Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
holy poo poo that LA goldwing, wish that was on the east coast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
tbh that wouldn't be a bad starter bike besides being big and heavy, not an issue for you, especially considering that you had experience on a bike

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

nsaP posted:

tbh that wouldn't be a bad starter bike besides being big and heavy, not an issue for you, especially considering that you had experience on a bike

Maintenance wouldn't be an issue on a bike that old?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I got the impression that the bike wasn't that old when he had it but even so, it already happened. I'm not tellin someone to get an 87 FJ, I'm saying as far as bikes go it's not crazy terrible as a starter. Standard, guessing the engine is torquey and predictable. Those old literbikes weren't like today's, it's peak hp is probably less than today's 600ss with a much smoother torque curve.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Feb 15, 2018

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
The 1200 Goldwing I had was the only bike I've owned where I accidentally spun the rear or locked it up downshifting. It would pull away from a stop with no throttle, going up hill.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Dutymode posted:

The 1200 Goldwing I had was the only bike I've owned where I accidentally spun the rear or locked it up downshifting. It would pull away from a stop with no throttle, going up hill.

GL1000 was the only bike I ever got a speeding ticket on. 90 in a 45, whoops. I was taking it for a shakedown after finally getting it running and the speedo wasn't hooked up. Oh, and I was less than a mile from my house.
I did not know that 90mph could feel so comfortable.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
That Honda boxer 4 and the boxer 6 are the smoothest operating motorcycle engines made. You ought to try riding a Valkerye, I think you'd be impressed.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

1994 ... 12 previous owners but it's cool cause they did "0 Miles"

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

TheMaskedUgly posted:

1994 ... 12 previous owners but it's cool cause they did "0 Miles"

that looks pretty neato though, tbh.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
The exhaust is a bit out of proportion and heavy on that dryer-vent aesthetic

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I have no idea how these ride but this seems like an alright deal https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/d/2010-vfr-1200-prisitine/6493665029.html

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--
https://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2017-kamasaki-ninja-50/6461138600.html

URL says it all. Read the ad for more hilarious. Kamasaki, Yamasaki, 50cc, 250 miles, glued brake lever, etc.

Wish it had a pic.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

XYLOPAGUS posted:

https://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2017-kamasaki-ninja-50/6461138600.html

URL says it all. Read the ad for more hilarious. Kamasaki, Yamasaki, 50cc, 250 miles, glued brake lever, etc.

Wish it had a pic.

It's generated by a spam bot, not a real ad

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Local dealer has a used 2015 BMW F 700 GS listed for $8,299.00

Is there any wiggle room on price for a bike like this? Maybe have them set it up for my short person inseam or something as part of the deal?

I probably won't be getting a second bike this season, but if I were I might get something like this at this dealer. They are really good and usually have a nice used selection. In the back of my head I have this plan formulating of having a second bike like this for longer rides.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if I've seen an uglier production scooter bike.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mcy/d/2007-qlink-legacy-250/6505445351.html

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

is that a shaft drive? lol

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
It's a scooter trying to pass for a motorcycle. Built out of compressed rust in China.

Faster Blaster
Feb 6, 2010
My buddy just asked me about this: https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1999-bmw-r1100r/6516246768.html

I have no idea about Beemers (is that the right term?), but my initial reaction is "That's probably gonna have some expensive maintenance due right away."

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

That's an incredible deal, so yeah, there's almost certainly something wrong with it.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I mean it’s 91000 miles. It’s possible the dude just plugged his bike stats into edmunds and published the ad

Faster Blaster
Feb 6, 2010
Both valid points. He just took the MSF course and is now looking for babby's first bike. I've had the "don't get something nice" and "less is more" talks with him, and he's at least looking at other stuff that's not in the 8k chrome-and-tassels range, but I'm worried that this is too much bike for him to get started. At least it's not a 'busa.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/suzuki-rascal-fitted-with-crb-1000-engine/18105305

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

*checks shipping from Ireland*

gently caress.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

*checks shipping from Ireland*

gently caress.

Glorious username/post combo

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm on the fence between :getin: and "avoid this backyard abortion"

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mcy/d/three-wheeler-motorcycle/6518728098.html

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 7, 2018

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
that'd be a giant hard pass from me, but you do you mang

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

don't buy tricycles

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

When you see a lit barbecue in the summer, do you think "That would be fun to sit on"?

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

What a hot pile of scrap metal

(BUY IT NOW)

Faster Blaster
Feb 6, 2010
Hahaha, oh my god. You actually sit on the transmission. That's amazing.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Imagine how it must steer, just look at those bars

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Y'ALL SOUND LIKE A BUNCH'A FUCKIN PUSSIES, HOLD MA BEER AND WATCH A REAL MAN TAME THE RAW POWER OF A V8

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Amazing that SA finally managed to enable its posthumous posting feature!

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
is search still broken tho

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Looking at this tomorrow morning:

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/mcy/d/honda-vf500/6511314080.html

Look, I know, okay?

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Ha ha ha ha ha. Pro click right here.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

It's going to be just fine after you replace half of it

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

It says it just needs plugs and a tuneup, I don't see what the problem is.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Nitrox posted:

It's going to be just fine after you replace half of it
Thread title right there.

In fact, craigslist should be renamed to that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

I'll give him $200 for it. He'll think about it.