Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
whats the point of st kilda if the espy isnt even open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

swimsuit posted:

whats the point of st kilda if the espy isnt even open

True, what a waste of a venue.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I like st kilda because thats where I buy my drugs

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Gee malcolm, how come your mom lets you have two pink ribbons?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Can someone Photoshop him just covered in ribbons

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Anidav posted:

Can someone Photoshop him just covered in ribbons

It’s Malcolm’s version of 10-flags-Tony

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Gee malcolm, how come your mom lets you have two pink ribbons?

Libs are allocated one token ribbon for special causes. That second ribbon means he is genuine.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

This Politician Once Said Women Were "Stupid" For Finding Will Smith Sexy. Okaaaaaay.

Australian Nationals politician George Christensen described women as "stupid" with "no bloody brains" for liking the "mega-bonkable" actor and singer Will Smith, in an article he wrote for a conservative student magazine in 1998.

At the time, Christensen was a 20-year-old journalism student at Central Queensland University and editor of the conservative newsletter the Student Advocate. He's now the member representing Dawson (Queensland) in federal parliament and recently stood to be the leader of the National party.

In 1998, Smith was 30 and had just released the blockbuster film Men in Black as well as his first solo album Big Willie Style which featured the banger single Gettin' Jiggy Wit It.

But the Australian politician wasn't having a bar of the "mega-bonkable" actor.
"Apparently, Will Smith is one of the sexiest men alive," Christensen wrote in the article headlined "Big Willie's Style".

"If we are to believe all the girly mags out there then any female between the ages of legality and experience who had half the chance would be happily bonking slick Willie's brains out for as long as he could take it. And then they very well may want more."

Christensen questions at length over two pages what makes Smith "sexy".
Do women find it sexy that Smith "vandalises public property" at the beginning of each episode of the TV show The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Christensen muses.

Is it because he "smacks the poo poo out of anyone who glances sideways at him" and uses the "eloquent f-word"?

That he saved the world from aliens in both Independence Day and Men in Black?

Or maybe because he can dance and cracks onto chicks simply because they're good looking "even though they may be dumb as a blonde – er – brick"?

Side note: Christensen also includes a dig at the Spice Girls for what he describes as "their epileptic style of dancing" that he claims "fails to get [him] stirring in the nether regions". Rude.
Christensen says that like "big Willie" most Aussie men can pick fights, swear, wreck public property, neglect not-so-good looking women ("read fat") to hit on good looking women and, given the chance, may be able to stop aliens from taking over the planet. So, why don't women find them as sexy as Will?

"If these are the requirements to make a guy 'sexy' then I reckon over 50% of the Australian male population should be living in some Hugh Hefner style condo being spoon fed yoghurt while three/four women struggle with each other to get a piece of them," he writes.

But he laments that Australian men who display the same character traits as Smith aren't included on the list of the sexiest men in the world. Instead, he says, Aussie men are thought of as immature, childish and shallow.
Christensen concludes that women only find Smith sexy because they're stupid.

"Perhaps it's the intelligence of women or, rather, the lack of it? I mean for a guy to go panting over the ex-Ginger Spice Geri Halliwell and then knock back a redhead with big breasts and a poo poo pommy accent is bloody stupid," he wrote.

"My thoughts: the truth is women are stupid and that's that ... let me just say: Will Smith ... you're lucky God gave women no bloody brains."
In the same edition of the Conservative Students’ Alliance (CSA) newsletter that Christensen edited were anti-Semitic, racist, transphobic and homophobic views from other students.

Christensen described then-Liberal prime minister John Howard as the "Mr Bean of Australian politics", lashed out at "reverse racism" and made a joke about AIDS.

"A homosexual walks into his doctor's office sobbing. 'Doctor, Doctor,' he says. 'I think I've got AIDS.' 'Well,' replied the doctor, shocked. 'Who gave it to you?' 'I dunno,' says the homosexual. 'I haven't got eyes in the back of my head.'"

The magazine also featured an article called 'Ban The Chop' which advocated for "unnatural" gender reassignment surgeries to be banned.

"The whole thing is bizarre and, basically unnatural," it says. "If this guy was really meant to be a woman then why does he have to have

In 1998 Christensen described the CSA as a "politically incorrect" bunch created to fight the political correct society where the "elite tell us to 'bite our tongues'".

BuzzFeed News asked Christensen if he still stood by his comments, and whether he maintained Will Smith wasn't sexy, but he refused to answer.

Instead he pointed us to his comments eight years ago when he apologised for any offence he caused as a student, claiming he has "grown up and moved on".

“Some of the content I provided for those publications was intended to shock readers or to use humour in a shocking way rather than to provide legitimate commentary,” Christensen said.

“In the process, I published and circulated what were clearly stupid statements which I regret. To those offended by those statements, I apologise without any reservation. No-one should take seriously statements published in the context of university politics.”

https://www.buzzfeed.com/aliceworkman/big-willie-style?utm_term=.rrREq0lEQ#.mbwQrnaQL

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Whole lotta projection going on there

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

BuzzFeed News asked Christensen if he still stood by his comments, and whether he maintained Will Smith wasn't sexy, but he refused to answer. 

