Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Jesus Christ BLS and Astramentis is an enormous amount of damage. Chews through act bosses in seconds.

If I had to do it all over again I'd probably do Chieftain instead of Ascendant, and also I wouldn't pick up the Lycosidae and just run RT until I could actually path over to EO (probably level 72 at this point).

We'll see how it holds up in maps. Similarly extremely strong, I expect, except that I have to spent a bucketload on resist rares.

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Mar 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Time for my semi-annual dip into this loot grind of a game and check out what's new.

This season I wanted to do something with huge chaining on-death explosions, coupled with a high single-target skill. Preferably melee. (I did blade flurry + abyssal cry back in the broken poison double-dipping days and that was immensely satisfying.) Any ideas? Would rather avoid abyssal cry because I've already done that.

The Herald explosions are too small. I want big explosions. Big. (Big as in AOE area, not big as in numbers, though obviously not gonna argue with big numbers either.)

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

CDW posted:

Essence Drain/Contagion is probably a lot of fun, I played it on Trickster last league and I imagine Occultist should have some good builds for it.

occultist doesnt have that much going for ed/contagion. i’m trying it now and the chaosplosions are certainly nice, but you have to be near enemies to proc it with blasphemy curses and the whole point of ed is you can put it on a pack and wander away without having to wait.

it might be better for hardcore players just because it gives easier access to tricurse, but the damage boosts for trickster are a lot more potent

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Trickster ED got me all the way to t10s on a tabula and allelopathy, it's extremely good and powerful. The explosions aren't as big, strictly speaking, but watching the die-off from a long chain contagion is it's own brand of satisfying.

I always felt like I should have voice lines from DOTA2's Necrophos, or maybe Pestilence in Judge Dredd. "The diagnosis? Life. The prognosis? Death!"

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

What happened after T10? Better gear? Build change?

I am trying to decide what to do with my current trickster, who is 86. Right now I am pure scorching ray. I've done T8s very easily, but I lack the actual map pool to be progressing higher.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/FilthyMonkey/characters?characterName=MonkeyMcRowsdower

From what I have seen, the two main trickster builds tend to be ED, or EK and BV. I assume BV utilizes some sort of conversion shenanians. SR seems to be paired with RF on the top-end setups that use it.

I don't know if I should be sticking with pure SR, or switching to one of the more popular setups. ED seems to be the most popular at the top end.
http://poe.ninja/builds?class=Trickster

I have a couple decent rares stored (a pretty bitching good rare belt), and a couple exalts, so I probably could afford to transition to a different setup.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 6, 2018

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

facepalmolive posted:

Time for my semi-annual dip into this loot grind of a game and check out what's new.

This season I wanted to do something with huge chaining on-death explosions, coupled with a high single-target skill. Preferably melee. (I did blade flurry + abyssal cry back in the broken poison double-dipping days and that was immensely satisfying.) Any ideas? Would rather avoid abyssal cry because I've already done that.

The Herald explosions are too small. I want big explosions. Big. (Big as in AOE area, not big as in numbers, though obviously not gonna argue with big numbers either.)

You might like the corpse popping skills. Detonate dead has a nice beefy animation now, volatile dead is flashy as hell, and bodyswap makes some pretty large explosions and is silly as hell.

They're slightly clunky since they need a corpse creation skill for sustaining against bosses, but there are numerous ways to automate or at least simplify the process (like poet's pen).

e: missed that you said melee, but the above still applies, you just do it as a cast on melee kill setup with something like cyclone or sunder. I hear sunder comk bodyswap is a hoot.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Filthy Monkey posted:

What happened after T10? Better gear? Build change?

Got bored, changed builds (see above posts on Brutus Lead Sprinkler)

I'm sure some gear investments like a shav's or breath of the council would've kept propelling me forward, I had 4ex built up that I hadn't invested into anything.

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em
Due to hand pain, I'm looking for help picking a build that has a minimum of clicks required.

