Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

thank you! is there any difference between that aim controller and the thing sony released for the ps3 where you put those two controllers in the gun shell?

it's not the same thing but i have no idea if you can con it into working with the ps3-ish one

the movement in farpoint means you can like look at the side of your gun realistically (by lifting your aim controller and "looking" at its side)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

univbee posted:

it's not the same thing but i have no idea if you can con it into working with the ps3-ish one

the movement in farpoint means you can like look at the side of your gun realistically (by lifting your aim controller and "looking" at its side)

ok gently caress it i will just buy it then.

thanks for all the info

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

univbee posted:

how's the eve online psvr game

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

anthonypants posted:

i don't have it so i don't know

i have a pretty big stack of games i haven't played yet i should really get to

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

anthonypants posted:

didn't they shut it down or are going to?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I just bought the PS4 aim controller thing from gamestop for $59

is there any reason i see used ones going for $80 on ebay? is there some weird money laundering scheme that i am not privy to?

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 2, 2018

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

they were heavily underproduced at first and hard to come by

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

univbee posted:

they were heavily underproduced at first and hard to come by

oh, these goobers are apparently too lazy to google

one has bids on it for $82 right now and its used lol

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The first 5 minutes of eve valkyrie is insanely cool and atmospheric, but then it's a giant disappointment when you realize there's no single player campaign and just a bunch of random skirmishes with little variety and it gets old really fast.

I want a VR remake of the old space opera classics like Freespace 2

Lets hope the windows AR hype keeps VR on life support long enough for the hardware to get better.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

r u ready to WALK posted:

The first 5 minutes of eve valkyrie is insanely cool and atmospheric, but then it's a giant disappointment when you realize there's no single player campaign and just a bunch of random skirmishes with little variety and it gets old really fast.

I want a VR remake of the old space opera classics like Freespace 2

Lets hope the windows AR hype keeps VR on life support long enough for the hardware to get better.

not everything can be exciting as eve online’s spreadsheets, mining and gate sentry duty

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Endless Mike posted:

i don't know about that but maybe you're thinking of dust 514 for the ps3, their first-person shooter? the psvr one is the spaceship combat game

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

anthonypants posted:

i don't know about that but maybe you're thinking of dust 514 for the ps3, their first-person shooter? the psvr one is the spaceship combat game

i think i was thinking of dust, then

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

dust 219 or whatever was incredibly bad. did it even make it out of "beta" before getting canned? the entire gimmick of the game was to have the worlds interact which... basically didn't happen afaik

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

someone bring back mag

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

sleepwalkers posted:

219 or whatever was incredibly bad.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

sleepwalkers posted:

dust 219 or whatever was incredibly bad. did it even make it out of "beta" before getting canned? the entire gimmick of the game was to have the worlds interact which... basically didn't happen afaik

Ccp held back from actually integrating the sovereignty mechanics and in-game currency. Supposedly, major roadblocks were not just in game design, but in the developer's capacity to understand their 2000s era codebase.

Oh, and no PC launch. For a PC game universe.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

yeah it was canned and sold off afaik

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

btw https://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/ is pretty good for janitoring linux boxes off windows, and can operate fully on top of putty profiles etc

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

No loving way.

I love this industry. I hate this industry.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

verge score 8.8

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

the microsoft code

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

In Soviet Apple They Used A Pram Clear

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

In Soviet Apple They Used A Pram Clear

so that's where pram's nickname comes from

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
winkey-alt-F-U

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
incredible

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

:staredog:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Make poo poo hardware, make poo poo sales.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Potato Salad posted:

Make poo poo hardware, make poo poo sales.

this doesn't track with the graph because it's showing sony with more sales and the ps4 is thoroughly poo poo, the xb1x moreso

moreover it's including nintendo in a graph of console sales which is inaccurate as nintendo makes gaming devices, not consoles

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

the bone x is fine, it’s just that it is what they should have released first instead of an abortion with a non user replaceable 500gb drive and 32 mb of ram

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
wasn’t it the wrong kind of ram too?

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

yea it was cheap/slow ram and the 32mb of esram was the bandaid that was supposed to make that better. a whole 32 megs of actually fast ram

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

I fixed it by buying a switch and a steam link

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

despite spending approximately infinity dollars microsoft has never had the best selling console, xbox got murdered by the ps2, 360 got outsold 2:1 by the wii [and eventually passed by the ps3] and the xbone has been like 1/2 the ps4 for almost its entire life and is on track for the switch to pass it as well even though it released 3 years later

microsoft got into the console business to beat sony and the only two consoles they've ever outsold are the gamecube and the wii u

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

it turns out that design by committee of middle managers is actually.........bad?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

NEED MORE MILK posted:

yea it was cheap/slow ram and the 32mb of esram was the bandaid that was supposed to make that better. a whole 32 megs of actually fast ram

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

NEED MORE MILK posted:

the bone x is fine, it’s just that it is what they should have released first instead of an abortion with a non user replaceable 500gb drive and 32 mb of ram
the xbonex has a non-replaceable 1TB drive, and iirc ~20% of it is used out of the box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

anthonypants posted:

the xbonex has a non-replaceable 1TB drive, and iirc ~20% of it is used out of the box

moreover, all the 4k patches for their leading games basically doubled the size of the game, negating any benefit in upgrading from a 500GB xbox