Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Kai Tave posted:

The Ana game seemed like a lost cause since the AI seems to have gotten even stupider than before, it would do things like go into Eye of Horus with 1/3rd life and just sit in lane all alone with enemies roaming the map. We were down in level and down in buildings so I said gently caress it, whatever. Then we nearly turned it around.

Please ping the AI character so they follow you instead of letting them free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I feel deeply ashamed of myself for purchasing the Enforcer bundle.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

1v1 me bro

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Dietrich posted:

By trading his life for 30% of her health a couple of times so she has to retreat. You need to think about how you define "beat" here. He's not going to be able to 100-0 solo her without dying, but she's stuck standing on the point or he'll take it back 10 seconds after he dies, and if she dies or hearths it's going to be much longer before she's able to push him off.

You think the rock beats the waves, but over time the waves always win.

Sonya has access to whirlwind healing, can get globes off of the lanes as well as the globe dispenser, and can even take War Paint at 1 for additional sustain. As someone who has Murky at level 58 at the moment, I can say that I've never really felt like Murky puts a lot of pressure on Sonya in the solo lane. You can dance around her and not die, you can kill minions all right but so can she, but especially when we're talking Braxis solo lane there's no way I'd want to be the Murky having to try and remove Sonya from the beacon.

Cavelcade posted:

We did. She was still dumb as rocks.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.

Dietrich posted:

1v1 me bro

lmao this thread is so embarrassing sometimes

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

SirSamVimes posted:

I feel deeply ashamed of myself for purchasing the Enforcer bundle.

The prices they put these digital skins at is very over priced. Maybe I'm just a Scrooge.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Cavelcade posted:

For some reason the AI has become terrible at actually following you in the past year. They used to stick to you like glue, even hearthing right after you.

I recently had a game with Morales AI who would spend more time pushing a wave than actually healing. Edit: Actually, she was healing a melee minion most of the time, so...

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!

Dietrich posted:

1v1 me bro

done

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

If Broll doesn't run all the way across the map to punch a minion then he isn't the real Broll.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Sonya is one of the best 1v1ers in the game and almost certainly the best lane bully barring Zagara with creep already growing. I love Murky, but there's very few situations where he can take Sonya on solo. In lane, as long as he plays trickier, he should be able to stall her, but he won't win the lane.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Kai Tave posted:

Sonya has access to whirlwind healing, can get globes off of the lanes as well as the globe dispenser, and can even take War Paint at 1 for additional sustain. As someone who has Murky at level 58 at the moment, I can say that I've never really felt like Murky puts a lot of pressure on Sonya in the solo lane. You can dance around her and not die, you can kill minions all right but so can she, but especially when we're talking Braxis solo lane there's no way I'd want to be the Murky having to try and remove Sonya from the beacon..

Maybe the Sonya's are better above plat but my experience has been you get 3-4 slimes off and bubble her whirlwind and she loses quite a bit of health with each engagement.

HelixFox posted:

lmao this thread is so embarrassing sometimes

That was a bad joke I guess.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Do they not have a W or Q button or something?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Bogart posted:

Sonya is one of the best 1v1ers in the game and almost certainly the best lane bully barring Zagara with creep already growing. I love Murky, but there's very few situations where he can take Sonya on solo. In lane, as long as he plays trickier, he should be able to stall her, but he won't win the lane.

The one thing Murky does in regard to Braxis is he's never gone for long, which means whoever the other solo laner is can't leave the lane to rotate down once they kill Murky the way they maybe could if it was someone with a longer respawn timer. Kill Thrall top? Okay cool, you can rotate down for a moment to maybe help confirm another kill knowing that the top beacon will probably stay untouched.

But it's not really that much value just letting Sonya stomp you to death over and over in the name of attempting to slowly sandpaper her down, and you aren't really creating much space for the rest of your team.

Dietrich posted:

Maybe the Sonya's are better above plat but my experience has been you get 3-4 slimes off and bubble her whirlwind and she loses quite a bit of health with each engagement.

These sound like really bad Sonyas, and I say this as a confirmed wood league player. If the other solo laner is really bad then yeah sure, Murky works great against everyone.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Bogart posted:

What's Sonya vs Zagara usually end up as? "Land spears or you lose"?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Yukari posted:

What's Sonya vs Zagara usually end up as? "Land spears or you lose"?

Yeah, pretty much. Zag has 20% movement buff on creep so she can dance around Sonya forever. If Sonya's got Leap, then maybe?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
You can kill her Hydra pretty easily and then WW the wave to gain health back. You're not gonna beat her without landing a spear but you shouldn't be bullied out of lane either.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!

Dietrich posted:

That was a bad joke I guess.

I'm not joking

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

bamhand posted:

Do they not have a W or Q button or something?

Do not attempt to melee her, just get within slime range and pop it. One slime on engagement, run away, one slime 4 seconds later followed by a bubble, and a third slime are like the bare minimum you should be able to pull off even if she dumps literally everything else and tries to kill you. Are you under the impression that Murky dies in one Seismic Slam?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

bamhand posted:

You can kill her Hydra pretty easily and then WW the wave to gain health back. You're not gonna beat her without landing a spear but you shouldn't be bullied out of lane either.

