Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Trigger's best previous anime
Kill La Kill
When Supernatural Battles become commenplace
Kiznaiver
Little Witch Academia
Gurren Lagann*
Panty and Stocking*
Space Patrol Luluculo
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RME posted:

wow i hope they don't bring back the rap from the start of that episode

I hope it's in every episode, and the emotional action climax of the whole series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

As in he made her in a lab or he hosed a klaxosaur? Both are probably valid theories with this show.

Going by the most recent episodes if he did gently caress a kaxosaur it would be strangely wholesome.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

As in he made her in a lab or he hosed a klaxosaur? Both are probably valid theories with this show.

look at him, you know he gets freaky

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It's worth pointing out that Dr. FranXX does have a horn on the metal portion of his face. Not saying he's 002's father, but it could imply that he tried to mix blood himself however you want to interpret that. How he got that injury is surely a story in-and-of itself.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Brought To You By posted:

It's worth pointing out that Dr. FranXX does have a horn on the metal portion of his face. Not saying he's 002's father, but it could imply that he tried to mix blood himself however you want to interpret that. How he got that injury is surely a story in-and-of itself.
It will be revealed much later.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Nobody even mentioned a second new ED in as many episodes.

I was double ninja'd, but I'd also guess that the cockpit seals are made out of the same stuff as the suits.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Understanding posted:

So, let's get back on topic.

What if 02 is Dr. Franxx's child or something?

what if dr. franxx is actually from kill la kill and is ryukos dad and 02 is ryuko

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Willias posted:

what if dr. franxx is actually from kill la kill and is ryukos dad and 02 is ryuko

02 can't be ryuko because she doesn't have any suspenders.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Understanding posted:

So, let's get back on topic.

What if 02 is Dr. Franxx's child or something?

My personal theory is that the more-oni-ish character in the very first episode (The one during the narration about the one-winged bird) isn't 02.
She's got very long, WHITE hair instead of 02's pink hair, her horns are much longer, she has bloodred skin and claws, and bleeds blue klaxosaur blood (02 as far as I can tell bleeds red).

So, that character is probably 02's mother, and for lack of a better candidate, Dr. Franxx is her father.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Crasical posted:

My personal theory is that the more-oni-ish character in the very first episode (The one during the narration about the one-winged bird) isn't 02.
She's got very long, WHITE hair instead of 02's pink hair, her horns are much longer, she has bloodred skin and claws, and bleeds blue klaxosaur blood (02 as far as I can tell bleeds red).

So, that character is probably 02's mother, and for lack of a better candidate, Dr. Franxx is her father.

She is 002, she has the same parasite code on her ankle. Of course she could be another 002 as we don't really know what determines one's number.

New idea for parasite numbers:
They are all frozen test tube babies and lower numbers have less genetic defects or were made earlier. The Nine series might be multiples or share identical parents.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
This show is giving me weird THX 1138 vibes the further along it gets. With the creepy empty city in the dome and the fact the show is hinting at some insidiousness to the children's existence I'm wondering how far I'll be leaning to that thought. Guess we'll be seeing soon enough.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

I really have to see THX1138 again, it's been at least a decade since the last time so I barely understand what you mean.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Understanding posted:

I really have to see THX1138 again, it's been at least a decade since the last time so I barely understand what you mean.

Largely, it's the way the society in it no longer uses sex for child birth and has totally converted to test tubing with code numbers (which I'm starting to wonder if that will be A Thing with this show) as well as the society seeming like there's not many people. (one person existed exclusively to be part of the entertainment of the society, and didn't even have a code number.)

FranXX is definitely NOT doing the thing of using drugs to remove sex drive though. I don't think any anime could get away with that.

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 8, 2018

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
It is law that all animes MUST gently caress

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

It is law that all animes MUST gently caress

I thought it was the law that all animes must get into compromising situations that look like they'll almost gently caress, but actual loving is strongly discouraged.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

chiasaur11 posted:

I thought it was the law that all animes must get into compromising situations that look like they'll almost gently caress, but actual loving is strongly discouraged.
I've always wondered why. Live action western shows have sex scenes quite often.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
sex is nasty

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
western television tries to sell us the lie that sex is good even though we all know it;s gross but the creators of anime thankfully know we dont wanna see that poo poo

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

how many western kid shows do you see where they gently caress

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Grouchio posted:

I've always wondered why. Live action western shows have sex scenes quite often.

It's almost like they're produced by different cultures with different views on and values regarding sex or something.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

Do we count Fraggle Rock, or...?

ImpulseDrive
Jul 25, 2008

chiasaur11 posted:

Do we count Fraggle Rock, or...?

That's the show where the advertisement's a screenshot of the muppet cast with the little DOOZERS logo in the corner, right?

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Futaba Anzu posted:

doesnt ditf come on at 1:00 am or something in japan

do japanese kids watch saturday cartoons that late or something

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Hunt11 posted:

Going by the most recent episodes if he did gently caress a kaxosaur it would be strangely wholesome.
Excuse you, he didn't gently caress a klaxosaur, he made love to her.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

Did you see how Dr. Franxx eyed that Klaxosaur in the first episode?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PMush Perfect posted:

Excuse you, he didn't gently caress a klaxosaur, he made love to her.

You are completely right and I am sorry for being so crass.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Grouchio posted:

You're talking about a culture that gets some real wacky ideas about their idols when they find out they're "used goods".

Plus we all remember what happened to the last harem protag that just banged girls indiscriminately.

Also we all know that when Japanese anime teens bang it always results in teen pregnancy every time. And then their kid gets hit by a truck.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

SpazmasterX posted:

Plus we all remember what happened to the last harem protag that just banged girls indiscriminately.

That boat ride is still my favorite ending to a harem show.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

SpazmasterX posted:

You're talking about a culture that gets some real wacky ideas about their idols when they find out they're "used goods".

That's just some extreme weirdos. They're a minority, it just happens they are super vocal and spend enough money to keep the industry afloat.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
It's called DITF, not DTF

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

SpazmasterX posted:

Also we all know that when Japanese anime teens bang it always results in teen pregnancy every time. And then their kid gets hit by a truck.

i feel like i know what you're talking about, but i also don't want to know what you're talking about,

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012

Understanding posted:

i feel like i know what you're talking about, but i also don't want to know what you're talking about,

"Hit by truck" is a common shounen anime trope, often the only thing that can truly kill someone on manga/anime.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Or a train if we're talking about the same harrm-gone-wrong anime/VN.

That really was a nice boat.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the real joke is replying to a grouchio post in the first place

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

SpazmasterX posted:

*days since last bad post counter flips from 2 back to 0*

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I mean, the thing about idols isn't wrong. It's a really hosed up industry.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

pretending it's unique to Japanese culture is weird and straight up not true

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Understanding posted:

Suzuka -> Fuuka

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its cool to gently caress imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

dogsicle posted:

*days since last bad post counter flips from 2 back to 0*

yes, let's keep this discussion about sex powered flower mechs and those who ride them.

• Locked thread