Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Khisanth Magus posted:

That would work too, and a second source of smoke can also help you get up the board.

Played with the revised list, I think I'm gonna give up on the Hac Tao, stick to Hsien and Smoke. Surprise Shot + TO Camo is great, but order intensive and I don't have the orders to make use of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

So, Bostria said that nu-JSA is one of the 5 sectorials, so Invincible army is pretty much 100% shifted to next year or never, cool cool :smithicide:
good time to collect a proper army of chinese judge dredds instead

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Flipswitch posted:

Baiting people into picking the bad choice.

This my local group apparently. Apparently Mobile Brigada are a hulking backboard rock-like presence while Riot Grrls are meant to be midfield hunters and both have a place in StarCo.

Instead of y'know, one being an overly expensive, bog standard, boring HI unit while the other choice makes most HI in the game look like garbage.

fatherboxx posted:

So, Bostria said that nu-JSA is one of the 5 sectorials, so Invincible army is pretty much 100% shifted to next year or never, cool cool :smithicide:

I think he was saying IA is slated for July this year on the Spanish forums.

Can't confirm because I don't read spanish, but hey

Hipster Occultist fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Mar 7, 2018

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Hipster Occultist posted:

This my local group apparently. Apparently Mobile Brigada are a hulking backboard rock-like presence while Riot Grrls are meant to be midfield hunters and both have a place in StarCo.

Instead of y'know, one being an overly expensive, bog standard, boring HI unit while the other choice makes most HI in the game look like garbage.

Don't play nomads, but what is it that makes RG's so much better?

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
MSV1 and 30pts each, plus hyperdynamics and a good selection of loadouts. 3 arm.

Vs

40 pts each and a good selection of loadouts.4 arm.

So you sacrifice a 1 in 20 chance of saving an armour roll for much better capabilities vs all ch: skills, saving 10pts, and dodging on 16s.

And that 10 points is huge for list building if your going core link.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Cassa posted:

Don't play nomads, but what is it that makes RG's so much better?

They are extremely undercosted due to frenzy discount (nullified in a linked team), have MSV1 to hunt camos and Hyperdynamics to dodge templates.
Riot Girl Missile Launcher costs 33, Brigada is 40. Cheapest filler (Boarding shotgun) is 27 vs 33.
The only thing better than that is Hospitalier-Magister fireteam which is absolute bullshit.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Unfortunately as a Corregidor player I can concur with the opinions on grrls vs brigada. Frenzy discount for firetrap units is one of those things (like the +1B for missile launchers) which is kind of an accepted part of the game despite being a standout choice whenever it appears.

fatherboxx posted:

Pretty sure he said JSA is, but the other NA2 armies are not. So 4 left to be revealed. I think I are a safe bet for one of those.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Genghis Cohen posted:

Unfortunately as a Corregidor player I can concur with the opinions on grrls vs brigada. Frenzy discount for firetrap units is one of those things (like the +1B for missile launchers) which is kind of an accepted part of the game despite being a standout choice whenever it appears.

Pretty sure he said JSA is, but the other NA2 armies are not. So 4 left to be revealed. I think I are a safe bet for one of those.

It's part of why Steel Phalanx is so good and so hated.

They can easily deploy a force which is 80-90% linkteams, all of which are made up of high-quality killing machines with the frenzy discount.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
So a couple buddies and I went super hard into starting Infinity, and that's great and all, but now he's got some co-workers interested enough to try out some demo games. So... Anyone know the best way to run demos for folks?

I've got Red Veil + Beyond, some more Yu Jing, and a bunch (enough for a 300 point list, and some remotes) of Corregidor.

One buddy has the Tohaa and USAriadna army boxes, plus a bunch more USAriadna.

Our friend who is less insane when getting into hobbies will have the Pan-O from Icestorm assembled by the designated time.

So, yeah. Any suggestions? I feel like a 150 point game without advanced rules might work, but I'd like some input from some more experienced folks.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

The missions from Icestorm are the best way to start new players off.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcDwsrgD0Os

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Yeah if you have someone’s attention for an hour, Icestorm missions are perfect. Infinity is a hard game to demo in a “15 mins at a con” setting, though.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
We have a couple hours and are demoing for three people. The guy with Ice Storm apparently won't have the Nomads built by the time we're doing this, but my Red Veil stuff is together.

Do we just go through the whole set of Red Veil missions, cycling between players/sides, so they all get a chance?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Sounds good to me. If they seem to be catching on you could pick and choose or even just pick a mission suitable for 150 points and run them through it. Which army isn't super important. You could use the the Haqq stuff instead of the Nomads since both the Spekter and Taureg have TO camo.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
If you're short on time and it's just demoing to one (or two) people I've got a system. It's aimed at showing of the mechanics rather than playing through a game.

