Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

susan posted:

Noooo, my tale of Malcador the Guidance Counselor didn't make the cut :'( .

It was in the running, but Biff is the way into my heart. We may read it in the future though; a few Fact or Fanfiction Challenge entries get used later on, and I liked that one a lot.

Technowolf posted:

I gotta wonder if some of the new Daughters of Khaine stuff are gonna be retooled as Drewkhary stuff.

I doubt it, outside of Daemons or some incredibly generic terrain, they don't reuse stuff between ranges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

SRM posted:

It was in the running, but Biff is the way into my heart. We may read it in the future though; a few Fact or Fanfiction Challenge entries get used later on, and I liked that one a lot.

Do you plan on putting the entries up anywhere?

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
My latest Squats are done - thanks again to the goons who helped with bits to help get everything assembled and relatively WYSIWYG! The big axe in the second photo plays as a Daemon Hammer, but the dwarf axe head was too neat a bit to pass up.

Two Beans, the guy working on the converted Thousand Sons using Tomb Kings bits, also did a bit swap with me so I could pass off some Marine and Egyptian bits in exchange for some of his tomb skellies. With those bits in hand, I'm continuing to expand my jungle daemons. I already love this guy.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

BuffaloChicken posted:

My latest Squats are done - thanks again to the goons who helped with bits to help get everything assembled and relatively WYSIWYG! The big axe in the second photo plays as a Daemon Hammer, but the dwarf axe head was too neat a bit to pass up.

Two Beans, the guy working on the converted Thousand Sons using Tomb Kings bits, also did a bit swap with me so I could pass off some Marine and Egyptian bits in exchange for some of his tomb skellies. With those bits in hand, I'm continuing to expand my jungle daemons. I already love this guy.

These are amazing mini's my dude. If we ever played, I'd probably take forever because I would be just staring at your minis and forget what I was doing. :catstare:

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Welp.

Bought a bunch of kromlech TLAC Razorback turrets and the relevant parts of an autocannon/las predator.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

The Sex Cannon posted:

I do it. It's a cool move. Just tuck them away unseen in case you don't get the first turn!

I think you might be playing this wrong - when you deploy stuff using Shadows, you already know if you're getting first turn or not.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.
will not continue my bad badcast fanfiction untill i get at least 10 favs

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Can anyone see a reason why, RAW, Kurov's Aquila stops working if the holder is dead?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Corrode posted:

Can anyone see a reason why, RAW, Kurov's Aquila stops working if the holder is dead?

If the bearers dead the aquila has ceased to exist pretty much covers it. Same for being in a transport.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Artum posted:

If the bearers dead the aquila has ceased to exist pretty much covers it. Same for being in a transport.

That's what I'm getting at. Equivalent rules like Grand Strategist, the Veritas Vitae, etc. specify "while the bearer is on the battlefield" and so on (which, interestingly given your point, makes me wonder if Grand Strategist works while you're in a transport). Kurov's is "OFFICERS only. When your opponent uses a stratagem, roll a D6...."

Nothing about being alive, on the table, whatever. The relic is in your list so it works.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Corrode posted:

That's what I'm getting at. Equivalent rules like Grand Strategist, the Veritas Vitae, etc. specify "while the bearer is on the battlefield" and so on (which, interestingly given your point, makes me wonder if Grand Strategist works while you're in a transport). Kurov's is "OFFICERS only. When your opponent uses a stratagem, roll a D6...."

Nothing about being alive, on the table, whatever. The relic is in your list so it works.

Pretty sure its still covered by the model and their wargear not existing if they aren't on the table, like the relic isnt in your list its on that particular dude.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Schadenboner posted:

Yeah well I also have to name the various detachments according to order of precedence when armylisting so, you know: :spergin:.

E: Now here's the real question: does an abhuman tank unit outrank a human infantry one?

:thunk:

in one of the early Gaunt's Ghosts novels it's a plot point that, in lieu of a higher ranking officer, an infantry officer takes precedence over those from other arms in the chain of command. It's the legal pretext that lets Gaunt take over the whole show on the Imperial side of the siege of Verunhive.

no way an abhuman tank unit takes precedence over infantry unless these guys come from a particularly odd stretch of the imperium

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

zeal posted:

in one of the early Gaunt's Ghosts novels it's a plot point that, in lieu of a higher ranking officer, an infantry officer takes precedence over those from other arms in the chain of command. It's the legal pretext that lets Gaunt take over the whole show on the Imperial side of the siege of Verunhive.

