Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
:nws: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3850457&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1 :nws:

Someone lost a bet and had to LP a shark dating sim, warning, NWS as hell and :nms: too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Inescapable Duck posted:

Who are we talking about again

Maskenfreiheit, I think. A goon posted a picture of his wife, Maskenfreiheit thought he knew the wife, asked "hey is that [insert name]?", and goons decided that was super creepy that a person thought they recognized a picture of someone online and tried to verify it.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Choco1980 posted:

Yeah, the story you're thinking of is when that whole Shmorkygate thing happened, and 'Tax ended up doing this video with his daughter where they talked a bunch of trash about how crazy and messed up Shmorky is. On Twitter, LP "superstar" Psychedelic Eyeball started really ragging on him for this choice, and saying some possibly inappropriate things about him letting Shmork around daughtertax that were later deleted, and Lowtax banned him on the spot. Different LP "superstar" Voidburger then made a kinda innocuous comment also on twitter about how she wasn't so sure that Lowtax was making the healthiest parenting choice allowing his child to make a video where she says she wishes someone was dead and stuff like that, and he knee-jerk banned her too. Both of these people were wildly popular in LP, with lots of good friends also considered the top posters there, and this reactionary action of his resulted in a ton of people flat out leaving the forums that were heavy duty LP posters. Now about 75% of the subforum that was previously the most popular here is dull as dirt war sim strategy games. :shrug:

I'm glad of it

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Choco1980 posted:

Both of these people were wildly popular in LP, with lots of good friends also considered the top posters there, and this reactionary action of his resulted in a ton of people flat out leaving the forums that were heavy duty LP posters.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mammal Sauce posted:

Maskenfreiheit, I think. A goon posted a picture of his wife, Maskenfreiheit thought he knew the wife, asked "hey is that [insert name]?", and goons decided that was super creepy that a person thought they recognized a picture of someone online and tried to verify it.

My joke was that could be talking about a lot of forums divas

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm pretty sure a solid half of the posting in QCS is from people incandescently angry about getting a sixer

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

RFC2324 posted:

Flannel pajamas are the sexiest thing don't you know
i'm wearing them now

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I've got R2-D2, X-Wing, and BB-8 pajama bottoms

I think it's just that pajamas in general are comfortable which is confident which is sexy

/s

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Proudly showed off a nude 3D Elsa render he made, made creepy PMs to a lesbian mod who posted a picture of herself in pjs attempting to do a ridiculous comicbook pose Elsa tried to claim was easy and realistic. Elsa was a real creepy dude.

It wasn't his render. It was ripped from the Eve Online character creator :laugh:

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

Mammal Sauce posted:

Little more to it than that. Tori was having a meltdown in the thread, other posters were telling him he shouldn't be so cavalier about posting so much personal info on the forums, and there was ongoing discussion specifically about how it might not be a good idea to post her picture considering the situation. That's when maskenfreiheit decided to send the pm. The person he pm'ed posted a screencap of it in the thread, because yes, in that context, it was creepy.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ghostlight posted:

i'm wearing them now

:heysexy: :jackbud:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Choco1980 posted:

Yeah, the story you're thinking of is when that whole Shmorkygate thing happened, and 'Tax ended up doing this video with his daughter where they talked a bunch of trash about how crazy and messed up Shmorky is. On Twitter, LP "superstar" Psychedelic Eyeball started really ragging on him for this choice, and saying some possibly inappropriate things about him letting Shmork around daughtertax that were later deleted, and Lowtax banned him on the spot. Different LP "superstar" Voidburger then made a kinda innocuous comment also on twitter about how she wasn't so sure that Lowtax was making the healthiest parenting choice allowing his child to make a video where she says she wishes someone was dead and stuff like that, and he knee-jerk banned her too. Both of these people were wildly popular in LP, with lots of good friends also considered the top posters there, and this reactionary action of his resulted in a ton of people flat out leaving the forums that were heavy duty LP posters. Now about 75% of the subforum that was previously the most popular here is dull as dirt war sim strategy games. :shrug:
Thank you my friend. I haven’t laughed this hard in a long time.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Choco1980 posted:

All "superstars" eventually become insufferable, it is the way of the forums.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Choco1980 posted:

Why on earth are these forums losing money?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Gum posted:

Why on earth are these forums losing money?

Because it has been supplanted by vastly more popular forms of social media. The revenue lost from the people throwing hissy fits is a drop in the bucket compared to the people that left for Twitter naturally.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Lowtax making good choices is definitely not the Something Awful Way.