It looks like RF or a CWDT build is what I need but both types of builds can't really be used from lvl 1.

Should I use a spell totem to level up until I can begin using those other builds?
Maybe a self cast Arc or something where you just mash a button down?

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Could try a summoning build. Zombies you only need to resummon every so often, and you can put skeletons on a totem to automate the process. Then you transition to spectres when you hit the right level and they just follow you around nuking poo poo.

There's plenty of active summoning out there, but it can be played pretty passively too.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
What do Hierophant totem builds do for sustain? My actual defenses are pretty good (well, will be once I upgrade my items anyway), I'll be at well over 5k life with 40% MOM tacked on and a modest amount of mitigation. But I have lovely regen (that is also unreliable against enemies that slaughter your totems) and zero leech whatsoever. A life flask works fine until it doesn't because there's nothing to gain charges from/damage is coming in pretty consistently. I can't even run Decoy Totem for some time-out with this build. I've played a few regen builds and ES recharge builds (pre-3.0) and of course plenty of leech builds but never a 'just hope you have flasks up' build like this.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Insurrectionist posted:

What do Hierophant totem builds do for sustain? My actual defenses are pretty good (well, will be once I upgrade my items anyway), I'll be at well over 5k life with 40% MOM tacked on and a modest amount of mitigation. But I have lovely regen (that is also unreliable against enemies that slaughter your totems) and zero leech whatsoever. A life flask works fine until it doesn't because there's nothing to gain charges from/damage is coming in pretty consistently. I can't even run Decoy Totem for some time-out with this build. I've played a few regen builds and ES recharge builds (pre-3.0) and of course plenty of leech builds but never a 'just hope you have flasks up' build like this.

Trolltimber Spire is decent if you can afford to have another slot with no resists, otherwise just shoot for life regen passives and use as many life flasks as you need to have one up reliably.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Insurrectionist posted:

I'm following this guy, and the double Kikazaru provide a fair amount of life regen.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Gegil posted:

Due to hand pain, I'm looking for help picking a build that has a minimum of clicks required.

It looks like RF or a CWDT build is what I need but both types of builds can't really be used from lvl 1.

Should I use a spell totem to level up until I can begin using those other builds?

Can't you just bind your attack skill to one of the non-mouse keybinds? If both of your hands hurt, Flame Totem is a low click starting skill.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Can't believe they keep buffing spectres like this

https://clips.twitch.tv/AliveUnsightlyGoblinAMPEnergyCherry

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Andy Dufresne posted:

I'm following this guy, and the double Kikazaru provide a fair amount of life regen.

Looks like a pure clear-speed build, so I'm not sure his set-up will suffice for tougher bosses, although it doesn't cost a lot to try it out.

Also is Self-flaggelation really worth running? 40% increased damage seems quite low for the cost of a jewel socket and having an extra curse (even if at lowered effectiveness).

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Insurrectionist posted:

Looks like a pure clear-speed build, so I'm not sure his set-up will suffice for tougher bosses, although it doesn't cost a lot to try it out.

Also is Self-flaggelation really worth running? 40% increased damage seems quite low for the cost of a jewel socket and having an extra curse (even if at lowered effectiveness).

Soul Mantle has no curse limit because it's not a single enemy casting the curses. The +1 curse on you from Self-Flagellation has no actual effect on Soul Mantle, because infinity + 1 is still infinity.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Oh, I didn't know that it bypassed curse limit. Makes sense then.

So I assume the -resist curses stack? Granted at 20% effectiveness they won't be very scary even so but it'd be nice to know for planning my gear.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Insurrectionist posted:

Oh, I didn't know that it bypassed curse limit. Makes sense then.

So I assume the -resist curses stack? Granted at 20% effectiveness they won't be very scary even so but it'd be nice to know for planning my gear.