poo poo, you're right. I really need to re-read that series. :doh:

zeal posted:

no way an abhuman tank unit takes precedence over infantry unless these guys come from a particularly odd stretch of the imperium

The unit is penal though so It's outside the normal order. Even Ratlings are more honored.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

zeal posted:

no way an abhuman tank unit takes precedence over infantry unless these guys come from a particularly heretical stretch of the imperium

FTFY

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Schadenboner posted:

The unit is penal though so It's outside the normal order. Even Ratlings are more honored.

that's fair

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Artum posted:

Pretty sure its still covered by the model and their wargear not existing if they aren't on the table, like the relic isnt in your list its on that particular dude.

iirc, you can use it to roll for stratagems used before and during deployment too (extra Relic stratagems, teleportation chamber stratagems etc.).

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Rules question: Does Unquestionable Loyalty for Genestealer Cults apply across characters? We had a situation where a Primus got shot and the only dude left alive nearby was an Acolyte Iconward. RAW we interpreted it so that we had to roll for the AI, as he's a Genstealer Cult Infantry unit (he died). Had the situation been reversed, the Primus would instead have taken the hit and been slain, which while is hilarious to imagine feels counter intuitive.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Actually, the Six Leagues Confederation's Cult of the Imperator Antecessoris (a syncretic combination of the Imperial Cult with the traditional Ancestor Worship still practiced by more conservative Leagues) has been classified as a "non-schismatic hetrodoxy" by the Synod Segmentum, fully in line with the guidelines established by the Tithes Chamber Notaries, sub. Planetary Census (Abhumans).

Perhaps it is you, sir, who bears the guilt of heresy in thought, word, or deed, either through action or through omission of action?

:crossarms:

Admit to your Istvaanian heresy, confess your crimes against the unity of the holy imperium, and be cleansed of your guilt through the purification of flame.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 8, 2018

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

Penal legion officers are usually not convicts and might see some ratlings as a convenient stepping stool to a medal and a posting in a non penal regiment, so that might get messy.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/03/08/tau-empire-preview-dalyth-septgw-homepage-post-3/

All about Dal'yth and stealth suits today. To my newbie eyes that seems potentially a really good Sept trait and I'm liking the boost to Ghostkeels

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Dal'yth is looking like the sept I shove a single Commander, a Ghostkeel, and a couple Stealths into and just forget to move them every turn.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Strobe posted:

Dal'yth is looking like the sept I shove a single Commander, a Ghostkeel, and a couple Stealths into and just forget to move them every turn.

Or a few hammerheads

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Serotonin posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/03/08/tau-empire-preview-dalyth-septgw-homepage-post-3/

All about Dal'yth and stealth suits today. To my newbie eyes that seems potentially a really good Sept trait and I'm liking the boost to Ghostkeels

It's like a less good version of the Tyranid one. It'll be handy if you get to set up and play gunline, but it's probably a trait where if you can apply enough pressure against the Tau player they're going to lose a lot of the benefit from it.

Ghostkeels definitely gain from that change. Loving "Gunship Diplomat" as a trait name too, and it makes Kroot a bit more useful as cheapo Troops.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I play gunline Tau, and 1+ Sv Broadsides and 3+ Sv Shield Drones is extremely my poo poo.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Farsight is, by far, the only one of the previewed septs I'm interested in using.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

SpikeMcclane posted:

Farsight is, by far, the only one of the previewed septs I'm interested in using.

Since they've supposedly opened up the Coldstar's weapon options I hope you can take dual fusion blasters on it so you can give it fusion blades for maximum anime bullshit.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Artum posted:

Since they've supposedly opened up the Coldstar's weapon options I hope you can take dual fusion blasters on it so you can give it fusion blades for maximum anime bullshit.

that poo poo loving owns though and I want to see some Coldstars modeled with double fusion blades immediately

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

spacegoat posted:

Rules question: Does Unquestionable Loyalty for Genestealer Cults apply across characters? We had a situation where a Primus got shot and the only dude left alive nearby was an Acolyte Iconward. RAW we interpreted it so that we had to roll for the AI, as he's a Genstealer Cult Infantry unit (he died). Had the situation been reversed, the Primus would instead have taken the hit and been slain, which while is hilarious to imagine feels counter intuitive.

GW has explained that RAW is really dumb, so let's go with RAI: lower-ranked GSC duders will take a bullet for the higher-ups. If it's 2 characters, I'd say the lower-rank one like an Iconward would deffo eat bolter poo poo to save a Primus.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

TheChirurgeon posted:

that poo poo loving owns though and I want to see some Coldstars modeled with double fusion blades immediately

I know thats why i want it

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
If I got this right, the tenet does jack poo poo to protect you if you don't go first turn 1.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Felime posted:

Do you plan on putting the entries up anywhere?
We'll keep them to ourselves so we can read them at a later date.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Mango Polo posted:

If I got this right, the tenet does jack poo poo to protect you if you don't go first turn 1.

