Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Counterpoint: the guy is a scumbag who earned his pay from an unethical company doing unethical things. Who gives a gently caress.

well someone is angry about netscape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

it's just so rich coming from someone who works for a private medical insurer

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Counterpoint: the guy is a scumbag who earned his pay from an unethical company doing unethical things. Who gives a gently caress.

yes this clearly excuses the lovely practice of bagging on a guy for his mental illness and how he treats it, a good thing to do that definitely makes other mentally ill people feel fantastic about themselves

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

flakeloaf posted:

yes this clearly excuses the lovely practice of bagging on a guy for his mental illness and how he treats it, a good thing to do that definitely makes other mentally ill people feel fantastic about themselves

Agreed, OP.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Captain Foo posted:

it's just so rich coming from someone who works for a private medical insurer

Apr 7, 2003

Don't quote the guy who made it his mission to be my personal counselor, please.

Apr 7, 2003

That said, there is a vast difference between working for a company that negotiates medical rates on behalf of their customers and working for a company that performs emotionally manipulative experiments on their user base that wouldn't make it past even the barest ethical scrutiny.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Don't quote the guy who made it his mission to be my personal counselor, please.

lmao you're mad i suggested you stop drinking

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

no he did inpatient treatment for the phase iii trial of it

then yea it's lovely to mock that

bc lots of non-scumbag ppl have mental health issues. it's like joking about peter thiel getting aids from taking it up the rear end, instead of calling him out for the legit reasons he is human garbage

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
no the equivalent for peter theil would be laughing at him if he got a blood disorder from doing unnecessary transfusions from younger men.

Apr 7, 2003

I have taken your post under consideration, and I've decided that I will continue to make fun of the hosed up Facebook man who namedropped his personal relationship with the Zuck and also rubs magnets on his head for temporary relief of his bad brain symptoms.

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
you know that disease that trump has with his hands? now imagine someone with that, but his whole body.

I’d be an alcoholic too :(.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I have taken your post under consideration, and I've decided that I will continue to make fun of the hosed up Facebook man who namedropped his personal relationship with the Zuck and also rubs magnets on his head for temporary relief of his bad brain symptoms.

we already know you're a shithead

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

whole lotta stones being cast in the 'pos today

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

don't forget his glorious midlife crisis lived out in yospos

the tesla, leaving his wife, etc

Apr 7, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the tesla, leaving his wife, etc

I cannot find it in my heart to give the littlest poo poo for the well-being of a self-centered Silicon Valley oligarch-in-the-making and I can't for the life of me understand why any normal human being would, either.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

casting stones in glass houses is a pittsburgh past time apparently

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

FamDav posted:

you know that disease that trump has with his hands? now imagine someone with that, but his whole body.

lmbo

Apr 7, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

casting stones in glass houses is a pittsburgh past time apparently

I've never asked for a minute of sympathy from anyone in this forum, either.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

FamDav posted:

like, an alcoholic baby?

:confused:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lol

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

hobbesmaster posted:

well someone is angry about netscape

it got pretty bad towards the end tbf

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

President Beep posted:

like, an alcoholic baby?

:confused:

correct

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

:discourse:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
the logo on the shirt in the final panel makes this a genuine masterpiece

Apr 7, 2003

The letter mark goes on the front of the jersey

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

ArmZ posted:

Upton Sinclair

he's been living in his upton world

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

When I was a kid one of our family friends got super into the idea of using magnetic shoe inserts to treat every disease. It was some kind of reflexology or reiki foot massage snake oil thing and the important part was that you had to buy all these magnetic insoles. Having only read the yospos hot takes, I assumed that subjunctive was into the same sort of thing.

Transcranial magnetic stimulation, on the other hand, is a completely real and perfectly valid technique for non-invasively working with the brain. If you guys were interpreting TMS as "rubbing magnets on his head" that's pretty loving stupid. Like the same level as calling vaccination "injecting your child with viruses and poisons."

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

HQ just raised another $15 million on a $100 million valuation lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Munkeymon posted:

and it's hosed up that he's gotta be gently caress you rich to afford that but it's still ghoulish to mock someone for how they treat their sadbrains

look it's hosed up that you gotta be rich to afford access to an unproven experimental therapy like a dancing horse but it's still ghoulish to mock someone for how they treat their multiple sclerosis

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

bc lots of non-scumbag ppl have mental health issues. it's like joking about peter thiel getting aids from taking it up the rear end, instead of calling him out for the legit reasons he is human garbage

what about hoping he and his richass clients at his boutique life extension spa clinical trial all start getting strokes from constant blood transfusions

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Sagebrush posted:

Transcranial magnetic stimulation, on the other hand, is a completely real and perfectly valid technique for non-invasively working with the brain. If you guys were interpreting TMS as "rubbing magnets on his head" that's pretty loving stupid. Like the same level as calling vaccination "injecting your child with viruses and poisons."

completely real, yes
completely valid, hell loving no

the physiology of the brain is very poorly understood. we know we can use magnets to gently caress with the brain, but there is no real medical therapy that has come out of that, because it's too dangerous and halfassed

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

nah it's still completely experimental and niche and not at all a mainstream therapeutic technique. the analogy to thiel's blood extension pay-to-play therapy is a good one

but i refer to microwaving food as nuking it so i too am a monster

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

completely real, yes
completely valid, hell loving no

the physiology of the brain is very poorly understood. we know we can use magnets to gently caress with the brain, but there is no real medical therapy that has come out of that, because it's too dangerous and halfassed

same thing can be said of ECT. its still a real therapy that produces real results.

also of course its not "completely valid" yet, thats why he was in a loving clinical trial, thats how you determine whether something is valid or not!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ECT has the same problems (we have no idea how it works, and it's rather dangerous) but it is a valid and effective treatment for some forms of extreme depression.

If TMS works for someone, then it works, and it's a step down from actually running electricity through their head

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
ect has been around for most of a century and doctors actually recommend it and insurance covers it

but yeah they don't fully understand how it works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

hobbesmaster posted:

same thing can be said of ECT. its still a real therapy that produces real results.

ect is dangerous but not halfassed

it is known to work very well