Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I said modern feminsim is left libertarian and needs to focus on the collective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Peccadillo posted:

You're made kind of a weird dumbass, help the kid out with her homework

?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Feminism is ruining gaming.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
That doesn't mean you cant empathise with their plight.

Well presuming you don't lack empathy .

I mean you might be Bill Shorten after all.

Jury's still out.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I empathise I don't share their experience. That's what I said you loving halfwit.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

True. Lucky we have the incredible game Kingdom Cum Delivery to balance the scales.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

True. Lucky we have the incredible Tea Towell Cum Ponchos to balance the scales.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'd play the poo poo out an Inglorious Basterds inspired game from the perspective of a Zulu fighter against the poms.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Thanks goons

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Maybe it's gaming that's ruining feminism.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Actually, it's about ethics in online surveying

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Oh ok.

Just to ignite the worst state conversation again. Let's build some rail into heavily used choke points for the reason of shuttling the workers into the second airport. St Mary's and Campbeltown, like what the actual gently caress?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

JBP posted:

I don't think that's idiotic. I don't share lived perspective or experience with women.

The best way I've heard it put and the approach I now have is that I won't presume to speak on behalf of feminists but I would hope the women I know would describe me as one.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
AEROTROPOLIS

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

You'll suck down those exhaust fumes and you'll be grateful for the sustenance.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

JBP posted:

I don't think that's idiotic. I don't share lived perspective or experience with women.

feminism is different from being a woman. hopefully this clears things up for you

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010

Dimebag posted:

Oh ok.

Just to ignite the worst state conversation again. Let's build some rail into heavily used choke points for the reason of shuttling the workers into the second airport. St Mary's and Campbeltown, like what the actual gently caress?

The Badgerys rail line will likely be an extension from the current Leppington station. The connection to St Marys I’ve never seen discussed but would likely form part of that Leppington extension and any connection to Campbelltown would likely be via the creation of a new triangle near Glenfield. The actual impacts of train running *should* be minimal for both Campbelltown and St Marys given projects already running for the heavy rail network.

*Edit* The other option is that the triangle doesn’t happen and instead a line is build through Oran Park and Smeaton Grange towards Campbelltown. That would require tunnelling though but creates added benefit by removing some of the load taken by other stations in the area.

Pinball Jizzard fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Mar 4, 2018

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Urcher posted:

Wordcloud for February

Spill party

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Newspoll tonight.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Senor Tron posted:

The best way I've heard it put and the approach I now have is that I won't presume to speak on behalf of feminists but I would hope the women I know would describe me as one.

I immediately turn supine and shout "ALL WOMEN ARE DOCTORS" until a girl gently coaxes me out of this state

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
You do realise that targeting auspol goons is going to seriously distort the data set. (ie) very few right wing authoritarian poo poo smears will be sampled :wave: craig

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

What number will this be?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Teddybear posted:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Dimebag posted:

Oh ok.

This was flagged last year in the Greater Sydney Commission* plan. The idea of a north-south line is sound, and Sydney needs more links on a north-south axis outside of the CBD.

That new metro line though is fibre-to-the-node for public transport. It’s slated to stop at Marsden Park, some 13kms from Richmond where the existing heavy rail terminus and RAAF/horses are.

I wrote a thing about the plan, the parts about anywhere west of Parramatta read like they were written by people who have never been there.

*the worst GSC

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/salim-mehajer-silverwater-prison-princess/

quote:

Salim Mehajer is currently behind bars in Silverwater Correctional Centre, where he has been for more than a month, as he awaits trial on charges of perverting the course of justice and conspiracy to cheat and defraud.
Per a report in the Sydney Morning Herald, however, he seems to be having a tough time, with fellow inmates mocking him for being “high maintenance”, and reportedly placing a note reading “princess” above his cell door.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

Teddybear posted:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Birdstrike posted:

This was flagged last year in the Greater Sydney Commission* plan. The idea of a north-south line is sound, and Sydney needs more links on a north-south axis outside of the CBD.

