Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Has there been any talk of what in the blue hell Ryu Ga Gotoku Online is gonna be like because as one of the six people who played Triad Wars I've been hankering for some fistfighting online crime dudes in a small rear end City block since it got closed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

HebrewMagic posted:

Has there been any talk of what in the blue hell Ryu Ga Gotoku Online is gonna be like because as one of the six people who played Triad Wars I've been hankering for some fistfighting online crime dudes in a small rear end City block since it got closed

Sounds like someone shoulda went to TGS. :smug:

... but I dunno if that's it or not.

Fake Edit: Also who the gently caress is that anime between Majima and Akiyama why the gently caress is that so clashing why is Haruka punching doods

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

widespread posted:

Sounds like someone shoulda went to TGS. :smug:

... but I dunno if that's it or not.

Fake Edit: Also who the gently caress is that anime between Majima and Akiyama why the gently caress is that so clashing why is Haruka punching doods

Complete guess I know is wrong but pray is right: New guy's schtick is he copies moves from other people, including both animes and actual Yakuza characters.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

RandallODim posted:

Complete guess I know is wrong but pray is right: New guy's schtick is he copies moves from other people, including both animes and actual Yakuza characters.

That just makes me wonder if he'll have some PTE-inspired maneuver, despite it prob being wrong.

That or insert popular anime here into Yakuza.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I can't wait for Ichiban to tag team with Goku

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Randallteal posted:

5's biggest pacing problem is barely anything of plot relevance happens in the middle three chapters. Each character's story feels very disconnected and self contained until the end.

Its Yakuza 2 minus the Jingeweon all over again

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Haven't played a Yakuza game up until now, but seriously considering buying that Hokuto crossover game this week. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. Anyone know an internet outlet to get it for max $70 US shipped?

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

BabyRyoga posted:

Haven't played a Yakuza game up until now, but seriously considering buying that Hokuto crossover game this week. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. Anyone know an internet outlet to get it for max $70 US shipped?

Is physical a requirement?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Adaptabullshit posted:

Is physical a requirement?

I suppose not, but jpy psn cards tend to be pricey. Must be the JP version as I don't read or speak chinese

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
So is there an easier way to learn Mahjong? :shepface: I swear there was a played tutorial for Baccarat and some of the other gambling games, but Mahjong just gave me a list of the rules and told me to piss off. Most of my time playing is just me yelling "HOW IS THAT NOT CHI??" and missing that side story where I got to go beast mode and turn into a furniture tornado in the parlor

GuidoAnchovies
Oct 27, 2005

Im'a get ya!
I've been playing through Isshin! for the last week, and it's really really good. It does a good job of making the weapon fighting styles feel like weapon combat instead of just brawler combat with weapon-holding animations (like Majima bat style). Helps that it has some fresh minigames after playing through 0 and Kiwami back-to-back. I really want a mobile version that is just the farm sim stuff from "Another Life" where you grow produce, go fishing, cook and sell at the market with all the minigames.

Danaru posted:

So is there an easier way to learn Mahjong? :shepface: I swear there was a played tutorial for Baccarat and some of the other gambling games, but Mahjong just gave me a list of the rules and told me to piss off. Most of my time playing is just me yelling "HOW IS THAT NOT CHI??" and missing that side story where I got to go beast mode and turn into a furniture tornado in the parlor

There are probably some guides floating out there, but the easiest way to get into it would probably be to target some of the easier hands as you are playing. I had made some guide cards that I printed out and cut up for some of my buddies when I hosted a mahjong party to help them with getting Yaku:

Basically, if all else fails, you can get kind of far using beginner-level flowchart mahjong of:
1. Am I likely to get a honor meld (3 dragons, seat wind or my wind)?
1a. Am I close to a complete hand, or do I want to try for any hands that cannot be completed open? (Keep a list of yaku if you can't remember the ones that require a closed hand)

2. If not, do I have a lot of terminals (1's or 9's) that would be hard to get rid of?
2a. If it's hard to discard 1's or 9's then keep hand closed until one tile away and declare riichi (call with Square button).
2b. If it is possible to remove all winds, dragons and terminals and hand is otherwise not likely to be worth much, rush your hand by calling pon and chi with 2-8 tiles for a quick win.

3. If someone else calls riichi and your hand isn't worth much or is otherwise not close to completion, just match the discards from everyone else and play defensively.
Winning a low value hand isn't usually worth risking paying out on a high-value hand. That being said, never be afraid to complete your hand or try to stay 1 tile away from winning. If a draw happens, if everyone else is ready to win (Tanyao) the payout is pretty rough if you are not ready to win (Noten).

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Danaru posted:

Here is my tutorial I made for my Yakuza 2 LP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_zW3RJIi7s

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

As an aside, only go for the real unique poo poo if your opening hand is friendly enough. That said, I dunno if it’s even worth to go for Seven Twins or whatever it was called.

13 Orphans sounds like it should be easy but uhhhhhhhhhhh

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I'll generally keep dragons and my winds until someone throws one out first, but that's just maybe being overly safe.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

widespread posted:

To be honest, I sometimes wonder how different 5 would be if Tanimura's VA didn't get cocaine allegations.

That said, uhhhhhh what was 4 or 5 about again

1 was the 10 billion yen missing, 2 was Tojo Clan vs Omi Alliance to a point, and 3 was about a resort deal designed to hide a military base in Okinawa.

