Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Willie Tomg posted:

I leveled Saltz up to Bounty Hunter and its basically cyberbullying storms and bosses.

when did they make the repeater pistol so good holy smokes
I'm still waiting until I get back and hit level 15 so all of the crit-shot blasts are ammo-free, letting me basically get 98 shots or whatever of regular fire or non-crit shotgun blasts while being able to just pump out crit-shots at will.

Tomahawk posted:

what are people talking about re: deleting a boss
So, my current favorite example: Saltzpyre's bounty hunter passive is "Every 8 seconds or following a melee kill, your next ranged attack will be a critical". His active BH ability is to fire off a monstrously powerful simultaneous pair of pistol shots. His repeater pistol's alt-fire is to load up all 8 shots in the magazine and fire them simultaneously, which currently happens to make them all count as "the next ranged attack" so they're all crits. You can run up to a boss, fire off your active (with a guaranteed crit), bash some nearby grunt, then turn around and fire off 8 crit repeater shots at once. If there are enough enemies around, you can keep pumping out crit-repeater blasts until everything is dead or you're out of ammo (until you hit level 15 and pick up the talent that makes it so all of your passive-ability-critshots don't cost ammo). The bosses will survive it, but it chunks their health stupidly fast. If you add a strength potion to the mix, I'm pretty sure bosses just vanish. I haven't tried that yet, actually, because I really didn't see much of a point when I could use the strength potion elsewhere. There isn't a special around, including the Chaos Warriors, that will survive either by itself, let alone both, so you can pretty reliably delete any special you see. Huntsman Kruber supposedly has a similar effect where he can stack crits and huge damage boosts to just put out obscene burst damage, but I haven't leveled one up enough to see.

(I'd also assume they nerf the repeater pistol/BH combo relatively soon by making it so only one shot out of the barrage is a guaranteed crit, and probably make it so that his active simply can't crit. The same could be applied to Huntsman, I suppose, since the real power comes from stacking both damage and crit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Broken Cog posted:

Sienna's room is just a hole in the wall, filled with debris.

Smoldering debris.

Kruber's is increasingly organized, but, more importantly, he has used potatoes and little wooden pegs to make a shelf full of potato animals :3:.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

I dont know posted:

Smoldering debris.

Kruber's is increasingly organized, but, more importantly, he has used potatoes and little wooden pegs to make a shelf full of little potato animals :3:.

The death of his family broke him and now the only family he has is group of little potato critters :smith:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

Sienna's room is just a hole in the wall, filled with debris.

Yeah but it has a functional fireplace, bed and bookshelves. What else could you need?

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

I don’t even get why Unchained’s skill does FF. Class is going to be a pain in the rear end most the time.

That's loving stupid. it should be like shotgun staff

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Sienna wades down the ramp at the end of Against the Grain alone. The team huddles inside until the explosion rocks the rafters and then they bolt out to support her

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

does anyone know if the unchained's heat -> melee damage applies to the DOT on the flame sword/ceremonial dagger? as it stands it seems like the pyromancer's heat -> crit chance is way more useful

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also the damage on the living bomb ability even with full overcharge seems absolutely pitiful, especially compared to how much damage the homing bolt can do (which cools down in 20 seconds (and living bomb cools down in like 2 minutes))

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Why not just to do it on the dummy at the keep?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Dummy doesn't actually work for everything, particularly anything Sienna does.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Shoutout to any match I had as Sienna where there was also a Bardin present and I had to find spots in between all the dwarf-fire to slip in my own fire.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Unchained's F should really save you when you're about to go off. If you hit the threshold you still blow up after a delay even if you hit her F. If you get snagged by a packmaster or leech it can be enough to push you into blow up mode which wouldn't be that bad if you could use your special to get out of it, but you can't.

