Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i am a giant fan of taliyah and if i ever played mid lane she would be my go to. i occasionally take her top but it is not that hot... with that said though shouts out to auereliroeoyn sol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

taliyah vs veigar mid is a pretty good allegory for the palestinian occupation

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Zilean* not Veigar

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Monathin posted:

it can be two things and also saying "it can't be that hard" about anything related to game development let alone a game that has some sort of constantly on component like MOBAs/MMOs prove you know gently caress And All about this poo poo

e: like seriously it does not take a rocket scientist to understand that silhouette/particle readability is a huge issue in any game in which you have a cast that is meant to have some sort of basic "easy to identify as x" visual cues like most online multiplayer games try to do

Of course it's more complicated you jackass. It cannot be that hard to conceptualize/create a skin for a champion that is not Ahri, Miss Fortune, Ezreal, or Lux. They've done it plenty of times in the past and they probably should explore other characters that are not them! It has gently caress and All to do with visual readability so much as $$$

I'm not buying "readability" and "it's hard to make particle effects" as the principle reason they're releasing Thirty Dollar Miss Fortune when it took eight loving years it took to make Beekeeper Singed

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Servaetes posted:

Of course it's more complicated you jackass. It cannot be that hard to conceptualize/create a skin for a champion that is not Ahri, Miss Fortune, Ezreal, or Lux. They've done it plenty of times in the past and they probably should explore other characters that are not them! It has gently caress and All to do with visual readability so much as $$$

I'm not buying "readability" and "it's hard to make particle effects" as the principle reason they're releasing Thirty Dollar Miss Fortune when it took eight loving years it took to make Beekeeper Singed

im sorry you hate money

strong bird
May 12, 2009

yeah lemme drop 30 bones for bald old man but hes pooping out a different color instead of Capri Sun Miss Fortune w/ Gun and you can look at her giant hangers during the 9 minute load screen

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

What the hell how does it take you nine loving minutes to load in a game in 2018

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Servaetes posted:

What the hell how does it take you nine loving minutes to load in a game in 2018

It's custom made so he can look at PG rated splash art tiddies for nine minutes

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Servaetes posted:

ask the ppl running this game ostensibly on graphing calculators or those calculator wristwatches from radio shack

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

all i know about taliyah is her designer called people racist for saying she needed buffs

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Servaetes posted:

i load very quickly thanks to my powerful components, but riot games llc has opted to port the game to the Enigma machine which is apparently still in use around the world

strong bird fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Mar 6, 2018

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Servaetes posted:

I'm going to have to agree to this. They keep making GBS threads out these skins and I'm never excited for any of them because I already own one or two for each of them via mystery gifts or skin shards.

It's becoming so common for them to release new skins for these champions that there is no "wow factor" or surprise, and I just go "oh another Ahri skin :geno:" when I look at every other week's skin contributions.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Servaetes posted:

hey, check this out, i am going to do a skin concept for quinn. ready? patriot quinn. she is dressed up in the colours of the american flag and has an eagle. now watch me do one for taliyah. are you ready? magma taliyah. is it just an elemental version of taliyah? yes. but i do not see riot coming up with more ideas. these skins are not hard to come up with, riot is just not putting in the effort. it took me 3 minutes to come up with those ideas.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

aztec taliyah. shes already brown and her sleeves could be bird wings. her rocks are obsidian.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

gently caress they can just make a skarner that looks like a real scorpion. There's an easy skin right there.

But skarner doesn't have tits so Riot won't do it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think they've said before the skins team just makes the skins they want now, so that's why some champions get 10 skins a year and some champions get 1 skin in 10 years. Some initiative to get "high quality skins" out of the team because they're more passionate about what they're working on

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

pog boyfriend posted:

hey, check this out, i am going to do a skin concept for quinn. ready? patriot quinn. she is dressed up in the colours of the american flag and has an eagle. now watch me do one for taliyah. are you ready? magma taliyah. is it just an elemental version of taliyah? yes. but i do not see riot coming up with more ideas. these skins are not hard to come up with, riot is just not putting in the effort. it took me 3 minutes to come up with those ideas.

