Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Is it so bad that you have to game on AK only servers to get a good ping still?

is this a counterstrike joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
hail satan, btw

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hail Satan!!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

What's the correct PPE for devil worship?
Something fire retardant?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Mr. Fix It posted:

is this a counterstrike joke?

AK is short for Alaska.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S57Xq03njsc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66t7Qhi7KPg

Budgie fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Mar 8, 2018

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Grem posted:

How does the plumbing work? What happens if your toilet is above someone else's bedroom?
This is like the simplest problem they'd need to overcome. Seals with arbitrary rotation already exist and are ubiquitous because, you know, pumps with motors on the outside. Replace the shaft with a pipe and voila a cheap poo poo pipe that will leak poo poo all over while it's spinning because lol maintenance ain't gonna keep up.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_(mechanical)

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Hail Satan.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Yes, but also hi-vis horns and pitchforks.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

zedprime posted:

This is like the simplest problem they'd need to overcome. Seals with arbitrary rotation already exist and are ubiquitous because, you know, pumps with motors on the outside. Replace the shaft with a pipe and voila a cheap poo poo pipe that will leak poo poo all over while it's spinning because lol maintenance ain't gonna keep up.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_(mechanical)

I'm not sure I follow. Could you draw a diagram of how you think a rotating apartment moving around a fixed central core would be plumbed?

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Zil posted:

Hail Satan.

Yes, but also hi-vis horns and pitchforks.

Also a hard hat, but with holes for horns.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Post some :twisted: PPE

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

cakesmith handyman posted:

Tail LEDs.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Steel hoof boots

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

One of those reflective warning triangles you have to put out when your car breaks down, only it’s a pentagram

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
I'll just leave this here.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Safety pitchfork

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Jabor posted:

I'm not sure I follow. Could you draw a diagram of how you think a rotating apartment moving around a fixed central core would be plumbed?
I see what you're doing there Mr Fisher.

The central core thing probably makes it some what easier to hack in a solution. Like let's say you have 4 plumbing hook ups on the core. Then on the unit you just have a quick connect that's actuated to connect and disconnect at the end of a hose that has a play of 90 degrees around the core.

Rotate within 90 degrees, the hose play has you covered, probably with an actuated collar keeping it unrolled in the correct way. Go further and it pauses to disconnect and reconnects to the next quick connect ports.

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Ahh, the Kirkjay crater! Like seeing an old friend.

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

No ring, 3/10

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

I always thought that Johnny Cash song was a metaphor.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

zedprime posted:

I see what you're doing there Mr Fisher.

The central core thing probably makes it some what easier to hack in a solution. Like let's say you have 4 plumbing hook ups on the core. Then on the unit you just have a quick connect that's actuated to connect and disconnect at the end of a hose that has a play of 90 degrees around the core.

Rotate within 90 degrees, the hose play has you covered, probably with an actuated collar keeping it unrolled in the correct way. Go further and it pauses to disconnect and reconnects to the next quick connect ports.

imo it'd probably be simpler to just have the bathrooms be part of the core structure, and you use whichever bathroom happens to be rotated towards you

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

imo it'd probably be simpler to just have the bathrooms be part of the core structure, and you use whichever bathroom happens to be rotated towards you
"Our luxury apartments come with everthing but the kitchen sink!"

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

It's a rotating building. I'm paying you specifically for things that are cool but will break because they are overly cool.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ExecuDork posted:

"Our luxury apartments come with everthing but the kitchen sink!"

The world's most expensive and luxurious dorm.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

You know drat well that every bathroom would end up looking like this.
:nms: https://i.imgur.com/H6A7lYt.jpg

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
It's quite simple - when the toilet needs to be flushed, just open the window and rotate the room at maximum speed.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

A portal to heck has opened on page 666.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

FatCow posted:

There is nothing wrong with copper over short distances. AT&Ts U-verse is DSL hit with a pretty big marketing hammer and they have no problem offering symmetric gig service.

AT&T U-verse is not offering symmetric gig over copper. They only do that on their fiber to the premises service. Fastest you can get over their FTTN copper to the house service is 50/10.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

n0tqu1tesane posted:

AT&T U-verse is not offering symmetric gig over copper. They only do that on their fiber to the premises service. Fastest you can get over their FTTN copper to the house service is 50/10.

And then only if they felt like installing a fuckton of new DSLAMs in your town because it has half the range of the 20/5 service on the older equipment.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Whooping Crabs posted:

A portal to heck has opened on page 666.

Some people call it heck I call it Hades uh huh.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

dis astranagant posted:

And then only if they felt like installing a fuckton of new DSLAMs in your town because it has half the range of the 20/5 service on the older equipment.

They're in the process of rolling out FTTP here, which of course means they're doing jack all to maintain the copper plant. Which means that the aerial junction between the DSLAM and my house has been wrapped in a trash bag for months, and occasionally causes my service to drop.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

imagine going from your apartment into a bathroom and then when you leave it's someone else's apartment

also hail satan

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

holy trigger warning, ugh, too stupid to live, too dumb to die.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

so, uppers?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

n0tqu1tesane posted:

They're in the process of rolling out FTTP here, which of course means they're doing jack all to maintain the copper plant. Which means that the aerial junction between the DSLAM and my house has been wrapped in a trash bag for months, and occasionally causes my service to drop.

They seem to have given up my town entirely when they failed to buy enough congressmen to get our municipal fiber banned.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Jabor posted:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Jabor posted:

Probably water and waste holding tanks on each floor. When necessary the floor stops rotating and the various connections line up to fill or drain the tanks as necessary. The specialized flexible connectors and extra weight of the holding tanks on every floor would increase costs, but keeping costs reasonable obviously isn't a consideration in this project.

And then in a few months or a couple years enough things will go wrong that they'll stop the spinning entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

centrifugal force

each floor's greywater and sewage drains open to the exterior walls