Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

My wildest Pokemon-related dream came true this morning as Pokemon Bank released their yearly promotional Pokémon distribution. This time its the Alolan Starters with their Hidden Abilities! They have your Trainer ID.

Finally we can use Long Reach Decidueye, Intimidate Incineroar and... I guess Primarina with Liquid Voice?

Decidueye has Shadow Sneak and Phantom Force (move reminder moves), Incineroar has Fake Out (egg move) and U-Turn (TM move) and Primarina has Perish Song (egg move).

Zuzie fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Mar 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Zuzie posted:

My wildest Pokemon-related dream came true this morning as Pokemon Bank released their yearly promotional Pokémon distribution. This time its the Alolan Starters with their Hidden Abilities! They have your Trainer ID.

Finally we can use Long Reach Decidueye, Intimidate Incineroar and... I guess Primarina with Liquid Voice?

Decidueye has Shadow Sneak and Phantom Force (move reminder moves), Incineroar has Fake Out (egg move) and U-Turn (TM move) and Primarina has Perish Song (egg move).

Oh dip that's pretty awesome.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zuzie posted:

LR and LV are pretty useless. The only starter with a good HA this gen is Beltigre.

less laughter fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Mar 8, 2018

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I wonder if I can track down someone that could edit my fully trained Decidueye to have Long Reach.

The alternative is sinking in tens of hours to breed one with perfect IV's, ev train it, level it back up to 100 and grab all the relevant ribbons again, and that sounds like a pain in the arse.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Crawfish posted:

The alternative is sinking in tens of hours to breed one with perfect IV's, ev train it, level it back up to 100 and grab all the relevant ribbons again, and that sounds like a pain in the arse.

I specifically avoided raising an Incineroar until now for this very reason. Although can't say the same for Decidueye...

Another thing: The natures and genders aren't locked so you can soft reset for them if you want to. I didn't get to do this and now getting a female Litten with its HA is a bit tough.

Zuzie fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 8, 2018

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Crawfish posted:

I wonder if I can track down someone that could edit my fully trained Decidueye to have Long Reach.

If you are going to level it to 100 anyway then you can Hyper Train it, so the "breed for perfect IVs" step is unnecessary.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Zuzie posted:

I specifically avoided raising an Incineroar until now for this very reason. Although can't say the same for Decidueye...

Another thing: The natures and genders aren't locked so you can soft reset for them if you want to. I didn't get to do this and now getting a female Litten with its HA is a bit tough.

Thankfully I was already insane enough to breed up female 6iv adamant incineroars with crunch and power trip so I'm halfway there!
:shepface:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

dungeon cousin posted:

That's hella sweet! On a related note, someone is playing as Moana and I VIPed them just for that.

Moana is also super good!

Here's another pic I just took today. I updated my outfit and took another pic with my bro Stitch:

Big thanks to everyone who liked my pictures. :3:

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go and soft reset for HA female Alola starters so I can breed them with my egg-move havers.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I know you can get more apricorn balls by having a GSC pokemon in your game, but does it need to be from a copy you own? I'm hoping to trade for one and use it instead of having to buy the virtual console games.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I know you can get more apricorn balls by having a GSC pokemon in your game, but does it need to be from a copy you own? I'm hoping to trade for one and use it instead of having to buy the virtual console games.

Tell me more. Maybe it will motivate me to finish Crystal.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Chill Penguin posted:

Tell me more. Maybe it will motivate me to finish Crystal.

If you transfer a pokemon from the virtual console GSC games to USUM, and bring it to... I think the Gamefreak Building in Heahea, I believe there's a guy who will give you one of each apricorn ball per USUM file.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yeah so long as its from A Gen 2 VC game, you'll get the balls, not just YOUR VC game.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Is it just a one-time thing? I never used the apricorn balls in SM since you only got one of each.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
And after it evolves it drinks... Wee?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

less laughter posted:

LR and LV are pretty useless. The only starter with a good HA this gen is Beltigre.

