Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I'm so torn between enhancing Tidus and holding out for a possible Fryevia enhancement next month. Hopefully they pull a TTerra and split her costs between different cryst types instead of just making them all cost power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Cartoon Man posted:

The :tinfoil: theories on Reddit are that this is because Gumi has not released their gacha rates for each item in their game (and their other games?) and therefore Apple is not allowing their update to go through.

I fully believe that they doctor rates so this should be funny if that is indeed the issue.

People say JP's biggest gacha game got caught doing just that at some point not too long ago so of course scummy gummy would do it here.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
I have no idea how many threads ago this was, but some goon made an excellent Exdeath replacement icon for the app. I kept it until a recent phone upgrade.

This new icon is so goddamn ugly that I'm now begging for something suitable. I'd love to get treeman back if anyone kept the link, but anything that isn't Fina dry humping Fina would be appreciated.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

hamburgers in pockets posted:

I'm so torn between enhancing Tidus and holding out for a possible Fryevia enhancement next month. Hopefully they pull a TTerra and split her costs between different cryst types instead of just making them all cost power.

This poo poo is why I really want to have a Bonus Weekend "Chamber of Gems" thing, like we get for Gilsnappers/Cactuars/Magicite. Right now the hard limit for enhancing physical or hybrid units is Power Purecrysts (T5s), and the soft limit is Power Giancrysts (T4). The only difference is you are locked out of farming T5s altogether and limited to only 0-2 per week, depending on what the weekly event is. Meanwhile, you CAN farm T4s, but it's basically a TMR-farm level Lapis refill process, regardless how you do it.

For Tidus I need 6 Power T4s. Farming the Chamber of Gems with 4 Xons, one using a Pod + Raven Cape, and a carry unit will require 16 Lapis Refills to get just those six Power T4s. And that's HALF of Tidus' loving Quick Hit+2 cost, the full cost is 12 T4s.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So is the game down for Android now too? Just updated my Fire HD 8 through the Amazon Appstore and it's giving the "due to issues getting the update on iOS blah blah maintenance".

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'm playing fine on a regular ol' google phone. I think people on reddit were having issues with android emulators too so however BE is determining what you're running and giving you the maintenance message or letting you play is beyond me.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

BGrifter posted:

So is the game down for Android now too? Just updated my Fire HD 8 through the Amazon Appstore and it's giving the "due to issues getting the update on iOS blah blah maintenance".

It looks like if you recently played on iOS, it locks you out. I couldn't get on from my Android emulator this morning.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

It looks like if you recently played on iOS, it locks you out. I couldn't get on from my Android emulator this morning.

Ahhh yeah, my primary device is my iPhone. I just use the Fire HD for macroing Earth Shrine.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I appreciate the free 50% Moogle...I mean Lightning, that I just got from that new rookie mission.

Of course this means I'm never pulling a 4th Lightning for her STMR.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
My NOX instance is giving me the iOS error message. I tried reinstalling - has anyone posted tips on getting NOX to forget that I previously used iOS to log in? Seems stuck...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cobalt60 posted:

My NOX instance is giving me the iOS error message. I tried reinstalling - has anyone posted tips on getting NOX to forget that I previously used iOS to log in? Seems stuck...

They know, on an account level, where you've been signing in from. If you're flagged, you're flagged.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The break makes explorer Aileen someone I'd bring over 9s because I can live with CG Sakura 20% mitigation and offensive breaks are less useful on trials. She isn't as skewed for TDH as I thought but she's still stronger as TDH.

Lara also has pile-driver frames. In a blink of an eye pile-driver is now about as common as DR is in this point in time.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 8, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The break makes explorer Aileen someone I'd bring over 9s because I can live with CG Sakura 20% mitigation and offensive breaks are less useful on trials. She isn't as skewed for TDH as I thought but she's still stronger as TDH.

Lara also has pile-driver frames. In a blink of an eye pile-driver is now about as common as DR is in this point in time.

There has to be some place I'm missing or glossing over that has this info! This makes Lara very attractive to me and my Goony friends list!

I'm on iOS, so I'm locked out for a while, can't see for myself.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Reddit has a post during downtime usually with data rips with attack and passive info. Lara isn't that good outside of farming and piledriver frames. Which gumi didn't treat bonus units like loving 3 stars

She does have item and Gil+ so at the very least very good for farming

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Mar 8, 2018

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Reddit has a post during downtime usually with data rips with attack and passive info. Lara isn't that good outside of farming and piledriver frames. Which gumi didn't treat bonus units like loving 3 stars

I guess they’re going to get me to enhance Aileen after all. It’s hard to pass up using double OK when you have it. But having the opportunity to have a chaining partner for Aileen without having to rely on the friend list is probably enough to push me over into enhancing her. I still need to farm her weapon though.

