Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

kreyla posted:

Was someone murdered in that car and that's why the price was "significantly lower"?

a) It was previously rear-ended (with ~50,000$ CAD dmg done)(no structural dmg) but has been fully fixed. That may have scared some buyers off.
b) The previous owner sold it during a divorce.
c) The dealership I bought it from had it for a month with only 1 potential buyer and was about to sell it to a wholesaler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Solid buy on the jag!

I bought a few panels of this:

I then detonated my home office, organized the closet, reclaimed a bunch of floor space, and purged a ton of old poo poo.

I've got my humidor and a few more things back in the shelves now, but that's kinda the spread. I'm most happy having my router, NAS, and modem off the floor, so now one of my backups isn't impacted by a spilled drink:

I'm very excited

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Love the mini man cave. That is awesome and gives me hope for my home office closet. One day, self. One day.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Argyle posted:

I'm 33 and I know exactly two people my age in LA who own homes.

They're a couple who bought a 900 square foot house in Boyle Heights for like 350k a few years ago.

Zillow already has their house estimated at over $500k. On Sunday they found their dog playing with a spent bullet casing.

Yeah, I work in El Segundo, so the only affordable area nearby is Hawthorne. Finding just bullet casings may be optimistic.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

OSU_Matthew posted:

The housing market is all sorts of fucky. I bought my house three years ago in an exurb, and the sellers had it on the market for over a year with no bites. They had also lived there for twenty years and only had 5,000$ equity in the house because of asbestos removal, new roof, new furnace, water heater, electric, etc etc etc.

Fast forward three years and an identical house down the street from me sold for double what I paid, and went into contract the same day it was listed. :psyduck:

It's insane where I live (Southern NH on the border of MA). My house was listed and I went to a showing hours later and made an offer right there because that's how crazy it is right now. Nobody is negotiating, nobody can view anything and think about it, because the seller will get their asking on all houses in my area at $350k and under, and there's even bid wars happening.

I also did this because I was on the way to a showing the day before for another house that was listed that day, and while driving there, an offer was made on it. :stare:

Also thanks for all the kind words everybody. I'm very excited and I only did it because my landlord is selling the place I live in now and I'm tired of being shuffled around. I would rent forever if this wasn't the case, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with renting. Though I will say the secret sauce to this house that sold me on it is that there's an entire 800 sq feet of half-finished basement I'm going to finish and make insanely awesome for blasting movies.

Tim Whatley has a new favorite as of 15:01 on Mar 2, 2018

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Congrats on your new house, and I can confirm finished movie rooms in your basement rule.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

beefnoodle posted:

Sofa with chaise: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S79211434/

It would have been nice had the delivery truck included all the sofa components in the same trip, but oh well.

Just got this sectional for our new house too, it's really solid and comfy.

I should put together a post since we just got a house and are furnishing the whole thing, but it'd be incredibly long...

Edit: I don't mean that as a brag, more of I'm lazy...

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Megabound posted:

Channeling Coffee and Pie, I got my first 35mm SLR. A Minolta Dynax/Maxxum 7000i in excellent condition!

It came with a couple lenses, 35-80 and a 70-210, huge camera bag, couple of filters, flash and original manuals.

The best thing is that the lens for my modern digital camera are cross compatible, and because Sony stuck with the Minolta proprietary hot shoe I can use the flash unit on both cameras as well!

Very pretty.

I would love to get back into film shooting but my sister stole my dads old camera and I dont have a lab for developing like I did in high school. I could get a digital camera but :effort:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

OniPanda posted:

Yeah, I work in El Segundo, so the only affordable area nearby is Hawthorne. Finding just bullet casings may be optimistic.

LOL! This isn't 20 years ago; Hawthorne has changed.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Im a manchild

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Is that a real thing I can buy now for a thousand dollars?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Coffee And Pie posted:

Very pretty.

I would love to get back into film shooting but my sister stole my dads old camera and I dont have a lab for developing like I did in high school. I could get a digital camera but :effort:

Good news, your bathroom can be your lab if you wanna shoot B&W and get one of these:

and one of these:

That being said, I get the :effort: I still have 10 rolls stashed in the freezer that I need to develop from a year ago.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Slimy Hog posted:

Hawthorne has changed.

Not that much

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

I got a ride in one of those, and maybe it's because I'm old but getting into a seat that low felt more like falling backward down the stairs.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

falling backward down the stairs.

That's how I feel all the time.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I've been watching too much Hand Tool Rescue and related channels, so I just spent about $80 on a whole bunch of old tools.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Update on mattress chat: Tuft and Needle came in. Setup was easy, hardest part was hauling the old matress out during a nor'easter. poo poo was like holding onto a sail.

It puffed up almost immediately. Pretty firm while still being comfortable. I'm a back sleeper, the girlfriend is a side sleeper, and we both found it just about perfect. Decent for banging too, more bounce than the other memory foam I've tried.

Got a queen size which seems like enough for two 6' tall lanky goons to share. Overall very pleased.

Also I bought some new weed pipes but I'll post those in another section :ssh:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Got an unexpected raise then saw this unexpectedly for $580 off.

MSI GL62VR-NE1060

Intel Core i7-7700HQ
GeForce GTX 1060
Kaby Lake Quad-core Processor
15.6" screen
SSD 512 GB M.2 SATA
16 GB DDR4 ram

edit: forgot ram... never forget ram

UnfortunateSexFart has a new favorite as of 19:27 on Mar 5, 2018

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Got an unexpected raise then saw this unexpectedly for $580 off.

