Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

surely the normies will come to the defense of the guy that called sandy hook fake and caused a bunch of insane people to harass and threaten the parents of the children killed there

an army of normies notice that two groups that don't like nazis align in criticizing something; note that the thing they are criticizing is probably bad; get some coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

loomer’s on her first or second twitter strike cuz I got a notification about her recent tr****** tweet

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

aww

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

"Going to"

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/sadbukharin/status/969443651515572224

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
:siren::nws:TWITTER :nws::siren:

haha YES trigger the gently caress out of those nazi manchildren

https://twitter.com/QoS_Skylar/status/969581103542620164?s=19

https://twitter.com/christopherw447/status/968158588844650496?s=19

i loving DARE somebody to post this on /pol/

https://twitter.com/QoS_Skylar/status/970098479442755584?s=19

EDIT: Approaching Brokebrain Sockpuppet Twitter

https://twitter.com/Lauren4BBC/status/969644106543747072?s=19

https://twitter.com/Lauren4BBC/status/970035112132964355?s=19

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
That is some odd poo poo.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

why are you posting this?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
please do not post ur dumb fetish poo poo itt

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Holy goddamn username/post combo

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

rudatron posted:

What if nazis getting owned is my fetish?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

MizPiz posted:

What if nazis getting owned is my fetish?

Call me.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lol I clicked one of those & twitter suggested I follow jimmy fallon. no thx

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Rinkles posted:

why are you posting this?

posting uninteresting contextless tweets from complete nobodies is Race Realists gimmick

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Race Realists should really harness his peculiar OCD to better ends. This poo poo he posts is so dull, like some no-name Twitter guy replying to a Mic Dicta host with a boring joke.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
i'm pretty sure it's mostly just his own twitter account he posts

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

rudatron posted:

ok Racist-Meltdown-Goon! :thumbsup:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/metrotimes/status/970314230925848581
The dude Spencer is with in that photo is the lawyer, Kyle Bristow, who just backed out.

quote:

The Nazis and friends had initially intended to kick off what was billed as a "fun and inspirational extravaganza" with a cocktail party tonight at the Carpathia Club in Sterling Heights — also known as metro Detroit's largest German cultural organization. A voice message left at the club's main line this morning was not immediately returned, nor was an email to the club's "web meister." But the Detroit Free Press has since reported that the club canceled the planned visit at the recommendation of Sterling Heights police.

Tomorrow morning, the Nazis appear poised to do brunch at an undetermined location in downtown Royal Oak. Managers or staff at three of the itinerary's suggested eateries — Lily's Seafood, Cafe Muse, and the Royal Oak Tap House — all said they had no big reservations scheduled for Monday morning. The manager at Cafe Muse said he planned to warn the manager on duty tomorrow that Spencer and co. could be coming.

"I don’t imagine that we would feel comfortable having an organization like that at our restaurant just because of our values and it would certainly be against those," says Cafe Muse manager Jacob Hurley.

Next up on the itinerary is a trip to Michigan State University for Richard Spencer's big talk, brought to the campus with help from Bristow, who sued the school after it initially denied Spencer speaking privileges. Spencer will speak from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.

The "extravaganza" was originally planned to round out at Tipsy McStaggers in Warren, where the group had reserved the entire bar for what was to be a six hour-long party equipped with karaoke and a DJ. But the bar manager says he booked the event before knowing anything about the group. He and the bar's general manager have since done some research on Spencer and FMI and have decided to no longer let them in.

"They represented themselves as a social group, fun-loving and they wanted to come in and drink and party and they wanted to use our bar and we were fine with that," says Tipsy McStaggers manager Dave Fotenas. "Come to find out, they’re part of a hate group."

"I'm actually trying to get in touch [with them to say] that they are no longer welcome at our bar and, moreover, our community."

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
dang how infiltrated are they, constantly getting theie spot blown.

didn't they have to hold their big yearly conference in a farmers barn last year or was that some other group

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah that was them in the barn.

Noteworthy to me is that they picked a German-American club. As someone who got (harmlessly) teased by the other white kids growing up for my ridiculously Teutonic surname (no doxx plz), the interaction of white-power movements and German-American groups is interesting to me. My guess is that they just approached the club under false pretenses like they usually do. But a lot of white-power clubs and such will meet in German restaurants.

