Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I went thru the WoWP's clan info page for 2.0 and our rooster that's only valid up to 1.9. 76 of our 98 players have never played a game in 1.9 or 2.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Secret Confessions of a Stat Badder - Another Day at the Office

Mr fochninja was talking about 'salty tears' at the spawn because someone bitched about match maker. Glad I could share this character building experience with him.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

:golfclap:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

u mother gently caress might wana watch who and what the gently caress u say

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

ROFLburger posted:

The WZ-120 loving owns

It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, and it turns out that I was dead wrong about this. WZ-120 is a real stinker

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ROFLburger posted:

It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, and it turns out that I was dead wrong about this. WZ-120 is a real stinker

The WZ-120 was fine when I played it, what are your problems with it? Are you aiming? Don't aim.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Ignore him, hes bad and also spoiled by the 430.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

The aim time paired with the gun depression make it really difficult to play on maps like sand river or really any map that isn't some kind of Stalingrad wrestlemania thunderdome . And even then, your DPM is lower than every other tank in your class. You have to sacrifice all of these stats for 50 more alpha? It seems to me to be one of the worst tier 9 mediums but hey I'm not a great player

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Are you aiming? Don't aim.

it's wonderful how well this works in the M4 Ravioli. I love it!

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

A Handed Missus posted:

it's wonderful how well this works in the M4 Ravioli. I love it!

Completely agree. I've put more fully aimed shots in that tank in the ground than anything else.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

M4 Ravioli is actually just called the "Rav 4" now. Please adopt this nomenclature.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

One of those moments of "my team" not actually being on my team, which made a nice change and an ideal moment to farm credits. Look at these absolute stars of higher-tier gameplay:

Both rolling around in a T-34-3 each, and doing absolute diddly-poo poo to help themselves.

But then of course it was almost immediately offset by ending up allied with this absolute turd of a player at top tier, complete with the sort of performance that would give our own Cartoon a run for his money in getting the worst WR possible:

Literally just drove straight into three enemy heavies as fast as his KV-85 would let him and got no shots off at all.

BadLlama posted:

M4 Ravioli is actually just called the "Rav 4" now. Please adopt this nomenclature.

No. It will always be the Ravioli.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

But then of course it was almost immediately offset by ending up allied with this absolute turd of a player at top tier, complete with the sort of performance that would give our own Cartoon a run for his money in getting the worst WR possible:

Literally just drove straight into three enemy heavies as fast as his KV-85 would let him and got no shots off at all.

One Ace Tanker in 47,000+ battles. Is this a particularly lovely bot?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

YellerBill posted:

One Ace Tanker in 47,000+ battles. Is this a particularly lovely bot?

it's a real old account and there's a few top guns and stuff there, so i'm guessing a human played it once but basically only bots these days

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Dude, lay off. This player may have a winrate lower than the poster specifically trying to lose, and across 47000 games no less, but I'm sure they can't help it. After all, they're over six hundred years old.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hellsau posted:

The WZ-120 was fine when I played it, what are your problems with it? Are you aiming? Don't aim.

Aiming reduces dpm.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Full penned a mauschen with 183mm HESH and set him on fire (he had an autoextinguisher though)

Feels good man

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
The WZ-132 is a glorious tank and you're wrong if you don't like it. The WZ-132 seems to be more of the same so far, really fun to play.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The changes to Pilsen actually look quite good.

The new version of Province will be shite though. Can already tell.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

I was at DFW sitting through a delay and just generally pissed off so I figured I'd share my misery with WOT pubbies by playing some arty. Got my first bombardiers by blowing up two arty in a single shot. Felt so loving good.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I was having a reasonable game when I realised my team were once again about to throw away a victory by rushing forward like idiots and getting killed and I just decided that no, I was not going to lose this.

The Mod 1 agreed and engaged pure bullshit mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI-zu9345aQ

I imagine that IS-6 player was quite upset after this.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Sometimes this game does have its highlights.

Mountain Pass, early on in the session; three-man 'tooning around at Tier VIII for credit grinding in premiums, with two of us in the 112 with and third in the FCM 50t as support, when we run into a platoon of three IS-6 players. Obviously we hold them up, then cripple and destroy them, because the IS-6 has been left in the dark with all the powercreep and can't even hope to contend in a corridor brawl with a pair of 112's, never mind the 50t further back able to effortlessly crap through their armour when they attempt a shot.

