Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
sometimes when it's zooming in one of the players will be already running down the road with the rest just stuck there. not sure if it's because they loaded sooner than the rest or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

not to mention the influence just getting equipment with higher numbers has too

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Which spec/staff is Flamethrower Sienna?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

Flamestorm staff. It's a little less slaughter-y after the last patch but it'll still clean up clan/slaves and stun most things.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Stanley Pain posted:

“firestorm” staves. i don’t think sienna has any spec exclusive equipment but someone could prove me wrong

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

uber_stoat posted:

sometimes when it's zooming in one of the players will be already running down the road with the rest just stuck there. not sure if it's because they loaded sooner than the rest or what.

it is because that player hit f2 twice and then held down the w key to walk forward

everything is already loaded by the time the pan and zoom is happening, for everyone.

Stanley Pain posted:

flamestorm staff

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Fishstick posted:

Is anyone else having texture pop-in issues? Close-up enemies will show their low-Level of detail texture and then fade into their highres versions.

Yeah I'm running on high with a gtx1080 and lots of memory / decent processor and I get pop in when looking at my hero in third person or sometimes on enemies. It happens enough to be annoying

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

bright wizard started clicking once i unlocked the pyromancer spec, her starting passives and ability just seem like hot garbo
I think they need to rework some of the order of talents. WHC feels so weak because a lot of his strength compared to the other careers is support, but he gets some pretty garbage talents at level 5 that definitely don't add to either his role or his power, plus you can't ever see how much extra damage pinged enemies take so its hard to feel like you're contributing. The same applies to some of Sienna's talents.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
The structural problem to Battle Wizard is its based around bursts of massive presence and then running away and then, best case scenario, moving and hitting a little slower than the folks you're hiding behind helping out with CC or some such. By contrast you could play Pyro and heat+crit chance means high heat = Beast Mode as long as you take the lvl15 attack speed talent, and Unchained where the power bonus on high heat means the ceremonial dagger hits like the 1hander axe with dual dagger speed.

Once Battle Wiz gets an option--even at later levels--at high heat other than "run from your problems" and "do nothing for slightly less time" she can hang with the huntsmen and bounty hunters, but until then the inbuilt murder momentum of her other careers are just too impactful by comparison.

Lunethex posted:

How low is the cooldown on the Pyromancer's active, this person was using it every 5 seconds and I barely saw them using the staff =/

Sienna with only 52 ranged kills and 7 melee. Playing with an Elf who I'm pretty sure had infinite ammo outside of the Level 25 talent. 0 Melee kills there too.

With the cooldown reduction talent and CDR on crit its basically always up, its great. Also they mostly removed the windup animation on it, so it is waaaaaaay easier to use reactively now against those particularly rascally Leech and Runner spawns.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Horror stories about friendly fire in this thread, yikes. I think I'm gonna miss the low-pain FF of Nightmare VT1.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I don’t even get why Unchained’s skill does FF. Class is going to be a pain in the rear end most the time.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Willie Tomg posted:

With the cooldown reduction talent and CDR on crit its basically always up, its great. Also they mostly removed the windup animation on it, so it is waaaaaaay easier to use reactively now against those particularly rascally Leech and Runner spawns.

Worth noting that you can still hold the button to activate it while you have a special in a crowd highlighted to make it home in on that target. It'll highlight it red like the homing things did in the first game. You still get the wind up animation that way though.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Zealots charge seems to be an easy way to get into trouble. Still digging it though. Bald saltzpyre for life.

They really need to increase the ammo on double pistols. Fin to use but even with bounty hunter bonus the ammo is garbo. Its like an oversight at this point, not sure why they havent literally doubled the ammo (at least)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the brace used to have 32 shots in VT1 if my memory serves me properly, and even then it would commonly run out of ammo.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I'm real loving executioners sword on Kruber. It's nice that the characters feel different from each other now instead of just everyone's 2h feeling samey. Combat feels more visceral too.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Hi I never played the first one

Any tips and tricks??

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

block.

when?

always.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Can you Stab while blocking

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Hi I never played the first one

Any tips and tricks??

Stay with the group
Spam the target button
Kill all the Ratmen

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

ZenVulgarity posted:

Can you Stab while blocking

Welcome to the greatest game to ever come out in the history of vidja games.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

no but you can push which gives you a better chance of stabbing without being stabbed in return

blocking works 360 degrees (it just consumes more stamina if you're not in the ideal arc) and the game absolutely loves to catch you napping with one dude it spawned behind you when you weren't looking so until you are certain that all life has been exterminated, block.

e: you know what like 85% of this video is still relevant in VT2 so i'll just link it and you can have all the intro to basic tips and tricks you could possibly ask for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs7V_quitpk&t=1s

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Coolguye posted:

no but you can push which gives you a better chance of stabbing without being stabbed in return

blocking works 360 degrees (it just consumes more stamina if you're not in the ideal arc) and the game absolutely loves to catch you napping with one dude it spawned behind you when you weren't looking so until you are certain that all life has been exterminated, block.

e: you know what like 85% of this video is still relevant in VT2 so i'll just link it and you can have all the intro to basic tips and tricks you could possibly ask for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs7V_quitpk&t=1s

Thank you friendo

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Tip #1: Always aim for the dongliz

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
If you hold down your push you'll do a slash at the end of it too.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Coolguye posted:

the brace used to have 32 shots in VT1 if my memory serves me properly, and even then it would commonly run out of ammo.

