Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah i saw some streamer using that and it really stands out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

But I thought making things brighter and easier to spot was just a cosmetic preference? :confused:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Man, Bluehole is even more incompetent than I thought

quote:

PUBG's Chinese region Principal 金秀焕 (Suhwan Kim)'s Chinese ex-girlfriend SiSi Ning said in her weibo post, saying that Kim was punished by Bluehole for collaborating with hacker streamer in China, bribery and selling classified information to hack developer.

So basically its probable that the encryption keys for the game files were leaked directly from the company :lol:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I wish I could play this singleplayer and just spend 4 hours looting the entire map. Other players are just an obstacle to get to my loot.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

drunken officeparty posted:

I wish I could play this singleplayer and just spend 4 hours looting the entire map. Other players are just an obstacle to get to my loot.

Same. I love my loot simulator runs.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Party Plane Jones posted:

Man, Bluehole is even more incompetent than I thought

So basically its probable that the encryption keys for the game files were leaked directly from the company :lol:

What do you have against Chinese culture? Are you racist?

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

It seems shady as gently caress to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRBO51jFH2E

I would probably find it more useful than many, seeing as I am colour blind, but this is an unfair advantage, so I'm not touching it. I'm assuming they are going to patch it out or at least change the brightness.

It definitely is an unfair advantage

so I figure I'll keep using it until Bluehole says something or changes it.

Xenix
Feb 21, 2003

drunken officeparty posted:

The game you're looking for is Escape from Tarkov in offline mode

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

does anyone else get affected by "air currents" when parachuting? I've no idea if they're an actual thing but occasionally I just get pulled wildly off course for seemingly no reason. Really frustrating when you're trying to land on a roof.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

parachuting seemed way worse when i came back to the game (played prior to "release" and came back about a month after). i avoid buildings completely now because of how often i'd take damage falling when before i could land anywhere i wanted.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
If a building roof has poo poo on it you're best off coming at an oblique angle otherwise you're going to go careening off of it. Examples are billboards (San Martin) or giant propane tanks (on Erangel) or fallen tree limbs (waterworld on erangel). If you go directly over whatever the object is that is higher than the roof itself your parachute will cut early and you'll go flying.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

NtotheTC posted:

does anyone else get affected by "air currents" when parachuting? I've no idea if they're an actual thing but occasionally I just get pulled wildly off course for seemingly no reason. Really frustrating when you're trying to land on a roof.

It's probably server issues, just like when you get launched a quarter mile after cutting your chute.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
that poo poo happens to me like regardless of where I'm trying to go I will sometimes veer off in some other direction

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

underage at the vape shop posted:

1 kd is pretty good man a lot of goons can't even hit that.

I can't play solo anymore though. I don't want to risk this badass ratio.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Ashrik posted:

It definitely is an unfair advantage

so I figure I'll keep using it until Bluehole says something or changes it.

I'm making this change tonight.
I already turned on colorblind mode not because i am color blind, but because it makes the reticle easier to see.
Also I like saying "piss zone" instead of red zone because the one I have turns the zone yellow.

E: I'm still really really bad.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

NtotheTC posted:

Yes, but I've always thought of it as some sort of bug related to when I'm free looking around at the same time.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

It seems shady as gently caress to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRBO51jFH2E

I would probably find it more useful than many, seeing as I am colour blind, but this is an unfair advantage, so I'm not touching it. I'm assuming they are going to patch it out or at least change the brightness.

Holy moly I'm definitely enabling this

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i know bluehole isn't the brightest but wouldn't dark grey or dark green blood have sufficed.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Groovelord Neato posted:

i know bluehole isn't the brightest but wouldn't dark grey or dark green blood have sufficed.

Yup!

Trip report: everyone should enable the blue blood because it makes it x1000 times easier to know how many hits you've gotten in a frantic firefight in addition to being able to spot distant splatters in the shadows out of the corner of your eye.

There's no way they don't fix this so take advantage of it while you can.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Rex-Goliath posted:

Holy moly I'm definitely enabling this

I enabled it yesterday, and it feels cheaty as gently caress, which is to say, it's amazing, and you are now hunting some sort of sentient horseshoe crabs instead of humans.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Man, a guy unloaded a full AKM clip at me at pretty much point blank range. I got hit once. I imagine he must think I was cheating :\

mrlego
Feb 14, 2007

I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.

credburn posted:

Man, a guy unloaded a full AKM clip at me at pretty much point blank range. I got hit once. I imagine he must think I was cheating :\

AKM.txt

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Rex-Goliath posted:

in addition to being able to spot distant splatters in the shadows out of the corner of your eye.
imo being able to more easily see when other people are fighting is the most useful part.