Two hours later we're bored/sick/hosed off with all this dogshit MM putting us in 3/5/7 as part of the 7 while actually grinding tanks, so we go clowning around in a trio of Sentinels (thanks, Christmas). Lo and behold, Highway happens and we meet the same loving platoon from earlier on; they had the same idea and they're out for some easy games in their Valentine II brigade. Except they're still poo poo at the game anyway and get rubbed out within moments of encountering us again. I loving cried laughing post-game when I checked their records and recognised them as the same spuds from earlier.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Preferential MM
Preferential MM will continue to slowly be phased out, even with vehicles that already have it. The first planned vehicle will be KV-5. The nature of those changes aren’t worked out yet. Though there will likely be the option for gold compensation or the rebalanced vehicle.
On that note, these plans exist only for Tier 8 premium tanks. Lower (and less expensive) tiers will likely have something different happen to them.

fuuuuucckkkk youu

they just really want tier 8 to be entirely unplayable don't they?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

DonkeyHotay posted:

Preferential MM
Preferential MM will continue to slowly be phased out, even with vehicles that already have it. The first planned vehicle will be KV-5. The nature of those changes aren’t worked out yet. Though there will likely be the option for gold compensation or the rebalanced vehicle.
On that note, these plans exist only for Tier 8 premium tanks. Lower (and less expensive) tiers will likely have something different happen to them.

fuuuuucckkkk youu

they just really want tier 8 to be entirely unplayable don't they?

I hope they buff the armor on the m6a2e1 when they take out of pref mm. :getin:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

2Jets posted:

That looks a lot like reverse preferential matchmaking and I doubt it would go over well. I paid for a tier 8 that won't see tier 10s and now I have a tier 7 that can't see tier 5s.

It will be interesting to see how they solve this mess.

Cartoons 44% winrate is pretty good, but if you think about it that's like a 56% lossrate. I think he should focus on the meta more. Play heavy tanks and encourage his team to TK eachother. A couple AFK accounts to platoon with would help a lot too.

But you can't complain about a former-pref-8-now-reverse-pref-7 not seeing tier 5s because the thing you originally purchased never saw tanks as low as tier 5 in the first place. If the thing you bought works exactly the same despite having a 7 next to its tier rather than an 8 then you have nothing material to bitch about. It'd be like complaining that they've been giving tanks high-res models when you want the original low-res one you paid for. :colbert:

I, too, think that Cartoon's statbadding account has too high a winrate. I think he lost sight of the goal and couldn't help himself by carrying some battles.

Hellsau posted:

They didn't have to give refunds for pref 5s when they stopped seeing tier 3s.

This is a particularly good point, and I think it gets around the "nerfing RMT content" by not technically applying to the purchased content directly.

BadLlama posted:

Why does the AMX M4 54 chode gun have such a terrible HE round? Also a terrible premium round? I like blapping people with 560 alpha but either give it a little better premium ammo or a better HE round so I can at least HE skoprs and waffles for massive damage.

This was always the issue with the new French HTs, their hosed-up guns.

Cartoon posted:

Secret Confessions of a Stat Badder - It's not easy being Green Red

The Statbadder giveth and the Statbadder taketh away. Blessed be thy Statbadder. NOOB!!!!!

This is some quite excellent trolling, and I remember that last guy (Follo_me) from somewhere.... :thunk:

RandomPauI posted:

Would anyone take offense if I boot out any WoWP player from WoT that hasn't played many or any battles? Excluding people who've played recently of course.

Edit: I've noticed a problem, the clan page only records battles up to 1.9, so even if someones been playing since there'd be no easy way for me to know. Thanks Wargaming!

Aren't you the Commander now? It's your clan, do whatever you think is appropriate!

BadLlama posted:

Is clan space in WoWP even an issue?

Doesn't Pansy only have like 75 gay-bois right now?

This is pretty much the case in WoT as well; I ejected a few dozen players who hadn't played in more than a few months to give me some breathing room, so we were at 69 (heh) for quite a while.

BadLlama posted:

This is an excellent name, will use it from now on! :neckbeard:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Atomizer posted:

But you can't complain about a former-pref-8-now-reverse-pref-7 not seeing tier 5s because the thing you originally purchased never saw tanks as low as tier 5 in the first place. If the thing you bought works exactly the same despite having a 7 next to its tier rather than an 8 then you have nothing material to bitch about. It'd be like complaining that they've been giving tanks high-res models when you want the original low-res one you paid for. :colbert:

I, too, think that Cartoon's statbadding account has too high a winrate. I think he lost sight of the goal and couldn't help himself by carrying some battles.

This is a particularly good point, and I think it gets around the "nerfing RMT content" by not technically applying to the purchased content directly.

This was always the issue with the new French HTs, their hosed-up guns.