I have a lot of fun with her but obviously haven't done it on champ yet and it's probably not realistic. Pyro with cooldown poo poo is probably a lot better, her pyro special is pretty good at deleting specials, and you can just focus on going close range/hordes with your weapons.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Doing bad jumping puzzles for tomes should just be replaced by tomerats, that way obtaining them is more involved with the primary gameplay element, killing ratmen

Make them tougher, give them a posse, but jumping puzzles are kind of lame.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
What if you are an actual Skaven irl playing this game??

asking for a friend

Captain Gordon fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Mar 5, 2018

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Captain Gordon posted:

What if you are an actual Skaven irl playing this game??

I'd sue, personally.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
Sure love having to Ironbreaker carry two clueless PUGs including a lv 3 Elf though Veteran (because they are allowed to do that now?) only for the game to crash at the end screen, give me my level up but no loot or commendation box.

Then my friend says he got an Emperor coffer . :shepicide:

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Calihan posted:

Sure love having to carry two clueless PUGs including a lv 3 Elf though Veteran (because they are allowed to do that now?) only for the game to crash at the end screen, give me my level up but no loot or commendation box.

Then my friend says he got an Emperor coffer . :shepicide:

Strange. I had a crash yesterday at the victory screen, and I got my lootbox. I assume I also got the exp, though I didn't check. I figured it just dumped your reward on you as soon as you won.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Sounds like I need to level up Victor to level 7 for BH. I used to love rapier Vic in the last game but I just can't seem to get it this time.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Is there a boss murder build for the dwarf? I've got a huntsman and a bounty hunter that I've been playing solo but my friends bought the game over the weekend and are set on Kruber and Saltz. Unfortunately they both dislike the ranged builds and so bosses are a pain in the dick instead of just murdering the poo poo out of them with the huntsman ult and blunderbuss. Can the slayer go to town on them, or does he just die too easily? It feels like neither the ranger or ironbreaker have a good way of killing a boss quickly.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
god drat it Ironbreaker owns

got my first emperor's chest and on vet!! it helped a lot that I didn't have to use healing the whole time so other people could use it. just surprised at how much punishment ironbreaker can take

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Frustrated posted:

Is there a boss murder build for the dwarf? I've got a huntsman and a bounty hunter that I've been playing solo but my friends bought the game over the weekend and are set on Kruber and Saltz. Unfortunately they both dislike the ranged builds and so bosses are a pain in the dick instead of just murdering the poo poo out of them with the huntsman ult and blunderbuss. Can the slayer go to town on them, or does he just die too easily? It feels like neither the ranger or ironbreaker have a good way of killing a boss quickly.

Best I've seen is to make the saltz be the witch hunter captain and use the grudge raker with his crit buff.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Getting crits on your ranged attacks against otherwise immune targets is like 1db frenzy trapping in blood bowl.

Always go for it! I had a great run as Merc Kruber in war camp where I spent 60% of the boss's health bar just halberdiering with the team and then I was like "gently caress this it's taking too long" start shooting my blunderbuss and after the fourth shot which was a crit he just died instantly.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ironbreaker is good but I just unlocked Slayer and holy poo poo. You can make mincemeat out of an entire horde by leaping in and just spamming light attacks. Plus the heavy attack combo in those dual axes is just so satisfying. I fully expected to hate this class and go back to Ironbreaker but this might be my new favorite.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Gridlocked posted:

Sounds like I need to level up Victor to level 7 for BH. I used to love rapier Vic in the last game but I just can't seem to get it this time.

Unlocking BH is the exact point where I went from not really having the greatest time with sequel Victor to having a whale of a time with sequel Victor. If you screw up everything else you're still the guy who deletes specials, storms, chaos warriors and bosses with a look.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

explosivo posted:

Ironbreaker is good but I just unlocked Slayer and holy poo poo. You can make mincemeat out of an entire horde by leaping in and just spamming light attacks. Plus the heavy attack combo in those dual axes is just so satisfying. I fully expected to hate this class and go back to Ironbreaker but this might be my new favorite.

