Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

JossiRossi posted:

Ahahaha, the trash people were literally Apocalype Cosplayers.

Jadis was literally Mad Max Ezikiel. :laugh:

Simon had a point though--what was with the helipad and solar panels? We know there is a chopper; Rick saw it. For a minute I was thinking maybe Trashtown was a camoflauged military base and Jadis and her gang were soldiers playing dumb, but I beliece her reveal that she was a random artist lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I like how Rick had to say his last name, like Negan would not know who it was otherwise.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Also why is Rick so sweaty and Michonne is not at all?

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Astroman posted:

Also why is Rick so sweaty and Michonne is not at all?

Flop sweat, like Ted Stryker-level flop sweat

ElectricSheep fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 5, 2018

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Astroman posted:

Simon had a point though--what was with the helipad and solar panels? We know there is a chopper; Rick saw it. For a minute I was thinking maybe Trashtown was a camoflauged military base and Jadis and her gang were soldiers playing dumb, but I beliece her reveal that she was a random artist lady.

Yeah a character like Simon can't say something like that and not have it lead to Jadis yelling "CODE PURPLE" and a bunch of snipers in trash gillie suits show up out of nowhere and kill everyone. It's basic storytelling.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Good thing Talking Dead brought on two characters from the most boring C-Plot this week instead of, say Jadis.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

This show still remains awful.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
These are all pretty lovely episodes, but we are in the back half of the season and this didn't advance the plot at ALL tonight unless you count Rick and Negan for two minutes at the end.

And even that is being generous.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Skimmed through the episode in like 20 minutes and it was pretty good when you can just outright ignore the 30 minutes of slow sullen looks and silence.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Jadis' blue cat-man painting reminds me of Data's horse paintings in the TNG edits.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Still think they're playing the long game of setting Jadis up to be Alpha with the Whisperers.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
We're at the point where Jadis is my favourite character.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

they made bad grandma and mr. clear killing a loving tonne of people boring

and now it's apparently trashy and the mumbles clan. this season is a holocaust.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

This show is so bad. So, so bad. Just 45 minutes of :shrek:

IMO it was pretty brave of them to show the chicken nugget manufacturing process though.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Astroman posted:

Jadis was literally Mad Max Ezikiel. :laugh:

For the briefest, briefest moment I thought they were going to throw a crazy plot twist and they were all going to be bullshitting their odd behavior and actually be sitting on top of like a technological goldmine they hid under garbage.

That'd been so much loving cooler.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kelly posted:

These are all pretty lovely episodes, but we are in the back half of the season and this didn't advance the plot at ALL tonight unless you count Rick and Negan for two minutes at the end.

And even that is being generous.

I don't know. I can't hate this episode like the rest of you.

Why? I'll tell you: Lots of Simon going full Trevor, the death of the trash people, the "I just want her gone" gently caress off from Rick (very meta, probably not on purpose) and then seeing the trash people turned into literal hamburger one by one. It was like "Yeah gently caress these assholes" the whole time. Made me completely forgive the rest of it.

bobjr posted:

I like how Rick had to say his last name, like Negan would not know who it was otherwise.

Do you have any idea how much it would suck to be working for Negan and named Rick?

"Who's on the radio." "It's Rick." "Put that rear end in a top hat on the phone!" "No, Rick from pluming services, he's here to fix your.. throne, Negan."

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bobjr posted:

I like to imagine this is Ogg as sick of Trash Crew as much as everyone else.

I'm sad they're totally putting Simon on the death list only because him going into full Trevor rage-out and murder the gently caress out of them was the best thing about the episode.

Seriously maybe I just really hate the trash people but watching them get hosed and told they did it to themselves so to suck a proverbial dick from all parties gave me the most entertainment all season.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Christ, the garbage people were so loving pointless. Worthless triple crossing idiot cosplayers that all die pointless.y

:) - How do we get out?

:hurr: - Get out like you got int.