Also, being able to see when your bullets connect to someone in a car.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

It's not cheating we're all just clones and clones have neon blood :science:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

credburn posted:

Did you have a micro Uzi, were you in east mylta.

Because if so that was me.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
they need to let me put a grip on an ak

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
That's what the magazine is for

(E: i know that's not what it's for, before anyone from tfr comes in)

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Did you have a micro Uzi, were you in east mylta.

Because if so that was me.

Nah, I had a sawn off shotgun. Like, I had time to shoot the guy, reload, and shoot him again, killing him. The whole while it's just brahhhh brahhh brahhh pttff pttff pttff dink bloom blam kabom

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
What're those 'brown loafers with knee socks' called?

Edit: Posted too soon!

Answer: ZEST LOAFERS WITH SOCKS.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Accretionist posted:

Answer: ZEST LOAFERS WITH SOCKS.

I must acquire these.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

The leaderboard reset makes me feel invincible for a couple of days, then pushes me right back down into being the worst guy in town. I think it's carefully engineered to mimic an abusive relationship.

Well, honeymoon is over. Last night I got killed by the first player I saw, three games in a row.

I suppose it's not easy to get ranked matchmaking to work well in 100-player games, but I would have imagined it would be possible to let me play with worse players hslf the time.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Try not to worry about MMR, it’s never going to be that accurate.

Fuzz1111
Mar 17, 2001

Sorry. I couldn't find anyone to make you a cool cipher-themed avatar, and the look on this guy's face cracks me the fuck up.
Well I have to admit, between driver patches from nvidia, and patches to the game itself, this game has gone from running terribly to actually being quite playable on my old GTX780.

I do wonder how much I have the xbox port to thank for the game optimisations (which apparently involved a lot of help from microsoft) but in any case, it's been nice playing games the last couple of weeks where I've had little else to blame for losing than just being terrible (except for the game I played yesterday where I finished in top 10 without a helmet because one never came).

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus
This game has finally hit a spot where it isn't bugging out 24/7. But that will probably change at the next update. Still can't loving stand the AKM, it is a garbage gun. The shenanigans we get into during squads is more fun than the game itself I swear. Even when we get our rear end beat (a lot) I still have fun. Some folks have taken a liking to doing "cars only" when you just roll around in cars and don't touch weapons. I really enjoyed that, it's a fun way to break up the usual game and you get hilarious kills or die hilariously. Imagine some guy killing you late game because you drove straight at him and then he gets all excited about your loot only to find a backpack, bandages, and armor. haha

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

speaking of Cars Only...i'm burned out on editing actual videos but here are some of our clips from the last couple weeks

staircars futbol
new technology to send enemy jeeps to hell
style points pt 1
style points pt 2
plop
the RT experience
iggy the machine
iggy the machine 2
synchronized strike
repo man
a solution to car wrasslin
an alternate solution to car wrasslin (unsanctioned)

some of our squad and some other people from this thread were at the top of the Road Kills leaderboard for season 2. keep on carsing

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Jesus, I need to do this.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I love the car adventures so very much.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

uniball posted:

speaking of Cars Only...i'm burned out on editing actual videos but here are some of our clips from the last couple weeks

staircars futbol
new technology to send enemy jeeps to hell
style points pt 1
style points pt 2
plop
the RT experience
iggy the machine
iggy the machine 2
synchronized strike
repo man
a solution to car wrasslin
an alternate solution to car wrasslin (unsanctioned)

some of our squad and some other people from this thread were at the top of the Road Kills leaderboard for season 2. keep on carsing

Yeah our squad was right there with you. My squad rank dropped because I didn't play for a week, but my duo roadkills per game was #1 in the world which was pretty cool.

This season everyone seems to be back to normal play though and it makes me sad.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
did they make it so that if you were way out in the blue you take even more damage? Had some weird loving poo poo last game we waited camping a bridge, killed the dudes but the blue passed us. After they were dead we hopped in the car and started to get out of there and we all started dying like we were being punched to death, but it said play zone killed us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I'm not sure how it works, but it seems like you only have so much time in the blue before it switches to rapidly killing you, and that amount of time decreases as the game goes on.