That new metro line though is fibre-to-the-node for public transport. It’s slated to stop at Marsden Park, some 13kms from Richmond where the existing heavy rail terminus and RAAF/horses are.

I wrote a thing about the plan, the parts about anywhere west of Parramatta read like they were written by people who have never been there.

*the worst GSC

A good read.

Not for the first time, I'm glad to have moved from Western Sydney to Brisbane.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Pinball Jizzard posted:

*Edit* The other option is that the triangle doesn’t happen and instead a line is build through Oran Park and Smeaton Grange towards Campbelltown. That would require tunnelling though but creates added benefit by removing some of the load taken by other stations in the area.

But the tunnelling creates just another example of how little this infrastructure build has been thought through, ~10 years ago 90 % of that area used to be farm land and was turned into housing developments. So instead of having to maybe build track but tunnel under Narellen they now have to pay to tunnel under the developments that were re zoned from farmland. It all costs money and more money due to lack of planning for the future. All of this land was sold off whilst Bagerys Creek was still the planned location for the second airport.

What work is being done to easy congestion on the western line? The same amount of services are running as always not accounting for the population boom in that area, how is adding more passengers onto that line going to help given they have no room for expansion and the the track is super close to capacity?

Editing as I just saw Birstrikes comment: the link from North-South Western Sydney has been needed for many years but as above my issue is that they have sold off so much of the land around and it's been populated for sonlong that any expansion of the rail is now open to NIMBYS and also the cost that goes along with that.

I'm just annoyed at the lack of future planning more than anything.

Dimebag fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Mar 4, 2018

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/samanthamaiden/status/969918965211213824

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010

Dimebag posted:

But the tunnelling creates just another example of how little this infrastructure build has been thought through, ~10 years ago 90 % of that area used to be farm land and was turned into housing developments. So instead of having to maybe build track but tunnel under Narellen they now have to pay to tunnel under the developments that were re zoned from farmland. It all costs money and more money due to lack of planning for the future. All of this land was sold off whilst Bagerys Creek was still the planned location for the second airport.

What work is being done to easy congestion on the western line? The same amount of services are running as always not accounting for the population boom in that area, how is adding more passengers onto that line going to help given they have no room for expansion and the the track is super close to capacity?

Editing as I just saw Birstrikes comment: the link from North-South Western Sydney has been needed for many years but as above my issue is that they have sold off so much of the land around and it's been populated for sonlong that any expansion of the rail is now open to NIMBYS and also the cost that goes along with that.

I'm just annoyed at the lack of future planning more than anything.

Technically the West is being decongested by Sydney Metro City and Southwest followed by Sydney Metro West. I understand that the Bankstown line will be Brownfield (removing existing services), but the turn up and go setup with sub-10 minute headway’s will go a long way to reducing congestion.

In terms of future planning, consider this. Most rail projects are planned 10+ years in advance. Smeaton Grange, Oran Park and the other South-West expansions were planned and built with a new rail line in mind; the delay comes mainly from NSW government hard-balling federal for funding based upon the airport. Tunnelling is the “in-thing” for infrastructure just now. It’s front line cost is expensive, but it pays itself back over time in terms of the benefits it provides; especially in the rail space.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/970246390939926529
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/970246144788807680

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/970246144788807680

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

For Sydney transport chat Michael West has had some good pieces recently on Westconnex and the future of tolls in Sydney.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/970246390939926529

https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/970246899847479297

:sad:

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Mar 4, 2018

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Mystery hacker strikes again.

https://twitter.com/auspolwatch/status/970217030921146368

https://twitter.com/Bootheels33/status/969927571772121093

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Slut shaming your Baby Mama in the Sydney Morning Herald.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/ghostwhovotes/status/970246899847479297?s=21

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

drat I saw the first tweet and your text and assumed Dutton liked a foot fetish tweet lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Bet Turnbull wishes he could dispute the paternity of those polls

• Locked thread