At least from my memory of watching their respective final fights and maybe some extra research.

Tanimura ends up being reassigned to Nagoya after being booted for illegal Gambling as an upstair promotion. With virtually nothing to do in vice. Tanimura takes a page from his biological father's book and runs a side job as a PI and cafe owner which serves as the Another Story for him

Daigo still comes to Nagoya to investigate the Kuroha family involvement with the Nagoya family when Tanimura gets a call from Zhao they need a large sum of cash due to a recent mass deportation. Asked to investigate a baseball case like before as Tanimura noticed a lot of corruption involving the matches he was placing bets on. His dream was to go back into the force and help those kids and sought to find out. Ultimately he stays in Nagoya after the story as he helped paid for the kids in Little Asia to move to a safer place after the Little Asia fire

His role in the relationship with Milky is similar as he is reminded of how his father fell in love with a prostitute and she becomes the love interest for Tanimura

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hokuto ga Gotoku getting a free, new DLC difficulty mode called "Original Mode."

The gimmick here is that the strength of all the enemies will be accurate to their strength in the manga, rather than having a standard difficulty that increases as you progress.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
I'm interested to know how they gauge how one character is stronger than the other.

Is it the amount of chapters it took Kenshiro to beat them? Amount of encounters and Kenshiro's track record with said enemy?

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Anyone know a source keeping track of clan creator codes?

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

numerrik posted:

Anyone know a source keeping track of clan creator codes?
I just googled "yakuza 6 clan creator codes" and found a list on Reddit. There's 14 released so far.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Adaptabullshit posted:

I'm interested to know how they gauge how one character is stronger than the other.

Is it the amount of chapters it took Kenshiro to beat them? Amount of encounters and Kenshiro's track record with said enemy?

Since Sega is still publishing it might be like their Black Belt/Hokuto no Ken or The Last Battle/Hokuto no Ken II games where you have to use specific attacks in a specific order to beat them (as an abstraction of Kenshiro figuring out the right pressure points to hit to make them die/explode/remove their skills/whatever).

Speaking of which that'd be a deep cut DLC, something that changes everyone's hair color/names to what they were in The Last Battle.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Even better, the western release will be made to adhere to the Black Belt/Last Battle continuity

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Adaptabullshit posted:

Even better, the western release will be made to adhere to the Black Belt/Last Battle continuity

We don't deserve something as glorious as 1080p 60FPS "Aarzak! Save the world! Only I can save the world!"

I still wish Sega localized the Arc System Works 2D fighter in the US as The Last Battle II.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
If the Fist of the North Star spin-off has made me realize anything, it's that I want a JoJo spin-off.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

it would probably be the best system for a jojo to slot into

certainly better than bad fighter and bad arena fighter

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Someone tell me this isn't a mod please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDi4QaDOtz0

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SpazmasterX posted:

Someone tell me this isn't a mod please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDi4QaDOtz0

It's a DLC for the game.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

ImpAtom posted:

It's a DLC for the game.

:gizz:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Do we tell him that Sotaro Komaki is more than likely the secret boss

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh god I wish it was Majima or Kuze instead but that’s drat good

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

Oh god I wish it was Majima or Kuze instead but that’s drat good

Kuze doesn’t really work due to being one and done in Yakuza 0, despite having five total fights and a kickass theme.

Majima doesn’t work because his VA already voices a character with his own actually pretty cool fight

So I guess they went with Komaki because seasoned old traveler? Either way, here is fight and I think he still does Tiger Drops.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I hold out hope for the Fist game coming stateside but I keep remembering instead of getting the "samurai with sword and gun" spinoff we got the "zombie game with the most rear end backward control scheme" spinoff

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally starting Kiwami. Zero is absolutely amazing, holy poo poo that whole ending. Really well written story and great characters too. That’s a game that’s gonna stick with me for a long time.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

Finally starting Kiwami. Zero is absolutely amazing, holy poo poo that whole ending. Really well written story and great characters too. That’s a game that’s gonna stick with me for a long time.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Is there any trick to finding Majima before ive unlocked the majima detector?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

punchymcpunch posted:

Is there any trick to finding Majima before ive unlocked the majima detector?

Maijima really, really likes to hang out on the south side of the map, between Nakamichi st. and Pink Ave.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Honestly, as much as I love the wackyness and aesthetic of Kiwami, the combat is a loving chore, the Red Eye brothers might have been the most tiresome fight in all brawlers, and the one before with a katana combo master, can't disarm, can't really dodge, just gotta chug pots, please tell me the fights get better cause I might just turn the difficulty down so they're not so boring and unfun.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Only another month until I get my hands on six :smith: Been trying to fin some PS3s for cheap but they are hard to find and Yakuza 5 is still a full price game on PSN :catstare:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
HEY UH SO YAKUZA KIWAMI, I CAN'T USE A DRAGON-STYLE KIWAMI MOVE TO STOP NISHIKI FROM REGENERATING HIS HEALTH, IS THERE A SPECIFIC ABILITY TIED TO THAT THAT I DIDN'T UNLOCK? TIME IS A FACTOR HELP

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah you have to have SSS rank Majima Everywhere and be like 2-3 encounters from finishing it up, it's one of the last skills you get.

He can be beat without it though, just chug heat drinks and spam heat attacks if you're really struggling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah you can just as easily hit him with a couch or the countless barstools heat moves to stop the heal