Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Schadenboner posted:

:wrong:

E for content: I was really hoping for a Kroot HQ so I could finally make my long-dreamt-of Kroot Merc force. :sigh:

Some day we will be able to make our cool Kroot only forces which will never be anything but target practice for our opponents but will look cool and that's all that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Corrode posted:

Basically everyone forgot their book even came out, if they do show up they're basically Codex: Grandmaster Nemesis Dreadknights and nothing else.

Bummer. Glad I sold mine off since Custodes basically seem to do the same thing(Elite melee boys) but better, but I do miss having an army of crazy battle mages.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Strobe posted:

The cyclic ion blaster looks worth using on them, but you get exactly zero of those in the box, and exactly one in each Commander box. That's the only source for it.

To be fair, guns usually aren't that hard to get ahold of (unless it's specific arms-modeled-with-gun pieces):

http://www.reddogminis.com/crisis-suit-compatible.html
https://www.shapeways.com/product/A3RN829DU/cyclic-ion-blaster-bits-pack-of-4-6-9-10-13 (flat textureless sides = very easy to smooth if you get a rough print)

I assume third-party counts-as are AOK to link. These two links are out of stock but that might change when the codex comes out + they're first party bits
http://www.letthedicedecide.co.uk/tau-commander-cyclic-ion-blaster-9201-p.asp
https://hoardobits.com/cgi-bin/hob/shop.pl?cat1=Bits&cat2=Warhammer%2040k&cat3=-Tau%20Empire&cat4=&page=4&view=11042015-1-28

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

R0ckfish posted:

You want the most ridiculously bad unit? look at the razorshark, it is unable to make its points back in a average game, and hits fliers on 6s at full wounds due to having a heavy weapon as the main armament. The sunshark has almost double the output in shots/damage and has a bomb.

Razorshark's guns look like they're Assault now, if you didn't see.

I think that's the Razorshark at least.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Bombogenesis posted:

I haven't seen or heard anyone talk about GKs in months, did the beta Smite rule really just totally kill the army?

I routinely forget they even exist post-5th edition.

I also just stepped outside to prime some models and one of my neighbors comes by and is like "oy, is that a land raider?" and we talked about hams for a minute. Small, hammy world.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
I'm new to 8th edition so i'm still not super clear with all the rules yet: Could a Vior'la Breacher team Advance, then pop Hot Blooded and Breach and Clear at the start of the shooting phase?

Markerlight or Ethereal for reroll 1's to hit and 40 S6 AP-2* Reroll wounds seems good.

Re-reading Breach and Clear I guess the enemy has to be one in cover, so you can't just DELETE any dude, but a dude in cover ignoring said cover also seems powerful.

EDIT: fixed stuff

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 9, 2018

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Pyronic posted:

I'm new to 8th edition so i'm still not super clear with all the rules yet: Could a Vior'la Breacher team Advance, then pop Hot Blooded and Breach and Clear at the start of the shooting phase?

40 S6 AP-1 Reroll wounds seems good.

A ethereal gives them reroll 1s to hit too

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

SRM posted:

Remember when they were absolute terrors for like 9 months in 5th ed? That was a strange time.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Serotonin posted:

A ethereal gives them reroll 1s to hit too

So does one Markerlight.

Also, they're S6 AP-2. At that point it's a better version of three and a half twin AssCans.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

SRM posted:

They were my favorite boiz in 7th and are probably still my favorite army in terms of aesthetic, though they were a garbage fire through all of 7th. And for some reason they got one of the first 8th edition codices? :iiam:

I'm basically just kinda bummed that I realized the golden boys are the silver boys but better.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now, for feths sake, can we move on with this talk, it isn't just this model, but every. single. time a company releases a model with breasts that don't resemble a 48 year old mother of seven's wearing a chunky knit cardigan it's the same posts (and often the same posters.)

It is the very paragon of the idea of don't like it, don't buy it, and the irony is by complaining you're bouncing the thread repeatedly to the top and getting the model more exposure. (Pun slightly intended.)

I mean, you're all wargaming nerds with internet access, surely you're acutely aware of the wide variety of female secondary sexual characteristics that occur naturally and articficially?

And yes, before anyone self righteously clambers on their high horse and decries me for trying to stifle their right to express their opinion, in this case your opinion would be better supported by keeping schtum and letting the thread drop away rather than keep debating it.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Lol what are you even responding to

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Hustlin Floh posted:

Now, for feths sake, can we move on with this talk, it isn't just this model, but every. single. time a company releases a model with breasts that don't resemble a 48 year old mother of seven's wearing a chunky knit cardigan it's the same posts (and often the same posters.)

It is the very paragon of the idea of don't like it, don't buy it, and the irony is by complaining you're bouncing the thread repeatedly to the top and getting the model more exposure. (Pun slightly intended.)

I mean, you're all wargaming nerds with internet access, surely you're acutely aware of the wide variety of female secondary sexual characteristics that occur naturally and articficially?

And yes, before anyone self righteously clambers on their high horse and decries me for trying to stifle their right to express their opinion, in this case your opinion would be better supported by keeping schtum and letting the thread drop away rather than keep debating it.