Yeah, as it's written it doesn't work. Maybe that's intended but I suspect it isn't, so look forward to the day 0 FAQ.

I've been fairly forgiving of GW loving things up as they get to grips with stuff like the keyword system and I'm glad they've shown themselves much more willing to fix issues promptly and be responsive etc. etc. but it is getting tiresome how often stuff like this comes up where simply reading the rule properly shows a gaping hole in it.

One thing I am quite fond of that they've started with Tau is comparing the index to codex versions of changes, it makes it much clearer where they've updated stuff.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

SRM posted:

We'll keep them to ourselves so we can masturbate to them.

FTFY

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Maybe F Plus would like to read them? As a hobby, 40kids are a pretty target-rich environment?

:shrug:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

The Adeptus Mechanicus announce an exciting new geological discovery: the naturally occuring "pylons" and "structures" of Blackstone. (note: may require cleansing of minor xenos tech-abomination infestation)

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?
Would anyone be willing to critique this list I’m thinking of making, based mostly on stuff I have and/or think looks cool.

New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [112 PL, 2000pts]
Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [97 PL, 1673pts]

HQ [21 PL, 401pts]

Bjorn the Fell-handed [14 PL, 267pts]
Selections: Heavy flamer [17pts], Saga of the Warrior Born, Twin lascannon [50pts], Warlord

Wolf Lord in Gravis Armor [7 PL, 134pts]
Selections: Boltstorm gauntlet [22pts], Master-crafted power sword [10pts]

Troops [18 PL, 273pts]

Intercessor Squad [6 PL, 91pts]
Selections: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher [1pts], Bolt rifles, 4x Intercessor [72pts]
Intercessor Sergeant [18pts]
Selections: Chainsword

Selections: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher [1pts], Bolt rifles, 4x Intercessor [72pts]

Elites [22 PL, 399pts]

Murderfang [10 PL, 170pts]

Primaris Ancient [4 PL, 69pts]

Venerable Dreadnought [8 PL, 160pts]
Fenrisian Great Axe and Blizzard Shield [70pts]
Selections: Blizzard shield [30pts], Fenrisian great axe [40pts]

Fast Attack [20 PL, 270pts]

Inceptor Squad [10 PL, 135pts]
Selections: Assault Bolter [60pts], 2x Inceptor [50pts], Inceptor Sergeant [25pts]

Inceptor Squad [10 PL, 135pts]
Selections: Assault Bolter [60pts], 2x Inceptor [50pts], Inceptor Sergeant [25pts]

Heavy Support [16 PL, 330pts]

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 165pts]
Selections: Plasma Incinerator [75pts]
4x Hellblaster [72pts]
Hellblaster Sergeant [18pts]
Selections: Bolt pistol

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 165pts]
Selections: Plasma Incinerator [75pts]
4x Hellblaster [72pts]
Hellblaster Sergeant [18pts]
Selections: Bolt pistol

Auxiliary Support Detachment -1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [15 PL, 327pts]
Fast Attack [15 PL, 327pts]
Vertus Praetors [15 PL, 327pts]
Vertus Praetor [5 PL, 109pts]
Selections: Misericordia [4pts], Salvo Launcher [25pts]

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Hall of mirrors probably needs a fix, too. As written, it doesn't prevent movement, which could lead to all sorts of shenanigans.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

SRM posted:

We'll keep them to ourselves so we can read them at a later date.

Like at night, before you go to bed? On the toilet while taking a big dump?

This guy gets it.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Corrode posted:

I kept thinking about these interactions while building my Guard list. Grand Strategist requires the warlord to be on the table to use so while I can't try to recoup the CP I used on Imperial Commander's Armoury (which happens before the battle) as long as I have him deployed before my Ambush units are declared I can try and get those 3 CP back. Kurov's simply works by virtue of being taken so RAW you could try to gain a CP from any stratagem your opponent uses at any time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

SpikeMcclane posted:

Hall of mirrors probably needs a fix, too. As written, it doesn't prevent movement, which could lead to all sorts of shenanigans.

Not so much, now that homing beacons go down start of movement phase.
E: oh, apparently any ability that removes you and sets you up elsewhere counts as you movement according to the faq.

Flavivirus fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 8, 2018