Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Manatee Cannon posted:

mineta the traitor will get an entire arc focused entirely on himself after the reveal. that's the part where you feel bad
A multi-chapter flashback revisiting every off-color remark he's made in the entire series so far and how he takes advantage of everyone doing their best to ignore him after each one to perform espionage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mineta will be the traitor if only for one reason; the traitor is always cool. Aizen and Sasuke are his idols.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Everybody is the traitor except for Ochako

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Terper posted:

yeah all those sincere theories with amazing evidence such as "is invisible"

No, like actual evidence. For example:

During the USJ attack, when everyone's location was a known quantity Hagakure and Aoyama were left as mysteries. She claimed to be warped to the same spot as Todoroki by Black Mist. Absolutely nothing corroborates this and in fact everything else contradicts it. Todoroki threw out his ice the instant he was warped, so if she went with him then she'd have been hit as well and Todoroki realised that when she made the claim. Plus everyone was warped in groups based on where they were standing at the time, and she was nowhere near Todoroki, because she was right upfront by Thirteen where the people who weren't warped at all were. She also somehow knew exactly where Ojiro was despite that not being anywhere near where Todoroki ended up and claimed that he was alone. So, Hagakure clearly lied about her location, but why? It has literally no benefit whatsoever and she somehow knew information that she couldn't if she didn't get warped to the same spot as Ojiro (which was conspicuously not shown when everyone else was).

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Dragonatrix posted:

No, like actual evidence. For example:

During the USJ attack, when everyone's location was a known quantity Hagakure and Aoyama were left as mysteries. She claimed to be warped to the same spot as Todoroki by Black Mist. Absolutely nothing corroborates this and in fact everything else contradicts it. Todoroki threw out his ice the instant he was warped, so if she went with him then she'd have been hit as well and Todoroki realised that when she made the claim. Plus everyone was warped in groups based on where they were standing at the time, and she was nowhere near Todoroki, because she was right upfront by Thirteen where the people who weren't warped at all were. She also somehow knew exactly where Ojiro was despite that not being anywhere near where Todoroki ended up and claimed that he was alone. So, Hagakure clearly lied about her location, but why? It has literally no benefit whatsoever and she somehow knew information that she couldn't if she didn't get warped to the same spot as Ojiro (which was conspicuously not shown when everyone else was).

I'm not sure I get this. If she was standing where the people who weren't warped anywhere were, why would she know where Ojiro was even if she was the traitor? It's not like they had a plan on which students would go where, or Tsu wouldn't have ended up in the water area.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Hagekure somehow was where Todoroki was but also compliments Ojiro for fighting alone in a completely different zone like she saw it somehow. It could just be translation issues.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Or maybe people talked about it and she heard he was by himself? Crazy idea, I know.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Or maybe her quirk isn't invisibility.

Maybe it's being in two places at once. Like Twice.

(Hagakure is also one of the lesser developed 1A students though, which is another potential hint to her status as TRAITOR)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

sugerman and... uh, animal guy are actually her stands

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Rhonne posted:

Boku no Mina Academia.

Mina no Hero Academia

TRANSLATOR'S NOTE: Mina means everyone.

Get outta here with your self-centeredness, Deku

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
put it back! put it back! :cry:

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

why would you post this, what is wrong with you

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Yooooo, I can't stop laughing.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

SpacePig posted:

As much as I'd like him to leave, there has to be some sort of emotional resonance with a plot device like this. So I hope it's someone we like so I can feel bad when they were the spy the whole time.

the traitor was deku's shoe this whole time

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

fractalairduct posted:

the traitor was deku's shoe this whole time

That's just it's disguise.

The real traitor is Deku's Other Shoe.

Jealous at all the attention and popularity Deku's Shoe has gotten.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Everyone is a traitor except Mina. The rest of the manga is an Alien Queen revenge story.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I binge-watched the anime up through season 2, and in anticipation of season 3 coming out soon, read the manga from the point the anime left out on. Is there any pressing reason to read all of what I've seen in the anime?

