Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Three of them are similar in colour while the other one obviously isn't. There's a whole bunch of these CDs so it doesn't seem that unlikely you could find a vague match for 3/4 colours.

Speaking as a designer and video editor who works in the media industry for one of the world's largest producers of content... You are insane if you don't think this was directly cribbed from those album covers. It is not a coincidence how perfectly they match up.

However It also doesn't mean poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

They only changed the Chewie colour scheme because if it stayed brown you wouldn't be able to see him.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Oh good, its the "deep and clever" part of the cycle in the ongoing "its bad/its clever" prequel discussion on somethingawful.com.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

i think Palpatine probably went into the fight with Mace knowing Mace intended to kill him (because he’d be a fool not to) but knew Anakin would intervene and thus allow him to realize his plan. but i think it probably wasn’t his plan to get disarmed, face melted and on his rear end like a goober in the process.

he obviously had more fight in him, though shooting force lightning doesn’t seem particularly draining to anyone we see so it, and i’m sure he figured pre-fight if Anakin didn’t turn up he could just win the fight, but i think he was probably wrong about that

like somebody said, palpatine is a evil crafty wizard, he’s a archetypical schemer who succeeds through plotting and manipulation. he killed his master in his sleep, eschews direct action in favor of a rotation of swordsman brute apprentices, and basically loses or (if we’re being generous) draws in the three actual fights we see him in. fully unleashed he seems overpowered by yoda, escaping off a fluke ring out and intervention. against mace he gets disarmed and pinned and his face melted, then he gets bamboozled by vader and thrown down a big hole and basically isn’t able to do anything about it.

i don’t know why everybody is really attached to him also being this unstoppable warrior who can dominate any fight he wants and only loses for 4D chess reasons. seems simplistic

also mace windu is a big dick badass and could only ever be defeated through kung fu treachery, so i don’t know why this is even a discussion

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

If Windu won and killed Palpatine, the dark side still would have triumphed and the Jedi, while they might still exist in name, would be the new darksiders. By the time that fight occurred it was already too late, and the Jedi too corrupted, for any good outcomes. Palpatine won long before then.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

504 posted:

Oh good, its the "deep and clever" part of the cycle in the ongoing "its bad/its clever" prequel discussion on somethingawful.com.

They're good, OP.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I knew that the Last Jedi was going to win Best Picture last night but I never would have guessed that Lucas would show up to present the award.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
three billboards outside Lars farm, tatooine

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 5, 2018

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

moist turtleneck posted:

three billboards outside Lars farm, tatooine

SHOT WHILE BURNING

AND STILL NO ARRESTS?

HOW COME, GOVERNOR TARKIN?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Ingmar terdman posted:

SHOT WHILE BURNING

AND STILL NO ARRESTS?

HOW COME, GOVERNOR TARKIN?

It was actually Moff Grinkh who was in charge of the Tattoine system.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

If it's not in the movies I don't want to hear about it
:goonsay:

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

Actually the Hutts control it

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I found an old storyboard pic from the shape of water

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I don't know why people think Shape of Water is so weird when the fish guy is so handsome.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

The MSJ posted:

I don't know why people think Shape of Water is so weird when the fish guy is so handsome.

I don't know why people think Shape of Water is weird, period.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I just don't know why people think.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I don't know people

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

If Windu won and killed Palpatine, the dark side still would have triumphed and the Jedi, while they might still exist in name, would be the new darksiders. By the time that fight occurred it was already too late, and the Jedi too corrupted, for any good outcomes. Palpatine won long before then.

Pretty much, the only way the Jedi could have won is if Padme, Mothma, and the rest of the senators worked with the Jedi Council to take down Palpatine. This would have required Anakin as he was the Jedi closest to the council and for the council to trust him which wasn't going to happen. The Jedi just keep loving up.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

MrJacobs posted:

Pretty much, the only way the Jedi could have won is if Padme, Mothma, and the rest of the senators worked with the Jedi Council to take down Palpatine. This would have required Anakin as he was the Jedi closest to the council and for the council to trust him which wasn't going to happen. The Jedi just keep loving up.

Mace could have won by throwing away his lightsaber and trusting Anakin. He might have died in the process, but he would have won.

Remember, Palpatine needs Anakin to kill Mace to win that fight. He needs Anakin to turn to destroy the Jedi and seize the Republic.

The Jedi hosed up, but people here are making the same mistake they did and thinking about politics and war and everything but the hero of the film, the literal hand of God.

Remember, the fight happened because Anakin went to Mace when he learned that Palpatine was a Sith. Despite everything, he still trusted the council member who trusted him the least and went straight to him. He doesn't even start to doubt the decision due to Palpatine's promises until after Mace has left him behind. He falls because he kills Mace, an act he cannot take back.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hodgepodge posted:

The Jedi hosed up, but people here are making the same mistake they did and thinking about politics and war and everything but the hero of the film, the literal hand of God.

It's true, Diego Maradona probably could have turned the tide of the Clone Wars.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hodgepodge posted:

Remember, Palpatine needs Anakin to kill Mace to win that fight. He needs Anakin to turn to destroy the Jedi and seize the Republic.

How so? What role does Anakin play in destroying the Jedi? What vital role does Anakin play in the new government?

Anakin does grunt work for Sheev; killing kids and unarmed diplomats. The first time he faces a serious threat he gets chopped into pieces.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Spoilers for the finale of Rebels.

-Ezra and Thrawn have flown off into the unknown and no one have seen them even after ROTJ.

-Rex and Hera were at The Battle of Endor, so that bearded soldier from ROTJ was probably Rex.

-Hera and Kanan have a son together named Jacen.

