is extremely isolationist, has a big gently caress off cloaking shield around it "protecting" it from everyone else and pretty much says "gently caress everyone else" until his country is threatened. It's been years since I read the comics, so I could be wrong.

Nah, he is cool and good and doesnt have poo poo hair.

BraveUlysses posted:

Nooooooooooooooooo

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

Electric smoker time, eh? That's one of the reasons I'm considering one, so i don't have to babysit it.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rhyno posted:

Just got back to the hotel, we walked through the edge of downtown after dark and the homeless are everywhere. And we're told it's unnaturally cold righ now so everyone is suffering. This city is breaking my goddamn heart.

The homeless problem in SD is because the city doesn't or won't do anything about it, and the weather is pretty much perfect year around so somehow they all migrate there from places like where you came from where it's loving cold.

Most of these people are not from SD, so you shouldn't really let it break your heart (other than the homeless issue in general - not specific to SD), they could be homeless in Minnesota or Chicago instead.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've just become a goddamn softy since last year. All human suffering hurts my soul.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I've just become a goddamn softy since last year. All human suffering hurts my soul.

That's fair and cool, just don't pin it on SD, they are there because of the weather.

Edit: And because the city leaves them alone pretty much.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Electric smoker time, eh? That's one of the reasons I'm considering one, so i don't have to babysit it.

nah, i love my big green egg too much to ever get another smoker

i have a fan and controller that will manage the temp but i rarely use it cause the egg is so reliable. in 9 years of eggin this has only happened 3 times.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Locator posted:

That's fair and cool, just don't pin it on SD, they are there because of the weather.

Edit: And because the city leaves them alone pretty much.

Chicago is worse by far, the cops treat them like trash. It's a rough city to visit sometimes.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

The Locator posted:

The homeless problem in SD is because the city doesn't or won't do anything about it, and the weather is pretty much perfect year around so somehow they all migrate there from places like where you came from where it's loving cold.

Most of these people are not from SD, so you shouldn't really let it break your heart (other than the homeless issue in general - not specific to SD), they could be homeless in Minnesota or Chicago instead.

I'd be curious if that is actually true. I hear it everywhere warm with a bit homeless issue, but when they do studies a huge percentage became homeless when living in the general area.

In warm places, they're less likely to use shelters (shelters are often awful and require them to abandon pets and belongings).

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

My buddy got an electric smoker for Christmas and loves it. It may be cheating but it works great; he smoked a shitload of pork butt for our NYE party and it held temp even when it was in the single digits outside.

The pork kicked rear end too and was gone within minutes of being pulled out.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Cheating is for winners.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If you're not cheating you're not trying

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

nm posted:

I'd be curious if that is actually true. I hear it everywhere warm with a bit homeless issue, but when they do studies a huge percentage became homeless when living in the general area.

In warm places, they're less likely to use shelters (shelters are often awful and require them to abandon pets and belongings).

Oh I could be completely wrong, just going off of what a couple friends who live there say. I know we have plenty of homeless here in the Phoenix area, but they mostly tend to live around the area where shelters and soup kitchens/charities are set up to support them in an area near downtown.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
My kid and I played airsoft for the first time today. He's hooked. I'm hooked.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Tide posted:

My kid and I played airsoft for the first time today. He's hooked. I'm hooked.

Make absolutely sure to wear good facemasks and goggles if you like your teeth and eyes.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

InitialDave posted:

Mmm, lovely. Hopefully it's something that'll clear up of its own accord soon enough.

:siren: Update - after many tough sessions this morning and early afternoon, she napped a bit with her mom while I ran to Walmart and braved the post-church crowd to pick up Pedialyte (they have popsicles now) and things.

Woke up, declared herself "all better" and ran outside where I shortly had to holler at her to stop chasing the dogs with a stick.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So if your car is having recall work done (takata air bag) and its going to take more than a day you should get a loaner right? The dealership is telling me they will give me a ride home and then pick me up, I live across town so I'm like gently caress that.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

wallaka posted:

Make absolutely sure to wear good facemasks and goggles if you like your teeth and eyes.

No kidding. That and ear protection. I didnt get popped on the ear, but I bet that would bring tears to my eyes. Hurts thinking about it.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Fingernails too. A little plastic ball hitting your fingernail at 400 fps hurts like a motherfucker.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

So if your car is having recall work done (takata air bag) and its going to take more than a day you should get a loaner right? The dealership is telling me they will give me a ride home and then pick me up, I live across town so I'm like gently caress that.

If recall work takes more than a day then the manufacturer should pick it up, but some dealers are lazy and don't want to do that paperwork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

The Locator posted:

If recall work takes more than a day then the manufacturer should pick it up, but some dealers are lazy and don't want to do that paperwork.

My new Hyundai dealer promised a loaner no matter what (without me
Asking) even on oil changeable which is a bit silly but if it is true (who knows) cool. My new car Toyota dealer is so freaking fantastic I’m sure they would but they even came and picked up my Prius at work for its first scheduled service because “it was raining so bad”. Too bad I had to give that car away to my horrible ex wife.

• Locked thread