Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

LET THE SPECULATION COMMENCE

Oh poo poo Parasite Eve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Oh poo poo Parasite Eve

If only. :(

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

It would be a third birthday collab anyways

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

new kind of cat posted:

well, that's pretty cool...Lightning 7* is really good, yeah?

I already have two Lightnings...

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

new kind of cat posted:

well, that's pretty cool...Lightning 7* is really good, yeah?

Early on yeah she’s really good. Later... kinda middling but still solid because she gets actual chaining abilities. I think we all get a free lightning because it’s from the Rookie rewards (so it should be a quest there). I hope that’s the case because I’d like to go ahead and lock in her STMR (176 atk non-elemental sword).

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Dana Crysalis posted:

Final Fantasy 6?!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Final Fantasy 6?!

A Final Fantasy collab would be amazing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Khisanth Magus posted:

I do find it amusing that Lara is a Kelsus-level unit: Free unit that is extremely crappy(and doesn't even have a 7* form in JP haha). Except that Kelsus had a decent TMR, while Lara has one that is worse than most 3* units.

Have we seen her stats yet or are you fortune telling?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Free + one in the raid is the same way they did the free 7* in dq raid

So you're saying... there's a chance.

Dana Crysalis posted:

It's going to be Final Fantasy 7. People are boring as poo poo.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It's going to be Final Fantasy 7. People are boring as poo poo.

nah, collabs are specifically NOT Final Fantasy. But people are pretty boring.

Cyberpope v2
Oct 26, 2002

by Lowtax
It'll be Chrono Trigger with 3 5*s those being Chrono, Magus, Marle the 4* is Frog and the 3* is Robo.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
So, uh, got a Roy off my daily, but I've already got a fully enhanced Ramza. From glancing over his skills it looks like he requires a lot more setup and turns to get up to speed, but he's got a pretty amazing LB. Is he really worth investing in at this point when I've already got Ramza?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

BGrifter posted:

A Final Fantasy collab would be amazing.

lol yeah

i'd be pretty happy w/ original nier and getting papa nier, kaine, and emil

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Cyberpope v2 posted:

It'll be Chrono Trigger with 3 5*s those being Chrono, Magus, Marle the 4* is Frog and the 3* is Robo.

:whitewater:

hamburgers in pockets posted:

So, uh, got a Roy off my daily, but I've already got a fully enhanced Ramza. From glancing over his skills it looks like he requires a lot more setup and turns to get up to speed, but he's got a pretty amazing LB. Is he really worth investing in at this point when I've already got Ramza?

I'd keep him at 5* and feed him spare LB pots, his LB is 24% more of a buff than Ramza and his HP and MP regen should be greater due to higher base stats. Until his LB gets up I'd keep using Ramza, Roy's stats aren't that much higher. The break isn't great since if you can break something you'll break it with somebody else before Roy gets around to it in my experience.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 6, 2018

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Scrublord Prime posted:

:whitewater:

I'd keep him at 5* and feed him spare LB pots, his LB is 24% more of a buff than Ramza and his HP and MP regen should be greater due to higher base stats. Until his LB gets up I'd keep using Ramza, Roy's stats aren't that much higher. The break isn't great since if you can break something you'll break it with somebody else before Roy gets around to it in my experience.

Yeah, Roy is not good for the break but if you have someone that can swing the break while you get setup, it's awesome. Orlandeau or WoL are great examples as they can break ATK for a few turns while Roy gets going.
Also remember if you have Grim Lord Sakura you can so the back strategy where you sacrifice and reraise him on the same turn to skip levels quickly.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Dana Crysalis posted:

I just want loving SD3, Namely Riesz

Is that so freggin much?! They got 2 Collabs already Gumi, 2.
The work is already done for you ya drat lazy fucks. Instead of giving us bogus and lameass crap no one asked for or wanted, like valentine's day crap, give us poo poo people want.

A Chrono Trigger Collab would be nice too. Too bad they'll gently caress it up and have lame poo poo like Robo suck or something and not be the Star Terry Tekkaman robot that he is.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Mar 6, 2018

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd go for a GTA collab. V can be Michael, Franklin, and Trevor or III can be No Name Guy, Vercetti, and Carl (fat). Since they have that guy with the car crash limit break that opens up a Grand Turismo collab. For GT3 I'd go Nissan Skyline, Ford GT40, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo, and Suzuki Escudo.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
That escalated quickly...

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

KDdidit posted:

III can be No Name Guy

I have no idea why I remember this but the GTA 3 guy's name is Claude, they say it when he shows up for like one mission in San Andreas

Bubba Fuzz
May 3, 2009

Screw it, if they're open to busting out random rear end former Eidos properties, I might as well hope for a Legacy of Kain collab

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
it's gonna be another Ariana Grande collab

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Everybody hating on the IOS port of 6 has never played it.

The weird 3D field sprites of towns are bad but the rest of the game is totally completely 100% fine. It’s no worse than the port of 5, which also has dumb graphics but is unchanged under the hood.

