Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ass frog
Feb 28, 2018

by Smythe
gulgong rules though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-05/barnaby-joyce-says-paternity-of-unborn-child-nobodys-business/9508748

lol after telling the media that he might not be the father, Joyce is now telling everyone that the baby's father isn't anyone's business.

loving toad of a man throwing mud at his partner's character and then pulling this poo poo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
He can't keep track of his own dumb moves. It's truly insane.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Woah woah woah wait a second

Are you telling me that Barnaby Joyce may not in fact be a committed and considerate partner, father, and lover, but rather is a badman????

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
A bad deputy prime minister is a lot like a bad father in that they're the same.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

lol of course van badham supports ponies

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Nationalise the pokies - van badham

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Imagine being such a clueless gently caress as to think the ALP are "playing it too left" for the electorate, under any circumstances
:allears:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

https://twitter.com/christreilly/status/970350233979891712

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
replace all pokies with those machines you put 20c in to win expired chocolate

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

loving savage

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Brutal but accurate.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is Barnaby's endgame to die alone?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

So this is weird:

https://twitter.com/abchobart/status/970463791287881728

and the linked article begins:

quote:

Saturday's Tasmanian election is a historic victory for Premier Will Hodgman.

In a traditional Labor state, Mr Hodgman becomes only the second Liberal Premier to win back-to-back majority governments.

The Liberal Party almost matched its 2014 result, polling above 50 per cent for the second election in a row.

Mr Hodgman's personal percentage vote in Franklin is also the third highest in modern times, and in vote terms will pass Doug Lowe's 1979 record.

While Labor has recovered from its 2014 drubbing, Labor's vote share of just under 33 per cent is its third worst result since the Second World War.

Green support at ten per cent is below its previous low, recorded in 1998, and the party may yet be reduced to the single Denison seat it won in 1998.

Note the careful "almost" modifier in the second sentence. We then get on to details of the lower vote for ALP and Greens. Then, further down, we have:

quote:

As expected, the Liberal Party has been unable to repeat its unprecedented 2014 result when the party filled four of the five seats in Braddon.

Jeremy Rockliff and Adam Brooks have been easily re-elected, with Rockliff's preferences to determine who wins the third Liberal seat. Roger Jaensch is better placed than Joan Rylah to win re-election.

Labor gains a seat, with Shane Broad to be re-elected, and former Burnie Mayor Anita Dow joining him in the House of Assembly.

So the gist of the story is, the ALP and Greens vote is down but the government was reelected with one less seat for certain. Either a brilliant strategy to get at the truth whilst conforming to clickbait righty mantras or habits die hard.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/970479141597282305

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/970479426642231296

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/970479669513302016

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Looks like CALTEX 75% stores were stealing from their workers and they are SHUTTING DOWN EVERYTHING to cover it up and sweep it under the carpet.

Just like every other case of this, nothing will happen to head office.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP bonerby

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

All I want from life is for there to be a leadership spill for the Libs shortly before the election and Abbott is the only one crazy enough to put his hand up, winning by default and leading to a election drubbing of hilarious scale.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/970487814805602306

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Mar 5, 2018

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

They should have a spill and agree whoever loses has to quit the party 👌

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

hey but at least we didn't vote for that dysfunctional labor party eh

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Solemn Sloth posted:

lol of course van badham supports ponies
qft

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

removed

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/970490780677586945

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Joyce couldn't force a spill now though, clearly?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

give it time

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

He's spilled enough

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Anidav posted:

He's not even a member of Turnbull's party.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I mean as nationals leader he could in theory force a spill

Not any more though

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

Ask Vikki.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

In theory if he wanted to go full scorched Earth and could gather a couple of supporters he could threaten to support a vote of no confidence in the government couldn't he?

That's fantasy world thinking though since he'd be immediately booted from the Nationals.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

by now the nationals have probably worked out that they're hosed if they do anything again and the only chance they have of extracting anything for the regions between now and next year is by supporting whoever the liberals want

literally every person in australia is sick of their collective bullshit naval gazing

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

these stories about barnaby being a child and threatening turnbull will do nothing except ensure he has no support in the partyroom

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Comstar posted:

Looks like CALTEX 75% stores were stealing from their workers and they are SHUTTING DOWN EVERYTHING to cover it up and sweep it under the carpet.

Just like every other case of this, nothing will happen to head office.

they should do what everyone else seems to do in the industry, and put as many employees as possible on traineeships. Low pay and sweet handouts from the taxpayer!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

You Am I posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-05/barnaby-joyce-says-paternity-of-unborn-child-nobodys-business/9508748

lol after telling the media that he might not be the father, Joyce is now telling everyone that the baby's father isn't anyone's business.

loving toad of a man throwing mud at his partner's character and then pulling this poo poo.

Here's the statement he released earlier:

quote:

Yes, I was ineligible for federal selection due to being a New Zealand citizen and took hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars of taxpayer money in salary which I will never have to pay back. Yes, I was cheating on my wife while using the 'sanctity of marriage' to attempt to permanently deprive others of their right to marry the person they loved. Yes, I got my adulterous partner pregnant while staying in a $4000 a week luxury condo belonging to a campaign contributor. Yes, I got $3million dollars of public money spent on another property of that same campaign contributor while no longer a sitting federal senator. But have you considered that maybe Vikki Campion's a dirty whore who can't keep her legs together?

Also I would ask that the media please give us our privacy, thank you.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 5, 2018

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Haha, I think freemantle media are doing the single frame brand name inserts like they got big fines for doing during the logies a few years ago for the ads during the Oscars

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

abbott is riding the 30 newspolls pretty hard

first as tragedy, then as farce

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I see Barnaby has taken being a back bencher well then.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
So unless easter or the batman election changes things the 30th newspoll comes out on April 1st.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°
Did he nut?

:thunk:

• Locked thread