MSI GL62VR-NE1060

Intel Core i7-7700HQ
GeForce GTX 1060
Kaby Lake Quad-core Processor
15.6" screen
SSD 512 GB M.2 SATA

Where?!

AnimalChin has a new favorite as of 19:31 on Mar 4, 2018

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Newegg :canada:'s account on ebay.ca. Sorry to (probably) disappoint.

edit: forgot it is on ebay only.

UnfortunateSexFart has a new favorite as of 20:24 on Mar 4, 2018

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Pro purchase right here. Especially finding it at the right price.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

This should guarantee that they'll find even more lost footage and issue a new version.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
Expensive weekend :homebrew:

AC Repair, it has been a year with no AC or Central Heat

Electrician to fix circuit that stopped working and quote running electrical in garage for woodshop. To bring it up to code and drop two new circuits would be $6200, so much for that idea in the near future.

Tire carrier for my Jeep since tire won't fit on stock carrier and I want it out of the back seat.

Last real bottleneck on my desktop needed to be resolved.

Needed a new pistol for carry and home.

Theonlydk
Jul 29, 2003
The only Dk here!

JEEVES420 posted:

Expensive weekend :homebrew:

AC Repair, it has been a year with no AC or Central Heat

Electrician to fix circuit that stopped working and quote running electrical in garage for woodshop. To bring it up to code and drop two new circuits would be $6200, so much for that idea in the near future.

Tire carrier for my Jeep since tire won't fit on stock carrier and I want it out of the back seat.

Last real bottleneck on my desktop needed to be resolved.

Needed a new pistol for carry and home.

Random question but will you use the lanyard loop on the CZ? I'm not a big fan of them although I don't know if they get in the way or anything.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's for you to attach your pistol nutz.

nocal
Mar 7, 2007
Buy Taurus brand pistols!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If its good enough for the Brazilian police, its good enough for you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fn6GFSwTEw
:psyboom:

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
You'd think that this late into the gun game people would have introduced a standard shake test.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Theonlydk posted:

Random question but will you use the lanyard loop on the CZ? I'm not a big fan of them although I don't know if they get in the way or anything.

I have no use for it and I might replace the main spring plug with a flush one. I don't plan to use it for competition/play John Wick so it doesn't bother me too much.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Android Apocalypse posted:

If its good enough for the Brazilian police, its good enough for you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fn6GFSwTEw
:psyboom:

Finally, the ideal home defense tool for people with Parkinson's

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
drat, that might be the first actual evidence of a gun killing people, not people killing people.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

drat, that might be the first actual evidence of a gun killing people, not people killing people.

There are definitely plenty of cases of people dying when a gun falls on the ground and discharges

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

Guess which one was more expensive.

Also ordered a band for the watch that is not pink.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Joined in on Sennheiser HD6XX on Massdrop.

I was number 42007 of 42050 available. There should still be some left if you are really quick.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

I bought plane tickets and AinBnb lodging for a week in Buenos Aires and Mendoza.

When I realized how much time I'd be spending on planes, I went a little nuts on Amazon:
Big-rear end USB-C power bank to keep my Switch alive for an extra ~5 hours
USB-C + 5 USB-A charger that can take 110-220V and just needs an adapter. This thing is brilliant (assuming you can charge all of your devices via USB) and is replacing several bulkier travel power gadgets I've been hauling around.
Bose QC35 II noise cancelling headphones - they sound fine, not amazing, but they're comfortable, the active noise cancelling seems pretty great, and the battery life seems solid. My biggest complaint so far is that you have to use their short, proprietary cable in wired mode. It's a standard 3.5mm on one end but some weird, smaller size that plugs into the headphones. No idea why it isn't 3.5mm on both sides.

Plus some Type I and C plug adapters, some USB-C cables, an airline adapter for the headphones, cases for the power bank and headphones, and a bunch of Switch games -- Celeste, Fire in the Flood, Steamworld Dig 2 and Heist, Stardew Valley, Pic-a-Pix, and Mario Kart.

Unrelated but also Comcast finally started offering gigabit service in my area so I bought a new DOCSIS3.1 modem, an Arris SB8200.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Lawen posted:

My biggest complaint so far is that you have to use their short, proprietary cable in wired mode. It's a standard 3.5mm on one end but some weird, smaller size that plugs into the headphones. No idea why it isn't 3.5mm on both sides.

That's a 2.5mm plug, or at least it was on my wife's QC35 (series 1). And yes, the cable is both short and flimsy. You should be able to find either an adapter to use with a normal 3.5mm cable (what I did, found one at Fry's locally) or a replacement 2.5mm-3.5mm cable.

Why Bose insisted on that? Money, probably.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Lawen posted:

I bought plane tickets and AinBnb lodging for a week in Buenos Aires and Mendoza.

When I realized how much time I'd be spending on planes, I went a little nuts on Amazon:
Big-rear end USB-C power bank to keep my Switch alive for an extra ~5 hours

Not to piss on your Cheerios, but that powerbank is too large to be carried on a plane.

http://blog.ravpower.com/2017/04/flying-planes-power-banks/

mystes
May 31, 2006

spog posted:

Not to piss on your Cheerios, but that powerbank is too large to be carried on a plane.

http://blog.ravpower.com/2017/04/flying-planes-power-banks/
How are you calculating this? Using the formula on that page it seems like it should be just under the limit.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

mystes posted:

How are you calculating this? Using the formula on that page it seems like it should be just under the limit.

28,600 / 1,000 * 3.7 and oh poo poo, I mistyped the numbers on my calculator.

As you say, they are suspiciously just below the limit.

Remember to handcarry them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean, they're likely specifically made to be as close to the limit as you can get. That's not suspicious.