Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Mr. Pickles posted:

I do, but I get the "cling" you get when you hit armor, or so I think

Charged attack will damage black rats, does it get chaos too?

Go grab one of the armored training dummies in your base. There are 5 dummies in there and two are armored. Go cling it about and you should be able to find out. It really helps with new weapons.

If a target is armored, it doesn't matter if it is skaven or chaos. Armor is armor.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Mar 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Axe and shield is a million times better than hammer and shield

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Yup, only I've had bad luck with lewt so far.

No flamethrower, no axe/shield, no 2h hammer... FML

I've only played around 10 rounds on Vet though, finished only 4 of them so I shouldn't be complaining

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Raged posted:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Mr. Pickles posted:

Yup, only I've had bad luck with lewt so far.

No flamethrower, no axe/shield, no 2h hammer... FML

I've only played around 10 rounds on Vet though, finished only 4 of them so I shouldn't be complaining

You can always craft one!

Assuming you're at the level where you unlock the base versions :v:

Really enjoying Saltzpyre after giving him a try and looking at his talents. Getting bonuses to tag poo poo has got me spamming the ping button like a mad man and I keep finding random loot rats off in the distance for pubbie elfs to snipe. Got double loot die off one earlier, life is good.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Raged posted:

I find this true until axe can't easily kill things on higher difficulties and then I wish I had a hammer for more cc.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i tried out the axe and shield last night and it really messed with me how you can't just chain charged attacks to shield smash crowds back for breathing room like in vermintide 1

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Supposedly you'll have to utilize the shield push too in order to get the cc you need. In V1it was pretty lame how the push function essentially did nothing and was hardly ever used except to break stormvermin charged attacks

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Shove rips aggro from teammates, or so I've heard, so tank builds with shields seem pretty dang viable this go around.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

What weapon for Saltz had the best mix of crowd clearing and special fighting? I have tried the rapier and falchion, the former seemed to have awful fast attacks and the latter had pretty bad penetration. Are the big swords the way to go?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

since it takes stamina though shoving directly competes with blocking for the same resource

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I'm a stupid newbie and all that, but if you shove and everything is now sitting on their butts they can't hit you, thus saving stamina.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Internet Explorer posted:

I'm a stupid newbie and all that, but if you shove and everything is now sitting on their butts they can't hit you, thus saving stamina.

the guys too far away from the shove to get knocked on their butts fill in the space that you shoved back the guys next to you from and poke you with their pointy things though

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Is there a good breakdown somewhere of how to do melee combat for Vermintide? I feel like I’m lacking in that department

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

don't get poked by the guys with pointy things

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

1. Left click
2. Let go of W
3. Press A or D and space, hell even try S and space
4. If you need to, press W again
5. If surrounded, right and left click

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

whatever you do, don't lick the chaos spawn

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Minrad posted:

Shove rips aggro from teammates, or so I've heard, so tank builds with shields seem pretty dang viable this go around.
Didn't it do this in the first game too?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Oh yah, press F

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

and t, press t a lot

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Rebind t and normal attack to left click

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Third World Reggin posted:

Go grab one of the armored training dummies in your base. There are 5 dummies in there and two are armored. Go cling it about and you should be able to find out. It really helps with new weapons.

If a target is armored, it doesn't matter if it is skaven or chaos. Armor is armor.

Except when it comes to ranged weapons. Chaos Warrior armor blocks all ranged fire that's not a headshot or from the Bardain/Kruber's rifle unless you're rocking a strength potion. Even stuff that normally penetrates armor like the longbow and bolt staff get soaked on body shots to a chaos warrior.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ok you can lick the chaos spawn but just this once

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

What weapon for Saltz had the best mix of crowd clearing and special fighting? I have tried the rapier and falchion, the former seemed to have awful fast attacks and the latter had pretty bad penetration. Are the big swords the way to go?
Those two weapons improve drastically one you improve your Power. Not much, to maybe 100 or so. The rapier has really quick fast attacks and will stunlock a ton of rats, plus WHC's ability ups your killing power a bit with those since you get kills on crit-headshots regardless of damage. The falchion's penetration is pretty poor, but charged attacks help quite a bit with it and its killy as gently caress. Personally, I think those two are his best melee weapons at the moment, simply because they are the most versatile of his. The first few levels of WHC make you feel really weak but you start feeling a lot more powerful pretty quickly.

