Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Mango Polo posted:

2. You feel bad about taking 6 rapiers, a scorpius, an arcus and 2x10 sniper vets and want to give your opponent a chance

Uh. No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

More pictures of Breachers please.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
These IF Breachers are really impressive

A cool unit for a cool legion

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

BULBASAUR posted:

These IF Breachers are really impressive

A cool unit for a cool legion

Nothing here but us loyalists!

One of the reasons why I like Medusan Immortals is that they're breachers++

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Just about done with my vigilator:

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

BULBASAUR posted:

Just about done with my vigilator:

10/10, would operate. Looks awesome mate.

Where did you get the bits for the gun?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I’m gonna drown that vigilator in acid rounds after it sabotages my speeders to death. Book it now.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Bombogenesis posted:

What should I slowly throw money at for a not totally awful Imperial Fists army?

The ability to paint yellow, a skill I have yet to master.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Cessna posted:

The ability to paint yellow, a skill I have yet to master.

buy an airbrush

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Paint it white- ivory- brown like you're doing it in bone colors, then glaze yellow. Surprise, it's already shaded & highlighted!

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
I think I've found BULBASAUR's Guard equivalent

quote:

I kind of feel like to go full DKoK you need to "go big or go home" and I just don't have the stamina anymore to paint too many more Krieger troops just because of the paints I chose to use (Tamiya historical military line which look awesome when done but are so, so tedious and onerous to use because they must be mixed at least 24 hours in advance, then again an hour before painting, then at painting time otherwise they'll have a shiny finish; plus they dry so fast they dry on the brush and you have to rinse very often and even then I I was burning through a brush or two per 10-man squad). So I'd be more inclined to add more vehicles.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
You found my alternative 40k posting account :(

Chiwie posted:

10/10, would operate. Looks awesome mate.

Where did you get the bits for the gun?

Thanks dude. I made the gun from a scout marine sniper rifle, thallax lightning gun, combi bolter, and heavy bolter bipod

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

moths posted:

Paint it white- ivory- brown like you're doing it in bone colors, then glaze yellow. Surprise, it's already shaded & highlighted!

Until you do it on a tank and it looks awful.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
If you use it as a filter you need to spray it through an airbrush, use a gloss varnish, mix in gloss into the wash, or all 3. That'll end your pooling issues.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Spraying wash through an airbrush owns

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

moths posted:

As said, this works on infantry, it doesn't scale up to things like Land Raiders.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

panascope posted:

The Mastodon is a pretty sweet looking piece of poo poo.

The Mastodon is probably my favorite FW model because it is huge and dumb. I want to get one but I also know it's expensive as hell and also literal garbage from everything I've heard.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Bombogenesis posted:

The Mastodon is probably my favorite FW model because it is huge and dumb. I want to get one but I also know it's expensive as hell and also literal garbage from everything I've heard.

Use it as terrain

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
So I think I've settled on my core FW purchases but recently came into a bit more money for more.

Currently I have BoC, BoP and was looking to buy a Sicaran, Leviathan, Doredo, Scorpius, a command sent and transfers. But now I have 86 GBP more to spend. What more would you all think I should add?

I was thinking either more infantry items (Rapiers, Apothecaries and/or Praetors) or maybe a contemptor/sicaran venator? What would be nice is a Xiphon but as much as I WANT the model I don't think I need one without a full on investment in Air (Fireraptor/Storm eagle etc.)

Any thoughts?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Get your Primarch (if available).

So sorry if you are building Word Bearers

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Lord_Hambrose posted:

So sorry if you are building Word Bearers

Awww.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

As a loyalist DG, the only char I can buy on FW is... Nate Garro? Well, I don't like named chars anyways.

A pity there's no "build yer own Knigh-Errant" set.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to fantasize about Despoiler squads more.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Major Spag posted:

So I think I've settled on my core FW purchases but recently came into a bit more money for more.

Currently I have BoC, BoP and was looking to buy a Sicaran, Leviathan, Doredo, Scorpius, a command sent and transfers. But now I have 86 GBP more to spend. What more would you all think I should add?

I was thinking either more infantry items (Rapiers, Apothecaries and/or Praetors) or maybe a contemptor/sicaran venator? What would be nice is a Xiphon but as much as I WANT the model I don't think I need one without a full on investment in Air (Fireraptor/Storm eagle etc.)

Any thoughts?

Which legion?

You can't go wrong with your Primarch and Special Characters are always neat.
Depending on the legion you probably want to pick up some of your unique units.
You don't necesserily want massed air units to justify using flyers, so the Xiphon is fine.

e. Your legion's fancy armor upgrades (helmets, chests, shoulder pads) are also pretty sweet to add some model variety or make some veterans.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Sorry not sorry

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
i'm glad to be here with all of you

at the end of all things

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

JcDent posted:

As a loyalist DG

Disgusting

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

adamantium|wang posted:

i'm glad to be here with all of you

at the end of all things

Sigmar thread is over that way

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ghazk posted:

Sorry not sorry

Awuuuuuuuuu

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Ghazk posted:

Sorry not sorry

awuuuuuuu

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.
Dorn has arrived in my office today. I've never been able to make NMM look good so I'm not about to give it a go on a nice centrepiece.

I'm thinking I may use Retributor Armour as a base with a thinned wash of fleshshade with a targeted purple glaze for contrast in certain areas. Several thinned layers of Auric gold and stormhost silver should make the rest of the details pop.

Anyone got advice, suggestions or thoughs on the painting Dorn before I start this weekend and mess it up?

Edit: Moustache?

krursk fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Mar 9, 2018

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Greenstuff stache and sideburns

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ghazk posted:

Sorry not sorry

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Ghazk posted:

Sorry not sorry

awuuuuu~uuu~uu

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Ghazk posted:

Sorry not sorry

Thats it. This is peak 30k. Close the thread.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ghazk posted:

Sorry not sorry

:allears:

Make more.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

:munch:'ed expecting Carly Rae Jepsen joke. Going away disappointed.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

:pusheen:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

Which legion?

You can't go wrong with your Primarch and Special Characters are always neat.
Depending on the legion you probably want to pick up some of your unique units.
You don't necesserily want massed air units to justify using flyers, so the Xiphon is fine.

e. Your legion's fancy armor upgrades (helmets, chests, shoulder pads) are also pretty sweet to add some model variety or make some veterans.

Blood angels...

Intend to use the BA upgrade sprue a lot (normal, not primaris) since they are generic enough to pass as just slightly fancy Mk IV and VI shoulders. But I already put some MK III shoulders in my cart for what MK III I have.

The BA chests/helmets aren't really hitting my spot so I think I'm just going to give my Sargent halo crests instead of centurion to make them BA'ey.

I REALLY want those volkite culverins but if it means missing out on some bigger things, I'd rather not buy them yet as I think I'm covered for Anti-infantry for now. My cart has a lascannon kit, however.

The other option is maybe put a few bucks into a couple more Custodes as you get a taste of it in the BoP kit. May be nice to have an HQ and maybe those sagittari to kind of flush out the mini-faction. Enough to provide me with a taste rather than go down the steep rabbit hole of having even less friends than I have now.

Major Spag fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Mar 10, 2018