Or... I don't know, just climb the pile of trash. It is a gentle slope for christsake.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

even seeing trashkru get meat grinder'd was not enough to save that ep

like, why did idiot trash woman have her own named section(when did we start doing this), and why was it THE LONGEST ONE

great way to undermine Negan's so called authority, pointless beachside blabbering, Enid's incredibly forced and stupid lines, there's not one interesting thing happening right now. and how the gently caress would Simon keep that a secret from Negan? so contrived

the most interesting thing was Michonne killing zombies in the background of Coral's grave

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Caros posted:

Or... I don't know, just climb the pile of trash. It is a gentle slope for christsake.

Whoa there, climb a gentle slope?! Next you will tell me people can run away from slow moving zombies.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

The slightly-off-screen slaughter was laughable.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Yea the show gets bonus points for eliminating a shitload of dead weight characters. Let’s start taking everyone on tours of the dump.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Blazing Ownager posted:

I don't know. I can't hate this episode like the rest of you.

Why? I'll tell you: Lots of Simon going full Trevor, the death of the trash people, the "I just want her gone" gently caress off from Rick (very meta, probably not on purpose) and then seeing the trash people turned into literal hamburger one by one. It was like "Yeah gently caress these assholes" the whole time. Made me completely forgive the rest of it.

Do you have any idea how much it would suck to be working for Negan and named Rick?

"Who's on the radio." "It's Rick." "Put that rear end in a top hat on the phone!" "No, Rick from pluming services, he's here to fix your.. throne, Negan."

Simon was good this episode, that whole scene was - you are right, I had somehow washed it from my mind. Good end to them, the trash people were worthless. Though I suspect trash lady is going to come back to bite Rick and/or Negan and Simon.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
If Simon has enough clout to keep the other guys from blabbing about trashkru genocide then I guess they are setting up for him to make a move on knocking Negan off, otherwise its just terrible writing.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Jadis gonna attack someone with an old rusty sculpture and give them lockjaw

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Who lives in a garbage dump but doesn't wear shoes? She would have died from tetanus years ago.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Boinks posted:

Who lives in a garbage dump but doesn't wear shoes? She would have died from tetanus years ago.

It’s a side-effect of everyone being infected. Makes you immune to tetanus.

It’s kind of like how Sickle-cell is still around because it provided resistance to Malaria.

E: Did Jadis explain why they talked like that? I saw posts mentioning she spoke in full sentences after everyone else got offed. I still wish the answer was ‘English as a second language class took refuge in a dump, vaguely overcame the language barrier’

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 5, 2018

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
what the gently caress was even the point of the garbage people? this show is so stupid why do i keep watching :psyduck:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Koirhor posted:

otherwise its just terrible writing.

I have some awful news.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Can we get a gif of Simon saying "BULL ... poo poo!" to post as a palate cleanser after every episode?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Steve Ogg singlehandedly brought this episode from aggressively poo poo to nearly mediocre

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I actually liked this episode a lot, but they're really throwing any kind of storytelling device at the wall to see if it sticks.

"There was remorse." :drat:

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
"Jadis, How do we get out of this dump we've just easily climbed to the top of?"

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

what the gently caress was even the point of the garbage people? this show is so stupid why do i keep watching :psyduck:

Like a zombie walker, you have to sever it at the neck and walk away.

You'll still hear about the important things, like Coral dying, through the grapevine. Everything else that happens on the show is completely pointless.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Tortuga posted:

Can we get a gif of Simon saying "BULL ... poo poo!" to post as a palate cleanser after every episode?

This was glorious and I would love to see a gif too.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Can they just lead a herd to that garbage dump and have them all walk straight into the grinder? Looks like they wouldn't ever have to worry about zombies anymore because it's like instant win mode.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
One day this entire thread will just be goons trying to find someone actually watching the show to tell them about it and post gifs :smith:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol so there was no reason to the gazebo burning? It was just...on fire when everything else was already cinders from the attack?

Maybe Rick is a secret rear end in a top hat and set it on fire when Michonne wasn't looking

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Welp, I'm about to get :420: and watch the episode then I'm gonna catch up on the last page or two of the thread and laugh a bit maybe.

Wish me luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Trash krew doesn't even know how to make a proper home alone trap when someone answers the door

Oh no not a children's size mattress