DeathSandwich posted:

Except when it comes to ranged weapons. Chaos Warrior armor blocks all ranged fire that's not a headshot or from the Bardain/Kruber's rifle unless you're rocking a strength potion. Even stuff that normally penetrates armor like the longbow and bolt staff get soaked on body shots to a chaos warrior.
Crits also bypass it.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Is there a good breakdown somewhere of how to do melee combat for Vermintide? I feel like I’m lacking in that department

From the first game, but still relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs7V_quitpk

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008

Ravenfood posted:

Those two weapons improve drastically one you improve your Power. Not much, to maybe 100 or so. The rapier has really quick fast attacks and will stunlock a ton of rats, plus WHC's ability ups your killing power a bit with those since you get kills on crit-headshots regardless of damage. The falchion's penetration is pretty poor, but charged attacks help quite a bit with it and its killy as gently caress. Personally, I think those two are his best melee weapons at the moment, simply because they are the most versatile of his. The first few levels of WHC make you feel really weak but you start feeling a lot more powerful pretty quickly.

Crits also bypass it.

Also the rapier is very easy to headshot with on charged attacks, and the attack comes out fast. I only use normal attacks in swarm situations, and even then you can still headshot. It's by far my favorite weapon for Saltzpyre, as it was in VT1.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Stats I'd like to see listed post-game:

- Damage taken
- Hits Blocked
- Healing items used on self or Life healed

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cowcaster posted:

ok you can lick the chaos spawn but just this once

:lsd: :slick: :catdrugs: :slick: :lsd:

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Gamerofthegame posted:

Gotta hit the head, which is admittedly difficult with Baldin.

No, the hammers and axes for the most part deal damage on light attacks to armor. If the red shield pops up, you did nothing. The clanking noise is just the impact sound of a weapon on chaos armor. poo poo's all metal yo.

Hammers don't do a lot, but you can spam out a lot of attacks.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The Gate posted:

No, the hammers and axes for the most part deal damage on light attacks to armor. If the red shield pops up, you did nothing. The clanking noise is just the impact sound of a weapon on chaos armor. poo poo's all metal yo.

Hammers don't do a lot, but you can spam out a lot of attacks.

The 1h hammers do not do damage on light attacks to armor.
The 2h hammers do though.

EDIT: correction, the 4th swing on a 1h hammer does go through armor. But lol.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 7, 2018

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Any axe and the 2h hammers (along with a couple of edge cases like the falchion) are dedicated can openers. All of their attacks (light or otherwise) will punch through armor and do damage regardless of anything else. ALL melee weapons can punch through armor on charged attacks, but do varying amounts of damage based on if the attack is a wide sweep (does lower damage, think Kruber and Sienna's longsword or the elf's dual swords) or more of an overhead crushing attack (does more damage, think elf single sword, Bardain or Kruber's 1h mace w/o shield, and the elf double daggers).

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 7, 2018

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

one of the things that the missing stat bars from vermintide 1 for weapons has obscured is whether light attacks or charged attacks function as your single-target/multi-target/armor-piercing/etc. attacks, and testing out each new weapon on the training dummies is a slightly worse replacement for it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Just run Bardin's 2H hammer, walk directly up to the face of a Chaos Warrior, look at their chin, light attack. Repeat four times, block in between if necessary.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

some quick testing on light attacks with hammer and shield and also axe and shield

hammer and shield can hit up to 4 targets
axe and shield can hit up to 2 targets

And from more testing I got a feeling mass is now considered for how many targets you can hit. Some times I can hit 4 or 3 depending on if I hit someone in armor first or last on the training dummies.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I'm the best Pyromancer

This was a good round because the Kruber was like "This is the most boring round I've ever played"

And I'm just thinking the whole time "Well you and the Slayer could just not stand behind me and actually go do something if you're bored, there's 1000+ enemies here." then they just got visibly salty and kinda meandered about doing nothing after halfway point. Seriously I'm saying "Let's funnel 'em come on" and they all just stood behind me and I killed the entire horde alone and I keep looking over totally confused.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm the best gyromancer, because i love to eat gyros

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Is it actually possible to dodge the leech witch's grabby magic, or are you just always going to lose half your health if they show up and grab you in the middle of a horde?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sacrificial Toast posted:

Is it actually possible to dodge the leech witch's grabby magic, or are you just always going to lose half your health if they show up and grab you in the middle of a horde?

Dodge no, but if you're fast enough you can self-interrupt them grabbing you by shooting at them ahead of time. Since they love to teleport in behind you and immediately grab you with no windup, not a great solution, admittedly.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress even is a mayfly

The elf sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Sacrificial Toast posted:

If you're not directly next to them, yes. Problem is they usually pop in behind you. But they do actually shoot out a projectile mist looking thing that can miss.

• Locked thread