Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the smash announcement was filler for goty Mario Tennis Aces

Tennis racket health is dumb!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nintendo didnt make any games for two years put them all out last year and is gonna repeat 2012-2014 until they make new ones. Genious

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

No Solaire in Smash no buy.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

If Dedede and Meta-knight can be Kirby's friend, Marx can be Kirby's friend

Kirby befriends and consumes all with no prejudice

Dedede and Meta Knight never lied to us!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Put Waluigi in Smash

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I saw in some interview about Undertale that Toby said one of his childhood dreams was to one day make a game that would be on a nintendo console so this announcement is pretty :shobon: for me

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Oscar Wild posted:

Did they mention the Eternal Darkness sequel?

Didn't Denis Dyack already do this lol

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

all I need is Wii U Smash with a few new characters (Squids, BotW Link, a few others) and replacing that dumb board game thing with a few different maps of Smash Run and it will be GOTY

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Kashuno posted:

Tennis racket health is dumb!!!

wow, looks like GOTY 2018 Mario Tennis Aces already is inspiring comparisons to 2017 GOTY Zelda BOTW

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Overall a great direct. A lot of release dates which aren’t super exciting but good to have. Mario tennis new mechanics don’t seem great. Everything splatoon owned. Solaire amiibo hell yeah. Captain toad hell yeah. SMASH ANNOUNCEMENT DAAAAMN

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
That was my first time seeing Splatoon by the way, and I dunno what I thought it was, but it wasn't that. Is it fun to play?

e: not snide, I'm thinking about getting it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Not Operator posted:

That was my first time seeing Splatoon by the way, and I dunno what I thought it was, but it wasn't that. Is it fun to play?

:yeah:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Not Operator posted:

Splatoon is an amazingly good 3rd person shooter it’s so fun. The single player is more of a platformer than the multiplayer

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Not Operator posted:

e: not snide, I'm thinking about getting it

Its fun for a while. Im bored already. Lots arent.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Viewtiful Jew posted:

"I've never been more excited to see a burning cross." - Woolie

jesus christ

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Its fun for a while. Im bored already. Lots arent.

Yeah it's fun but when I hit S+ rank I got bored and ended up selling it

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
fire emblem fans blown the gently caress out

like me :(

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So dark souls, Mario tennis, and now Okami for sure. I never bothered with luigi' mansion. Any good? Also definitely getting Captain Toad, it's apuzzle game right? Which version isgonna be the better one?

Smash is a given ? Very excited.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So I'm gonna get....

WarioWare Gold
Okami HD cause I've somehow never played it (I would get it on PS4 but given it's an SD game given a remaster I figure it doesn't matter as much)
Luigi's Mansion if it was on the Switch but it isn't so gently caress that
Undertale cause I've never played it somehow still
Mario Tennis depending on how I get on with the tournament thing
Splatoon DLC day fuckin 1
and of course SMASH

Haven't played Crash remakes or Little Nightmares but I feel like I'd rather get both for the PS4. Didn't really like Treasure Tracker from the little I played so not picking that up (would have much preferred a 3D World port but oh well)

Ok direct in the end, was pretty meh until the last two announcements which really won me over.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I wish they announced SaGa Scarlet Grace for the US... :(

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Frankston posted:

Yeah it's fun but when I hit S+ rank I got bored and ended up selling it

For most people that’s 100-200 hours of gameplay so that’s pretty good

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Travis Strikes Again has you playing a Death Drive game console. Is this going to be a prequel/sequel to Let It Die?

I'm all in for more Uncle Death.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Smash4 with BOTW link as his own char along with inklings is fine with me

I think it's more likely that alt skins will be one type of new content, and BotW Link is just the most high-profile one of those. TP Link is from a 12-year-old game so the BotW designs should take over, but I don't see them being separate characters.

I think Ice Climbers must be coming back, since we know they were in dev and were only cut due to 3DS limitations (not a factor anymore).

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I'm going to be the Nintendo fan hipster and say this direct really wasn't for me. It's awesome Octopath got a release date. I hope Smash is a new game and not just a port with Splatoon characters.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Gonna buy a lot of these games

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Robot Hobo posted:

Travis Strikes Again has you playing a Death Drive game console. Is this going to be a prequel/sequel to Let It Die?

I'm all in for more Uncle Death.

Yeah, it seems to be a crossover with Let It Die in some capacity. I'm kind of sad that the Co-Op partner isn't Uncle Death.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

XyrlocShammypants posted:

For most people that’s 100-200 hours of gameplay so that’s pretty good

Yeah for sure I got like 120 hours out of it I think so I can't complain, especially when it only really cost me like £10 after selling it.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Stefan Prodan posted:

I saw in some interview about Undertale that Toby said one of his childhood dreams was to one day make a game that would be on a nintendo console so this announcement is pretty :shobon: for me

https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/971877341285769222

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Also definitely getting Captain Toad, it's apuzzle game right? Which version isgonna be the better one?

Both.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Why the gently caress is Wario Ware not on the switch? Passing the joycons around, playing docked or undocked, it's perfect for it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/HatokTalk/status/971877294502436864

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

njsykora posted:

It never had a second screen on Wii U, the gamepad screen just showed the same as the TV.

You interacted with it via the gamepad screen though. Breaking blocks and turning handles and sliding terrain. You could also blow in to it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I look forward to people figuring out every single character shown in the Smash tease, aside from the obvious ones like Samus and Bowser (and Captain Falcon(?) next to Samus). BotW Link instead of the traditional-looking Link is rad.

There will be words had if my man Ike somehow gets cut, especially for some lesser FE character (IE: any FE character because Ike is the best).

Shneak posted:

...it's actual title is Octopath Traveller? :colbert:

No reason not to be, it stuck almost as soon as they announced it. If they planned to change the name that was thrown out the window by giving people a name to associate with it.

I like the name, even if it is extremely literal (8 heroes with their own stories/paths to play).

Spellman posted:

Hahaha all this final smash bullshit shows they've learned nothing

*simple rules!

Mario Tennis needs a 'basic controls' mode that makes it play exactly like Wii Sports Tennis. No fancy poo poo, just simply-as-hell gameplay so they can tap back in to that crowd of non-gamers they'd gotten a hold of with the Wii (because the Switch needs to sell even faster :v:).

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
i wish smash bros was good

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
i feel like this is a new smash.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Overbite posted:

i wish smash bros was good

I wish smash bros fanboys were good.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Smash announcement was a great vid, and that few seconds with the reflection in her eye and the flaming symbol will be an overused gif, Wario64 already posted one, haha. I'll buy it like I did the last 2, play for a couple hours and never touch it again. Hopefully they keep Cloud in it for this version too.

I am glad they are porting gamecube games, but wish it was the switch, will skip it on 3DS. Will get Warioware Gold, but wish it was on Switch as well.

Glad Captain Toad is getting a port. Now they just need to port the 2 Zelda HD releases, XCX, NSMB and SM3D World over and my WiiU will just be a fancy Wii... until they release Skyward Sword HD (motion control optional), Prime Trilogy HD (motion control optional), and Mario Galaxy collection, then my WiiU will be a knick knack for my TV stand.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Captain Toad is a fun game but not great, deep, or long so please do not go in thinking this is an obscure gem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

GenericMartini posted:

i feel like this is a new smash.

Moderators??

• Locked thread