-Ahsoka is alive after ROTJ.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

sassassin posted:

How so? What role does Anakin play in destroying the Jedi? What vital role does Anakin play in the new government?

Anakin does grunt work for Sheev; killing kids and unarmed diplomats. The first time he faces a serious threat he gets chopped into pieces.

He also lead the Clone Troopers in the assault against the Jedi Temple. I assume he killed more than just kids in the process as you see briefly here in the hologram footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys6ezfVkUN8

And he killed the leadership of the Separatist movement.

He also went on to be Darth Vader, who was pretty important in the Empire, considering he could get away with Force choking higher ups with zero consequence, and command Star Destroyers and one Super Star Destroyer.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

sassassin posted:

Long term, he hunts down the Jedi that weren't killed in the initial ambush and suppresses the ones that went into hiding. Short term, he draws Obi-Wan away so that Yoda has to fight Sheev one-on-one, saving the Emperor's life at a critical moment.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
What the film shows is that important Jedi are shot in the back or cut down by Sheev, while Anakin kills some kids and helpless dignitaries.

The Senate readily accepts Sheev as their new Emperor following the failed Jedi assassination attempt. Anakin plays no part in seizing that throne (except telling the Jedi about the confession to lead them into a trap, I guess). He merely ties up loose ends, and does a spectacularly poor job of it, letting Obi-Wan, his children, his lightsaber and his legs get away from him for years.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 6, 2018

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

thrawn527 posted:

He also went on to be Darth Vader, who was pretty important in the Empire, considering he could get away with Force choking higher ups with zero consequence, and command Star Destroyers and one Super Star Destroyer.

He was a disruptive influence and was reported to HR many times.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

sassassin posted:

He was a disruptive influence and was reported to HR many times.

And escalates to choking people to death in the following movie. The entire Imperial military reports to him, and under his leadership, he tracks down the Rebels on Hoth and destroys their base. Yes, most of the Rebels escape, but that was due to the mistake of an Admiral, whom Vader murders as punishment.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 6, 2018

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Snoke could have caught the rebel fleet if Kylo didn't bust up another server room in a fit of impotent rage

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

moist turtleneck posted:

Snoke could have caught the rebel fleet if Kylo didn't bust up another server room in a fit of impotent rage

I'm Pablo Higaldo and this is now canon

edit: GOON PROJECT: let's pool some money and send SMG to this

https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/join-laura-dern-star-wars-director-rian-johnson-for-1405908

Ingmar terdman fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 6, 2018

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

sassassin posted:

What the film shows is that important Jedi are shot in the back or cut down by Sheev, while Anakin kills some kids and helpless dignitaries.

The Senate readily accepts Sheev as their new Emperor following the failed Jedi assassination attempt. Anakin plays no part in seizing that throne (except telling the Jedi about the confession to lead them into a trap, I guess). He merely ties up loose ends, and does a spectacularly poor job of it, letting Obi-Wan, his children, his lightsaber and his legs get away from him for years.

What the film shows is that Anakin's mere alignment with Sheev costs the Jedi their chance at stopping him - first in the office with Mace, and later when Yoda has to fight him alone. He doesn't even have to do anything, just be there.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Time to edit the canon part of Luke's Wookiepedia page again.

https://twitter.com/artooluke/status/970676765516599300

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

The MSJ posted:

Spoilers for the finale of Rebels.

-Ezra and Thrawn have flown off into the unknown and no one have seen them even after ROTJ.

-Rex and Hera were at The Battle of Endor, so that bearded soldier from ROTJ was probably Rex.

-Hera and Kanan have a son together named Jacen.

-Ahsoka is alive after ROTJ.

Didn't know Ezra and Thrawn were an item

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

UmOk posted:

They found they both shared a passion for tentacle hentai.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

UmOk posted:

Thrawn could do better.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Time to edit the canon part of Luke's Wookiepedia page again.

https://twitter.com/artooluke/status/970676765516599300

All previous Force ghosts leave behind their robes. All previous Force ghosts have robes as ghosts. This implies that they have chosen to be seen as wearing robes. Ergo Luke is going to be nude in Episode IX

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Ingmar terdman posted:

All previous Force ghosts leave behind their robes. All previous Force ghosts have robes as ghosts. This implies that they have chosen to be seen as wearing robes. Ergo Luke is going to be nude in Episode IX

Anakin didn't.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

MrJacobs posted:

Anakin didn't.

Anakin disappeared and left his Vader suit. Also, when he was put in the suit there were bits of his robe melted into his flesh that they just left those presumably stayed and burned on the pyre too.

Unless you mean Anakin was nude at the ewok party and if so I need your copy of the special edition

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Ingmar terdman posted:

Anakin disappeared and left his Vader suit. Also, when he was put in the suit there were bits of his robe melted into his flesh that they just left those presumably stayed and burned on the pyre too.

Unless you mean Anakin was nude at the ewok party and if so I need your copy of the special edition

no he was a full corpse luke draggged onto shuttle, he didn't disappear unless they changed that on the blu-ray release.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Hodgepodge posted:

Mace could have won by throwing away his lightsaber and trusting Anakin. He might have died in the process, but he would have won.

Remember, the fight happened because Anakin went to Mace when he learned that Palpatine was a Sith. Despite everything, he still trusted the council member who trusted him the least and went straight to him. He doesn't even start to doubt the decision due to Palpatine's promises until after Mace has left him behind. He falls because he kills Mace, an act he cannot take back.

even through his doubt he gives mace plenty of chances to be better. but mace is so blinded by his hatred for palpatine and his attachment to the republic he fell to the dark side.

from anakin's point of view the jedi were evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
anakin is literally the one jedi who is like 'yo killing people is wrong'

literally the only member of the order who is willing to stand by his ideals