Basically, before, I could use Aileen for harder stuff but there wasn’t anything OK couldn’t do that Aileen could. And having to swap stuff around for things like raid farming while TM macroing (so I can’t rely on my friends showing up) would be way more annoying than the benefits gained. Lara and Aileen will probably make for really good raid farming partners, though.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 8, 2018

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I'd say she's a decent budget chainer. She has Chainsaw, 6* stats, innate DW, and you get 2 copies. Probably doesn't mean much to people who've been playing a while though.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Office Thug posted:

This poo poo is why I really want to have a Bonus Weekend "Chamber of Gems" thing, like we get for Gilsnappers/Cactuars/Magicite. Right now the hard limit for enhancing physical or hybrid units is Power Purecrysts (T5s), and the soft limit is Power Giancrysts (T4). The only difference is you are locked out of farming T5s altogether and limited to only 0-2 per week, depending on what the weekly event is. Meanwhile, you CAN farm T4s, but it's basically a TMR-farm level Lapis refill process, regardless how you do it.

For Tidus I need 6 Power T4s. Farming the Chamber of Gems with 4 Xons, one using a Pod + Raven Cape, and a carry unit will require 16 Lapis Refills to get just those six Power T4s. And that's HALF of Tidus' loving Quick Hit+2 cost, the full cost is 12 T4s.

Yeah the drat red power crysts and green support crysts feel like they are worth 10x more than the other gems.

On that note Lunera is pretty cool in that regard pretty much all of her enhancements are pretty powerful and need crysts that arent the really big ones

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/08/apple-stops-nintendo-square-enix-ios-game-updates-after-tightening-loot-box-rules/

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
That’s still just speculation, like the article says, but an iOS only indefinite downtime certainly leans heavily in favor of that theory.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah. Just think it’s funny to see the theory get a mainstream internet article.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
If only there was a way Gumi could have foreseen this and done something about it like Final Fantasy Record Keeper and Dissidia Opera Omnia did. Oh and just about every other mobile game on the market.

What a ridiculous company.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
playing an imaginary tiny violin.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

BGrifter posted:

If only there was a way Gumi could have foreseen this and done something about it like Final Fantasy Record Keeper and Dissidia Opera Omnia did. Oh and just about every other mobile game on the market.

What a ridiculous company.

The bright side of the past few months of bald-faced, blatantly awful scummy things and bugs is that the FFBE reddit is almost readable now. 95% of the white knights are gone and there's just a few left lamenting how "these days" the sub defaults to gumi sucks mode.

Its also why I haven't done more than log in once a day for over a month and play FFDOOWOP or whatever the lettering is for Opera instead.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Trying to beat Aranea and im being reminded why I kind of want to stop playing

Every single "hard" fight is some dumbass overtuned poo poo that basically tells you to cheese it because they all have loving moves that will blow you up even with crazy buff's and debuffs up, have an insipidly stupid amount of HP, or both with some dumbass enrage mechanic.

Aranea hits for barely much but its a shitload of hits, then BAM enrage and you're dead. Like straight up half the group is dead because 8 attacks because.

E: I just tried again this time with Earth Veritas and the freggin crazy bitch almost killed my entire squad ON THE FIRST TURN with breaks, buffs and straight up mitigations and everything.
What the gently caress is the point of even playing

E2: someone please put up an Evade Noctis or something. like 8 tries and she kills me the exact same way every loving time: Gets buff, Destroys everyone in 1 or 2 hits out of 8 despite buffs and breaks.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Mar 9, 2018

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character

Shoenin posted:

Every single "hard" fight is some dumbass overtuned poo poo that basically tells you to cheese it because they all have loving moves that will blow you up even with crazy buff's and debuffs up, have an insipidly stupid amount of HP, or both with some dumbass enrage mechanic.

Aranea hits for barely much but its a shitload of hits, then BAM enrage and you're dead. Like straight up half the group is dead because 8 attacks because.

E: I just tried again this time with Earth Veritas and the freggin crazy bitch almost killed my entire squad ON THE FIRST TURN with breaks, buffs and straight up mitigations and everything.
What the gently caress is the point of even playing

E2: someone please put up an Evade Noctis or something. like 8 tries and she kills me the exact same way every loving time: Gets buff, Destroys everyone in 1 or 2 hits out of 8 despite buffs and breaks.

Do you have an I.Nichol? A level 75 Ling is the only unit I can get to 100% evade, but I'm pretty sure she can't solo Aranea.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I have a Trance Terra up with 100% evade that can solo it. IGN Buttz. Just do Magical Activation and spam Chaos Waves, repeat MA when the MAG buff or Maduin's Successor falls off. Plus it's all magic attacks so you don't have to deal with her own dodge two attacks buffs she spams at low HP.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Mar 9, 2018

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
I remembered I have chiz and I had no idea Noctis' TMR gave evade, so I got her to 100% evade
Had to emergency master Sazh as well but them's the breaks.

