Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Huh, didn't realize they made that game too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Nintendo finally enabled use of gold points on switch games in the eShop as of March 5:
https://my.nintendo.com/about_gold_point

tl;dr summary
  • 1 gold point = 1 cent, so 200 gold points = 2 bucks off
  • You get gold points for purchases, which basically acts as a 5% rebate for eShop purchases and 1% rebate for physical Switch game purchases

Other details posted:

Important Information

• Gold Points expire after 12 months on the last day of the month in which they were earned.
  • Purchases made on Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, or Wii U, or on Nintendo.com (where available), will automatically earn Gold Points based on 5% of the total paid amount (excluding any points or discounts used).
  • When purchasing retail package versions of Nintendo Switch software, points will be awarded when the software is registered via the HOME Menu on Nintendo Switch.
  • Purchases of Nintendo 3DS or Wii U DLC do not qualify to earn Gold Points. Additionally, subscriptions, passes, in-game items, or virtual currency do not qualify to earn Gold Points.
  • When redeeming a download code, Gold Points will be issued automatically.
  • Gold Points for physical Nintendo Switch software can only be claimed within one year of the game's original release date for countries in the North American and Australian regions, and within two years for the European region.
  • Gold Points can be used toward eligible digital game and DLC purchases for the Nintendo Switch system, excluding passes, automatic renewals, in-game items, and virtual currency.

they do say "on select switch games", so i don't know if this is going to be limited to like 2 games as per nintendo's usual

e: seems to work fine on a number of games so far!

duckfarts fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Mar 7, 2018

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Tried it randomly on Dragon Quest Builder. It had the option to use all 516 gold coins on it to knock that amount off in cash. No clue how large the limit is through, but at least it works on a more random game then just Mario x Rabbits.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Rirse posted:

Tried it randomly on Dragon Quest Builder. It had the option to use all 516 gold coins on it to knock that amount off in cash. No clue how large the limit is through, but at least it works on a more random game then just Mario x Rabbits.

I tried going to checkout on Golf Story, DQ Builder, and Resident Evil Revelations 2 (which is on sale) and it applied to all of them.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Works on dlc too it seems, as it giving me the option to use on the Xenoblade 2 season pass.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Rirse posted:

Works on dlc too it seems, as it giving me the option to use on the Xenoblade 2 season pass.

Oh wow, had no idea about this. I've been wanting a reason to pop XC2 back in!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Stupid Mulaka!

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Nintendo continues supporting the 3DS like they said they would

Every internet poster forgets a week later

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
I wish they'd kept the stereo 3D support in the Switch, even if just in handheld mode on certain games.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Agent Escalus posted:

I wish they'd kept the stereo 3D support in the Switch, even if just in handheld mode on certain games.

They don't even keep it in the actual 3DS anymore with every recent game not using it :(

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Saoshyant posted:

They don't even keep it in the actual 3DS anymore with every recent game not using it :(

The just-announced Captain Toad port has it!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The just-announced Captain Toad port has it!

Hey, missed that. Totally getting this version, then.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

continuing to support the 3ds with *checks wiki* a port of a 17 year old game

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week's drop (all releases March 8, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EST/9am PST for NA, 15.00 CET/14.00 GMT for Europe.

Switch
30-in-1 Game Collection Vol. 1 - $ ? / £13.49 / €14.99 (? NA / Mar 8 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Defend your village against Vikings, climb to the top of the tower and overcome obstacles, play a round of hockey, switch colours and pass safely through gates, or play the classics such as Snake, Memory or cup game! In this abundance of pick-up-and-play games, you can play solo, or get the party started, as over half of the games have support for up to four players.

ACA NeoGeo Real Bout Fatal Fury - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
"REAL BOUT FATAL FURY" is a fighting game released by SNK in 1995. Using the previous system as a base, isolating the Sweep Button, the inclusion of Combination Attacks, and other elements such as ring outs make for an even speedier and tempo-based play style. Sixteen fighters battle it out to see who is the strongest.

Bit Dungeon+ - $8.99 / £8.09 / €8.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Explore randomised dungeons and hack and slash your way through dangerous bosses. The difficulty increases as you become stronger and stronger. Build your character how you want with deadly passive abilities.

Bleed 2 - $14.99 / £13.49 / €14.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
A furiously fun and fast-paced arcade action game, Bleed 2 welcomes back pink-haired heroine Wryn, the world's greatest – and only remaining – hero, as she fights to defend the globe from an invading force of villains. Master the art of air-dodging and bullet-reflecting to stylishly take down a relentless barrage of bad guys and bosses (and naughty kittys!), and make sure Wryn lives up to her title as the Greatest Hero of All Time!

