Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

mattfl posted:

Friend posted this on his Facebook

I’m not even sure wtf he is doing lol

It looks like a limb has fallen through and broken several of the service wires, so he's working on that for sure.

I can't tell what he's got in his hand there.... If it was a saw I'd say he's cutting the limb cause I think that's the first thing that needs to happen but it doesn't really look like a saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Another life claimed by escalators. :ohdear:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

That kid is back on the escalator!

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

If I remember right, crocs were banned in quite a few places because they would do that, plus with the side of the escalator, too.

Wobbulated
Apr 24, 2007

by sebmojo

Not going to lie, that made me cringe harder than anything else in the thread so far.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

What self-respecting person would wear flip flops indoors anyway?

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

spankmeister posted:

I think you just answered your own question. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Started reading Command and Control. :allears:

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Memento posted:

Girl critical after electric shock from tap while watering garden

How does that happen? I guess it has something to do with a badly installed grounding cable on the water pipe?

Everything in straya will kill you

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug

Wobbulated posted:

Not going to lie, that made me cringe harder than anything else in the thread so far.

You and me both, my toes curled involuntarily seeing this.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

spankmeister posted:

What do you wear on your feet when you get out of a show---oh wait yeah nevermind.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Jerry Cotton posted:

What do you wear on your feet when you get out of a show---oh wait yeah nevermind.

I go barefoot for the 15 feet between my shower and sock drawer because my floor is clean.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I go barefoot for the 15 feet between my shower and sock drawer because my floor is clean.

My floor is clean but also I don't want to slip on it and die.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
are bathroom rugs unknown of in finland?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Jerry Cotton is like eighty years old so it makes sense that he wears shoes in the shower and is concerned about dying from a fall

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Are... basic motor skills unknown in Finland?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

are bathroom rugs unknown of in finland?

Ah yes lovely a wet rug.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
You can stand in the shower for fifteen seconds and dry off a bit before you step out, you know.

e: then again you're from a country that puts dishes back in the cupboard while they're still wet so maybe you're equally hosed up about showers

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Ah yes lovely a wet rug.

Bathroom rubs are generally made with slip-resistant bottoms and can be woven from materials that discourage microbial growth if properly and regularly washed.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

e: then again you're from a country that puts dishes back in the cupboard while they're still wet

How else are they going to get dry?

Screaming Idiot posted:

Bathroom rubs are generally made with slip-resistant bottoms and can be woven from materials that discourage microbial growth if properly and regularly washed.

LIFE HACK: slippers are exactly like that only they're attached to your feet, much smaller, and therefore much easier to clean.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Synthbuttrange posted:

One of these has to be the “Lost Fingat” guy’s grandfather.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

e: then again you're from a country that puts dishes back in the cupboard while they're still wet

wait, what

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's a drying cupboard over the sink.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

It's a drying cupboard.

This is, easily, the most hosed up thing in this thread, which I'm pretty sure has included more than one snuff film.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
That's actually better than a lot of American setups where the drying rack takes up counter space so great job!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

oh, i was picturing it being fully enclosed

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

Nevermind this is actually sensible and reasonable. Good third act twist.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
M. Night will never have something this good.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Three-Phase posted:

One of these has to be the “Lost Fingat” guy’s grandfather.

Its full of harrowing accidents involving bombs and nuclear material. Fun ones include an airman stumbling around the bomb bay and trying to keep his balance by gripping a nearby handle.

The handle is the emergency bomb release. It fell on the bay doors and crashed through them, leaving the guy dangling on the handle while the Mark 6 atomic bomb fell onto Mars Bluff. It's unarmed but an unarmed nuclear bomb just means the nuclear detonation wont go off. Its still got an implosion mechanism made of regular explosives.

It falls onto a playhouse that three little girls are playing in then explodes, demolishing it and the house nearby and putting 6 people in hospital.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1958_Mars_Bluff_B-47_nuclear_weapon_loss_incident

Wobbulated
Apr 24, 2007

by sebmojo

Synthbuttrange posted:

Its full of harrowing accidents involving bombs and nuclear material. Fun ones include an airman stumbling around the bomb bay and trying to keep his balance by gripping a nearby handle.

The handle is the emergency bomb release. It fell on the bay doors and crashed through them, leaving the guy dangling on the handle while the Mark 6 atomic bomb fell onto Mars Bluff. It's unarmed but an unarmed nuclear bomb just means the nuclear detonation wont go off. Its still got an implosion mechanism made of regular explosives.

It falls onto a playhouse that three little girls are playing in then explodes, demolishing it and the house nearby and putting 6 people in hospital.

That's a great book.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Synthbuttrange posted:

It's so good!

If anyone (who has or hasn't) already read it wants to listen to a pretty good podcast episode about the Damascus incident (where a dropped wrench almost nuked Arkansas) Radio Diaries + This American Life did an episode on it.

http://www.radiodiaries.org/the-dropped-wrench/

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Synthbuttrange posted:

Imagine getting home from work and finding out your kids were in the hospital because someone dropped an atom bomb on them.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

That must have escalated quickly.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

Memento posted:

Imagine getting home from work and finding out your kids were in the hospital because someone dropped an atom bomb on them.

Don't worry, dad and mom were home and were injured too, probably rode in the ambulance together. It was a great family bonding experience.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Free historic landmark on the remains on your home!

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Synthbuttrange posted:

I need to.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Jerry Cotton posted:

I guess thats a good idea if you don't have a window there

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Applesnots posted:

I need to.

It's good as hell but fairly scary in parts. My absolute favourite:

quote:

At Homestead Air Force Base in Florida, thirty-five members of an Army unit were arrested for using and selling marijuana and LSD. The unit controlled the Nike Hercules antiaircraft missiles on the base, along with their nuclear warheads. The drug use at Homestead was suspected after a fully armed Russian MiG-17 fighter plane, flown by a Cuban defector, landed there unchallenged, while Air Force One was parked on a nearby runway

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Applesnots posted:

I need to.

It's required reading for the pyf dangerous chemicals thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

I guess thats a good idea if you don't have a window there

Literally no-one does. That's where you put the dinner table.

e: You want to put a radiator under the window so you don't get hell of draft all the time (not due to the window leaking air but due to how air cooled next to the window - which is obviously colder than a wall - behaves).

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Mar 5, 2018