I was reading through old FBI files released ages ago about the German-American Bund. Like, long lists of members the FBI had collected, mainly, and their locations, newspaper clippings, etc. Didn't spot any ancestors but the Bund was primarily organized in New York, New Jersey and Los Angeles, where fresh-off-the-boat German immigrants were concentrated. The older German-American areas in the Midwest and parts of Texas were less receptive, although the Bund made a few inroads here and there. There was one town near Austin called Taylor that was effectively taken over by the Bund, and the local newspaper was pro-Nazi.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Yeah that was them in the barn.

Noteworthy to me is that they picked a German-American club. As someone who got (harmlessly) teased by the other white kids growing up for my ridiculously Teutonic surname (no doxx plz), the interaction of white-power movements and German-American groups is interesting to me. My guess is that they just approached the club under false pretenses like they usually do. But a lot of white-power clubs and such will meet in German restaurants.

Almost want to say they're trying to cargo-cult their way to another Beer Hall Putsch.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Data Graham posted:

Almost want to say they're trying to cargo-cult their way to another Beer Hall Putsch.

The original Munich Putsch was a gigantic shitshow of poor planning, floundering, and mismanagement, and as such I doubt these jokers are even up to that level of incompetence.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Data Graham posted:

German-American restaurants are weird. Y'all know what I mean? The owners are often German immigrants themselves but they often go full German.

Like, Heino blasting from the P.A. system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sJxxikKk8Q

It's a ... volksy ... good time. I guess they're attracted to that aspect of it.

There was one restaurant here that used to have an autographed portrait of Adolf Galland on the wall. But Galland toured the United States after the war and met with his former enemies, which 'rehabilitated' him. It wasn't there last time I was around though. Also I know a German lady in her 80s who grew up in a bomb shelter and is super left-wing by American standards, and moved to America to marry a Mexican guy, and thinks that the restaurant's cooking is poo poo lmao

She owns actually

An African-American unit liberated her town (which the Air Force had bombed flat). She said the soldiers were quite nice. She also got confused later when she ran into white Americans because she assumed all Americans were black for years afterwards.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 19:19 on Mar 4, 2018

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/metrotimes/status/970314230925848581
The dude Spencer is with in that photo is the lawyer, Kyle Bristow, who just backed out.

"trying to get in touch with them" lmao I hope they show up for the after party and they're barred from entering and swarmed by protesters

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
hopefully his michigan uni speech goes as well as the one in florida where he was basically crying because everyone mocked him the entire time

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Is there any necessary connection between being deep into conspiracy theory and the Alt right?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Nebakenezzer posted:

Is there any necessary connection between being deep into conspiracy theory and the Alt right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkSV4xyKkds

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/nathantbernard/status/970371559041961984

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i love how they all want to destroy each other. just like the OG nazis.

Visidan posted:

dang how infiltrated are they, constantly getting theie spot blown.

didn't they have to hold their big yearly conference in a farmers barn last year or was that some other group

its probably(hopefully) not that hard to infaltrait them. just say the right poo poo to the right people and lie about how racists you are. these dudes arnt exactly smart to begin with.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

it's probably not hard to infiltrate them, but probably the "sources" for these things are other prominent right wingers who have become desperate and crazy because they haven't had a puff piece written about them recently

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
*film crews from The Atlantic, New York Times and Vice sitting around in a hotel lobby in Detroit*

"Well, gently caress, where are we going to eat dinner now???"

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

He makes a good point, thanks

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i love how they all want to destroy each other. just like the OG nazis.

It's true. Read about the top tier Nazis, and you always hear stories about how this one despised that one, and were constantly loving other Nazis over to improve their position. Because Hitler had the cult of personality going, I think the sheer destructiveness of it might have been tapped down a bit, simply because the top slot in the hierarchy was indisputable.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The older German-American areas in the Midwest and parts of Texas were less receptive, although the Bund made a few inroads here and there. There was one town near Austin called Taylor that was effectively taken over by the Bund, and the local newspaper was pro-Nazi.