They do stack, and you can toggle the curses on in the config tab of PoB.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Awesome! posted:

so in response to a reddit thread asking why tora, being the master of the hunt, isnt the npc involved with the bestiary, chris said

i wonder what they decided on that would change their plans like that

I bet that Einhar is...

tora's dad.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's because it's being baked into the base game and they didn't want people having to recruit Tora and take up space, or have Tora changed to be a free master. Einhar is the next Navali.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's because once you collect all the beasts Einhar becomes corrupted, straps the spirit beasts to himself, and you have to defeat him in a six stage boss battle.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

this worth anything or just vendor it lol

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

frajaq posted:

trash

J
Jun 10, 2001

frajaq posted:

Boots without move speed are drat near unsellable.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is there a master list of rare item mods that sell? I’ve just been vendoring all of my rares because I don’t know anything

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jinnigan posted:

Got bored, changed builds (see above posts on Brutus Lead Sprinkler)

I'm sure some gear investments like a shav's or breath of the council would've kept propelling me forward, I had 4ex built up that I hadn't invested into anything.

You can actually kill shaper with tabula and allelopathy. Those gloves do crazy damage.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

frajaq posted:

The name made me laugh. That's worth something.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I hope this poo poo doesn't become permanent. Monster catching and crafting is finicky and not terribly much fun to do.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Gegil posted:

Some guy made an SRS build designed around his physical limitations (post-concussion syndrome) but it ends up meeting a your requirements too, Gegil. He binds SRS to space on PC, and has only that as an active skill. You might be able to take some ideas from this and merge with some other SRS build to get the right balance between reduced clicking and power. Here's a link: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094165

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

It's because once you collect all the beasts Einhar becomes corrupted, straps the spirit beasts to himself, and you have to defeat him in a six stage boss battle.

The fact that we have been pouring one monster into another into the 'blood altar'.....

Blood for the Blood god!

We're summoning a god obviously, but that's fine, there's plenty of space on the pantheon screen.

They didn't want to 'kill' Tora at the end since she's a functioning master for our hideout.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
For Asenath's Chant, the 25% chance to trigger a socketed spell when attacking with a bow, there's no hidden cooldowns on that, is there? If I'm using a Quill Rain can I pop in something like a curse and 3-link summon skeletons and it'll cycle between them?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Poet's Pen has a similar effect and i think it has a maximum activation rate of once every 0.25 seconds, which can be reduced by cooldown reduction offered by some shaper/elder touched items. I would assume astenath's works under the same system

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Venuz Patrol posted:

Poet's Pen has a similar effect and i think it has a maximum activation rate of once every 0.25 seconds, which can be reduced by cooldown reduction offered by some shaper/elder touched items. I would assume astenath's works under the same system

Hmm, well I think I'm around 4 attacks per second with Quill Rain so that should synergize nicely. Maybe Bodyswap could be fun to move around as a quasi-Flicker.

Does Poet's Pen pick from spells randomly if you have more than 1, or does it cycle consistently between two like with Cast When Channeling?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
When it comes to triggering socketed gems, it does it in socket order. Top to bottom on a 1H weapon of it's 1 wide, serpentine from top left corner on bigger items.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 6, 2018

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Zero VGS posted:

Hmm, well I think I'm around 4 attacks per second with Quill Rain so that should synergize nicely. Maybe Bodyswap could be fun to move around as a quasi-Flicker.

I've been using volatile dead / unearth / bodyswap in poets pens this league, and it's a bit quasi-flicker but much more controllable. You can actually steer and not having multistrike means you don't keep going for a hit or two after you let go of the button.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thoughts on this tree for a ngamahu chieftan? https://pastebin.com/LdrsssGd

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there is only once choice on the tree. RT or not. Afaict.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Mr. Despair posted:

Lmao

Please tell me the tent does damage

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Mr. Despair posted:

Why is he wearing that stupid hat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
When space opens up can I get a re-invite? Didn't get to start playing this weekend because I was away on holiday. in game name ArtificialIdiocy

Thanks.