Okay I hear you, but how about we take that Quinn idea and expand on it by scrapping Quinn and going with All American Ezreal where he shoots bald eagles instead of Qs and has an Uncle Sam outfit, minus the hat. We want him to still have an easily identifiable silhouette. Oh and his E makes an eagle caw.

I think we could also refine that Taliyah idea into a second fire Ahri skin but that's just my thoughts at the moment, maybe we can discuss that idea a little later in more detail

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 6, 2018

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I got the final boss veigar skin and I now am enjoying the Veigar experience.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

duck trucker posted:

gently caress they can just make a skarner that looks like a real scorpion. There's an easy skin right there.

??? https://youtu.be/NfTZK5tWtMU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

duck trucker posted:

Or, hear me out here, they could make a Skarner skin that has tits.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a malphite skin where he's made of paper and his body has

"HEIMERDINGER!" roared Malphite. "I MUST gently caress YOUR rear end."

written on it.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

since their economy is based off people buying skins its a pretty huge misstep that there are heroes in this game without giant, heaving tits.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

*Phreak turns around, his hands on his hips. He tries but can't contain the smile on his face. The camera pans out to reveal he is not wearing pants. His flaccid member dangles between his legs. He opens his mouth to say,

"Tons of cleavage."

The live audience in the NALCS studios starts booing and throwing cabbages*

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Phreak spills into the NALCS studio with the same tenacity that he spills into his tight jeans - both taxed to contain him.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

RealFoxy posted:

I think they've said before the skins team just makes the skins they want now, so that's why some champions get 10 skins a year and some champions get 1 skin in 10 years. Some initiative to get "high quality skins" out of the team because they're more passionate about what they're working on

Somehow it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that the skin team is all about the pirate titty

(I'm glad for this, I'm the target audience because I have like 7 MF skins already :shepface: )

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I play a lot of MF but I also have her Arcade skin so the odds of me buying another MF skin is roughly zero.

Good Sivir skin when?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I hate that they keep making skins for the same 4 champions and I think we should boycut the big boob anime skin industry

Right after I buy Super Mech MF

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Endorph posted:

all i know about taliyah is her designer called people racist for saying she needed buffs

i gotta have a link to this

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
also i hope this becomes real

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the strand and the bulkiness of it make it read way too close to maokai imo

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
lmao I've lost 12 of my last 14 ranked games ama

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Vermain posted:

Taliyah's been one of the most popular midlaners worldwide since her release, but she's just getting a new skin (the SSG one, and even that's a bit up in the air) in 2018, two years after her release. The reason's because her silhouette requires those long, flowing sleeves and rock or rock-like particles to make her instantly readable as Taliyah, constricting an artist's ability to design a creative but readable skin.

Taliyah's been popular in pro play only, you get skins by being popular among the actual playerbase.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Once 8.5 is out hextech chests will drop permanents instead of shards for legendary and ultimate skins, so that's nice.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2018/03/leagues-next-ultimate-skin-gun-goddess.html

lol disappointing as gently caress ultimate

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Skins with built-in chromas is the new thing, it seems.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Alright Pog I'm back, here's another skin idea: let's do a Zoey skin where she's not changed in any way shape or form but we give her a stupid name to try to force into a meme, like I dunno, Gappy. I think that has legs if we repeat it enough times

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Servaetes posted:

Alright Pog I'm back, here's another skin idea: let's do a Zoey skin where she's not changed in any way shape or form but we give her a stupid name to try to force into a meme, like I dunno, Gappy. I think that has legs if we repeat it enough times

who the gently caress is zoey?

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

More realistic!

https://youtu.be/f2P0YzbqN0I

Edit: Ok seriously that MF skin should've just been turned into a new champ. One based off Ripley at the end of Aliens would own

duck trucker fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 6, 2018

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
I have no problem with the general concept of that MF skin but like all her reworked splashes that one's borked.

Neck, face, perspective/relative sizing. Come on Rito I know you can do better than this.

iSurrender fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
Check out those big guns