Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

prefect posted:

I say props to Jonah for not driving an SUV. :thumbsup:
He's driving an early 90s Lincoln Town Car which gets roughly the same gas mileage.

But it gets that mileage in comfort and style :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Teenage Fansub posted:

Doom Patrol/JLA Special (Milk Wars #4)

And it continued, 1000 years into the future!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Look how happy he is to have her playing with his balls.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
From Optimus Prime: The Annual, wannabe screenwriter and auteur Thundercracker has been given an unlimited budget to make a movie about the life and times of former leader of Cybertron Starscream, so recruits lookalike Acid Storm to play the title character, including painting Acid Storm to look like Starscream. Thundercracker decides that Acid Storm's performance isn't up to scratch and will play Starscream himself...

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

From Optimus Prime: The Annual, wannabe screenwriter and auteur Thundercracker has been given an unlimited budget to make a movie about the life and times of former leader of Cybertron Starscream, so recruits lookalike Acid Storm to play the title character, including painting Acid Storm to look like Starscream. Thundercracker decides that Acid Storm's performance isn't up to scratch and will play Starscream himself...

Skywarp "Niles" Crane: Thundercracker, knowing your Orson Wells complex, by the end of the week you will not only be writing this production, but directing and staring as the lead.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I didn't know I needed this, but I do.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Thundercracker also wrote a children's Christmas story and well...

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

In the Japanese version of this comic, Jameson says "My God! You webbed menace!"

This is a very good joke that deserves more love. Well played, Question.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

ecavalli posted:

I can read some Japanese and I read that issue (in English) but I do not get this joke.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Argue posted:

I can read some Japanese and I read that issue (in English) but I do not get this joke.

It's an esoteric reference to Street Fighter 2 and the disparate cultural norms present in the United States and Japan circa 1991.

And now you've made me ruin it with an explanation.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Pretty sure it originated in Final Fight
:goonsay:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ecavalli posted:

It's an esoteric reference to Street Fighter 2 and the disparate cultural norms present in the United States and Japan circa 1991.

And now you've made me ruin it with an explanation.

I just assumed it was a J. Jonah Jameson = Joseph Joestar joke.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

ecavalli posted:

It doesn't matter if only two or three people get the joke, I feel like my work in done.

Argue posted:

As others have said it's an obscure reference to Final Fight (and Street Fighter 2.)
Those games had a bonus round where you had to smash up a car. If you did so the owner came out.
In the Japanese version of the game he says "Oh! My God!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nHzkPSQbxc

While in the US version due to censorship, he says "Oh! My car!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-_gpw9ho7Y

This is clearly hilarious. Less so after explanation, but now you know so you can get some of the joke.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Toshimo posted:

Well, his super power is getting pictures of a menace.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Lest we forget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKSEL37GsJE&t=39s

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I know Thundercracker's the guy I'd pick to write my biopic.

Transformers: Robots In Disguise #28

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Toshimo posted:

This was my assumption as well.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I hope to one day be as handsome as an F-22 jet fighter.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Well, his super power is getting pictures of a menace.

Maybe Jonah should try smashing more Polaroid cameras

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
All-New Wolverine #31 is a glorious Honey Badger, Jonathan and Deadpool team-up one-off:

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Metalshark posted:

All-New Wolverine #31 is a glorious Honey Badger, Jonathan and Deadpool team-up one-off:

I had to do a web search to figure out what the heck that animal was supposed to be. An otter? A giant ferret? Nope, it's a wolverine. Kind of makes me sorry that I'm not reading All-New Wolverine now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Servoret posted:

I had to do a web search to figure out what the heck that animal was supposed to be. An otter? A giant ferret? Nope, it's a wolverine. Kind of makes me sorry that I'm not reading All-New Wolverine now.

Jonathan the actual wolverine was a housewarming gift from Squirrel Girl, because she assumed Wolverine could talk to wolverines.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Jonathan the actual wolverine was a housewarming gift from Squirrel Girl, because she assumed Wolverine could talk to wolverines.

I see no fault in this line of thinking.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think there should be a Spiders-Man, who that's all he does, is he can talk to spiders.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Phy posted:

I think there should be a Spiders-Man, who that's all he does, is he can talk to spiders.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

In Venture Bros there was a Spiderman-a-like who more realistically shot webs from his "thorax." He had webs firing out of his butt, basically.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's a Spiders-Man in Earth X whose deal I don't really remember other than that he looked like Spider-Man which is extremely creepy.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Seventh Arrow posted:

In Venture Bros there was a Spiderman-a-like who more realistically shot webs from his "thorax." He had webs firing out of his butt, basically.

I remember reading the closest thing a human has to spinnerets were their nipples. So keep that image in mind.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Push El Burrito posted:

I remember reading the closest thing a human has to spinnerets were their nipples. So keep that image in mind.

They genetically engineered goats to produce spider silk out of their udders.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Endless Mike posted:

There's a Spiders-Man in Earth X whose deal I don't really remember other than that he looked like Spider-Man which is extremely creepy.

he would project psychic webs that made your reality look like whatever you wished, usually putting you in a euphoric (read: helpless) state. And yes, he looked like a lizard disguised as spider-man.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Skwirl posted:

They genetically engineered goats to produce spider silk out of their udders.

The Amazing Goatman

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Byzantine posted:

The Amazing Goat-man

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

MasterBuilder posted:

The Amazing Goat-man

Has a nice ring to it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Push El Burrito posted:

Has a nice ring to it.

:vince:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Rhyno posted:

I see no fault in this line of thinking.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Hold up. Is that a child whose not a baby looking recognizably like a child whose not a baby or a midget?

Who is this miracle artist?

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Push El Burrito posted:

Has a nice ring to it.

Bit of a stretch don't you think.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

good day for a bris posted:

Hold up. Is that a child whose not a baby looking recognizably like a child whose not a baby or a midget?

Who is this miracle artist?

Marcio Takara. Sadly, he only did a few issues on ANW a good while back, which is a shame because he rules but Marvel seemed to only use him as a fill-in artist and he's at DC now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

All New Wolverine has been pretty good about having artists draw Gabby like an actual tween instead of an adult midget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Skwirl posted:

All New Wolverine has been pretty good about having artists draw Gabby like an actual tween instead of an adult midget.

Been catching up on Ms Marvel and most artists get her well as a teen, but so many get her nose wrong and it bothers me. It feels like they're trying to cute her up.