Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ultrafilter posted:

Everyone even tangentially involved in the Arnold strongman contest is on steroids.

Oh I was wondering why the caterers were so angry. I asked for gluten free and got roidraged like you wouldn't believe . :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Say Nothing posted:

For this contest he hired pro bodybuilder and powerlifting record holder Stan 'The Rhino' Efferding for diet and nutrition advice.

This guy.

I think he was a good choice, he also worked with 2nd place finisher Brian Shaw.

I hope he went to someone else for tanning advice.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

doverhog posted:

I'm a fitness hobbyist at best, but still that guy in that picture is on steroids, in case you didn't know.

I mean, are you sure?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Istari posted:

I hope he went to someone else for tanning advice.

So my friend did bodybuilding and that fake tan is a thing. Apparently it's to increase definition, and it almost universally gets done like poo poo.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

This is half-remembered knowledge at best, but it's not actually meant to look like a realistic tan, is it? It's just slathered on because as you said it increases definition under the stage lighting.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Yeah they don't walk around in it. Just one stage. It's on purpose.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Why don't they go for broke and coat themselves in chrome paint?

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Solice Kirsk posted:

Why don't they go for broke and coat themselves in chrome paint?

no shadowd

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Wasabi the J posted:

So my friend did bodybuilding and that fake tan is a thing. Apparently it's to increase definition, and it almost universally gets done like poo poo.

A buddy I know used to do pro-wrestling (until he hosed up his back real good) and he used to post fake tanning tips for the other wrestlers on Facebook fairly often. He had some system for applying fake tan to his own back using a plastic bag which he absolutely swore by. It was hilarious watching a bunch of gigantic, heavily muscled dudebros who regularly beat the poo poo out of each other with cricket bats wrapped in barbed wire giving each other makeup tips.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I just remembered this one:

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Solice Kirsk posted:

I just remembered this one:

adios, escuela

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A buddy I know used to do pro-wrestling (until he hosed up his back real good) and he used to post fake tanning tips for the other wrestlers on Facebook fairly often. He had some system for applying fake tan to his own back using a plastic bag which he absolutely swore by. It was hilarious watching a bunch of gigantic, heavily muscled dudebros who regularly beat the poo poo out of each other with cricket bats wrapped in barbed wire giving each other makeup tips.

Pro wrestling is basically improv gymnastics theater.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ladron posted:

I know, the resemblance is uncanny

2 pages back but I chuckled

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Actually, is lifting the puck like that a legal move in hockey? Crazy idea for a feel good sports movie about a lacrosse player in the NHL.

It’s legal, but any halfway decent defender just taps your stick once or checks you

This is not in fact legal

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ultrafilter posted:

Everyone even tangentially involved in the Arnold strongman contest is on steroids.

Who gives a gently caress lol

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Indeed.

This, however, is completely legal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7rKG40bx68

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

This could've gone way worse. As it happened, it was good fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QZ5In6P-A4&t=505s

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
That guy is a loving moron, and I'm glad he got brought up on explosives charges.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

"Poking the molten salt with an icicle"
:stonk:

Holy poo poo he does the first one with a shovel then decided it was safe enough to do by hand

I'm speechless

Comrade Blyatlov has a new favorite as of 16:08 on Mar 9, 2018

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Quick, someone get me my pearl necklace, there's clutching to be done!

This is the Bad rear end thread isn't it? Dude didn't even lose any chesthair or eyebrows for chissakes.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

That wasn't badass it was just goddamn stupid. Like the lithium glass kid. At least he had the sense to do it on dirt I guess.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

That wasn't badass it was just goddamn stupid.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Can someone tell me what the worst case scenario of dropping frozen water into liquid hot salt was? Was it splashing molten salt everywhere? Because it seemed like he knew that.

