Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Can't you claim the costs of a wireless modem (or whatever you buy as a temporary replacement in order to access the internet) from your provider if they gently caress up your internet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

JBP posted:

Because he's pissed. It's Australian content.

There's a thread title somewhere in there.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Minister for Women Kelly O'Dwyer has warned the "me too" movement could "silence the very women it wants to help".
In her first significant speech since taking on the portfolio, Ms O'Dwyer said the global movement - which began with sexual assault allegations against Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein and generated investigations into several high-profile Australians - had sent a message on the need to end harassment.
"But as the 'me too' movement continues to sweep the world, we need to think about the implications - both good and bad - that come with the airing of allegations in a public forum," she said in a speech ahead of International Women's Day on Thursday.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

gay picnic defence posted:

Minister for Women Kelly O'Dwyer has warned the "me too" movement could "silence the very women it wants to help".
In her first significant speech since taking on the portfolio, Ms O'Dwyer said the global movement - which began with sexual assault allegations against Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein and generated investigations into several high-profile Australians - had sent a message on the need to end harassment.
"But as the 'me too' movement continues to sweep the world, we need to think about the implications - both good and bad - that come with the airing of allegations in a public forum," she said in a speech ahead of International Women's Day on Thursday.

:thunk:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Did she elaborate on those implications at all?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Knorth posted:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Knorth posted:

for example, destroying the national party, which is [checks notes] bad?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It took less than 280 characters for Queensland's Liberal National Party to mock the state's farmers.

Opposition Leader Deb Frecklington was on Tuesday forced to defend the LNP's commitment to their regional voting base after her party posted a tweet teasing them.

A group of farmers rallied outside Queensland Parliament House a day earlier to highlight their concerns about the Adani coal mine.

In response to the protest the LNP's official account tweeted "What do these people farm? Soy lattes?"

Asked on Tuesday whether that was appropriate, Ms Frecklington said she wasn't aware of the online jibe.

Hours later she told reporters it had been taken down.

"I dont think any tweets put up in bad taste should be for public viewing," she said.

Katter's Australian Party MP Robbie Katter, who represents the regional electorate of Traeger centred on Mt Isa, said many farmers shared concerns over the impact resource exploration could have on their land.

"I think it's quite insensitive to be casting them off, because I know personally there are a handful out there who are pretty ticked off about mining development," Mr Katter said.

"I think there's a lot of rehearsed lines that come out of the major parties they're not proud of, and that perhaps is one of them."

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I live in her electorate (Higgins) and got a letter in the mail today announcing a new mobile CCTV van that's going to roam the suburbs and keep us all safe.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

ewe2 posted:

Congratulations to the Tasmanian public on their skill in picking this idiot again.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Eat poo poo you inbred fuckos enjoy another billion years of liberal government because you got wooed by the loving pokies

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos the Greens Kodos.

The whole pokies thing was pushed as an employment thing (i.e. destroying jobs by taking the pokies away), which is probably a sore spot for a lot of the non-Hobart areas.

A lot of the anti-Greens sentiments down here could probably be ascribed to "drat Greenies trying to destroy the mining/logging/whatever jobs".

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Bill Shorten’s hardening indifference to Adani’s proposed coal mine has unnerved his Queensland colleagues, who fear there will be a regional backlash for the ALP if they can’t promise jobs on top of jobs for FIFO workers from out of state.

Speaking to inner-Melbourne constituents today, Mr Shorten today threw out another position on the $16 billion Adani mine, saying: “I don’t support it because it doesn’t add up commercially and environmentally. It is the same project, it’s the same proposition – just I’m having to talk to environmentalists in Victoria right now, and this is what I’ve decided to say”

The Opposition Leader’s position on the mine has previously been less strident.

Even today, during a media conference alongside South Australian Premier Jay Weatherill, Mr Shorten offered an alternative, more nuanced view.

Pressed by a reporter on what shadow cabinet’s policy was on the Carmichael mine, he replied: “I have been through it time and time again and what I would like to say about this particular issue that has the potential to become a policy that actually sets the Labor party apart from the current government, is…”

“gently caress, I mean, um, the thing with Adani is, wait sorry who’s asking this question?”

“Where are you from mate?”

After being informed that the question was directed to him by a random journalist from Adelaide, Shorten said he’s not sure why he’s being asked this by someone who should be focusing on the very real issues facing his home state.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

https://www.uber.com/newsroom/uber-health/

Lmao can't wait for the Ambulance to show up in a Suzuki Swift and get the directions to the Hospital wrong in 2030.

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School

Can't you claim the costs of a wireless modem (or whatever you buy as a temporary replacement in order to access the internet) from your provider if they gently caress up your internet?

You probably can actually, under consumer law, but there's every chance you'll have to go to small claims over it.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Elissimpark posted:

A lot of the anti-Greens sentiments down here could probably be ascribed to "drat Greenies trying to destroy the mining/logging/whatever jobs".

what are you doing to counter those sentiments?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Anidav posted:

Lmao can't wait for the Ambulance to show up in a Suzuki Swift and get the directions to the Hospital wrong in 2030.

