Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
oh no i think wwe has brainwashed me into thinking they're a multi-million dollar publically traded company with millions of viewers and that impact is watched by stoners and people who forgot to turn their tv off the guide channel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Impact fans know that you're not supposed to warsh your brain after you have it temporarily removed for a yearly terlet dunking

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Io Shirai refusing to do a death match (and being dragged into Tam's squabbles) is probably one of my favorite parts of the Tam vs Oedo Tai feud now.

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/970913768120074240

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/970914316189802496

Also she's defending the title against...Bea Priestly at another Dream Slam event. Congrats in advance on retaining, Io.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I live in Osaka and I am so goddamn jealous of Nagoya's Dream Slam card it isn't funny. The Osaka Dream Slam show is basically just the same sort of show Stardom always puts on in Osaka, which ain't bad, but compared to Nagoya's...

I was hoping for a big Kagetsu singles match, since it's her hometown and she's the size of everyone else put together on the poster for the event, but the Oedo Tai vs. Apaches tag should be fun.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The more I think about it, the dumber the Tam/Io pairing gets. Io pretty clearly doesn't like Tam because she rejected an offer to join Queen's Quest, and if you don't know by now, Io REALLY doesn't like it when people turn down her offers like that.

Honestly the only way this should end is with Tam being left hanging. Io has ZERO incentive to tag with Tam.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If the end result really is going to be Tam+1 vs Oedo Tai in an exploding bat deathmatch, getting Io out is the right call, imo. Tam needs a victory over Oedo Tai or otherwise she'll never progress. Having Io in the mix overshadows Tam and any victory will be Io's victory. Pair Tam with someone like Kris Wolf or KLR.

Why were Io and Tam put together in the first place?

Also more Tam videos, Stardom!! I wanna see her blow more poo poo up.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tam is cool. whos the famous woman wrestler that was doing deathmatch tags with onita, wsa that chigusa nagayo?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

coconono posted:

If the end result really is going to be Tam+1 vs Oedo Tai in an exploding bat deathmatch, getting Io out is the right call, imo. Tam needs a victory over Oedo Tai or otherwise she'll never progress. Having Io in the mix overshadows Tam and any victory will be Io's victory. Pair Tam with someone like Kris Wolf or KLR.

Why were Io and Tam put together in the first place?

Also more Tam videos, Stardom!! I wanna see her blow more poo poo up.

They were put together because Kagetsu dragged Io into it by saying OH WELL LETS GET IO IN ON THIS. Io then stated "I have no interest in being part of a death match" and then walked off. Apparently Rossy didn't hear that part.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
SAD!

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/971104857754144768

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

So she'll be out by 6 and at her modeling gig by 7:30

Good business decision!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Casey is vaguetweeting about Priscilla Kelly so she's either pregnant or signed somewhere

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Neither

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Saw some buzz about Taylor Hendrix(sp?) blocking some wrestlers from twitter, some of whom she's had no interactions with. Can anyone explain what was up with that?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

TV Zombie posted:

Saw some buzz about Taylor Hendrix(sp?) blocking some wrestlers from twitter, some of whom she's had no interactions with. Can anyone explain what was up with that?

She made this stupid-rear end tweet the other day

https://twitter.com/taeler_hendrix/status/970012805666562048?s=21

People called her out on it & she started blocking.

And in case you're wondering:

https://twitter.com/AlexaBliss_WWE/status/970027984680898560

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Mar 7, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Can any of you explain the context of this clip? Io and HZK pushing some car out of the mud on Japanese TV.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Baron Corbyn posted:

Can any of you explain the context of this clip? Io and HZK pushing some car out of the mud on Japanese TV.

I think the context is that its a mainstream (in Japan obviously) variety show. As for her thoughts on the matter, she was just really happy to be on a mainstream TV show.

In regards to the Exploding Bat Deathmatch, it was posted on reddit but I also checked for myself, but the reaction to it from the Japanese fanbase is pretty negative. "It seems excessive", "This runs against the image of STARDOM", "I want a refund", etc. There are also complaints about the booking of the match. "Why is it an exploding bat death match? That should be saved for her fight with Hana."

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 7, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ishin posted:

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/969419164086566912 I feel like I might need to start watching this TJPW stuff.

The Ito Respect Army got their music video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNvwMrhq1p8

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

I think the context is that its a mainstream (in Japan obviously) variety show. As for her thoughts on the matter, she was just really happy to be on a mainstream TV show.

In regards to the Exploding Bat Deathmatch, it was posted on reddit but I also checked for myself, but the reaction to it from the Japanese fanbase is pretty negative. "It seems excessive", "This runs against the image of STARDOM", "I want a refund", etc. There are also complaints about the booking of the match. "Why is it an exploding bat death match? That should be saved for her fight with Hana."

While I don't watch Stardom, I can get behind the idea of saving a big gimmick match for the blow off of a big singles feud. The other complaints are likely a combination of the vaguely icky idol element of joshi and Japan's very enforced gender roles (ie, death match wrestling isn't 'feminine')

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gaz-L posted:

While I don't watch Stardom, I can get behind the idea of saving a big gimmick match for the blow off of a big singles feud. The other complaints are likely a combination of the vaguely icky idol element of joshi and Japan's very enforced gender roles (ie, death match wrestling isn't 'feminine')

I can understand the run against STARDOM part as well, considering the last time there was a violent match, it was the Act Yasukawa incident, and that pissed off pretty much everyone in the wrestling world. So I can see why people are hesitant to support any type of death match in STARDOM. There's also some people saying the booking of the match is nonsense, which is completely true.

