Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I hate people that play music or just blow into the mic more than I hate the people saying offensive things. But the racism stuff is just unimaginative. There's so much you can do in the minute you have that can be actually funny without just being edgy. Read out the wikipedia page for a hentai or something.

And people who keep voice chat muted 100% of the time are missing out on the post-kill banter when you loot or get looted. I love when people talk during that even if it's just to ask how much they hit you for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

quote:

Next month we will be deploying a new, 4x4km island map on our Experimental Test Server for you to try out. It’s a much smaller map and should give you all a much more intense and faster paced Battle Royale experience. It will offer a higher player density and shorter matches and we want to get it into your hands early this time around so we can use your input to make it a great experience for everyone.

quote:

We also want to further allow you to customize your character, and both parachute and weapon skins will be added in the future to help with this.

hell yeah

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Ehm ... About those umlauts ... In the scandinavian languages that would be pronounced "nerdheym" and mean "home of the nerds". I'm sure they guy is aware of it because the page is riddled with Swedish in-jokes.

That ice hotel would have melted during the summer. Assuming the premise is the same as the other maps - abandoned area - this wouldn't work unless they put it in the Arctic proper (which precludes villages, trains etc).

Yeah, the guy who made it has a Swedish name. It would be great to have more games taking place in the Nordic, p much all Swedish developers seem to have a boner for games taking place in the US.

Volvo snow drifting :gizz:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's good they're making a small map but also stinks they're making another big one. make it 6x6 or something.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

In before they release the new map on the test server and actually after a bit of internal playtesting we decided that 10x10 km was a much better option

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

According to TFR goons, the new gun is a FN FAL

I think it's going to be a carbine that starts w/ a 5 round mag and takes sniper attachments, but a tac stock (20 with extendo?). It's the 7.62 mini 14? It's shorter than the SKS so it should be easier to use indoors and from behind cover. Damage probably falls somewhere between SKS and Mini14. Probably dank out to 550m before it starts dropping a ton

Outside chance it has an automatic fire mode with primarily vertical recoil that goes nuts after just a few shots. The sniping recoil should be sick. There are also versions with a bipod

Bouchehog
Dec 19, 2002

The Campaign for Badger Rights
Updated the infographic to swap out the gun info for parachuting ranges:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Man I've been wondering what the ideal vertical velocity for long-distance parachuting was forever. I always assumed it was 30. Thanks for that

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

drunken officeparty posted:

I hate people that play music or just blow into the mic more than I hate the people saying offensive things. But the racism stuff is just unimaginative. There's so much you can do in the minute you have that can be actually funny without just being edgy. Read out the wikipedia page for a hentai or something.

And people who keep voice chat muted 100% of the time are missing out on the post-kill banter when you loot or get looted. I love when people talk during that even if it's just to ask how much they hit you for.

playing music is funny as gently caress a lot of the time and hilarious in solo queue if you do it right with Virtual Audio Cable

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

playing music is funny as gently caress a lot of the time and hilarious in solo queue if you do it right with Virtual Audio Cable

When the circle gets small enough time to blast Tarzan Boy.

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I once got 8 kills in a game with an ak-47 by driving around and playing Geto Boys - Still on loop

:c00l:

edit: over the mic to put the fear of god into everyone before I shot them of course

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

New Zealand can eat me posted:

According to TFR goons, the new gun is a FN FAL

I think it's going to be a carbine that starts w/ a 5 round mag and takes sniper attachments, but a tac stock (20 with extendo?). It's the 7.62 mini 14? It's shorter than the SKS so it should be easier to use indoors and from behind cover. Damage probably falls somewhere between SKS and Mini14. Probably dank out to 550m before it starts dropping a ton

Outside chance it has an automatic fire mode with primarily vertical recoil that goes nuts after just a few shots. The sniping recoil should be sick. There are also versions with a bipod

Who knows where Bluehole will put it. It uses the same cartridge as the m24 but that doesn't mean anything in this game. I just don't see how it will much different that the MK14 really. Might just be old school and not take any attachments other than scope and perhaps mag? They added a rail for the scope but if they keep the rest as an old one they could do that?

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 8, 2018

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

At some point it’s going to be hard to differentiate 10 guns if they all have laser accuracy on their first shot. Also, according to an anonymous corgi lover, the new gun is specifically an L1A1 based on the safety or some other control.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
This is the only game that gives me a small adrenaline hit during combat. Anyone else get that?

I'm going to pretend it's also responsible for my 0.4 KD.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
It certainly gets me jittery and on edge during say final 3-4 players on map that other games don't really do.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
The end game for me is like a crack addiction. It's what keeps me coming back to play the game over and over again, no matter how many bad/dumb deaths I have. It's too much fun.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
This game combines the replayability of an online shooter with that feeling from dark souls and old nes games; you die in the one of final zones and say "wait wait, I see what I did wrong, let me try again!"

That combination of mp competition and single player progression/iteration may be what people see in MOBAs, really. I can't say since they never clicked for me.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

VulgarandStupid posted:

Pochinki only has one of those buildings and you can’t get on top of it anymore.