Play it. It’s fine, I swear to god.

Also: LETS HAVE A BOUNCER COLLAB

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Kingdom Hearts collab.

Basic Sora is 3*. Valor and Wisdom forms are 4*s. His Final Form is 5*.

Donald will be a healer with all the best healer spells and triple cast, but he never uses them no matter how many times you tell him to.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Tall Tale Teller posted:

The updated graphics are hideous but the port of FFV is fine too. It's really really ugly and I'd happily rebuy a version that looks like the original, but both games are so good they can survive SE massively loving up the graphics.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Bubba Fuzz posted:

Screw it, if they're open to busting out random rear end former Eidos properties, I might as well hope for a Legacy of Kain collab

This is a collab I could get behind.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Daily rainbow got me...

...Third Dark Fina. Okay.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Bubba Fuzz posted:

maybe when Kain gets a movie

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Tall Tale Teller posted:

The weird 3D field sprites of towns are bad but the rest of the game is totally completely 100% fine. It’s no worse than the port of 5, which also has dumb graphics but is unchanged under the hood.

Play it. It’s fine, I swear to god.

Also: LETS HAVE A BOUNCER COLLAB

No. They made a change and it's ruuuuuuuined.
:goonsay:

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Shout-out to anyone who left a machine-killer friend up instead of switching to a Steiner while the raid is still going on.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

No. They made a change and it's ruuuuuuuined.
:goonsay:

Why would I play a version of something that just looks worse and is otherwise "fine", when I still own SNES/SFAM/GBA copies of the originals and also have those on my hard drive?

I could also watch 2001 on VHS instead of Bluray, and it would be "fine" and still be a good movie, but what's the point? Especially if I already own the Bluray and don't own the VHS?

People criticizing games is fine.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

wizard on a water slide posted:

Why would I play a version of something that just looks worse and is otherwise "fine", when I still own SNES/SFAM/GBA copies of the originals and also have those on my hard drive?

I could also watch 2001 on VHS instead of Bluray, and it would be "fine" and still be a good movie, but what's the point? Especially if I already own the Bluray and don't own the VHS?

People criticizing games is fine.

Sure is!

Wait though, the Blu-ray is the iOS version in this analogy I think?

Some people don't have their original games anymore because they were the oldest and their siblings claimed all the family consoles when they moved out, and we all know about :filez: but, you know? If I hadn't been able to pick up a SNES Classic for the price of two or three 10+1 pulls, I'd be playing FF6 on my phone when I got the hankering. I'm trying to go legit wherever possible, Hakchi2 aside, you know? Being able to appreciate what you do have is cool and good.

Anyway, my comment was mocking the disproportional vitriol for a video game port in general, not necessarily pointed at anyone here.

EDIT: Stuff like this:

Scrublord Prime posted:

The character sprites in FF6 looks like total loving trash which is a shame because the people who did the monster sprites and basically everything else did their parts right and looks great. I don't know why they're so attached to the FF Dimensions character art style because it is the laziest poo poo I've ever seen, loving RPG Maker looks better than it. The RS2 remake take on redoing environments and enemies while leaving the character sprites as their original SNES form looks leagues better than FF6 mobile/steam.

\/\/\/\/ This is a good opinion to have.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Mar 6, 2018

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I have a great version of FF6 on my phone. To play whenever I want. I am living in the future and it is wonderful.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The character sprites in FF6 looks like total loving trash which is a shame because the people who did the monster sprites and basically everything else did their parts right and looks great. I don't know why they're so attached to the FF Dimensions character art style because it is the laziest poo poo I've ever seen, loving RPG Maker looks better than it. The RS2 remake take on redoing environments and enemies while leaving the character sprites as their original SNES form looks leagues better than FF6 mobile/steam.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Didn't notice any new Rookie Missions to do today, it says March 6...

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Didn't notice any new Rookie Missions to do today, it says March 6...

Its a typo , most likely the 8th and 9th

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’ll be honest, I hope the whole thing is a typo and tomb Raider isn’t coming till the week after. CG Fina when???

:argh:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Beta was better than VHS, but VHS had you know what so it won the war

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I have a great version of FF6 on my phone. To play whenever I want. I am living in the future and it is wonderful.

This but tactics and it’s better in virtually every way than the original version without any weird aesthetic choices which might put me off. A++, would Tactics again.

My only gripe is now I can’t blame myself or god

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Ugato posted:

This but tactics and it’s better in virtually every way than the original version without any weird aesthetic choices which might put me off. A++, would Tactics again.

My only gripe is now I can’t blame myself or god

I do too! My two favorites in my pocket.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I'm hoping thery will have Valkyrie Profile soon.
I actually have a decent amount of tickets and lapis for once since there hasn't been any yummy banners for awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Free pull was a rainbow, my second VoL...

I hope gumi does a improvement pass on VoL and VoF because both of their 7* are super bad

• Locked thread