Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/971559601115156485

Looks like Dakota may be getting the jobber treatment tonight. Dunno against who though. Or not! Almas and Black brawled out to the ring, and Black got laid out by Almas with a chair.

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/971561229687894016

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Mar 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Feel like Cole and Dream are the frontrunners for that match

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Benne posted:

Feel like Cole and Dream are the frontrunners for that match

I could see Dain winning. I can't imagine Cole wins. Why put a belt on him when the only thing that doesn't suck about him is down a man?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I want Dain to win because Dain is big and has good matches.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/971563834489131008

Dream wins via rolling slam.

:frogsiren: https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/971564473256480770 :frogsiren:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
lil bummed dakota kai doesn't get a real match but whenever the official nxt social media tweets about the florida house shows she seems like the most mentioned performer so i hope they're gonna give her something after this takeover, seems like they gotta be high on her, if probably gun-shy to push another sweetheart babyface in our post-bayley world

in a just world billie kay and peyton royce would put her over before they go up

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

abraham linksys posted:

lil bummed dakota kai doesn't get a real match but whenever the official nxt social media tweets about the florida house shows she seems like the most mentioned performer so i hope they're gonna give her something after this takeover, seems like they gotta be high on her, if probably gun-shy to push another sweetheart babyface in our post-bayley world

in a just world billie kay and peyton royce would put her over before they go up

I wouldn't be shocked if she gets destroyed by Shayna before NOLA. Or she'll be Shayna's first victim at Takeover: Chicago (when Shayna becomes champ). I stand by the point that Kairi should be the only one to take the Women's Title from Shayna when its time. :colbert:

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/971566995052351488

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/971569289760210944

Apparently Bourne botched the finish, so they may re-tape this match. She isn't ready for TV, to be honest.

From someone there: "Kairi over Vanessa. Had an awkward moment where Kairi went for the elbow but Vanessa got up and Kairi landed on her feet and just like.. slapped her chest and Vanessa went down. They re-did the spot."

Oh my god :laffo:

Not really a spoiler but still.

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/971570988310810624

Cole and O'Reilly attacked AOP and Dunne/Strong resulting in a no contest. Therefore at Takeover, it will be a triple threat match for the tag titles and the winners will be crowned the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic winners as well. :psyduck:

Also:

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/971576057471164416

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 8, 2018

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

Cole and O'Reilly attacked AOP and Dunne/Strong resulting in a no contest. Therefore at Takeover, it will be a triple threat match for the tag titles and the winners will be crowned the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic winners as well. :psyduck:

So wait, is Cole doing double duty at Takeover, then? That seems deeply unpleasant.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

CarlCX posted:

So wait, is Cole doing double duty at Takeover, then? That seems deeply unpleasant.

That seems to be the case for now.

Also Ricochet defeated Chris Dijack in a match.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Did they acknowledge Bobby’s injury at all?

Because if it’s not a several months thing, the booking makes sense to have him just be taken out for the duration of the match or whatever

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

sportsgenius86 posted:

Did they acknowledge Bobby’s injury at all?

Because if it’s not a several months thing, the booking makes sense to have him just be taken out for the duration of the match or whatever

Yeah they acknowledged it. PWInsider is also reporting that he's going to need surgery. Tapings are done for the evening. As of now, here is the NOLA card. I wouldn't be shocked if they add one more match or something.

quote:

- Andrade Almas vs. Aleister Black for the NXT Title

- Ember Moon vs. Shayna Baszler for the NXT Women’s Championship

- Adam Cole & Kyle O’Reilly vs. Authors of Pain vs. Pete Dunne & Roderick Strong for both the NXT Tag Titles and the Dusty Classic Trophy

- Lars Sullivan vs. Killian Dain vs. Adam Cole vs. EC3 vs. Velveteen Dream vs. Ricochet in a ladder match for the NXT North American Title

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 8, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dusty Classic sure went pear-shaped this time around, didn't it.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Benne posted:

Are they actually using the EC3 name or is that a placeholder for people who don't remember Derrick Bateman

This may prove illustrative:

https://twitter.com/MikaylaMortimer/status/971558931318394881

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

Dusty Classic sure went pear-shaped this time around, didn't it.

...I mean, that is the correct shape.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Future Shock bay bay

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
lol at cole dong double duty

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I only saw EC3 once, when he showed up to an AIW show after being asked last minute, in order to both fill in for and impersonate Sycho Sid. Glad to see crowds are hot for him at NXT.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
:( for Tyler, but if we had to get a replacement, at least it's Pete Dunne! Dunne is so great I hope he wins at Takeover!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Draxion posted:

I only saw EC3 once, when he showed up to an AIW show after being asked last minute, in order to both fill in for and impersonate Sycho Sid. Glad to see crowds are hot for him at NXT.

Is this as funny as it potentially sounds?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is this as funny as it potentially sounds?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Takeover sounds loving ridiculously good so far!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

My friend overheard this at the taping during Velveteen's entrance. "Dad, can you cover my eyes next time he does that?"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume Dream takes the midcard belt actually. It reeks of "this kid's so over, but we don't want him in the main event yet, give him a vanity belt". Plus if he throws Ricochet off the ladder before winning, there's an obvious on-screen set-up for their feud.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I'm not really sure why Chris Hero re-signed with NXT is he's just doing the J.O.B. for everyone all the time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bigass Moth posted:

I'm not really sure why Chris Hero re-signed with NXT is he's just doing the J.O.B. for everyone all the time.

That is why. He's like a coach/performer there now. Works with the new and/or young guys and then helps get them over on TV.

Although I don't think Adam Cole really needed it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
For Hero this is kind of a dream job. He gets to wrestle his kind of match, impart his vast knowledge (something he likes doing), and gets guaranteed money without having to deal with slimy indie promoters or Vince (directly, anyways).

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I know dude it must be a really hard adjustment for the man. Seems like it was only yesterday that Hero was on the indies, constantly going over and never making anyone look good

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dude's 38 and doesn't he have thyroid issues of some kind? Putting guys over and then winding down into a coach rule seems like a nice gig.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bigass Moth posted:

I mean it's kind of what he was doing in PWG. He was the Indy gatekeeper there. If they wanted a dude to get over and have a great match they would just have them wrestle Hero. He just needs some longer matches at NXT takeover imo.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
If he’s a coach does that mean he’s an actual employee and gets benefits? Cause if so, that’s your answer.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Doesn't NXT also travel WAY less than the average indy darling? That might make a difference, also.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yeah, it's a sweet gig for Hero. Less travel, mentoring, and no pressure to cut weight and get into the wwe look that makes him miserable and hurts his in ring work.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i'm glad hero still gets good crowd reactions too (if somewhat muted when he's up against someone who's way over). people know he's a jobber but they still like watching him, which wwe usually has a huge problem with

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lol Lucha Underground sent Ryan Satin a C+D letter over publishing Lucha Underground spoilers

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

abraham linksys posted:

i'm glad hero still gets good crowd reactions too (if somewhat muted when he's up against someone who's way over). people know he's a jobber but they still like watching him, which wwe usually has a huge problem with

Hero will always be one of my top guys in 2K18 :unsmith:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Lol Lucha Underground sent Ryan Satin a C+D letter over publishing Lucha Underground spoilers

this company sucks rear end

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I hope they become afflicted by a real Aztec curse

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Midnightghoul posted:

I hope they become afflicted by a real Aztec curse

I mean, theyre losing tons of money and as of yet have no idea how to make money, so that is kind of a curse?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
where are the LU spoilers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
ryan satin had to move them to the dark web