Earthlock - $29.90 / £22.49 / €24.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
EARTHLOCK is an adventure RPG inspired by the classic 3D RPGs of the late 90's, with a fresh take on turn based combat and character progression.

Fear Effect Sedna - $17.99 / £15.99 / €19.95 (£14.39 / €17.95 until Mar 20) (Mar 6)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Thrilling action and stealth gameplay enhanced by the Fear system, an exciting story and ultra-stylish cutscenes. Harness your team's dynamic abilities to tackle enemies and puzzles like never before. This is the quintessential sequel for existing fans and a perfect starting point for newcomers.

Flinthook - $14.99 / £10.99 / €12.25 (Mar 9)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Flinthook is a fast action-platformer with roguelike elements. Become space’s greatest pirate with your hookshot, pistol and slowmo powers!

I, Zombie - $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Command your zombie horde and infect the whole world! Fool the military and ensure no one stays safe – it's the Zombiepocalypse, with built-in level editor!

The Men of Yoshiwara: Ohgiya - $14.99 / £13.49 / €14.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
"The Men of Yoshiwara: Ohgiya" is a popular romance game in Japan aimed at a female audience. Step into the pleasure district of Yoshiwara with the roles of male and female reversed and enjoy a heart-rending love story.

Midnight Deluxe - $4.99 / £4.99 / €4.99 ($3.99 / £3.99 / €3.99 until Mar 18) (Mar 9)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
In this golf-like game with a perpetual darkness setting, your task is to guide a little square-shaped fairy, named Midnight.

North - $2.99 / £2.69 / €2.99 (Mar 6)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Dealing with the issue of the contemporary refugee crisis while at the same time being deeply rooted in a classical cyberpunk atmosphere à la Blade Runner, NORTH features a dark synthpop soundtrack, a sprawling mega-city and weird monster-like inhabitants.

One Eyed Kutkh - $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99 (Mar 9)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
A single traveller on his way home crashes on a mysterious planet. To continue his journey, he'll have to get to the ninth heaven, deceive the Sun and the Moon and steal their space-boats.

Scribblenauts: Showdown - $39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99 (Mar 6 NA / Mar 9 EU)
Retail/Digital - [NA] [EU]
Use your imagination and go head-to-head in the ultimate multiplayer showdown! Enjoy a party-style Scribblenauts experience, conjuring from over 35,000 objects from the vast Scribblenauts dictionary to outsmart your opponent in over 25 mini-games!

Spy Chameleon - $7.99 / £ ? / € ? (Mar 9 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Spy Chameleon is an arcade-puzzle game where the player must avoid being seen thanks to the chameleon's ability to change colors and camouflage.

Steredenn: Binary Stars - $12.99 / £11.99 / €12.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Steredenn: Binary Stars is an award-winning mashup of a classic shmup and a rogue-like, carved in big beautiful pixels, with insane boss battles. Fly solo or co-op with a friend, fighting off the worst scourges of space in a never-ending struggle for survival.

The Trail: Frontier Challenge - $14.99 / £11.99 / €14.99 (Mar 8 NA / Feb 28 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Join pioneers from across land and sea in an epic journey across an undiscovered country! Walk down the single track path of destiny at a calm and measured pace! Get out there and make your mark upon the world, adventurer! And you are not alone in your travels! Every person you meet on The Trail is another player who will trade with you at campfires located along the way.

TurtlePop: Journey to Freedom - $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99 (Mar 9)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
TurtlePop: Journey to Freedom is a platform puzzle game that introduces Bebo, Deephi, Slimmie, Smarts, Willis and Sparky the Turtle. Master new gameplay with multi-character control and turtle-linking, environment manipulation, item deployment and match-3 mechanics that make challenges even more fresh, intense and fun!

World Conqueror X - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
EasyTech brings its studied and skillful approach to World War II strategy gaming with World Conqueror X on Nintendo Switch.

New 3DS
Brick Thru - $1.49 / £ 1.39 / €1.49 (Mar 8 NA / Mar 1 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Welcome to high-speed brick dodging with BRICK THRU. The player must quickly dash left or right finding an open space in the game board as the oncoming bricks try to knock you out. See how long you can go and rack up a high score! Endless fun for everyone!