Of course this will take and hour and is irritatingly stupid

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character
I'm sharing my I.Nichol now, player ID 630,755,575. Use Illusion - Redirect every other turn to your Evade Chizuru and bring all your damage dealers to wail on Aranea. It'll go by much quicker that way.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Shoenin posted:

Couldn't agree more.
The "hardest" bosses are all lovely gimmicks or have to be beaten in some obscure or stupid way.

I love the rewards hard bosses offer but the boss fights aren't fun themselves. That's one thing I'll give ffrk is that the fights rely on strategy rather than chaining up finishers with like perfect timing or you get wiped.

And then having whittle down these bosses that can one shot everything to 1% health by lightly pissing on them each turn, so you can kill them with an esper is so much loving fun!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ancillary Character posted:

I'm sharing my I.Nichol now, player ID 630,755,575. Use Illusion - Redirect every other turn to your Evade Chizuru and bring all your damage dealers to wail on Aranea. It'll go by much quicker that way.

Man, I'd friend you, but I'm not sure if we're friends or not and also the game is still down for iOS users.

Gumi is now blaming it on Apple, saying it was approved before maintenance. Why they couldn't get out ahead of that, if it's even true (lol) is very mysterious...

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Gumi is now blaming it on Apple, saying it was approved before maintenance. Why they couldn't get out ahead of that, if it's even true (lol) is very mysterious...

I think they honestly didn't expect to get their app straight up blocked and now they're blaming Apple, and claiming the situation is "out of their control" on Facebook. Very clearly they're trying to drive people against Apples new policy, by extolling how the game runs fine on Android and they can't control what Apple does. I'm counting down the minutes in this before they release a statement talking about how unfair it is they have to play by Apple's rules and how it hurts them as a poor little company just trying to make a product that people want...

Thankfully it doesn't look like too many users are falling for this, and the blame is pretty squarely on Gumi.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
That Login

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Sharing an enhanced Aileen with 994 attack and 4 sources of beast killer (Ifrit, King of Beasts, Demon Horn, Beast Killer materia).

253 556 279 if anyone's interested.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I know why Apple is delayed. The App Store guy who approves things walked into one of those glass walls at the Apple campus and had to call 911.

https://sf.curbed.com/2018/3/5/17083082/apple-park-911-calls-employees-injuries-glass-walls

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."

pasaluki posted:

That's one thing I'll give ffrk is that the fights rely on strategy rather than chaining up finishers with like perfect timing or you get wiped.

The strategy of "roll a hundred times per banner to make your characters not useless" and "apply the cryst grind for enhancing characters in this game to EVERY SINGLE ABILITY IN FFRK or else good luck dealing any damage beyond your second turn"? Along with the other strategy of "mentally keep up with the invisible enemy ATB" I mean.

I'm sorry but FFRK was a miserable slog and the day I finally booted up FFBE was the final nail in RK's coffin, for me anyway. I'll gladly take the minimal luck I've had with this game and it's honest-to-goodness turn based system over rng-heavy ATB fuckery any day.

Edit: That was probably over the top, but it's been stewing in my head every time I see FFRK come up in this thread as some sort of beacon of non-lovely mobile-gaming. Like, that horribly unoptimized, mythril-scant piece of crap? For real?

meteor9 fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Mar 9, 2018

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

pasaluki posted:

That's one thing I'll give ffrk is that the fights rely on strategy rather than chaining up finishers with like perfect timing or you get wiped.

:lol:

I guess it only took several years to get to that point then, because "build up SB gauges and dumpster the boss" had been a viable thing in FFRK ever since Wrath and Lifesiphon were added to the game. That's also excluding the torment fights that start you with full SB gauges and so with the right setup (Cloud USB + whatever) you would literally 3-4 round those bosses.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
App’s on the store but it looks like gumi didn’t get the memo (maintenance message still up).

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
managed to log in. i take it those enhancements weren’t released

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Logged back in, no compensation womp womp wwwoooommmpppppp

Not even energy pots.

EDIT: they made a tweet

https://twitter.com/ffbe_en/status/972128265048506368?s=21

maybe we get the energy pots later today

Armitage fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Yeah, I think they let the app release but Gumi didn't get the memo. Probably see compensation tomorrow. Usually they're pretty good on timely compensation but I think they probably didn't have any idea when the app would drop they wouldn't know how much compensation to dole out. However since the app was out for at least a day, there's an outside chance everyone will get a 10+1 ticket to make up for a potentially missed daily log in bonus.

• Locked thread