Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Sunswipe posted:

And then dedicate yourself to evil. The people writing Transformers comics aren't the sharpest bulbs in the drawer.

I wonder how the Transformers vs GI Joe comic that was posted last year explained it. That comic loving kicked rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Was there ever a storyline where the Decepticons try to change their name to improve PR or something?
Well, there was this, which seems surprisingly precedent to modern politics.

quote:

In his office, Shawn Berger watches the events and is infuriated, since he wants to be mayor so badly. He sends his guards out, claiming he needs to think. He picks up an odd-looking cassette on his desk, which transforms into Laserbeak. The Decepticon grabs Shawn and flies out of the office and then out of the city, towards a mountain ridge.

There, Megatron, Soundwave and Dirge await Shawn's arrival. Megatron tells Shawn that he can help get the power that he so desperately desires, even two cities if he wants. In return, Shawn must use his wealth, power and influence to help the Decepticons. Megatron tells Berger that, like many others, he's been blinded by Autobot propaganda. He persuades Berger into thinking the Decepticons are good and the Autobots are evil and that all he needs is evidence. Berger agrees to help, and Dirge takes him back to his office. After Berger's departure, Megatron tells Soundwave that Berger "thinks he will be king, but he will be nothing more than a pawn!"

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Megatron%27s_Master_Plan,_Part_1

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Knormal posted:

Well, there was this, which seems surprisingly precedent to modern politics.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Megatron%27s_Master_Plan,_Part_1

That's part of what inspired my question. I remember that episode and I just can't imagine some guy hearing a group call themselves the Decepticons and thinking 'yeah maybe they are nice people'

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I don't get the food loss edit at all. help
https://twitter.com/RUMOKO/status/970445153604222976
here it is again. is this about the new york bbq or whatever everyone was making fun of, like, six hours ago?

Krinkle has a new favorite as of 02:10 on Mar 5, 2018

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Krinkle posted:

I don't get the food loss edit at all. help
https://twitter.com/RUMOKO/status/970445153604222976
here it is again. is this about the new york bbq or whatever everyone was making fun of, like, six hours ago?

https://twitter.com/munchies/status/970335591626936320

https://twitter.com/DJHeatDC/status/970370541952688130

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
Looks good to me but then I'm not a twitter superstar so what do I know

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

ArtIsResistance posted:

Looks dry and flavorless, possibly just overcooked, with middle school lunch buns and almost unpickled cucumbers. So, alright bud.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

ArtIsResistance posted:

actually it looks sad and gross

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
None of you are ever going to eat there, regardless of if you had seen some tweets or not, so who gives a poo poo?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

oops my monitor was off

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Who What Now posted:

None of you are ever going to eat there, regardless of if you had seen some tweets or not, so who gives a poo poo?

None of us ever go to Brooklyn? Some of us live in Brooklyn (thankfully not me, though).

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

AlbieQuirky posted:

None of us ever go to Brooklyn? Some of us live in Brooklyn (thankfully not me, though).

Yes, but going to a restaurant means leaving the house, which no goon has ever done.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Trainmonk posted:

Looks dry and flavorless, possibly just overcooked, with middle school lunch buns and almost unpickled cucumbers. So, alright bud.

I'm pretty sure an almost unpickled cucumber is called a half-sour. It's a real thing you can buy at the grocery store!

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'm pretty sure an almost unpickled cucumber is called a half-sour. It's a real thing you can buy at the grocery store!

More like a half measure.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Fsmhunk posted:

I'm in tears thinking about smug pregnant scorponok and his face tattoo having baby. "Oh yeah, does this just blow your little mind, dweebs? And get this, I'm naming her Kale."

This would only improve the storyline.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
how is that black blob pronounced

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

it's not great but i dig it

finalellipsis posted:

p̢̨̢̪̖̩̹͇̮̫̟͖͙̜̐̂̿͊ͪ̓͗̆ͩͩͬ̌͐ͦ͟͟ų̷͕͍̱͚͚̣͙ͧͯ̈̆̓̋͒̂͒́̈ͫ̓̉́́ͅt̛̥͍͙͓̹̣̭̦̭̞͋̂́ͧ̀ͦͬͤͬ̽͋̅͌͒͐̍͘ ̷́͑ͪͨ̃̎͏҉̘͎͈͓̼i̸̵̴̶̧̬̹͍̭̪͍̋̀͗̈́̚ͅt̸̿̌ͦͤ́҉̧̮̠̝̩̤̤̲̬̫̣͖̺̯̟̱͠ ̵̧͎͕͓̩ͤ̓ͯ̇̄ͯ͝͝͡i̷̧̫̗̹̣̻̹͍̥̫͎̝̭͉̅̃ͧ̿̂ͭ́͋͌̒̌̌ͦ̿ͭ́̑̚ͅͅñ̸͕͔̹̦̝͈̩̥͚̥̩̦͕̗͉̗̼̳̄̽́̿̍͒ͥͤ͘ͅ ̹̫̜̱͇̻̤̥̩̣̳̬̦̺̼ͬͪ̌̈́̒ͯͬ͐́ͫ̂ͦ̾̄̕͞m̛̱̱̹̥̘̫̜̦̭̰̑̉̿̐̾̔̿͂̀̈́ͣ̊̉̐̕͢͜y̴͕̞̠͉͍̜̻̜͔̟̘̼̞̤̪̮̅̎͊ͣ̊ͩ͟ ͥ́́̈҉̛͔͙̼̖͖͇͔b̥͙̪͙̩̜̹͌́̂̒̎ͬͫ̾͒ͬ̃̔͌̈ͫ͌̾ͭ͘ͅu̡ͮ͋ͨ͑̏ͣ͐̚͠҉̫͔̮͇̼͉̝̝͍͙̯̙̤̪̬t̢̺͎̹͓̝̹̦̮͔̗̥͈̥̺̱̲͊̏̾ͨͬ̐̃̃̾͂t̘̰͖̪̮̺͇̽ͨ̐̾̔̾ͥ̂͢͟͢͢ͅ

IPA: ʇ̡͘͏ʇ̨͡ń̢̛͡q̵̕͟ ̨͘҉ʎ̢҉ɯ̡ ͢͞ú̴̡̧ı҉̛́͟ ̶̧͏͢ʇ͏̴̶͞͠ı̡̢͏͘ ̨̀͘͡͝ʇ̢͢ń̨̡͟͝d̴͢͠

stringless has a new favorite as of 05:11 on Mar 9, 2018

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That is so much better than the previous one.

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

finalellipsis posted:

omfg mods?

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

finalellipsis posted:

sword

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Jet0o/status/972472026408587269

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.
Anyone have Megahex that can send me (user username @gmail)/post page 62? I'm p sure that set of pages has been posted here before, but I bought the book off Google Play Books and that page has a giant black square through the bottom 2/3 of the page. I'm almost positive it's not intentional, since it cuts through the second two in the comic. Thanks.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

ilysespieces posted:

Anyone have Megahex that can send me (user username @gmail)/post page 62? I'm p sure that set of pages has been posted here before, but I bought the book off Google Play Books and that page has a giant black square through the bottom 2/3 of the page. I'm almost positive it's not intentional, since it cuts through the second two in the comic. Thanks.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

ilysespieces posted:

I was about to send it, but I've got the Google play book and it's the same thing

Edit:
The ebook and hard copy must be different, that's not the same page that's blocked out in our books.

om nom nom has a new favorite as of 23:58 on Mar 11, 2018

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ilysespieces posted:

Have you considered getting in touch with Google or with the publisher? That sounds like an error they should fix.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I just submitted a query to Google. The ISBN is 978-1-60699-743-7 if anyone else dealing with it wants to submit one as well.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

finalellipsis posted:

innagadadavida

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

innagadadavida

Excuse me while I kiss this guy!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Triggered

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
The Property of Hate

The story is a bit vague at times, and it seems like maybe the author's first language isn't English, but it's hundreds of pages long and growing, and the amount of effort that must go into it is impressive. The art is sometimes pretty amazing.

Edit: There's also one about an interdimensional lesbian monster-figher, which is on the opposite end of the art spectrum from The Property of Hate, but which has a great story. I can't remember what it's called, oh, yeah, it's called Hitmen for Desinty, and it's found here: http://hitmen.thecomicseries.com

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Have you considered getting in touch with Google or with the publisher? That sounds like an error they should fix.

Thank you all for helping! I did send a request but just noticed it yesterday and haven't heard back yet.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Edit: There's also one about an interdimensional lesbian monster-figher, which is on the opposite end of the art spectrum from The Property of Hate, but which has a great story. I can't remember what it's called, oh, yeah, it's called Hitmen for Desinty, and it's found here: http://hitmen.thecomicseries.com
Oyvin Thorsby's comics are all great and even though HFD is the best of them you should also read his other work which is all linked on the "My Other Comics" link there.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ilysespieces posted:

After submitting a query about this to Google play, they gave me some troubleshooting things, which didn't work, and just me $10 credit to the google play store. So if you haven't submitted an official complaint/query I'd recommend you do, $10 definitely outweighs not being able to read a page in a 220 page comic book imo.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

om nom nom posted:

After submitting a query about this to Google play, they gave me some troubleshooting things, which didn't work, and just me $10 credit to the google play store. So if you haven't submitted an official complaint/query I'd recommend you do, $10 definitely outweighs not being able to read a page in a 220 page comic book imo.

Oh wow, no, I think I just sent them a request through the support link that may or may not be linked with my email. I was waffling on buying the other two books with my remaining rewards balance, but if they do the same for me then I'm definitely getting them. Thanks!