Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rhyno posted:

Peterson Museum was awwwwwwwesome. Only bad part was our tour had a fuckin know it all who kept trying to correct the guide.

Why didn't your wife tell you to shut up? :v:

Edit: Oh crap, new page and I don't own any dogs/cats. Have a generic funny dog pic.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey! We all know i dont know poo poo!

But yeah, this dude just would not stop and it was getting to the guide but he (Andy) kept his cool.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

War is coming

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It was a disgruntled employee. Next!

Actually IDK.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
An Asiana market opened across the street. They're open until 9, so I hit them up after work (mainly to get cheap awesome flour and oil with Japanese and Korean (it's mixed in the store) labels on all my poo poo). I did find one liter of this for a massive $3 flat. Even though I'm not really drinking this year (I did have a few Guinness[es?] right before the move), I think you can see why I had to purchase it. Even if it just sits on a shelf.

It was in the unrefrigerated section.

Gritty mouth-feel. Why?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I quite liked Virginia and found the people friendly. I did find the recreated native american camp at Jamestown was staffed pretty much exclusively 6' tall blonde Caucasian people that looked like they were from Sweden or maybe the Netherlands dressed in buckskin. The authenticity was a little low on that one.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I loving hate the state of Illinois, I've applied for 3 different vehicle titles in the past year. So far, I've recieved only 1 title and 1 set of license plates. The kicker is that the plates and title don't go to the same car

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So yesterday half of my apartment lost power... sorta. UPS was bitching about undervoltage, some lights were barely coming on, HVAC died, dryer died, stove died, and a nice strong ozone smell + crackling from the breaker panel with a little bit of smoke. :stare:

No main breaker to shut off inside, but there's a main breaker outside. Shut off all my breakers, crackling stopped, so I didn't bother trying to figure out which meter/main breaker was mine again. Maint came out... his eyes kinda bulged out when he pulled the breaker panel cover. Several breakers just fell off the bus bar when he pulled the cover, and of the ones that fell, about half of them fell to the floor (wire pulled right out of them). Classy. He went through it, said about 2/3 of the breakers never had the screw lugs tightened down, and one of the main lugs was loose. loving hell. No wonder they've had 3 fires in the 1.5 years I've lived here.

I'll be so loving glad to get out of this place. Add being woken up at ~8am every day by the building fire alarm lately - I asked maint about that, he said the city came down on them hard about the fire alarms, and they have a contractor out here.. replacing all of the fire alarms on the property. That can't be cheap... ~800 apartments, mostly 12 unit buildings. But the trouble chirp + strobe has been going on over 2/3 of the buildings for well over a year. Maint dude told me to expect the fire alarm to go off at random for the next week or so while they install a new system + have the city come out and inspect it.

/me looks at email exchange with fire marshal and code enforcement about the constant false alarms and flat out disconnected fire alarms.... what? No, of course I didn't say anything. When the fire department shows up at your own building 3 times in one week, and literally begs you to contact the fire marshal and stir poo poo up because they're sick of coming out to your apartment complex multiple times per week (sometimes multiple times per day)... you do what the sexy guys in the sexy uniforms say to do. :allears:

LloydDobler posted:

I feel ya man. Divorce is terrible. I'm in year 14, kid's about to turn 16, and I still hate talking to the ex even more than ever. 2 more years.

Not much help, but my parents divorced 35 years ago.

They still talk plenty of poo poo about each other. Mostly my mom talking poo poo about my dad. Dad's a little more level headed (but still throws out a little shade occasionally... in a way that cracks me up, it's always something I agree with). Mom still calls him occasionally for tax advice (he's been a CPA for well over 40 years), despite how much she trash talks him.

Dad's level headed enough that he'll give her good advice, but won't do actual work for her, and won't sign off on anything.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Mar 8, 2018

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

An Asiana market opened across the street. They're open until 9, so I hit them up after work (mainly to get cheap awesome flour and oil with Japanese and Korean (it's mixed in the store) labels on all my poo poo). I did find one liter of this for a massive $3 flat. Even though I'm not really drinking this year (I did have a few Guinness[es?] right before the move), I think you can see why I had to purchase it. Even if it just sits on a shelf.