Oh man it really has been a long pokemon break for me. This post made me entirely forget the name Incineroar until I looked it up.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Incineroar with intimidate?

Finally. I feel like his usage in doubles is about to jump up significantly.

Also I am thinking of keeping u-turn instead of getting low kick.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
When does the distribution end?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Reinanigans posted:

When does the distribution end?

According to Serebii, they don't know :smith:.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

According to Serebii, they don't know :smith:.

It's most likely until November or December of this year as Bank promos last for virtually the whole year.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
And so went by another Nintendo Direct with no mention of Pokemon Switch, just some Detective Pikachu news.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Kikas posted:

And so went by another Nintendo Direct with no mention of Pokemon Switch, just some Detective Pikachu news.

Pokemon news usually has its own Directs anyway and despite all rumors, its still way to early for any Pokemon Switch game announcement, especially in light of Smash Bros.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
At least with a new Smash on the way the people making fake starters will have something else to do.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Detective Pikachu looks good at least.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My sources have the pocket monster "pikachu" appearing in the new Smash Bros.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Flopsy posted:

You forgot Lunala which makes five. I only need one more for my all bat team. Then...I can truly be the night.

Dragging up an old topic, but how about Emolga? Flying squirrel has some evolutionary convergence, at least.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Zuzie posted:

Oh sweet, time to breed out Incineroars and mess around with them. It even gave me a 0 speed IV one off the bat so I don't need to spend time and pain getting 0 speed on one later.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Is there any real use out of Liquid Voice? I can't think of anything better for it that a good SpA water move wouldn't be able to do already

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Parrotine posted:

Is there any real use out of Liquid Voice? I can't think of anything better for it that a good SpA water move wouldn't be able to do already

It turns Hyper Voice into Surf but without ally damage for doubles? I think that's it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

liquid voice turns all of primarina's sound bytes into bbbbbbrotha !! and snake !!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

did you like my choice specs ??

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

oddium posted:

liquid voice turns all of primarina's sound bytes into bbbbbbrotha !! and snake !!

I had my arm replaced with that of an Eelektross, and since my father was a Grumpig I have the powers of a spirit medium! Allowing his soul to Possess me! What? Why are you laughing! Stop that!

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
You could maaybe do something with Liquid Voice in doubles by using Perish Song and a partner with Water Absorb, but the sheer number of green lights you have to hit to do anything useful with that is mind boggling.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

emolga is cute

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I really hope Pokemon Switch is a Holiday 2019 title. I want GF to take the proper amount of time to do this game.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I don’t remember them saying that it was going to come out in 2018? Just that they were working on it.

But I agree, I want it to be as good as possible, especially considering Game Freak’s first generation on a console tends to be a lot shakier than their last.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

hopeandjoy posted:

I don’t remember them saying that it was going to come out in 2018? Just that they were working on it.

But I agree, I want it to be as good as possible, especially considering Game Freak’s first generation on a console tends to be a lot shakier than their last.

Last E3 they said it would come out "2018 or later" so of course a lot of people were like "Pokemon guaranteed on Switch in 2018!!!!!!"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Zore posted:

Last E3 they said it would come out "2018 or later" so of course a lot of people were like "Pokemon guaranteed on Switch in 2018!!!!!!"

"It may not release for more than a year, but we hope you look forward to it all the same."

2018 was never given, and hopefully wasn't even considered. But i'm paranoid that it'll be rushed to this year.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That's like saying Smash on Switch is rushed because the first announcement was last night and announced for 2018.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dehry posted:

That's like saying Smash on Switch is rushed because the first announcement was last night and announced for 2018.

I'm assuming Pokemon Switch began development as soon as SM released. That' still only a year and four months ago. I would feel more comfortable with this getting three years in development than two because I don't trust GameFreak too much.

Is there any article or something out there that explains the quality of the pokemon models that are being used now? I'm trying to explain to a friend that they were made so that they only had to do them all once.