The Agile Economy™

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Solemn Sloth posted:

Eat poo poo you inbred fuckos enjoy another billion years of liberal government because you got wooed by the loving pokies

My favourite thing about working in public housing in Tasmania is knowing the tenants constantly vote to gently caress themselves and ruin their own lives.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Why is TPG bad? I've been with them for a while and haven't seen any interruptions or anything

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-06/uber-x-drivers-working-for-half-the-minimum-wage/9513250

quote:

Australians driving for Uber's most popular low-cost service, Uber X, are earning about half the statutory minimum wage for transport workers, according to a new report.
The union-backed Australia Institute's Centre for Future Work has calculated that the average income of the ridesharing service's drivers working in six Australian cities is less than $15 an hour.
This compares with about $30 an hour for casual drivers working under the relevant statutory award, according to the centre's director, economist Jim Stanford.

Uber calls its drivers "driver-partners" and regards them as independent contractors.
Last December the Fair Work Commission agreed, ruling that Uber drivers are not employees.

Low pay also encourages drivers to work long hours, challenging ridesharing companies to manage driver fatigue.
Last year a man was killed in Sydney's CBD after being hit by a bus after getting out of an Uber.
The Uber driver, Nazrul Islam, has pleaded not guilty to a charge of negligent driving occasioning death.
He had reportedly been driving for 21 hours without a substantial break.
Uber now forces drivers to log off its app for six hours after every 12 hours.
That still enables drivers to drive for 18 hours out of every 24.
The entry into the Australian market of Uber competitors such as Taxify and Ola intensifies the challenge of managing driver fatigue, according Ms Kariotakis.
"There's nothing stopping those drivers driving 12 hours on Uber, logging onto Taxify, driving another six hours straight … driving another six hours," she said.
"They could drive 24 hours a day if they wanted to."

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Anidav posted:

Oh my god

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Welp, after turning into clickbaity trash it looks like ABC has gone full Murdoch and is now just copy/pasting full articles from the Herald Sun. Un-fact-checked full union bashing articles.

Imagine having some dickhead describe your weekends as “annual leave.”

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-...lnews_melbourne

Dude McAwesome fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Mar 6, 2018

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Dude McAwesome posted:

Welp, after turning into clickbaity trash it looks like ABC has gone full Murdoch and is now just copy/pasting full articles from the Herald Sun. Un-fact-checked full union bashing articles.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-06/mfb-firefighters-enterprise-agreement-report-daniel-andrews/

Sad about aunty, she's never been the same since she fell on her head.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Dude McAwesome posted:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-06/mfb-firefighters-enterprise-agreement-report-daniel-andrews/

"Sorry page not found "

?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

The Agile Economy™

Died of blood loss, 1 star.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

iajanus posted:

"Sorry page not found "

?

Fixed the link. Sorry about that. Phoneposting.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Why do the left hate indigenous kids?

Endman
May 18, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Why do the left hate indigenous kids?

Warren Mundine represents a great victory for equality in Australia.

Finally, indigenous kids can know that being an idiot isn't exclusively for white people.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Endman posted:

Finally, indigenous kids can know that being an idiot isn't exclusively for white people.

But why do you hate indigenous kids? Do you want them to be in danger?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Endman posted:

HIRE👏MORE👏WOMEN👏GUARDS👏

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I would post the article but its the weakest poo poo. It literally revolves around Saul Alinsky quotes.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Endman posted:

Oh my god

I know right? How is this legal lmao

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Anidav posted:

I know right? How is this legal lmao

They're partnered with healthcare in the same way as G4S and various other criminal organisations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hooman posted:

Sad about aunty, she's never been the same since she fell on her head.

Dementia is unkind to everybody.

A grim reaper wearing a rubber prosthetic Murdoch mask is watching her with a shotgun, waiting for the right time. An IPA member following behind from a respectful distance is his gun caddy.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/parnellpalme/status/970932239709102085

https://twitter.com/FredPawle/status/970925652781121537

the saddest hashtag

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Begun, the Twitter Wars have.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I feel a little left out that we don't have a C-SPAM thread that I know of, but then again, it'd either be redundant or, knowing us, horrifying.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/Asher_Wolf/status/970933918961606656

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm massively unpopular, therefore I'm correct

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Inescapable Duck posted:

I feel a little left out that we don't have a C-SPAM thread that I know of, but then again, it'd either be redundant or, knowing us, horrifying.

Eh, this thread is essentially C-SPAM-lite.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I think i pissed off asher wolf somehow enough to doxx me and then delete the tweet history so idk I think it's been a good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

iajanus posted:

I think i pissed off asher wolf somehow enough to doxx me and then delete the tweet history so idk I think it's been a good day.

It doesn't really take all that much to set her off, she's a victim complex wrapped in the thinnest of skins who looks like she was 3D printed from Tumblr

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 6, 2018

• Locked thread