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
The artwork is fantastic, especially Shigaraki. Besides that, I wouldn't say you're missing much picking up at the end of the anime.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

bare bottom pancakes posted:

The artwork is fantastic, especially Shigaraki. Besides that, I wouldn't say you're missing much picking up at the end of the anime.

That's pretty much what I figured. The artwork can be dope but every time there's an intense scene it just makes me wish it was animated already; possibly one of the downsides of diving into the anime before the manga.

Also, re: traitor chat: whoever it is, if it does turn out to be someone from 1-A, I feel like there is indeed a good chance Shinso will replace him or her. He's gotten more focus than most of 1-B's students, so he's definitely got to have some sort of development coming his way, somewhat like how Hatsume also had more focus during the sports festival arc and ended up aiding 1-A in costume development, as well as appearing again in preparation for the cultural festival. Plus, he has the motive of wanting to be a hero despite being told his Quirk is very much suited for villains, and MHA just loves people having valiant motives.

symbolic fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Mar 6, 2018

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

bare bottom pancakes posted:

Oh yeah, as great as the anime can be, it doesn't do some things like Shigaraki's creepiest moments justice, his arrival at USJ being perhaps the most obvious.

symbolic posted:

Also, re: traitor chat: whoever it is, if it does turn out to be someone from 1-A, I feel like there is indeed a good chance Shinso will replace him or her. He's gotten more focus than most of 1-B's students, so he's definitely got to have some sort of development coming his way, somewhat like how Hatsume also had more focus during the sports festival arc and ended up aiding 1-A in costume development, as well as appearing again in preparation for the cultural festival. Plus, he has the motive of wanting to be a hero despite being told his Quirk is very much suited for villains, and MHA just loves people having valiant motives.

Oh yeah, definitely; jhe's getting more screentime for a reason, it'd be very appropriate to replace a villain who was pretending to be a hero with a hero who wasn't given a fair chance and was told he was more like a villain.

Which is good, because I like him a lot. He's great.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I hope it's someone cool that we like so it sucks when they're a traitor rather than "phew it was this underdeveloped character/character who kind of sucks"

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I hope it's someone that I can look back and say "well, I guess I can sorta see it" but that's a long shot.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It's Froppy. I knew there was something untrustworthy about her.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Don't you dare accuse Froppy of any unscrupulous activity

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Don't you dare accuse Froppy of any unscrupulous activity

Yeah Froppy would need a character to have motivation enough to be the traitor!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah Froppy would need a character to have motivation enough to be the traitor!

:thunk:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Is there a good way to make an official Traitor Betting Pool? I'd actually like to see a survey on that.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The real traitor was the friends we made along the way.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Jokes on you, I didn't make any friends so there is no traitor! :smug:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Oh it better loving not be.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Iida got so into playing the villain that one time at the beginning of the series that it created a split personality that became the traitor.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Iida got so into playing the villain that one time at the beginning of the series that it created a split personality that became the traitor.

his "I am quite evil now" line never did get retracted, huh. case closed, lock him up

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The real traitors are anyone who believes anyone from 1-A has it in them to try to kill everyone in 1-A and 1-B, not to mention a handful of pro heroes. Shame on you all, shame on you.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Your avatar is beautiful

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Your avatar is beautiful

I burst out laughing when I saw it in the manga and knew right away I needed it as an av somewhere. Mina's been my favorite character since the anime, and the manga has only made me like her even more. The world needs a bit more Alien Queen sometimes.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

EponymousMrYar posted:

Or maybe her quirk isn't invisibility.

Maybe it's being in two places at once. Like Twice.
Her quirk's light refraction.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
What if the reason why Hagakure never lets down her refraction is because she's actually revoltingly ugly, like Quasimodo?

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I don't see how that would make her a villain?

I mean, I'm revoltingly ugly, like Quasimodo, but I'm an upstanding (if useless) citizen (who'd turn invisible in a heartbeat, if I could).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

EimiYoshikawa posted:

I mean, I'm revoltingly ugly, like Quasimodo, but I'm an upstanding (if useless) citizen (who'd turn invisible in a heartbeat, if I could).

:same: