Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Mods.... no, I couldn't live up to that name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If we don't stop doing bits we'll never get out of here.

Steve was totally teaching a Feminist Lit course.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
(You Gotta) Strike for Your Right
(Season 13, Episode 5)
Hayley gets a job as a sandwich delivery driver and begins delivering lunch to Stan's office. Hayley sees the terrible work conditions at the office and organizes a strike. Stan is the only worker who remains on duty, but his loyalty backfires when Hayley wins in negotiations with Bullock and is given Stan's job. Meanwhile, the rest of the family watches the show "Breaking Bad" in reverse and discover the show is hiding a scavenger hunt.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That second part sounds like it has amazing potential.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Can't wait to see Hayley go on CIA missions. Too bad Reginald is no longer with us.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo that mural ep was great. Francine's blasé scenes in the car and basement killed me.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Chris Knight posted:

Holy poo poo that mural ep was great. Francine's blasé scenes in the car and basement killed me.

And in the hospital.

"Mrs. Smith, if you don't mind, I need to recatherize your daughter's penis."

"Sure, sure, whatever."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That was definitely played as she didn't care but isn't Francine also kinda dense.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

That was definitely played as she didn't care but isn't Francine also kinda dense.

I'd like to think its more along the lines of this is just normal. Why would Stan altering Haley's face with stone sculpting tools be anything but a normal Thursday in that household? Funny enough I just caught the episode where Stan becomes a woman and there is a scene where Roger walks through the background without asking what's happened and doesn't mention it to Klaus. Its just normal at this point.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That's fair enough

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Kind of weird seeing the CIA being influenced by leftist ideas

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The A and B plots were fantastic. The loving wet ham and the puppet show beating Bullock's penis. :roflolmao:

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
loved the Home Alone bit

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

"Well if it isn't my former conquest! Slipping me the meat for once!"

"That's actually the only way we ever did it."

Took me a minute to process that one.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
We can say wiener!!!!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
“Sad Boys is filmed on location with real sad boys.”

Christ, I cackled like a fool at that. A great episode.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
The ham was so glorious and shiny. I could not stop laughing. "I just wanted to ask about this..."

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Gonz posted:

“Sad Boys is filmed on location with real sad boys.”

Christ, I cackled like a fool at that. A great episode.

It was even better because Jeff just walked out of the living room right before Stan started singing. So good.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
KLAUSTASTROPHE.TV
Stan deals with childhood issues of abandonment. Klaus starts a website to embarrass the Smith family about their fails.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
This show and Bob’s Burgers are my animated comedy rocks right now. Trying to proselytize these shows to friends can be hard.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
when they first started showing promos for the new show Bob's Burgers I thought "boy this is stupid"

I was wrong I love it now

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Ein cooler Typ posted:

when they first started showing promos for the new show Bob's Burgers I thought "boy this is stupid"

That doesn’t sound right. You mush have been thinking of Alan Gregory Border Town Son Of Zorn

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The animation for the first season of Bob's was a bit rough, but the jokes were there from the start. I really like Bob's Burgers.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Catching up on this season. The census gag about Stan thinking some dude named Wilbur Kentucky is Roger in disquise is really funny
Holy poo poo the Anne Geddes voice acting

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 16, 2018

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

KLAUSTASTROPHE.TV
Stan deals with childhood issues of abandonment. Klaus starts a website to embarrass the Smith family about their fails.

Calling it now that some of the fails will be Roger dressed up as members of the family.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

limp_cheese posted:

Calling it now that some of the fails will be Roger dressed up as members of the family.

Wow how about a little balls when you bet

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ein cooler Typ posted:

My issues with the first few episodes is that the plot was "how is the restaurant going to close this week?" and I thought that the show was going to be that over and over again. But there was a glimmer of something great there.

Then when they had the first episode that wasn't that (the one with the cow) I was hooked. It was still a big rough but its really a animation classic.

American Dad though, its first seasons were really rough, it was like a right wing Family Guy. It wasn't until Roger was given the personalities it didn't become amazing, and its still a hard sell to anyone who watched it at first and them dumped it. But I told one of the girls I work with about it and she came back saying she binged the first 6 seasons on Netflix and was amazing by how good it was.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
American Dad gets consistently good with "Bullocks to Stan", that's 8 episodes in

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
More seasons finally coming to Hulu. Great news.

https://www.reddit.com/r/americandad/comments/84ohff/screen_shot_from_hulu_app_for_american_dad/

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

A MIRACLE posted:

Catching up on this season. The census gag about Stan thinking some dude named Wilbur Kentucky is Roger in disquise is really funny
Holy poo poo the Anne Geddes voice acting

I loved Steve going to clown school, and going on about the credentials of the instructor before saying "poo poo, it's going to be Roger, isn't it?"

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

The Nastier Nate posted:

That doesn’t sound right. You mush have been thinking of Alan Gregory Border Town Son Of Zorn

Alan Gregory was one of the most hateful, awful shows ever produced. Its characters were monsters.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Bob's Burgers is excellent but god drat doing a rewatch and the characters are annoyingly retarded at times, especially Tina, Gene, Linda and Teddy. I mean just GOD drat STUPID.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I would love to live in that type of town they live in though. I don't think they really exist, at least like that

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Davros1 posted:

I loved Steve going to clown school, and going on about the credentials of the instructor before saying "poo poo, it's going to be Roger, isn't it?"

That was great, but they did almost the identical joke earlier in the season but I can't remember the exact scenario, Roger was training Hailey for something to beat the grand champion of whatever it was and right before she faced him she said "It's Roger isn't it" and just walked away.

Someone with a better memory please post the details because it's bugging me I can't remember.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Medullah posted:

That was great, but they did almost the identical joke earlier in the season but I can't remember the exact scenario, Roger was training Hailey for something to beat the grand champion of whatever it was and right before she faced him she said "It's Roger isn't it" and just walked away.

Someone with a better memory please post the details because it's bugging me I can't remember.

They've done that joke a lot. It's fitting that the family is aware of how many personas he has, and yet they still can't avoid him.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

He played some kid who was champion of bumper pool.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Neeksy posted:

Alan Gregory was one of the most hateful, awful shows ever produced. Its characters were monsters.

I remember when it was replaced by the Napoleon Dynamite goons were saying "Well, at least its better than Allen Gregory".

Oh and I wanted to hit someone recently who compared Bojack Horseman to Allen Gregory, favorably.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Up to last season is now on Hulu.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Bob's Burgers is excellent but god drat doing a rewatch and the characters are annoyingly retarded at times, especially Tina, Gene, Linda and Teddy. I mean just GOD drat STUPID.
I feel like the show pretty much stays at a flat level now, where there are not a lot of standout episodes like in Season 2 or so, when I was on the floor laughing at some of the writing. It's become a lot more situational humor.

I also guess people on here have lost interest anyway since nobody made a thread for this season, last I checked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

FlamingLiberal posted:

I feel like the show pretty much stays at a flat level now, where there are not a lot of standout episodes like in Season 2 or so, when I was on the floor laughing at some of the writing. It's become a lot more situational humor.

I also guess people on here have lost interest anyway since nobody made a thread for this season, last I checked

It doesn't help the schedule for Bob's has been all over the place as to what Sundays get new episodes.