Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i just mute the game and listen to a podcast or music to kill an hour and maybe get fun clothes for my friends.

so yeah i guess i like overwatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I beat chapter 6 of Celeste and it was very good, but I didn't find a single strawberry so I don't know if there even are any there? Also dunno if I'd count the boss fight type encounter as fun but it didn't frustrate me so I guess it's cool too

I finished Pico-8 the second I came across it in like 20 minutes so that was some fun foreshadowing :v:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/IceSeason101/status/971904338317766657

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I beat chapter 6 of Celeste and it was very good, but I didn't find a single strawberry so I don't know if there even are any there? Also dunno if I'd count the boss fight type encounter as fun but it didn't frustrate me so I guess it's cool too

I finished Pico-8 the second I came across it in like 20 minutes so that was some fun foreshadowing :v:

The flow is so on point boss fight or no

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Real hurthling! posted:

The flow is so on point boss fight or no

For the most part yeah it felt super natural and good. I think the only time I got stuck was a room that needed me to go down and to the left with a feather at the start of it. Just felt like if I didn't grab the feather just right I'd randomly die which made me antsy as it was one of the longer rooms.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Man the reveal trailer for the new Smash Bros. is like the least hype reveal trailer ever.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Raxivace posted:

Man the reveal trailer for the new Smash Bros. is like the least hype reveal trailer ever.

I liked it because I knew it was a fake out instantly because it's literally just Splatoon 1's trailer but better looking If you forgot.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Raxivace posted:

Not me, I thought they might never make another Smash Bros again. Phew.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
you could tell it was a smash trailer because those models were way more highly rendered

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That Solaire is quite nice. I want little figures of like everything from the series now.

Happy Miku Day everyone :toot:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I can't believe Solaire has been confirmed for Smash.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Debating buying FFXV PC and giving it a bash but I can't make up my mind

There’s a demo

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Raxivace posted:

How do you not get hype at the smash logo reflected in inkling girl's eye

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Battle Royale is a new exciting game mode that can be played both in single and multiplayer. In this new exciting mode the player must stay inside the eye of the constantly moving storm and try to catch as many fish as possible within the time limit.

fishermanunknown's battle lake

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/Siliconera/status/972034021461917696

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The true curse of mobile games is not gatchas but lovely ports of games you loved

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Come on, at least give me a low effort steam port or something

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Andrast posted:

Don't worry, it's coming soon, it'll be the mobile version.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Andrast posted:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

McDragon posted:

That Solaire is quite nice. I want little figures of like everything from the series now.

Artorias amiibo when

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Seeing the words "Job System" pop up in the Octopath Traveler video just bumped it several ranks up my "Most Anticipated" list.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

Seeing the words "Job System" pop up in the Octopath Traveler video just bumped it several ranks up my "Most Anticipated" list.

Conversely, it made my heart sink.

Fortunately the description of how it works looked tolerable so I'll give it a chance.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://twitter.com/figsoku/status/971944244591050752?s=21

arino .....

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Regy Rusty posted:

Conversely, it made my heart sink.

Fortunately the description of how it works looked tolerable so I'll give it a chance.

I gotta earn the points. I gotta earn the XP and the JP. I gotta learn the skills, gotta learn the synergies. Gotta unlock those classes. Gotta look at the different sprites for each character and class combination.

It's gamer crack to me. Has been since FFT.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Octopath looks neat. What's the actual progression like though? Do we know if you have to play through as each character, or is it something where you pick a character and then pick the rest up along the way until you complete the game, or what?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It seems like each character has their own playable intro before they eventually meet up. I could be wrong though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

It seems like each character has their own playable intro before they eventually meet up. I could be wrong though.

Yeah everything they've shown is individual but I'm wondering how long the post-meet up stuff would be. The battle system that game has with a party seems like it would be overwhelming very very quickly with more party members

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

Octopath looks neat. What's the actual progression like though? Do we know if you have to play through as each character, or is it something where you pick a character and then pick the rest up along the way until you complete the game, or what?

I think it's going to be along the lines of Romancing SaGa, where each character has their own story but can meet and recruit the other main characters as well as other party members who may not be part of the core eight. Some of the footage I've seen has (I believe, it's been a while) the fighter and the dancer character fighting together in the same party. That could have been mocked up for a trailer but I doubt it.

I think I'm getting a Switch later this month so more RPGs like this and SMTV are really going to be my jam. Since I own a Wii U and bought a lot of the games that interested me on that system, the news of ports falls flat on my ears. I need new stuff.

e: Maybe they haven't shown the main characters fighting together, but there's definitely a way to select different characters in the Equip menu, so there will be more than one character in the party.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Mar 9, 2018

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

LawfulWaffle posted:

I hope they've made the combat mechanics less crushingly boring in the 6 months since the demo.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I've got a rare day off and I'm still experiencing Subnautica withdrawal bad enough that I am seriously considering Metal Gear Survive despite realizing that it's probably complete poo poo stuffed to the gills with microtransactions.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

LawfulWaffle posted:

Same. Bravely Default + Second were basically modern sequels to FF5

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

New hoi4 update looking good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i love the heck out of a job systems. job systems are a bucket of good times.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

In Training posted:

mein caramba !!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

In Training posted:

Buenos dias, Señor Fuhrer.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Banazi Republic

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm happy that the main character is no longer Madeline at Badeline. Now that the two are getting along I hope they can be Gladeline

I know they wanted the final stage to be it's own level set but I think it would of also been pretty fun if you ran house through all the old levels with double dash enabled, just to show how working together with yourself instead of against makes life so much easier.

Also as someone who suffers from severe cases of depression I do like how it's talked about in game. It's really hard to describe but the try is honest.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i fuckin loved the last two levels of Celeste, they made me feel like an awesome person for finishing them and the story was :discourse:

picked up A Hat in Time last night and it's really good! very Super Mario Sunshiney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You'd think the monkey's paw would eventually run out of fingers.

• Locked thread