Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
It's not about the money. It's mostly just impressive how not-good it is.

I was genuinely hoping to like the combat more, though. Maybe that'll change when I grow my character more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Rinkles posted:

I was genuinely hoping to like the combat more, though. Maybe that'll change when I grow my character more.

It never really changes, no. You do more damage but the enemies have more health. Excitement.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Rinkles posted:

it doesnt get better

if you value your time at all, then listen to the OVERWHELMINGLY negative opinions on this game and just stop

nobody should buy or play this game, it's not even worth it for $0

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
How many times have I advised people to take that $10 and spend it on junk food?

No one ever listens

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Please buy something better than Mass Effect Andromeda, like a pack of Newport Reds or Chipotle.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Truly you now understand the frustration of Commander Shepard attempting to warn the galactic races of the oncoming reaper threat.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it could be worse, instead of being out the price of a panera lunch you could be like one of the people who, in response to the overwhelmingly negative previews/reviews, went and bought themselves a collector's edition in a show of defiance

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
they arent really 'people' tho

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cowcaster posted:

it could be worse, instead of being out the price of a panera lunch you could be like one of the people who, in response to the overwhelmingly negative previews/reviews, went and bought themselves a collector's edition in a show of defiance

The rise of Brand Defenders is one of my favorite things about our current hellscape. Like the people who buy five tickets to Justice League specifically in the hopes that it'll do better than the Marvel movies.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Love 2 buy $130 krogan plushies to trigger the libs.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The rise of Brand Defenders is one of my favorite things about our current hellscape. Like the people who buy five tickets to Justice League specifically in the hopes that it'll do better than the Marvel movies.

Somehow the DCU people seem like the most pathetic of the Brand Defenders.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
when someone irl says "I prefer DC films because theyre darker" my eyes roll back into my head so far I have an aneurysm and die

every time

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

DC films are really dark... because they make you want to close your eyes lmao!! Much like Mass Effect Andromeda, that is if any of the character models were capable of closing their eyes.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

DC films are really dark... because they make you want to close your eyes lmao!!

lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

exquisite tea posted:

DC films are really dark... because they make you want to close your eyes lmao!!

:coolspot:

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

I replayed Papers, Please. It's a much better game (with more emotional involvement) than ME:A, and the entire game is you looking at documents.

Spend your $5-$10 on that.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I think I'm going to spend money on some Nachos Bell Grande

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Some of the augmentations seem fun, but unless you can dependably find duplicates, it's going to be one of those potentially cool things that's underused for fear of using the rare thing wrong/too early. Let us experiment a bit with your toys, developers.

There's no way of extracting used augmentations, is there?

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 7, 2018

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Moola posted:

when someone irl says "I prefer DC films because theyre darker" my eyes roll back into my head so far I have an aneurysm and die

every time

[Woke marvel voice] if you love dark films have you heard of Black Panther?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

[Woke marvel voice] if you love dark films have you heard of Black Panther?

noice

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I really should never uninstall ME1-3, I always end up wanting to play them a few days after doing that. Then they take forever to reinstall because I also need to set up all the huge-rear end texture mods again. Well, I don't need to, but the original textures don't hold up so well when you blow up the resolution to 1440p or 4K.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I bought ME2 again on Origin because my original install was such a pain to set up again with each DLC pack requiring a separate install (and with the tiny armor packs that ended up being like 10+ DLC packs)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Some of the augmentations seem fun, but unless you can dependably find duplicates, it's going to be one of those potentially cool things that's underused for fear of using the rare thing wrong/too early. Let us experiment a bit with your toys, developers.

There's no way of extracting used augmentations, is there?

If you’re on PC, consider using cheat engine to go hogwild and experiment with crafting without consequence. If you’re on ps4, uhh, sorry

I’m a moron who ultimately kind of liked andromeda a little bit but even I will tell you that if you’re not enjoying it now, it isn’t gonna get better. The gameplay doesn’t improve and there’s no story or emotional payoff or anything waiting for you at the end of the game that’s gonna be worth it if you aren’t having fun playing it. No shame in quitting imo

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

If you’re on PC, consider using cheat engine to go hogwild and experiment with crafting without consequence. If you’re on ps4, uhh, sorry
Might just do that. Is that a one and done thing, or do I have to run CE each time I want to use cheat-gained resources?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Might just do that. Is that a one and done thing, or do I have to run CE each time I want to use cheat-gained resources?

I don’t know what the state of it is now, but the table I used had a thing that made your resources increase instead of decrease when you tried to sell them. So I spent a few minutes exponentially increasing my stockpile of mats and research and never worried about it again.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

If you got time to play MEA then you got too much free time

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Zelder posted:

If you got time to play MEA then you got too much free time

Verily

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

They somehow managed to even gently caress up something on the level of the skip-dialog button (the way it's set up, you'll inadvertently end up skipping an additional line if you're not very careful).

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
One thing I liked about the first three mass effect games is how during dialogue options your mouse was invisible and moving it only switched your conversation options. I don't know why they kept the dialogue wheel but when back to having your mouse free to click across the screen from Dragon age 2 onwards. It's such a tiny detail but I found it handy

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I think someone would have to pay me $50 to play this game

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

lmao if you play console games with the mouse

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Moola posted:

I think someone would have to pay me $50 to play this game

your fall over the duration of this thread was the best story in ME:A friend

Moola posted:

im actually super freaking excited for Andromeda

2016 was a different time

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

i'm proud that myself, tea and the other naysayers called it correctly from the start :shrug:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

i'm proud that myself, tea and the other naysayers called it correctly from the start :shrug:

When a game is showing less off than Fallout 4's launch trailer, that's a bad sign.

I was almost impressed with how boring the companions looked in the previews. A series known for its squadmates, and they couldn't come up with a single interesting hook. I mean, Drack's gimmick was "Old", which Wrex did back in ME1 along with half a dozen other things.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

ah to be young again

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Milky Moor posted:

Lookin' at my post history itt and it was fire from the start, glad we held strong against the haters.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

started at the bottom and we're still here

i think i took a break from the thread when the game came out because i was worried about plot spoilers. maybe i am the dumbest person in this thread

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ainsley McTree posted:

maybe i am the dumbest person in this thread

I pride myself on being the dumbest person in every thread

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Moola posted:

I pride myself on being the dumbest person in every thread

Have you met AGBD?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah he's a loving retard with takes like "Mass Effect 3 is poo poo, Andromeda is poo poo, and Destiny 2 is poo poo."