You can i did it last time I played.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Thanks for the looting advice! This is what I love this thread for.

Does anyone know what duplexes on Miramar OxySnake was talking about?

My bad I was using g them as an example of good buildings on the russian map.

I refuse to refer to them by their proper names.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I call the resteraunt with the all glass walls the grocery store and I don't know why.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I was trying to read this and those cheap fucks are hosting their images on imgur so now they are all broken.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Pawn 17 posted:

I was trying to read this and those cheap fucks are hosting their images on imgur so now they are all broken.

e-sports ready

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

Bouchehog posted:

Updated the infographic to swap out the gun info for parachuting ranges:

Dude, thanks for this.

And yes, PUBG is the only game that gets my heart racing. I'm about 150hrs clocked and I still get jittery when I'm in the late game.

It has the same thing that makes EVE Online really interesting: a true feeling of loss. When you get taken out of the game, you lose all that time and effort spent preparing for the battle. There no respawning and that gives people a deep stake in each game.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

former glory posted:

Dude, thanks for this.

And yes, PUBG is the only game that gets my heart racing. I'm about 150hrs clocked and I still get jittery when I'm in the late game.

It has the same thing that makes EVE Online really interesting: a true feeling of loss. When you get taken out of the game, you lose all that time and effort spent preparing for the battle. There no respawning and that gives people a deep stake in each game.

:same:

except I won EVE and traded it for simracing which is also pretty exhilerating because it's also a no-respawn time investment you can lose with a single mistake.. Bonus tension for knowing that loving up someone elses race feels like the exact opposite of a chicken dinner

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

there was a guy playing not-too-loud music which was like a sweet remix of some song and everyone jammed out. i like those people.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
the 4x4 map is pretty much the dream, to me

As long as there are still enough places to spread out the initial drop that is going to be so good

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
25 hours in and got my first chicken dinner. Almost fumbled it because I'd forgotten I'd set the ump down and ofc I forgot to press B after picking it back up. Nothing like moving across that final empty field, pressing LMB, and hearing a single pathetic "spiff" from the silencer.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

former glory posted:

I just started playing this week and got down to two people (I died!) and I don't think I've ever felt such a tense video game sensation ever.

I like to think of it as multiplayer nethack

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Jack B Nimble posted:

25 hours in and got my first chicken dinner.

God dammit

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
I like asking pubs really mundane questions and having the most boring conversation possible

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
It took me way too long to realize that you can hold right-click to aim without iron sights, including from vehicles.

Also, do vehicles seem bouncier to anyone? I think they changed something in the patch. I've never done so many front flips or had so many random 'buggy starts spinning and skidding in bizarre loops'

Edit: It's like driving a soaped up beach ball.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

I call the resteraunt with the all glass walls the grocery store and I don't know why.

for some reason my duo partner and i called it gas station for the longest time when it obviously is nothing of the sort

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
4x4 map concept art:

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/971836209864458240

kind of looks like poo poo to be honest, it's like they learned the exact opposite lesson from Miramar that they should have, with just a whole bunch of terrain where you cannot drop.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

abigserve posted:

the 4x4 map is pretty much the dream, to me

As long as there are still enough places to spread out the initial drop that is going to be so good

Yeah, I think the only annoying thing could be that it may be completely rng when you drop. Like if you don’t drop on a gun, you die to someone who did. One of the reasons I don’t like dropping pecado or school every game. Hopefully that’s not the case.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Yeah, for all of Miramar's flaws my favorite thing about it is that there's tons of towns that are viable landing points and you can usually find a safe landing spot and still be able to fight right away.

If this map still has 100 players landing is going to suck.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

It'll be fine. The games will be much quicker and more brutal for sure and you stand a good chance of losing the loot lottery if you land somewhere busy but what people want is the change of pace. I'd like to be able to do a couple of fast paced games on the small map then maybe switch to one of the large maps for a more sneaky/chilled game

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
HELL YEAH, a slugfest map.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
I guess some people will never be happy with what this game offers. Personally whatever people are saying I think that PUBG is one of the rare game where I think that the team actually listens to the community. I'm looking forward to this new map, I like that's it smaller and also looks like it's set in the jungle which sounds awesome (with loving trees). Only thing I could maybe say is that the number of settlements could be increased. Anyway this is only a concept we'll have a clearer view when they release the first version.

What I'm not a fan of is the weapon skins and stuff I mean, does anyone really cares about this poo poo? I guess it makes business sense for them to add that to crates.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

The more cosmetic poo poo they add the better. Idiots are already running around in $50 yellow tracksuits that make them sitting ducks, imagine if they had fuchsia helmets and neon green guns on top of that :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Le0 posted:

What I'm not a fan of is the weapon skins and stuff I mean, does anyone really cares about this poo poo? I guess it makes business sense for them to add that to crates.

no one cares about that poo poo if I am to believe every single CS:GO player I know. no one, they assure me in between rounds of running round the very same handful of maps at 300fps they’ve been playing for >10 years, fully decked out in Hello Kitty themed assault rifles and sidearms