This is some quite excellent trolling, and I remember that last guy (Follo_me) from somewhere.... :thunk:

Aren't you the Commander now? It's your clan, do whatever you think is appropriate!

This is pretty much the case in WoT as well; I ejected a few dozen players who hadn't played in more than a few months to give me some breathing room, so we were at 69 (heh) for quite a while.

This is an excellent name, will use it from now on! :neckbeard:

Actually, I can complain. Tier7 premiums don't make as much credits as a tier8. If they drop a tier, their original incomes have to match their old tier8 selves.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Atomizer posted:

But

quote:

I really do try but until I can get into tanks that can effect the outcome most times 3/5/7 matchmaking can mean it is hard for me to turn ~every~ battle. I fell into a trap with the Stug and to a lesser degree with the Hummel where they really don't effect the outcome most times and so you are at the mercy of pubbies (for better or worse).

However I did carry a couple of games 'by accident' just to spite someone on the enemy team. Giving them a face full of HE and blowing them up was much more fun than the long term goal of losing, sorry :ohdear:

None the less my trolling game is strong AND I got hour banned on one of my try hard accounts for retaliating with a full clip against a TKer. So all in all tanks is holding my attention.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

How

loving hard to I have to carry?!?

:bang:

JuffoWup posted:

Actually, I can complain. Tier7 premiums don't make as much credits as a tier8. If they drop a tier, their original incomes have to match their old tier8 selves.

I made no comments about changing the credit earning or crew training parameters of such tanks.

Cartoon posted:

But

I really do try but until I can get into tanks that can effect the outcome most times 3/5/7 matchmaking can mean it is hard for me to turn ~every~ battle. I fell into a trap with the Stug and to a lesser degree with the Hummel where they really don't effect the outcome most times and so you are at the mercy of pubbies (for better or worse).

However I did carry a couple of games 'by accident' just to spite someone on the enemy team. Giving them a face full of HE and blowing them up was much more fun than the long term goal of losing, sorry :ohdear:

None the less my trolling game is strong AND I got hour banned on one of my try hard accounts for retaliating with a full clip against a TKer. So all in all tanks is holding my attention.

Well what I'm getting at is that there are genuine shitters who've stumbled their way to worse WRs than intentional statbadding. Truly, :iiam:.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Atomizer posted:

How

loving hard to I have to carry?!?

:bang:

Cute.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4206849?secret=fff2427dac37df62076b14ff85396fb3

5800 damage loss

In retrospect I know a couple places I could have done something differently (I autoaimed the Shwarzpanzer so I could keep an eye out around me better, but that led to me bouncing off his turret, and I probably could have swung north in the middle without getting spotted by the Shwarzpanzer instead of running straight into the T28, but I didn't feel that was safe at the time) but it never would have come to that if not for the Defender cliff-diving.

Steelion fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Mar 4, 2018

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Atomizer posted:

I'm an executive officer, and I wanted to give people in here one last chance in case they hung out in WoT thread but not WoWP thread.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Steelion posted:

Cute.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4206849#overlord-steelion-udes_03

5800 damage loss

In retrospect I know a couple places I could have done something differently (I autoaimed the Shwarzpanzer so I could keep an eye out around me better, but that led to me bouncing off his turret, and I probably could have swung north in the middle without getting spotted by the Shwarzpanzer instead of running straight into the T28, but I didn't feel that was safe at the time) but it never would have come to that if not for the Defender cliff-diving.

Error 404, Replay Not Found.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Try now (http://wotreplays.eu/site/4206849?secret=fff2427dac37df62076b14ff85396fb3)

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Just in case anyone is under the delusion that WG understands their game, they currently believe the 268v4 is doing ok, but may need a buff

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

reminder that they thought the WTE100 was underpowered and needed a buff when it still had 6 rounds in the 128mm...

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i wonder how their 48%er bots would have performed in the waffle

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

These changes sound loving bizarre and so bad. The tanks that have preferential treatment really need it for the most part. And I'm afraid that the gold ammo "price adjustment" isn't exactly going to be a massive cost increase, which will just make the gold spam so much worse.

And here I was, almost excited to check the game out at 1.0.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

literally every change wargaming has made has the effect of making the game worse for players

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Darkrenown posted:

Just in case anyone is under the delusion that WG understands their game, they currently believe the 268v4 is doing ok, but may need a buff

I think you'll find its because tanks can pen the Obj 268 in the side, clearly it needs 220mm side armour too.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

They want players to know what perks the enemy has...just by seeing the stat changes they provide?

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

They want players to know what perks the enemy has...just by seeing the stat changes they provide?

:thunk:

That's almost certainly a mistranslation, or else that answer was provided by someone who has literally never played a video game before.