Cycle of Eternity: Space Anomaly - $ ? / £4.49 / €4.99 (? NA / Mar 8 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The story is twisted around three graduates of the space fleet, who fell into a time trap. Trying to get home, they get into an even bigger mess. Classic turn-based RPG with an unusual story set in space.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Post-Direct Updated release schedule... (3DS games in italics).

March 16: Kirby: Star Allies
March 23: Pokken Tournament DX Battle Pack (Wave 2), Detective Pikachu

April 20: Nintendo Labo
April 24: South Park: The Fractured But Whole
"April": Splatoon 2 Ver 3.0 Update

May 4: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (w/ Funky Kong Easy Mode)
May 15: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux (NA)
May 18: Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition, Little Nightmares: Complete Edition, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux (EU)
May 25: Dark Souls Remastered, Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers
"May": Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection

June 8: Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido, Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido
June 22: Mario Tennis Aces

July 10: Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy
July 13: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Octopath Traveller, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
July 27: WarioWare Gold

"Spring 2018": Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle Story DLC feat. Donkey Kong
"Summer 2018": Okami HD, SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy, Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
"2018": Super Smash Bros, Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, The World Ends With You: Final Remix, Yoshi For Nintendo Switch, Runner 3, Luigi's Mansion
"2019": Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey
"Eventually": Undertale

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I need the octo expansion now!!!!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Did they really make a new Fear Effect game?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Two in fact since there's a remake of the first game in production too.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

irlZaphod posted:

Post-Direct Updated release schedule... (3DS games in italics).

So, nothing good until the end of June? Bleh.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Don't knock Cardboard Robot Simulator.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im excited for Hyrule Warriors but only because I've never played it before. But other than that yeah, looks like Mario Tennis is the next major switch release Im excited about

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable
I can't wait to buy Hyrule Warriors for the third time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Best Buy's doing 25% off a few 3DS eShop games for MAR10 - Super Mario Land 1 & 2, SMB DX, SMB3, Dr. Mario Miracle Cure, Dr. Mario GB: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/mario-day-digital-games

Mario Run is also 50% off on iOS/Android.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Coldforge posted:

So, nothing good until the end of June? Bleh.
That depends on your definition of "good", and whether or not you had a Wii U. At least there are multiple games releasing every month pretty much.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
My definition of "good" is SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Well then you're going to be waiting until an unspecified Summer date for something good.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I really hope that the next Mario Tennis for the Switch is good. The Wii U one was so utterly awful.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

JustJeff88 posted:

I really hope that the next Mario Tennis for the Switch is good. The Wii U one was so utterly awful.

The Wii U one had a good base but literally zero content. It’s like it was an early alpha they pushed out quickly for what the Switch one looks to be.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Didn’t they say the new one will be the first Mario tennis with a full story?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

santanotreal posted:

Didn’t they say the new one will be the first Mario tennis with a full story?

Since the GBA one. The GBC and GBA Tennis games also had a story mode.

It looks good but I wish they brought back the weird human characters for it as well.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I personally don't care about a story mode, I just want something that feels sort of like a fun tennis-light without the moronic gimmick of "I BE BIG NOW!!!!"

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

JustJeff88 posted:

I personally don't care about a story mode, I just want something that feels sort of like a fun tennis-light without the moronic gimmick of "I BE BIG NOW!!!!"

I miss Hot Shots Tennis :(

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The story mode on the GBC Mario Tennis was pretty fun actually

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I played the hell out of the story in GBC Golf. My dream Switch game is an HD Mario Golf with the story mode back.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

bowmore posted:

The story mode on the GBC Mario Tennis was pretty fun actually

Yeah it was great

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

At least there's a standard mode for people who don't want breakable racquets or special power shots etc. I'm kind of on the fence, I'll probably enjoy both but I'm glad they included the standard mode.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i think the systems they detailed in the direct sound fun and i'm glad they're trying something actually new and thought out. if it was just straight up mario tennis or straight up mario tennis with a light rpg mechanics story mode i'd be completely uninterested. i have those games already

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

At least there's a standard mode for people who don't want breakable racquets or special power shots etc. I'm kind of on the fence, I'll probably enjoy both but I'm glad they included the standard mode.

I was going to ask why you would play Mario tennis if you were just going to play tennis, but then i realized tennis videogames are dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

I played the hell out of the story in GBC Golf. My dream Switch game is an HD Mario Golf with the story mode back.

That’s Golf Story.

I really want mario golf 64 to get rereleased.

The MG64 courses in the 3ds mario golf were nice but not the same.