Dakka?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Strobe posted:

Lol what are you even responding to

Looks like a dakka post or something.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Hustlin Floh posted:

I'm genuinely impressed they didn't start complaining about "SJWs" or "snowflakes" trying to take away their tiddy miniatures

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Strobe posted:

So does one Markerlight.

Also, they're S6 AP-2. At that point it's a better version of three and a half twin AssCans.

Oh lol yeah. I always forget about markerlights

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.
The Vio”rla trait seems incredible - imagine starting a Vio’rla army around an ethereal, a fire blade and literally 100 strike warriors for only 800 pts. That’s quite a mobile infantry gun line,

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

Bombogenesis posted:

They were my favorite boiz in 7th and are probably still my favorite army in terms of aesthetic, though they were a garbage fire through all of 7th. And for some reason they got one of the first 8th edition codices? :iiam:

I'm basically just kinda bummed that I realized the golden boys are the silver boys but better.
I legit think they got put out first because the codex required basically no effort (they didn't get anything new beyond existing SM options) beyond having a handful of models painted for photos. Despite them being my primary army, they're very obviously redundant with Custodes and (hilariously) not even that great at killing Daemons.

They'd be halfway playable if you basically dropped the price of all their units by 20%, and they have hellaciously overpriced HQ selections that make it painful to get to battalion strength (which especially sucks since extra command points also does wonders for making them workable).

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SRM posted:

I'm genuinely impressed they didn't start complaining about "SJWs" or "snowflakes" trying to take away their tiddy miniatures

They're all I have left...

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
There do exist people who get really weird about any boobplate/breasts/nudity at all, who kind of missed the point on why people complained about that stuff in the first place.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I like boobs.

I like war gaming.

It’s really hard to balance.

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

Trying to get my retro Rogue Trader inspired Primaris Crimson Fist beakies up to 1500 points. The main thing I still need to add is a Repulsor, but I still have a few points to play with. I can squeeze a basic bolter scout squad in, which is neat, and they are a dirt cheap kit. Let me know what you think of this list and if you have any ideas other than the scouts. Planning on adding a Librarian and Redemptor to go to 2,000. Already have everything in the list minus the scouts and Repulsor so this is more of a 'what I have and like' than anything competitive.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [87 PL, 1500pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: Crimson Fists

+ Dedicated Transport +

Repulsor [16 PL, 332pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Auto Launchers, Fragstorm Grenade Launcher, 2x Krakstrom Grenade Launcher, Las-talon, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Twin lascannon

+ Heavy Support +

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 165pts]: Plasma incinerator
. 4x Hellblaster
. Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

+ HQ +

Captain in Gravis Armor [7 PL, 134pts]: Boltstorm gauntlet, Master-crafted power sword, The Fist of Vengeance

Primaris Lieutenants [10 PL, 148pts]
. Primaris Lieutenant: Master-crafted auto bolt rifle
. Primaris Lieutenant: Power sword

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad [6 PL, 111pts]: 2x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant, Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Primaris Ancient [5 PL, 69pts]: Standard of the Emperor Ascendant

Primaris Apothecary [4 PL, 68pts]

+ Fast Attack +

Inceptor Squad [10 PL, 135pts]: Assault bolter, 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 90pts]: Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 90pts]: Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

Scout Squad [6 PL, 68pts]: Camo cloak
. Scout Sergeant: Boltgun, Chainsword
. 3x Scout w/Boltgun
. Scout w/Heavy Weapon: Heavy bolter

++ Total: [87 PL, 1500pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

BurlapNapkin
Feb 11, 2013
I can't really be too upset, but the (Tau) codex/index continues to have a lot of redundant overlap. That Vior'la tenet is cool for assault weapons right? Guess what ubiquitous Tau wargear duplicates that effect?

Trick question; there's two of them, and master of war :eng101:

Rerolling 1s to hit is another thing they frequently put in as an effect where they would rather not have it buff anything.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDh_aoyZT38

Featuring one of the best explanations of what the 40k universe I that I've heard so far.
Also good grief this game was a lot worse than I remember it being.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Hustlin Floh posted:

What model are they complaining about here?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I'd guess Maxmini's Inquistoress, because even the job needs to be gendered:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I'd guess Maxmini's Inquistoress, because even the job needs to be gendered:

Also, the word would be Inquisitrix not Inquistoress?

E: That being said, I have been looking for a good "Inquisitor with Incinerator" model...

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I'm the nipple tape

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Schadenboner posted:

Also, the word would be Inquisitrix not Inquistoress?

* knocks the books out of your hands while passing you in the hall *

Cainer
May 8, 2008

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Inquisitoress

Is her crotch skull leering at me?!

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Cainer posted:

Is her crotch skull leering at me?!

Or are you leering at her crotch skull?

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

I was just looking at some desert dwellers heads those guys put out and was thinking they might look good on some chaos cultists I plan on kitbashing up, but looking at this offering makes me wanna reconsider giving this company any money.