Gritty mouth-feel. Why?

taste is pear, glue, sweet banana :laffo:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Slept in a little this morning and was about half an hour late taking the cat to the vet for his neuter.

Now he's keeping his balls until the 16th of April. :cripes:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Gritty mouth-feel. Why?

glue.

edit: but what kind of glue. I'm surprised that these sophisticated taste elites can't elaborate on exactly what kind of glue it tastes/smells like. Do they mean cyanoacrylate, PVA (white), PVA (yellow/wood), construction adhesive, or something else. Though I'm not surprised that they know what glue tastes like, if you know what I mean.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 8, 2018

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Reading reviews of beer (and I guess wine in this case) is always hilarious. People always sound like such smarmy douchebags when writing them.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Larrymer posted:

Reading reviews of beer (and I guess wine in this case) is always hilarious. People always sound like such smarmy douchebags when writing them.

Did I get drunk and not puke and/or feel like poo poo the next day? 5 Stars in my book.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Trying to fix a user's laptop, and I think the SSD is dying. Of course she has no backups of the 200+ GB of useless poo poo on her drive. Every time I try to copy poo poo from the drive (removed from the machine and attached to a Mac via a drive dock + a M.2-to-SATA adapter) the drive will just disappear after about 800 MB transferred. On a PC, I can't even get into her user folder to grab poo poo because the drive won't stay operational long enough for the read permissions to her user folder to be applied. CHKDSK tries, then shits itself when the drive disappears. The Mac at least ignores permissions on external drives. I can copy a few hundred MB at a time. I don't want to be mean, but she's not worth that level of effort. Frustrating me all to hell.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We are staying up near Universal City tonight, where am I supposed to eat again?

Edit: Marios Peruvian. Got it.

Edit 2: wife fiercely hates seafood so that ain't happening.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 9, 2018

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Rhyno posted:

:sever:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Not empty quoting.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Darchangel posted:

Trying to fix a user's laptop, and I think the SSD is dying. Of course she has no backups of the 200+ GB of useless poo poo on her drive. Every time I try to copy poo poo from the drive (removed from the machine and attached to a Mac via a drive dock + a M.2-to-SATA adapter) the drive will just disappear after about 800 MB transferred. On a PC, I can't even get into her user folder to grab poo poo because the drive won't stay operational long enough for the read permissions to her user folder to be applied. CHKDSK tries, then shits itself when the drive disappears. The Mac at least ignores permissions on external drives. I can copy a few hundred MB at a time. I don't want to be mean, but she's not worth that level of effort. Frustrating me all to hell.

Have you tried imaging the drive instead of trying to modify the files on the drive?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I assume your edit 2 was about sushi because Mario's has no drat seafood in it when you get The Correct Dish, Lomo Saltado.

also, :sever: , sushi is god tier

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

We are staying up near Universal City tonight, where am I supposed to eat again?

Edit: Marios Peruvian. Got it.

Uhm, you get beef at Marios.
Mario's is technically called Marios Peruvian and Seafood, but you don't order seafood there.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Since Rhyno's trip so far has been Del Taco in San Diego followed by watching office workers do work, in offices....but the word Warner Brothers is on the front door

I had to drive down Sunset for a minute yesterday so here's some LA Tourism Photos you can pretend he posted

At least he heeded our warnings not to go to Hollywood!

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

This is the best thing in LA. Probably the best rotisserie chicken and shawarma I have ever had. My wife only found out about it because she loves true crime, and she saw some show about how the son of the family that started Zankou ended up shooting his sister and mother, then himself

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Uh oh, my fiance is allergic to fish and shellfish, and doesn't care about cars

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

slurry_curry posted:

This is the best thing in LA. Probably the best rotisserie chicken and shawarma I have ever had. My wife only found out about it because she loves true crime, and she saw some show about how the son of the family that started Zankou ended up shooting his sister and mother, then himself

This post is a rollercoaster.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

slurry_curry posted:

There are literally two Zankou Chicken chains as a result of that.
Zankou is awesome, but not as good as lomo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A goon strongly urged me to get del taco, but hey whatever.

She's not allergic, she just hates seafood and when we googled it the reviews were all about seafood.