It's 56 in vermintide 1, 73 with ammo holder. 20 shots in this game is loving nothing.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Guys, I am enjoying the heck outta this game. Currently have the dwarf and the elf to level 10. I figured I should get them all to level 10 so I can fill whatever spot is needed in a group.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Inside Out Mom posted:

Guys, I am enjoying the heck outta this game. Currently have the dwarf and the elf to level 10. I figured I should get them all to level 10 so I can fill whatever spot is needed in a group.

I'd just take old mate koober to 10 now so you can get in on some sweet halberd armour piercing action.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Orv posted:

Flamestorm staff. It's a little less slaughter-y after the last patch but it'll still clean up clan/slaves and stun most things.

Cowcaster posted:

“firestorm” staves. i don’t think sienna has any spec exclusive equipment but someone could prove me wrong

Coolguye posted:

flamestorm staff

Thanks.

Played the elf with a swift bow and 100 ammo and about +20% attack speed. It's basically a fantasy SMG.

Death by Chickens
Jan 12, 2012

Digirat posted:

It's 56 in vermintide 1, 73 with ammo holder. 20 shots in this game is loving nothing.

Very sad at only having 40 ammo for pistols with bounty hunter. WH seems great for killing specials but I find myself always in the middle of the pack on all the other stats at mission end (and I'm no shabby player). Either I'm out of pistol ammo or I'm trying to compete with drakefires, elven machine guns, and fireballs everywhere. But I definitely sense that this game is far better off now than V1 was for many months. I don't see much that couldn't be fixed with some intelligent tweaking of numbers.

Based on how much they learned from balancing V1 I'm very hopeful.

But damnit I want to play a gun slinging saltzpyre like the badass psychopath he truly is.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

One good reason to play everyone is that as you get them to level 10 they move their bedrolls out of the main lobby and into actual rooms in the keep. Each one has a nice bit of storytelling in it, too. Saltzpyre, for example, takes over the dungeon and converts one cell into his bedroom, another into his dining room (both with beautiful views of the mountains outside) and the small common area becomes a dissection bench and work area.

So you walk in and there’s this dead as poo poo skaven that’s been vivisected and yeah that’s a thing but looking right beyond that you can see the tired old man who wants to just look at the mountains

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

bardin's little loft above the forge is cozy and i want to live in a place like that

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
i have no idea how to be good at this game but im having fun playing the witch hunter!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Tomahawk posted:

i have no idea how to be good at this game but im having fun playing the witch hunter!

Kill the rats and the bad men.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy

Coolguye posted:

i didnt even know you could dodge like that lol. ive become a backstabbing whirlwind strafing machine with ms. elf after watching this.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Johnny Joestar posted:

bardin's little loft above the forge is cozy and i want to live in a place like that

Same, actually.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
what are people talking about re: deleting a boss

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tomahawk posted:

what are people talking about re: deleting a boss

Huntsman Kruber's ability, or Bounty Hunter Saltzpyre's ability, with crit and a strength potion running, will more or less kill bosses (and monsters) instantly.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Orv posted:

Huntsman Kruber's ability, or Bounty Hunter Saltzpyre's ability, with crit and a strength potion running, will more or less kill bosses (and monsters) instantly.

I leveled Saltz up to Bounty Hunter and its basically cyberbullying storms and bosses.

when did they make the repeater pistol so good holy smokes

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Coolguye posted:

One good reason to play everyone is that as you get them to level 10 they move their bedrolls out of the main lobby and into actual rooms in the keep. Each one has a nice bit of storytelling in it, too. Saltzpyre, for example, takes over the dungeon and converts one cell into his bedroom, another into his dining room (both with beautiful views of the mountains outside) and the small common area becomes a dissection bench and work area.

So you walk in and there’s this dead as poo poo skaven that’s been vivisected and yeah that’s a thing but looking right beyond that you can see the tired old man who wants to just look at the mountains

Sienna's room is just a hole in the wall, filled with debris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Sienna's room is just a hole in the wall, filled with debris.

kruber's room has a weird hole near the roof and it triggers the gently caress out of me

• Locked thread