Set up a small table (2x2 is plenty)

Mark the middle of one edge as a spawn

Place down 3-4 S2 units. One just out of Los from the spawn but in the open, the next around a corner and in cover, and the third on a roof prone and in cover.

Give the player line troop X and a stack of orders. Show them:
Mov-shoot (to get the first target who just takes it)
Mov-mov (to get to the second)
Cover (second target also takes it)
Face to face (third target dodges/shoots back)

You can also go over vaulting, jumping, and climbing as the other basics. Camo can be added but I usually find its best to move to an icestoem type game next rather than pile on rules.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

fatherboxx posted:

ha ha ha

this sucks, man

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Clawtopsy posted:

ha ha ha

this sucks, man

I don’t understand the logic there. JSA is one of 5 armies this calendar year to come out with models. There’s 4 left. Why wouldn’t IA be one of those four?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

There isn't but people are jumping to play victim and whine.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Have they said the new book is just the three factions?

insertdumbnamehere
Jan 1, 2013

Cassa posted:

Have they said the new book is just the three factions?

Four, technically, as Druze is also in there. Plus fluff and updated rules for all the Dire Foes characters, apparently.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Don't forget the 7 new missions!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

I cannot wait to be devastated by how bad the PanO dire foes redesign are and how good the rest will be

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

It's almost like people are invested in their existing models and lists, and the vague information and comments about losing "many units" don't assuage concerns... :thunk:

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Clawtopsy posted:

It's almost like people are invested in their existing models and lists, and the vague information and comments about losing "many units" don't assuage concerns... :thunk:

If you’re invested in YJ and have all the Japanese units, then you can still play JSA and YJ anyway. Just not together.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

The only non-Ninja JSA model I have is a Shikami, which I'm just going to use as a Hac Tao because duh.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I don't really want to have to start purchasing another seperate faction? When I play outside of competitive events, I just take my collection and click a list together on my device. I've pretty much always played vanilla, as sectorials don't do it for me. You can say "just play both", but no matter which way you slice it, Yu Jing are seemingly losing options, such as the Oniwaben.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I mean, I'll happily eat my words if it's a case of the models I bought to this point becoming limited AVA or similar. There's just been little word, and silence can be deafening.

:shrug:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

I cannot wait to be devastated by how bad the PanO dire foes redesign are and how good the rest will be
Bipandra 1 swc. Konnie no changes.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

either way i need to paint some little japanese flags on the faceplates of my kuang shi and wu ming

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

As a Yu Jing player, you're the first thing to brighten up my day.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
I need some silhouettes, templates, and order tokens. Anybody know of any good places that make some eye-catching accessories?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I like my warsen.al templates and silhouettes a lot.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I need some silhouettes, templates, and order tokens. Anybody know of any good places that make some eye-catching accessories?

I'm a big fan of LOSBlock and Art of War studio stuff. I like AoWs tokens but i have the silhouettes and civvies from Los and they're fantastic.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Jackal Designs in Aus is pretty great, in my experience.

I wish more token packs had more than two wound tokens. My boys get shot ok.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
This might be a crazy idea, but what if the JSA models really limited what they could do with Invincible Army and they split off the faction so that Yu Jing's upcoming new stuff can be even cooler without completely breaking the game apart?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

KPC_Mammon posted:

This might be a crazy idea, but what if the JSA models really limited what they could do with Invincible Army and they split off the faction so that Yu Jing's upcoming new stuff can be even cooler without completely breaking the game apart?

all i know is that perfidious traitors get the bullet

gotta pacify fast

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

If you're in the US it's warsen.al.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

Bipandra 1 swc. Konnie no changes.

This is my fear. Bipandra will get a point reduction but keep the 0.5 SWC and Konstantinos will be unchanged since everyone thinks he's just great already.

Pierzak posted:

As a Yu Jing player, you're the first thing to brighten up my day.

CB constantly hammering nails into my dick and I love it

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Cat Face Joe posted:

If you're in the US it's warsen.al.

Canada. Shipping the things I wanted was fully half the total cost of the product.

It's ok though, I grabbed some of the cool stuff from Art of War. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

JoshTheStampede posted:

I don’t understand the logic there. JSA is one of 5 armies this calendar year to come out with models. There’s 4 left. Why wouldn’t IA be one of those four?

because JSA was a part of the Yu Jing line of models and doing a spotlight on 2 sectorials from a single line in a year makes no sense

• Locked thread