Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I saw a very ss13 story in the Oxygen Not Included thread a week or two ago. One of the player's colonists had a quirk where they farted natural gas. The player didn't realize this and eventually the natural gas sunk down and clogged the colony CO2 scrubbers and next thing you know, entire group is suffocating to death because of one man's unfortunate flatulence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Weeping Wound posted:

welded LOCKERS, on the other hand... :toughguy:

Footholes in a welded floorlocker makes you invisible, its great.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

dogstile posted:

From the sounds of it you guys would make it a funny thing, rather than the typical random beatdowns i'd used to get from non-traitors.

If someone breaks into the room I'm working in and doesn't respond when I try to talk to them, I used to just flush myself down the disposal chute and come back later.

I was not a fan of the disposals belt being sped up.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

:getin:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Gonna name it Goonstation?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Donut station, because no one would get it besides goons.

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

Stationy McStationface

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I followed the captain into the bridge on Clarion as a clown. I drank his champagne and ran around honking and farting. He yelled at me to get out then broke a wine glass and started stabbing me with it!

I ran into the AI chamber while the other head on the bridge started yelling that the captain was a clown-murdering traitor. I got permastunned but was able to set up a law that made shoes illegal.

I started yelling LET ME OUT on the radio. The chaplain let me out somehow. The captain was lynched and committed suicide. The chaplain announced he knew how to get us out and biblefarted. All four of us on the bridge biblefarted in turn and the shuttle was called. It was 18 minutes into the round.

Then the nuke ops showed up and blew up the station before the shuttle arrived. A+ clowning.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Even with context, what? I think this should be added to the OP because any way I parse it it's funny.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Good clowning

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Space Station 13: I was able to set up a law that made shoes illegal

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
What is biblefarting?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
On goonstation farting on the bible causes you to instantly gib (explode) with the message "X has been smited by a mysterious force!"

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Speaking of gibbing: I was pleased to discover that running up to someone, opening up a locker filled with explosive vegetables and a remote igniter right next to them, then detonating it from a safe distance (around 5 tiles) gibs them instantly and creates an impressive hole in the station.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

I can't believe there are 177 people playing the aliens server during the evening

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pacra posted:

I can't believe there are 177 people playing the aliens server during the evening

It's fun. :shrug:

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
i love too die from friendly fire

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Love to hear the overconfident milsperg speak devolve into pathetic cries for help as my allies are devoured one by one

Playing medic and choosing to save the less annoying ones is basically https://youtu.be/D5sl36Vtoa0

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Playing doctor is pretty fun. The surgery gameplay is pretty deep. The community seems to have settled down abit; mods seemed to have clamped down on the racism that comes from the /tg/ players.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
SS13/Goonstation is my favourite game and it blows my mind that theres only like 1-30 people at any time who feel the same way.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Isaac posted:

SS13/Goonstation is my favourite game and it blows my mind that theres only like 1-30 people at any time who feel the same way.

There's a huge amount of SS13 players that are extremely salty about not being able to call people human being niggers, for some reason. :shrug:

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Isaac posted:

I think a good deal of people have either burned out on the game from almost a decade of playing, plus newbies to the genre are more attracted to the more recent, more high population servers with much different game modes, as well as different moderation/administration as mentioned above (for good, or more often for ill.)

I think the only way you'll see a renaissance of Goonstation back to the multiple-packed server days is if a full standalone server/client is developed from the open source by either a team that picks up where the project left off including creating art from scratch that was not included in the release, or by one insane Toady One-style dev.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

The Shortest Path posted:

There's a huge amount of SS13 players that are extremely salty about not being able to call people human being niggers, for some reason. :shrug:

Maybe they want to RP this movie?

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

The Shortest Path posted:

That is why spray tan is great.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I haven't been able to play in a while, too busy with work and other obligations. I miss Goonstation. :(

Triage is the right idea when playing medic, dylguy, except you tend to fall into that hole where the only people you end up saving are the clown and Irene Mincene.

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Is this game on a deal right now?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

DaFrugalGamer posted:

Is this game on a deal right now?

Yes, for the low price of downloading the Byond client, you can play for a recurring subscription of your dignity.

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET

Mors Rattus posted:

Yes, for the low price of downloading the Byond client, you can play for a recurring subscription of your dignity.

I was going to answer his question but I just knew if I waited someone else would post something better

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Heartcatch posted:

I haven't been able to play in a while, too busy with work and other obligations. I miss Goonstation. :(

Triage is the right idea when playing medic, dylguy, except you tend to fall into that hole where the only people you end up saving are the clown and Irene Mincene.

Worth it since I’m a good medic too :colbert:

Unless I’m Ireen the Clown that round. Then I hope you like eating bananas.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Heartcatch posted:

the clown is the only crewmember worth saving. the ideal escape shuttle should consist of yourself and the clown.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Ideally you should try and be on the good side of the clown, but only if they're too squirrely to be pummeled with farts.

Chump clowns are no good for anyone.

monolithburger fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Mar 11, 2018

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

quote:

HELP: You: The AI is on the Robocop laws. I was caught as a traitor, spent time in jail, was let out, murdered, cloned, killed, borged. Can I kill my borger under Directive 3?
Admin PM from-hukhukhuk (IRC): lemme see
Admin PM from-hukhukhuk (IRC): did he break the law, are you serving the public trust/protecting the innocent?
HELP: You: Oh yeah, he's been rude.
Admin PM from-hukhukhuk (IRC): is he an OCP officer?
HELP: You: The law specifically states Directives 1 through 3 so <CLASSIFIED> does not apply.
Admin PM from-hukhukhuk (IRC): haha, i was just messing with you, i dont see a problem with it thanks for the adminhelp

What led up to this is left an exercise for the reader.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I was the captain last night and some dude borged me without asking. I assumed he was gonna put me in a syndicate frame or somethung but nope. Just thought the cap needed to be a borg

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Isaac posted:

I was the captain last night and some dude borged me without asking. I assumed he was gonna put me in a syndicate frame or somethung but nope. Just thought the cap needed to be a borg

It was covered a couple pages back, if that dude was not a traitor, that sort of behavior should be reported to the admins, because it's blatantly murder.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
In a case of life imitating art, someone had a cheap effective non gun solution to increasing school safety against shooters: give every classroom a fire extinguisher. Shooter in the area? Hide behind the door, if they enter, blast em with freezing cold co2 to blind/disorientate/suffocate them temporarily and then subdue. If needed, club them with the extinguisher and throw them out an airlock

No word yet on mandatory school clowns as an additional safety option

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
What if we just give the teachers Chem access and let them fill the extinguisher with whatever mix they want.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

School Station 13 would be dope

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

It's always space lube and you know it.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Schools need Ol' Harner

Adbot