And why would i take pictures of where we are? Does Google Streetview not work?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Rhyno posted:

A goon strongly urged me to get del taco, but hey whatever.

She's not allergic, she just hates seafood and when we googled it the reviews were all about seafood.

And why would i take pictures of where we are? Does Google Streetview not work?

Those people are dumb. You order the lomo saltado, which is beef, potatos, onions, tomatoes, and an amazing sauce. Then you add green sauce.
No seafood.

Edit: also did you marry an 8 year old?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
yeah rhyno, stop eating,vacationing and relationshipping wrong. GOD.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

nm posted:

Edit: also did you marry an 8 year old?

Well... He is from Indiana.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

His knees aren't going to carpetburn themselves

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lol, why would you marry someone exactly like yourself? That makes poo poo boring and like so much of AI, ends in divorce.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

Lol, why would you marry someone exactly like yourself? That makes poo poo boring and like so much of AI, ends in divorce.

Lol. You've been married less than two weeks. Come back here 10 years from now and tell me about a successful marriage. (I've been married almost 12. :colbert: )

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We've been together 9 years.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

We've been together 9 years.

Together =/= married. You have so much to learn.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Powershift posted:

Have you tried imaging the drive instead of trying to modify the files on the drive?

Only tool I have for that is Apple Disk Utility, which tries, but ultimately fails when the drive disappears. It's like the controller gives up after a certain amount of data or something.
I found a file recovery tool that will keep trying, so is much more successful, and I don't have to drag and drop a bunch of times. It retries automatically, and when that times out, I can wait until the drive shows up in Explorer again and manually click retry. Annoying, but less so.The main annoyance is the 200 GB of crap. Half of it's in Japanese, so I can't really tell what's important, either. The entire Ghost in the Shell anime series wasn't, though. Looks like there's the entire manga series of Attack On Titan, too. All in Japanese, though, or I would have snagged them, myself (user is actually Japanese). Also, I already have most of GiTS.

slurry_curry posted:

I'd have tried that if I were aware of it when I was there. I was desperately trying to avoid eating at places that I could go to at home. First dinner I had there was a soul food place, and it made me happy. Also had Pho multiple times, since my wife is meh on that, but I discovered I really like it. Couple of local burger places. Checked out In N Out in its native land. Really liked the Ugly Pie Company. Various other places. Nice when the company is paying.

edit: my 20-year anniversary is this year, and we were together 5 years before that. I have no idea how she puts up with me, let alone for 25 years.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Seminal Flu posted:

(I've been married almost 12. :colbert: )

Amateur. 26

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Dagen H posted:

Amateur. 26

:hf:

I got a late start with this one. :D (and I've been with her for almost 18 (with a couple "breaks"))

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Seminal Flu posted:

Together =/= married. You have so much to learn.

I'm all for ripping on Rhyno because it's fun, easy, and good for the soul, but I'll never understand statements like these. What exactly is marriage vs. being together?

I get that I'm far from a traditional sort of guy and an usually surprised when people just say things (women love to shop/how about that sports game/millenials :argh:) until I remember that I'm the odd one out, but marriage is nothing. It's a business contract, a legal thing, it's a for-law statement that has nothing at all to do with ~love~ or emotion or anything of the sort. When I see people go 'heh marriage is super cereal' I'm confused every time. Then again I'm not very traditional and that might be everything.

If I were to respond to my above statement I'd probably smuggly go "HEH U DON'T EVEN KNOW" and then I'd shrug and just mumble something about old people, probably. :) :) :)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The divorce rate in AI is pretty goddamn high. Add in the ones who cry about being alone and yeah, i generally ignore any and all relationship advice fron this forum.

I mean poo poo, STR spent so much time here he caught the straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Darchangel posted:

glue.

edit: but what kind of glue. I'm surprised that these sophisticated taste elites can't elaborate on exactly what kind of glue it tastes/smells like. Do they mean cyanoacrylate, PVA (white), PVA (yellow/wood), construction adhesive, or something else. Though I'm not surprised that they know what glue tastes like, if you know what I mean.

I opened it just now. It smells like Titebond wood glue, and tastes the same. I don't detect ANY banana or whatever the gently caress.

Also yes it's gritty. What the gently caress?

• Locked thread