Most of the Texas Germans immigrated here immediately after 1848 revolutions and consisted of liberal radicals fleeing the reaction (Karl Marx almost moved here lol). For a very long time they were by far the most leftwing force in Texan politics, being the most anti-Slavery, Unionist, then being extremely Republican (when that was radical in TX), and then being the center of the Populist Party and Progressivism in Texas, and being the one of the initial electoral bases of LBJ etc. Not surprising the Bund didn't have a ton of luck. Of course that's changed in the last 30 or so years and the Hill Country voted firmly for Trump.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Most of the Texas Germans immigrated here immediately after 1848 revolutions and consisted of liberal radicals fleeing the reaction (Karl Marx almost moved here lol). For a very long time they were by far the most leftwing force in Texan politics, being the most anti-Slavery, Unionist, then being extremely Republican (when that was radical in TX), and then being the center of the Populist Party and Progressivism in Texas, and being the one of the initial electoral bases of LBJ etc. Not surprising the Bund didn't have a ton of luck. Of course that's changed in the last 30 or so years and the Hill Country voted firmly for Trump.

the german-americans in the hill country have basically been voting for republicans since they got here, which is weird when you consider why they started voting for them in 1856 vs. why they keep voting for them in 2016

the republicans have won gillespie county in every election since 1896 by a landslide except 1912, 1924, 1932, and 1964 (LBJ was from there)

e: kendall county is the same, but they didn't even vote for lbj in 64

Badger of Basra has issued a correction as of 20:50 on Mar 4, 2018

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Ditto. I'd also mention Edgar von Westphalen, Marx's brother-in-law and another early communist, immigrated to Texas.

Nebakenezzer posted:

To answer your question more directly, yes, which is why I think so many conspiracy theorists can easily "activate" into neo-Nazism. Just substitute aliens, illuminati pyramid people or reptiles for Jews. I think someone has pointed out that David Icke's reptilian theory is basically the Protocols of the Elders of Zion but with reptile aliens from planet X substituted for the Jews.

Moishe Postone, a Marxist historian/philosopher type in Chicago, coined a term: "structural anti-Semitism" to describe this stuff. Postone is really, really smart and good and owns but he's pretty dry to read. But one of his ideas is that anti-Semitism is often a redirected form of anti-capitalism. As in anti-Semitism offers an explanation for why capitalism has gone off the rails, by substituting Jews for capitalism. Jews are "rootless" cosmopolitans who are not tied down to any state, etc. (Though the state of Israel has slightly complicated that narrative, but not by much.) They're conflated with finance capitalism (especially after financial crises) as opposed to good ol' "producerist" capitalism represented by industries that make "real" things as opposed to merely making money from money. National industries vs. international industries.

It's different from other forms of racism since anti-Semitism provides a conspiracy theory-like explanation for why the world is messed up. You don't see anti-black racism being articulated in this way, although blacks will often be presented as pawns of the Jews. So the Nazi answer to deal with the problems of the modern world is to deal with the Jews ... and keep the capitalism. So like the Nazis, for example, believed themselves to be in a war against the Jews. Nazi propaganda internally referred to the war as "Der Judische Krieg" or the Jewish War. And that partly explains why the Nazis were redirecting resources that could be spent on the war effort into killing Jews all the way into 1945.

But yeah it's loving crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3tUeR6dSTk

tldr:

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 21:17 on Mar 4, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

The Alt-Right: Never Touch a White Dick

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Nebakenezzer posted:

It's true. Read about the top tier Nazis, and you always hear stories about how this one despised that one, and were constantly loving other Nazis over to improve their position. Because Hitler had the cult of personality going, I think the sheer destructiveness of it might have been tapped down a bit, simply because the top slot in the hierarchy was indisputable.

yeah. i took a few classes on nazis. they are facinating broken fucks. like goring was a opportunistic fuckhead who basicaly hosed his own air force because they wanted to build bombers that were 4 engine types but hitler and herman both wanted it to dive bomb too plus a bunch of other poo poo. so basically the top two or three Luftwaffe dudes killed themselves from stress and/or forced into it from goring. meanwhile he is like 350 lbs and sucking down morphine with his pet lion while ploting to gently caress up Himmler.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. i took a few classes on nazis. they are facinating broken fucks. like goring was a opportunistic fuckhead who basicaly hosed his own air force because they wanted to build bombers that were 4 engine types but hitler and herman both wanted it to dive bomb too plus a bunch of other poo poo. so basically the top two or three Luftwaffe dudes killed themselves from stress and/or forced into it from goring. meanwhile he is like 350 lbs and sucking down morphine with his pet lion while ploting to gently caress up Himmler.

Strategic bombers would've been a waste of resources anyway. Goering and Hitler's divebombing fetish went wrong because they insisted every fighter had to be a fighter bomber. Like, they insisted that the Me-262 had to be able to carry bombs when it was a jet-propelled air superiority fighter.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
youtube deleted ryan dawsons channel

apparently he was a holocaust denier and RT pundit with thousands of videos, never heard of him but cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

thank u our silicon valley capitalist overlords for making GBS threads on the nazis a bit