LP did bring in a lot of money, but I’d ban people calling me a bad parent in Lowtax’s situation too.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Didn't they all just go to cspam?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I would fight fire with fire and make a youtube recording of me typing out their posts.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Over There posted:

They went and made their own offsite forum like any grouup mad at the admin inevitably does.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Over There posted:

No, what?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Maybe he's thinking of LF?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Solice Kirsk posted:

Maybe he's thinking of LF?

Yes I misread. Sorry :(

e: I remember when someone from LP threw a fit at Lowtax because of the new stupid newbie Trump av and left the forums.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I always thought that the Trump Lover thing was a fairly obvious joke that implies people who like trump are stupid and you just need to buy a new avatar to get rid of it.
Never got what that person was so mad about.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Random thing I just remembered:

Back in 2008-ish some goon was doing a video LP of Star Wars Rogue Leader. During a mission where you have to protect a particularly annoying female NPC the guy doing the LP angerly blurts out “Ugh, I want to rape her!” out of nowhere.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I didn't no pewdiepie got his start on SA

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Nckdictator posted:

Random thing I just remembered:

Back in 2008-ish some goon was doing a video LP of Star Wars Rogue Leader. During a mission where you have to protect a particularly annoying female NPC the guy doing the LP angerly blurts out “Ugh, I want to rape her!” out of nowhere.

Oh this was just how people talked about video games in the aughts. I used to follow the Smash Bros thread back when Brawl was in development and every other post was talking about how bad they raped someone/got raped/x character rapes/etc

In a thread about a game where Mario can hit pokemon with a big cartoon hammer

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Headshot. You just got raped, you gay bitch. hosed you like I hosed your mother last night. The holocaust didn't happen.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Edit: wrong thread

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Choco1980 posted:

"Taunting a pedophile by broadcasting a video of you pouring diapers on a small child is bad."
"But what if the child consents???"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah Lowtax is ultimately the overly sensitive web admin this site usually makes fun of but it’s mitigated by the fact he’s barely here to do anything about it.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Uh huh lowtax should have laid down and taken being called a bad father over a drat video game streams.

And that poo poo was completely unforgivable and worth declaring this entire forum an evil place worth the mass exodus and that wasnt weird and petty as poo poo.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yea Psychedelic Eyeball def deserves his ban. Voidburger probs didn’t, but after she was banned, she went on at length about how she was ‘shadow permabanned’ and crap

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Uh huh lowtax should have laid down and taken being called a bad father over a drat video game streams.

And that poo poo was completely unforgivable and worth declaring this entire forum an evil place worth the mass exodus and that wasnt weird and petty as poo poo.

If the guy is telling the truth about what they said then neither of them would have been banned if they'd posted that about literally anyone else

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I think the staff on this site can be giant weenies at times, but if you directly question their parenting skills in that context I don't think you should be surprised when the hammer comes down.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I like Psychedelic Eyeball and I still watch him on Twitch since he's all but given up LPs since being forced out of here, but if you test the itchy trigger finger you're going to get blown away. Voidburger maybe didn't deserve the ban but she's terrible and her LP forum is stereotypical Tumblr crap, so who cares. I forgot the name of the person who ragequit SA along with her husband because of the change of the Stupid Newbie avatar, but it was hilarious.

I think other LP forum superstars were pissed at Lowtax even before then (TieTuesday hated him before that incident), but this caused a mass exodus. Guys like slowbeef and Diabeetus haven't posted since, but they were more focused on Twitch before then anyway. They segued their LP personalities to Twitch and you can watch them if you want to, so good for them.

Adult Illiteracy
Oct 10, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

I think the staff on this site can be giant weenies at times, but if you directly question their parenting skills in that context I don't think you should be surprised when the hammer comes down.

In that they are able to make decisions with impunity when they're pissed off, yeah, but is questioning somebody's parenting skills actually a huge taboo on the forums or are we just not allowed to make that implication about lowtax specifically? Not that I have a dog in this fight, it's just less obvious to me than you're implying it should be.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Adult Illiteracy posted:

In that they are able to make decisions with impunity when they're pissed off, yeah, but is questioning somebody's parenting skills actually a huge taboo on the forums or are we just not allowed to make that implication about lowtax specifically? Not that I have a dog in this fight, it's just less obvious to me than you're implying it should be.

If you publicly attack the owner of a site, and say the cps should take their children, you should expect to be banned from that site.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

RFC2324 posted:

If you publicly attack the owner of a site, and say the cps should take their children, you should expect to be banned from that site.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Adult Illiteracy posted:

it's legal to give the finger to a cop, doesn't make it a good life choice