Not that I'm a prude, its just that I don't want to support anyone that enables abhuman incels to get even an ounce of titillation from tiny heroic scale realdolls.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Two Beans posted:

I was just looking at some desert dwellers heads those guys put out and was thinking they might look good on some chaos cultists I plan on kitbashing up, but looking at this offering makes me wanna reconsider giving this company any money.

Not that I'm a prude, its just that I don't want to support anyone that enables abhuman incels to get even an ounce of titillation from tiny heroic scale realdolls.

You really need to leave Ratlings and Ogryns out of this.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Schadenboner posted:

You really need to leave Ratlings and Ogryns out of this.

Those mutants at least serve the (false) emperor in their own ways. I'm referring to a more base, revolting type of aberration. A true abomination to nature.

Scrunts, yo.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Welp, my game last Sunday got canceled, but I managed to schedule one for this Sunday against my friend Necrons. He's being gracious enough to let me test out my tournament list on him, and i'm trying to figure out which list to take. I have this one, which is the one I posted before:

Zuul the Cat posted:

Okay, amended list. Any thoughts?

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [63 PL, 1187pts] ++

+ Heavy Support +

Onager Dunecrawler [7 PL, 145pts]: Cognis heavy stubber, Smoke Launchers
. Neutron laser & cognis heavy Stubber: Cognis heavy stubber, Neutron Laser

+ HQ +

Tech-Priest Dominus [7 PL, 127pts]: Eradication Ray, Macrostubber, Omnissian Axe

Tech-Priest Dominus [7 PL, 125pts]: Macrostubber, Omnissian Axe, Volkite Blaster

+ Uncategorised +

Forge World: Stygies VIII

+ Troops +

Kataphron Destroyers [10 PL, 210pts]
. Kataphron Destroyer: Cognis Flamer, Heavy grav-cannon

Kataphron Destroyers [10 PL, 210pts]

Skitarii Vanguards [4 PL, 40pts]: 4x Skitarii Vanguard
. Vanguard Alpha: Radium Carbine

Skitarii Vanguards [4 PL, 40pts]: 4x Skitarii Vanguard

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [45 PL, 804pts] ++

+ HQ +

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, 164pts]: Auric Aquilis, Hurricane Bolter, Misericordia, Superior Creation, Warlord

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, 160pts]: Hurricane Bolter

++ Total: [108 PL, 1991pts] ++

or this one, in which I take less shield captains and kataphrons, but took a knight.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [57 PL, 951pts] ++

+ Heavy Support +

+ HQ +

Tech-Priest Dominus [7 PL, 129pts]: Eradication Ray, Omnissian Axe, Phosphor Serpenta

Tech-Priest Dominus [7 PL, 129pts]: Eradication Ray, Omnissian Axe, Phosphor Serpenta

+ Uncategorised +

Forge World: Stygies VIII

+ Troops +

Skitarii Rangers [7 PL, 71pts]
. Ranger (Arc Rifle): Arc rifle
. Ranger (Transuranic Arquebus): Transuranic arquebus
. Ranger Alpha: Galvanic rifle
. 3x Skitarii Ranger

Skitarii Rangers [7 PL, 71pts]
. Ranger (Arc Rifle): Arc rifle
. Ranger (Transuranic Arquebus): Transuranic arquebus
. Ranger Alpha: Galvanic rifle
. 3x Skitarii Ranger

Skitarii Vanguards [4 PL, 48pts]
. 2x Skitarii Vanguard
. 2x Vanguard (Arc Rifle): 2x Arc rifle

Skitarii Vanguards [4 PL, 68pts]
. 2x Skitarii Vanguard
. 2x Vanguard (Plasma caliver): 2x Plasma caliver

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [27 PL, 480pts] ++

+ HQ +

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, 160pts]: Auric Aquilis, Hurricane Bolter, Superior Creation, Warlord

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Imperium - Imperial Knights) [27 PL, 569pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

Knight Crusader [27 PL, 569pts]: Avenger gatling cannon, Heavy flamer, Ironstorm missile pod, Meltagun
. Rapid-fire battle cannon w/ heavy stubber: Heavy stubber, Rapid-fire battle cannon

++ Total: [111 PL, 2000pts] ++

Thoughts on which one I should take?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Knights and competitive play don't really go together right now. Take the other one.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Man these hero full lists of duplicate entries are so bland.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
So does anyone know if there's a price point yet on Forgebane? Nothing's up yet on the GW website. Kinda curious about this robot-on-robot violence....

e: goddamn phone keeps spellchecking it to "Forgebabe" like it's got opinions on this gendered-inquisitor talk

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Dr. Gargunza posted:

So does anyone know if there's a price point yet on Forgebane? Nothing's up yet on the GW website. Kinda curious about this robot-on-robot violence....

e: goddamn phone keeps spellchecking it to "Forgebabe" like it's got opinions on this gendered-inquisitor talk

It's not posted yet, but they did say that the price of the box is less than all the minis without including the new ones, so I think that caps the price at 150-160.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Two Beans posted:

It's too late, GW already makes eldar