Are you talking level 20 Slayer? I tried exactly that and got eaten alive constantly. Hit 20 yesterday and can't wait to try this again.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm level 14 I think, but I am looking forward to the next few skill unlocks for sure. I haven't been having much of an issue on recruit with survivability but maybe that'll be different on the harder difficulties.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Koobler with a halberd and free handgun ammo can solo this game, the dude is a loving beast. I'm just oblitering bosses and specials without concerns at range and up close.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Is anyone one else getting constant crashes to the point they just don't seem to be able to make it through a mission 90% of the time? Happens at completely random times.

Had the problem in the closed beta, but once the open beta hit it was fine till the last patch.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I finally gave the first game a fair try after getting it from a bundle. Even playing with bots, it is a damned fun game, and I'll be sure to try to get the second game once it comes out so I can play with actual people.

Also, I love the post decapitation "Hey, where'd my head go :saddowns:" animations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Raged posted:

Is anyone one else getting constant crashes to the point they just don't seem to be able to make it through a mission 90% of the time? Happens at completely random times.

Had the problem in the closed beta, but once the open beta hit it was fine till the last patch.
i haven't had a single crash outside of careless alt-entering after i've tabbed out of the game so i'd report that

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Raged posted:

I just started playing, so I've only gotten like 3 games in but I haven't had a single crash yet.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
Slayer gets a necklace that grants regeneration at the cost of not being able to use healthpacks.
You can still use potions and have healthpacks used on you though.

The lvl 20 talents for Slayer give you temporary hp on kills/crits.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Did some research and took the plunge since you can get this game for as cheap as 22 dollars through gamebillet, and god drat I forgot how much fun I had with Vtide 1. What a loving blast. Clutched a game as last man standing last night, shield swiping to fend off the hordes to get a last second rez followed by saving the last two pubbies during the city escape. What an adrenaline rush!

It looks like they kinda fixed my issues I had with vtide 1 at launch, being that crafting was rear end and there was no incentive to run random maps so you'd just run optimal maps until you got bored.

Have they given any deets about how many missions we're getting and what heroic deeds entail?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Christ, I just want to find out if the Falchion is a good alternative to the 2H sword for Saltzpyre, instead I'm 1 out of 6 for successful Veteran runs today.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Rapier is overall his best melee weapon. Like V1 the light swings never get stuck and have good headshotting. Good charge for hard targets. By the way, charging the rapier all the way actually does more damage. For some reason. The pistol is poo poo and it can waste blessed shots on Bounty Hunter but it can stunlock specials for you to get closer.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Mar 5, 2018

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

toasterwarrior posted:

Christ, I just want to find out if the Falchion is a good alternative to the 2H sword for Saltzpyre, instead I'm 1 out of 6 for successful Veteran runs today.
It is. It and the rapier are my favorite weapons, with the falchion being the most killy for me. I just take more damage using it.

Lunethex posted:

Rapier is overall his best melee weapon. Like V1 the light swings never get stuck and have good headshotting. Good charge for hard targets. By the way, charging the rapier all the way actually does more damage. For some reason. The pistol is poo poo and it can waste blessed shots on Bounty Hunter but it can stunlock specials for you to get closer.
Also true, though I found the pistol does have a bit of a niche after a shove. With enough power you'll shove enemies out of range of your melee attacks and it lets you get in a potshot as you dodge back. It was the best thing I found when a berserker ended up in my face: there's enough room to block their 3-hit combo and dodge backwards to avoid the two-handed heavy blow while shooting them in the face. Its not the point of the weapon anymore but it does basically act as a longer-range charged attack. The rapier definitely benefits from a few power levels too.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Yeah, I really should just learn how to get better with the Rapier all over again. I just hate the feeling like I'm whacking poo poo with a nerf bat, so I feel compelled to only use WH Captain with it for the insta-kill on headshots.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Does the 2h sword feel slightly worse than it did in Vermin 1 to anyone else? I’m not 100% sure, but I used to main Kruber and Saltzpyre with their big swords, and it seems a little less effective this time around.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I didn't like the executioner sword on Kruber cuz the light attacks felt really slow so I ended up hunting for a 2h hammer agaih

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
The hilarity of flying rats around makes the hammer a better weapon, killing power be damned.

• Locked thread