I mean Momo vs Io was pretty bloody, but not actively violent either.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 7, 2018

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
I agree that Io/Tam vs Kagetsu/Sumire doesn't make much sense for that kind of match and that it should be saved for either Tam/Hana or Tam and Mayu/Hana and Kagetsu, but I'm not against the idea of Stardom throwing out a deathmatch every once in a while. It's not something they should do regularly because that's not really what the roster is built for, but I don't mind scaling up the violence if the feud calls for it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

dragging Io into a bloodfeud against Oedo Tai makes little sense because she dislikes them but hasn't really been actively wronged by them. Tam's been getting her poo poo kicked in, she has absolutely all the reasons to up the stakes. I'm not sure there's anyone on the roster that's had the same level of abuse Tam's taken. Even Viper, who defected to QQ, didn't get the same targeted attacks.

So yeah, a Hana/Tam deathmatch makes more sense because Hana's the one that's really taken this hard. Kagetsu will talk some poo poo and get physical but it was Hana that was choking the poo poo out of her. Sumire's been kinda blase about it but won't pass up a chance to kick someone when they're down because she's a real jerk.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Baron Corbyn posted:

Sukatto Japan is a variety show where people write in about little moments in their life that annoy them. In every episode they have comedians and minor talent act out a few longer stories about really satisfying conclusions to aggravating situations - "Our boss always makes us go to karaoke and acts like a real dick about how he's the best singer. Last month, he forced a shy new hire into a duet with him... and that's when we learned the new guy's a trained opera singer." That sort of thing.

The story in the clip is pretty self-explanatory, just add that the guy makes a bunch of sexist comments throughout - "pffft, figures when someone else shows up, it's a coupla dumb broads who probably don't know anything about cars. Not like it'd matter if you did, because you couldn't move the car anyway, what with your fragile womanhood and all." Then Io and HZK move the car, sarcastically apologize for being women and get the guy tickets to the gun show.

Gaz-L posted:

The other complaints are likely a combination of the vaguely icky idol element of joshi and Japan's very enforced gender roles (ie, death match wrestling isn't 'feminine')

Yeahhh, more than a few tweets replying to the announcement on Stardom's Japanese twitter are poo poo like "What if someone got their skin scratched up? Stardom, rethink this." Most of them also don't seem to consider that an exploding bat match isn't necessarily, like, a barbed wire deathmatch with light tubes or whatever. I can't say if it's a joshi-in-general thing - I dunno how strongly memories of gnarly 90s joshi linger in the modern Japanese joshi fan memory - but it's definitely a Stardom thing. Wrestling Omakase made a great point in their recent Stardom history episode that, though it's easy to forget because they do have incredibly talented, relatively big-name wrestlers, Stardom is still a fundamentally idol-focused promotion. (The episode as a whole is a great 1.5-hour podcast unfortunately scattered across three hours.)

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Mar 8, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hey if you ever wanted Kelly Klein to preach at you over an interview here you go:
https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/10-questions-kelly-klein

I really do like Kelly, she does big moves and looks fuckin terrific. But she talks like she's a 30 year vet and that really confuses me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

IWA-MS running Hudson Envy vs Su Yung tonight live on powerbomb. Should be madness.

https://twitter.com/PowerbombTV/status/971859586100744192

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hey Rovert, apparently WWE is gearing up to sign two new women to NXT/PC? Any idea who the names could be? I heard Viper and Toni Storm, but they have STARDOM dates coming up, and Toni is a walking title magnet right now. I also see some people hoping for Mia Yim.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Hey Rovert, apparently WWE is gearing up to sign two new women to NXT/PC? Any idea who the names could be? I heard Viper and Toni Storm, but they have STARDOM dates coming up, and Toni is a walking title magnet right now. I also see some people hoping for Mia Yim.

None of the above.

Anyway:

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/972023930872414208

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

If I had to guess I would say Maria Manic(great look imo) and someone else(this second guess is 100% correct)

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
They are going to sign Tam Nakano and Maki Itoh

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Midnightghoul posted:

They are going to sign Tam Nakano and Maki Itoh

only if every NXT show starts with a live musical performance by Itoh.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/IanRiccaboni/status/972155600690802688

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

coconono posted:

IWA-MS running Hudson Envy vs Su Yung tonight live on powerbomb. Should be madness.

https://twitter.com/PowerbombTV/status/971859586100744192

This was the first time I've ever seen a spinebuster done from the top rope through a table. I think. APA might have done one when WWF was still doing fun garbage wrestling. The children working the merch table were sobbing. Absolute madness.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kagetsu is at ringside for this Hana Kimura match so they flew her in anyway.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
That Hana vs Sumie match was really not good. It felt really loving stilted at best.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yeah, it was okay at best.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Mandy Leon is every bit as good a commentator as she is a wrestler.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Everything about that half hour of Women of Honor was awful

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

sportsgenius86 posted:

Everything about that half hour of Women of Honor was awful

Yeah it was not good. Hana's US debut was this trainwreck. She has charisma in spades though, so I imagine if she matures a bit more WWE will probably end up signing her, just based off of that (she's only 20 right now, and WWE tries to avoid signing people under 21 nowadays apparently). Apparently she knows some English as well, due to her being required to learn it while she was in high school over there (it became mandatory around 5-6 years ago).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

even Hana thought that match sucked

https://twitter.com/hanadayo0903/status/972309321844322304

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/972316923365961728

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010