Also your whirlwinds and slams will kill creep tumors easily, which sets Zagara back a lot.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The new morales skin is neat but why did they give her a plastic surgery nose

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Dietrich posted:

Do not attempt to melee her, just get within slime range and pop it. One slime on engagement, run away, one slime 4 seconds later followed by a bubble, and a third slime are like the bare minimum you should be able to pull off even if she dumps literally everything else and tries to kill you. Are you under the impression that Murky dies in one Seismic Slam?

A spear and a slam will just about kill Murky. If you can slime her she can slam you. Are seriously saying Murky beats Sonya?

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Came back to play some Malfurion after his rework and boy loving howdy is he no longer chill to play. I’m not saying every Support has to be Li Li, but trying to juggle Regrowth durations and hit Moonfires (that only heal on Hero hits! with no more waveclear potential!) and watch positioning so that you don’t get hosed by the fact that your burst healing requires you to be in Moonfire range of your opponents is some frustrating fiddly stuff. Why is he still marked as Easy? The whole thing that drew me to him was that he was a versatile Support dude that I could unwind with in Quick Play, but I guess I’ll stick to Lucio or something

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

bamhand posted:

A spear and a slam will just about kill Murky. If you can slime her she can slam you. Are seriously saying Murky beats Sonya?

A spear and a slam will do just under half of murkys life, Sonya needs to land two more slams and some melees to finish him off.

The range on slime is larger than melee range.

Murky will not kill Sonya 1v1 but he can kill all the minions in her wave before she can kill him and do about 30% of her life in damage before he dies. Over time he can force a retreat.

Also the point we started this argument from is someone saying that murky was one of the worst solo laners, he does not have to be able to solo one of the best solo laners for that to be false. He is an acceptable solo laner on braxis hold out is the entire point i was trying to make.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

This is one of those cases where I 100% support a "1v1 me bro" to settle a disagreement :colbert:

No Wave posted:

The new morales skin is neat but why did they give her a plastic surgery nose

You, a philistine:
"eww plastic surgery nose"

Me, an intellectual:
:randstare:

Uh... you could actually skip a leg day or two if you want...

e: someone else, an actually observant person:
"This was their excuse to squeeze boobplate and armor cleavage onto a space marine"

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

lovin the goons poundin their chests in the thread IM A MURKY GOD also im plat btw

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Boobs are cool and good

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.

Dietrich posted:

Murky will not kill Sonya 1v1 but he can kill all the minions in her wave before she can kill him and do about 30% of her life in damage before he dies. Over time he can force a retreat.
I feel you're discounting that Sonya can whirlwind off the minions to heal and reliably claim 1 globe, if not both.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Enforcer greymane's dog form is much cuter than i thought it would be. In a really good way.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 7, 2018

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

How is medivh now? I've been at work all day

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I played Medivh last night before the patch because I thought he had been reworked already. I felt absolutely useless. He can't be worse now. :)

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Thoughts on jungle sonya: she's good.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
What do you call it when people have the rough outline of a good idea but the wrong application of it? Like "don't pick fights when you're underleveled, try to soak and get XP," that's good advice to follow, right? But "yes, the enemy team has 20 and we don't but they're 5-manning a keep in bot lane and if we don't do something they will get it for free" is not a scenario where, as far as I can tell, the proper response is for Zeratul to go all the way top to fight minions to try and get XP.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I'm the Zeratul.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

AlmightyBob posted:

How is medivh now? I've been at work all day

Having Master's Touch from the word go is so nice. I came out of a game just now with 23 stacks at the 1 minute mark because of the mid lane clusterfuck.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So did they redub Morales for the new skin or is that just what she sounds like without the modulation?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Kai Tave posted:

What do you call it when people have the rough outline of a good idea but the wrong application of it? Like "don't pick fights when you're underleveled, try to soak and get XP," that's good advice to follow, right? But "yes, the enemy team has 20 and we don't but they're 5-manning a keep in bot lane and if we don't do something they will get it for free" is not a scenario where, as far as I can tell, the proper response is for Zeratul to go all the way top to fight minions to try and get XP.
They know just enough to be dangerous (but only to themselves and their team.)

Sindai fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 7, 2018

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

BrianBoitano posted:

e: someone else, an actually observant person:
"This was their excuse to squeeze boobplate and armor cleavage onto a space marine"

I question how observant they are, given that Enforcer Morales does not have any chest armor and therefore no boobplate.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Sindai posted:

They know just enough to be dangerous (but only to themselves and their team.)

It's frustrating because it's like the exact opposite of the problem where people don't soak XP and so you wind up behind. I'm a big fan of people laning, soaking, all that good stuff, but there's a reason it's called "forcing a fight," and it's because the alternative is something you'd rather have an underleveled fight over than let go for free, and when that free thing is "one of the structures between their team and the core" you'd think it would become apparent that oh hey, it's a bit too late to start frantically doing your homework now.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Kai Tave posted:

morales syndrome?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

we somehow won this 4 levels up

Only registered members can see post attachments!