Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 220 days!
My reaction was more along the lines of this confirming that Coyote knew exactly what would happen here, considering Ysengrin's mind goes right to the memory we last saw Coyote thinking about.

poo poo's going to be hitting the fan real quick now :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
I pretended to be food for so long, I forgot I wasn't actually food! Haha! I am so clever!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Don't forget to chew Ysengrin. :ohdear: He's going to get a tummy ache.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gulp

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Coyote's pretty twisted, he would probably enjoy being merged with Ysengrin and watching him go on a murder spree, at least for a while

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001
I do think this is the end of Coyote as an active arbiter of what is done in the forest. I could see him popping up near the end going "and suddenly I remembered I can't die!", but I don't think Tom will have him resolve everything with a bow by the end of this chapter like it's a 70's sit-com.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm wondering how the Court's gonna defend themselves. They've gotta have a contingency plan, and it's probably gonna involve unleashing some pretty crazy forces, given what they've been playing with.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Hodgepodge posted:

My reaction was more along the lines of this confirming that Coyote knew exactly what would happen here, considering Ysengrin's mind goes right to the memory we last saw Coyote thinking about.

poo poo's going to be hitting the fan real quick now :munch:

Yeah, it seems like coyote is using Ysengrin as a Trojan horse to get into the court unnoticed.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 220 days!

MikeJF posted:

I'm wondering how the Court's gonna defend themselves. They've gotta have a contingency plan, and it's probably gonna involve unleashing some pretty crazy forces, given what they've been playing with.

Well I mean, they've got something called "the Omega Device" they've been working on. It probably isn't the last word in home decoration.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Hello coyote, it's me your friend.

You can quit playing dead now.

Please :qq:

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Coyote totally is going to pop out of Ysengrin like an alien at an opportune moment.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

IronDoge posted:

Coyote totally is going to pop out of Ysengrin like an alien at an opportune moment.

Came here to propose a coyote-shaped chestburster.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, it seems like coyote is using Ysengrin as a Trojan horse to get into the court unnoticed.

That's my money right there. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MikeJF posted:

Jones, of course :smugjones:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm going to have a hearty lol if it turns out that the gang hosed up spectacularly by releasing Jeanne.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

act the court hosed up by using something so hosed up to defend themselves

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm going to have a hearty lol if it turns out that the gang hosed up spectacularly by releasing Jeanne.

It's Always Sunny in Gunnerkrigg Court.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Looks like Ysengrin got healed when Coyote transferred his strength over. Look at all that shiny new fur.

also the court is not ready for him right now. I sort of think Eglamore is going to die or maybe get badly wounded here.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

IronDoge posted:

Hettie totally is going to pop out of Renard like an alien at an opportune moment.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Zore posted:

I sort of think Eglamore is going to die or maybe get badly wounded here.

I'm pretty sure Eglamore has to die at some point just so Tom can have a comment on a page focused on Jones that says "That Lady is Eglamore."

Bonus points if that comment is how we find out Eglamore is for sure dead.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Coyote. Good to the very last bite.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Gunnerkrigg Vore-t

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

As it turns out she was probably there for a pretty good reason.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tollymain posted:

you immortalized my typo you motherless gently caress :v

Ugh, fine, I changed it, can I have my mother back now?

EmmyOk posted:

act the court hosed up by using something so hosed up to defend themselves

Yeah, the lesson here seems to be "The Court was wrong to use Jeanne to defend themselves, but they absolutely DID need to defend themselves because the forest is loving terrifying and powerful and now it's coming for them"

Annie should have told somebody that Jeanne was gone so the court could find some other way to protect itself. Yeah she would have been expelled and punished, but the truth was going to come out eventually. Now she's going to be expelled, punished, AND a bunch of people are going to die.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
This is all setting up a new Coyote bursting out chestburster style in 10-15 chapters.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Warmachine posted:

It's Always Sunny in Gunnerkrigg Court.

They didn't expect that Ysengrin is the Wild Card.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 220 days!
The Court in it's present form may not know about Jeanne in the first place.

All she really did was allow the Court to ignore the Forest, which is the problem which lead to all of this in the first place.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Nobody knows what the Court knows. Not even the Court.

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

HEY GUYS DON'T YOU LOVE ANIME?! I LOVE ANIME SO MUCH ESPECIALLY ALL THE PANTY SHOTS AND FAN SERVICE AND MOE MOE MOE! I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!
Wow, this is finally going somewhere. Been reading since the beginning and lately it has just felt like a mess of uninteresting subplots, save for Jeanne, but now things are moving again.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 220 days!

Samuringa posted:

Nobody knows what the Court knows. Not even the Court.

I can neither confirm nor deny this.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Wait, I thought that the court, along with everything else, was Coyote?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

Wait, I thought that the court, along with everything else, was Coyote?

Who knows? Not the court. And certainly not coyote.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Drunk Theory posted:

This is all setting up a new Coyote bursting out chestburster style in 10-15 chapters.

This is actually how Coyote reproduces.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I just wanna see Jones and Ysengrin start trading punches.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Glagha posted:

I just wanna see Jones and Ysengrin start trading punches.

I think there are only three outcomes to that.

In one, Ysengrin becomes raspberry jam atop a pile of toothpicks.
In another, Jones restrains him, perhaps after a subtly-escalating series of events during which Jones is, at no point, at any real disadvantage.
Or Jones just ignores him and Kool-Aid-Mans her way through a wall on her way out.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I was considering also the possibility that Ysengrin tosses Jones out of the Court. She might be arbitrarily strong and completely indestructible but as far as we know she's only somewhat heavier than a person.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

She weighs enough to break through a mattress just by standing on it where a bunch of kids barely make a dent.

Maybe not so heavy for Ultimate Lifeform Ysengrin, but rather a lot heavier than a person.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Coyote's strength was not sufficient to handle Jones even in conjunction with all of Coyote's other powers.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Assuming Ysengrin swallows up Jones like Little Red Riding Hood,

IronDoge posted:

Jones totally is going to pop out of Ysengrin like an alien at an opportune moment.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bongo Bill posted:

Coyote's strength was not sufficient to handle Jones even in conjunction with all of Coyote's other powers.

Jones tells them that "she can take annie if she wants", but then moments later coyote literally freezes time... so I'm not sure how much you can glean from that line, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
That neither want to really find out who's the strongest, considering the possible outcomes.