You all sound like the person that told the first guy that invented fireworks that it was stupid and unsafe.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Can someone tell me what the worst case scenario of dropping frozen water into liquid hot salt was?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYCXDUt2m8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78CBUcGtfOs

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

One of those videos linked to this:
https://youtu.be/PDRWQUUUCF0

Basically the worst case scenario was a steam explosion sending molten salt everywhere yeah. I guess it's not the dumbest thing in the world but its absolutely not something to gently caress with in my opinion. Nothing to see here folks carry on.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Smaller scale badassery, but my high school astronomy teacher is going to be hiking, kayaking, and swimming 180 miles from Sanford to Jacksonville over spring break to show the path of a raindrop as it makes its way to the Atlantic.

In 2010, he built a contraption to ride his racing bike in his classroom and rode for 7 hours straight (stopping only to go to the bathroom) to raise money for the American Diabetes Association and talk about the physics of bicycling. He also likes to end the school year for his class by setting up a DJ booth with lasers transmitting sound.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

chitoryu12 posted:

Smaller scale badassery, but my high school astronomy teacher is going to be hiking, kayaking, and swimming 180 miles from Sanford to Jacksonville over spring break to show the path of a raindrop as it makes its way to the Atlantic.

In 2010, he built a contraption to ride his racing bike in his classroom and rode for 7 hours straight (stopping only to go to the bathroom) to raise money for the American Diabetes Association and talk about the physics of bicycling. He also likes to end the school year for his class by setting up a DJ booth with lasers transmitting sound.

sounds like a :krad: dude

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

my high school physics teacher admitted to us on the first day that she wasnt very good at physics. i guess what is badass is that i never ended up becoming a meth dealer despite attending my crappy high school.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

my high school physics teacher admitted to us on the first day that she wasnt very good at physics. i guess what is badass is that i never ended up becoming a meth dealer despite attending my crappy high school.

Well, she probably didn't do anything that might be considered unsafe. So, badass?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

jumping spiders are badass

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

In 9th grade we were called to a schoolwide assembly in the big amphitheater for a movie about recycling and energy conservation or something like that. A really boring movie that felt like it was from the 50s started playing on a huge screen. Everyone was immediately bored out of their minds until the screen split in the middle and smoke machines, strobe lights and lasers started going off. The screen opened up to reveal a rock band who did a full set of songs about nuclear energy and conservation or something like that, it’s been a long time.

Kind of badass for an assembly and one of the weirder things that happened at school.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
Arnold strongman classic was last weekend. One of the events was to try to get a 410 lb river rock from the floor to the shoulder.

Here' 4x world's strongest man Brian Shaw attempting to do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC8sm9h8lGw&t=1623s

And here's the winner:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABuEi24erEQ

For reference, 2nd place got the stone to their shoulder ONCE.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Snowy posted:

In 9th grade we were called to a schoolwide assembly in the big amphitheater for a movie about recycling and energy conservation or something like that. A really boring movie that felt like it was from the 50s started playing on a huge screen. Everyone was immediately bored out of their minds until the screen split in the middle and smoke machines, strobe lights and lasers started going off. The screen opened up to reveal a rock band who did a full set of songs about nuclear energy and conservation or something like that, it’s been a long time.

Kind of badass for an assembly and one of the weirder things that happened at school.
Jeez all I got was some motivational speaking rear end in a top hat come in to do a one-man suicide prevention monologue, because I was visibly suicidal and no one actually wanted to talk to me. I remember how self-satisfied my teachers looked watching me leave.

It made things worse.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Snowy posted:

Once a year in Australia, primary school children get locked inside a window-less van with a giraffe puppet you teaches them about drugs and cyberbullying.

It's pretty much the highlight of the school year.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Istari posted:

Once a year in Australia, primary school children get locked inside a window-less van with a giraffe puppet

today I found out I've been freelancing as an australian

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zAhQvEm_FI

I'm really shocked how he got the Santana sound without actually knowing the dang song.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
This manages to be the most bad rear end thing and the dumbest thing at the same time. I want one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2coyDi7kMNY

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Pingiivi posted:

This manages to be the most bad rear end thing and the dumbest thing at the same time. I want one.

Hi 15 year old.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Pingiivi posted:

I couldn't help but notice he didn't cut or chop anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Fuckin' lol @ anyone who uses the acronym "EDC".