This is my favourite part.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Hmmm what could be George Christensens problem with blonde women finding will smith attractive, I really can’t put my finger on it at all

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

This pos is obsessed with pop movies. I read a speech he gave to some climate change conspiracy group, it was just a list of movies he likes and how, unlike climate change, they were good movies.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Willennials are killing the film industry

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Millennials are killing small businesses by not spending while simultaneously killing the housing market by not saving.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Young George Christensen = Caleb Bond

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Two Bureau of Meteorology employees are reportedly being investigated by police for mining cryptocurrency on their work computers.

The Australian federal police questioned the IT workers at the bureau’s Docklands headquarters in Melbourne on 28 February, the ABC has reported.

An AFP spokesman confirmed a search warrant was executed at a business premises in Docklands on 28 February, but was unable to make further comment, as “the investigation is ongoing”.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/mar/08/bureau-of-meteorology-employees-investigated-for-mining-cryptocurrency-at-work

laffo

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Two Bureau of Meteorology employees are reportedly being investigated by police for mining cryptocurrency on their work computers.

The Australian federal police questioned the IT workers at the bureau’s Docklands headquarters in Melbourne on 28 February, the ABC has reported.

An AFP spokesman confirmed a search warrant was executed at a business premises in Docklands on 28 February, but was unable to make further comment, as “the investigation is ongoing”.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/mar/08/bureau-of-meteorology-employees-investigated-for-mining-cryptocurrency-at-work

laffo

Why is this illegal?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Government assets

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

Russian security officers have arrested several scientists working at a top-secret Russian nuclear warhead facility for allegedly mining crypto-currencies.

The suspects had tried to use one of Russia's most powerful supercomputers to mine Bitcoins, media reports say.

The Federal Nuclear Centre in Sarov, western Russia, is a restricted area.

The centre's press service said: "There has been an unsanctioned attempt to use computer facilities for private purposes including so-called mining."

JBP posted:

Why is this illegal?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
it’s not illegal you’re just not supposed to use work capital for personal enrichment, like most workplaces

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Aside from being government asset electricity and computers they used in the process, the fact that it's Bitcoin possibly counts it as stealing from your employer (generated on their asset) and offshoring the income.

https://www.alrc.gov.au/publications/alrc-80-legal-risk-international-transactions/8-australian-remedies-misappropriation-an

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Birdstrike posted:

it’s not illegal you’re just not supposed to use work capital for personal enrichment, like most workplaces

There is the point that crypto-mining burns through as much power as possible so in many ways they weren't generating money so much as stealing it from the department through a convoluted power bill laundry scheme.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
As commonwealth employees it is explicitly a crime under the Crimes Act 1914 (Part 6).

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Cartoon posted:

As commonwealth employees it is explicitly a crime under the Crimes Act 1914 (Part 6).

Thanks. I didn't understand why they didn't get hauled in front of HR and terminated.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Cartoon posted:

Disclosure of information by Commonwealth officers?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

There was a dude busted doing a similar thing on the ABCs video render farm about 3 years ago I think.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

"If we are to believe all the girly mags out there then any female between the ages of legality and experience who had half the chance would be happily bonking slick Willie's brains out for as long as he could take it. And then they very well may want more."

What are the ages of legality. Has someone legislated an upper limit on doing it.

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Young George Christensen = Caleb Bond

Speaking of

https://twitter.com/TheCalebBond/status/971295392070623232

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

bandaid.friend posted:

What are the ages of legality. Has someone legislated an upper limit on doing it.

Speaking of

https://twitter.com/TheCalebBond/status/971295392070623232

It's a bit purple, so not really your fault, but it's "Between the ages of legality and experience" as in young to old.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

bandaid.friend posted:

(Younger person’s age x 2) - 14

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

bandaid.friend posted:

He was sayin "between the ages of legality and experience", ie a range of ages. I think the question here is, what the gently caress is the age of experience

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

bell jar posted:

He was sayin "between the ages of legality and experience", ie a range of ages. I think the question here is, what the gently caress is the age of experience

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

nice

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://twitter.com/Psyberus/status/971527876267749377

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This is a thermonuclear burn.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

JBP posted:

This is a thermonuclear burn.

Holy poo poo, that was amazing.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Someone did it

https://twitter.com/JohnWren1950/status/971636173444562944

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Birdstrike posted:

Disclosure of information by Commonwealth officers?
Sorry you are right (Been twenty odd years now whoops). It's the Financial Management and Accountability Act 1997 (Section 4.10) http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications...ealth-resources

quote:

APS employees must be scrupulous in the use of Commonwealth resources, including money, credit cards, goods, services, vehicles, office equipment, official records (including electronic records) and telecommunications and information technology applications.

Commonwealth resources should not be used for private gain. However, employees may have limited private use of office equipment, for example reasonable and necessary telephone or email communication with family. Employees should be aware of agency-specific policies that outline the private use of Commonwealth equipment.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

RIP Caleb 2008-2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
How many tampons do these men think women use??

The way they’re all carrying on you’d think that 90% of government revenue comes from the gst on tampons.

Forget the companies with turnover in the billions that pay no tax - we’re going to bring the budget back into surplus by keeping the tax on tampons!

• Locked thread